Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Downtime 5 - Kin

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Kin - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Kin

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Downtime 5 - Kin - Page 2 Npc_humanmale_is0beltrust_securitycaptainBuki says, "This is more than kind of you. If there's any other hardware you're looking for, just let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm getting new stuff all the time. Just nail a trog for me, eh? Oh, and don't get caught with the stuff."

((Buki's loyalty goes up to 4))
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:48 am

Kin sits on his bed, hunched over due to the cramped conditions. He holds three folded sheets of paper in his right hand. He is sure what is contained in the writing will provide some clarity about his parents. He thought about breaking into the Church to find this information, but quickly decided the odds of that ending well were low.

Rather, he chose to elicit the aid of a couple of people, one a recent acquaintance and one a childhood friend. Contacting Sam Dekker, he found that there is recent information about his father, that he is still listed in the active church directory. Kin is troubled that there is no mention of his mother, but at least it provided a start.

The second phase was more complicated. Relying on a childhood friend was risky. Sure, they were close growing up, but time changes things, including people. Kin didn’t know if he could trust Katsu Takeuchi, but didn’t know where else to turn. It was his only play. Through a series of coded messages, Kin learned two things. His old childhood friend was still trustworthy, as far as he could see. This could blow up in Kin’s face and he’d learned to keep trust at arm’s length, but he hoped this would work out. He would know something once he gained the courage to open the three folded pages he now held.

Having read through the pages, Kin learned quite a bit, including Katsu was on the up and up. After Kin’s third reading he made some notes:

1. His parents hadn’t died when he was a child, as the church claimed, but had been taken hostage.

Why they hadn’t been killed was a mystery. Maybe held as leverage if I try to do something in the future against the Church or maybe there was something against killing their own members.

2. They were imprisoned somewhere on the Church grounds.

Katsu doesn’t know where, but there is a labyrinth of tunnels beneath the Church, a likely location to keep someone hostage.

3. They were imprisoned because they held information that Kin’s father was going to take to the media and police, information that could be damaging to the Church.

I need to find that information.

4. Kin’s mother had died while in imprisonment, but his father was still there according to sources. Conditions were said to be barbaric, likely leading to her death.

The Church killed my mother, one way or another.

5. Katsu was becoming dispirited with the Church but doesn’t think he can just walk away without assistance.

He wants to leave but needs help. Also, an asset on the inside to help with getting my father out.

6. Kin’s name had come up a few times as Katsu was digging for information on his parents.

I’ll have to be careful.

In conclusion, Kin knows what must be done. Free his father and Katsu. Find the information his dad had obtained. Avenge his mother. Perhaps his newly found acquaintances could assist in this.

Last edited by Deadeye on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:52 pm

>>>>> If you want I can give you a ride to your car
    >>>>> We can swap stories
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Emiko arrives at Kin’s and messages him
    >>>>> I’m here

On the ride there, Emiko asks about the run Kin just completed. ((I did read your thread but feel free to share anything))

Emiko tells Kin about her run. ((If you didn’t read the Sexbot thread I can sum it up for you))
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:00 pm

"Wow! That all sounded intense."

((Since we're operating in Jeremy Bearimy time, Emiko hasn't undergone surgery yet nor started her side quest.))

"After I vegged for a day, I went out and did some girly stuff and met up with friends. Then, I went to this shadowrunner bar and met these 3 girls. One that looks like a girl and a spider morphed, one that is human, and one that is an elf. The elf, aptly named Pretti, is interested in getting into doing jobs so I want to introduce her to the group. She's already met Sam, apparently. Anyway, I'm thinking of heading back there to hang out with the girls again at some point; you should join.

Also, there's a job opportunity I came across. Some Johnson is willing to pay for someone to grab a meteorite. Doesn't sound dangerous but, in my experience, nothing ever goes easy. We would need a larger vehicle than you and I drive.

How about you? What have you been getting into?
    "
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:09 am

"With the meteorite, I figured I'd tell the group about it and, if they're interested, I'd get the full details. With the new girl, when you're not busy come hang out with me and I'll introduce you."

"How do you feel about karaoke,"
    Emiko asks with a smile and a wink.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:37 am

Karaoke wouldn't have been Kin's first choice. He'd sung hymns as a child but likely couldn't carry a tune around in a bag. But, what the heck, it would be fun to get out and enjoy a casual evening after all that had transpired the past week or so.

"Akane, I got a message and am here to pick up my car. I'm excited to see how it looks. You can describe the functionality you built into it."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:23 pm

As Emiko drove away, Kin walked into the warehouse to take a look at his new and improved 'baby'. Though Akane pointed to his car, she didn't have to. His was the only Westwind in the place. It looked the same, save the brilliant sheen emanating off of it, thanks to the new coating it had received.

Kin couldn't notice the armor that was built into the frame. It wouldn't be indestructible, but thanks to Akane's work, it would be safer if he had to protect himself on the road as he had against the Cobras.
    He did notice the new tires, a major upgrade from the tires he had purchased off the shelf during the encounter.

Akane opened the door and pointed out the smuggler's bin that had been installed, undetectable to most, but within easy reach for Kin. It was big enough to store his Raiden. There was a new button on the dash, surely there to operate the oil slick mechanism he had requested.

There was an additional keyboard which Akane demonstrated by pushing a few buttons. It transformed the body color from bright red to a deep translucent blue.

Kin couldn't have been happier, up to the point that he transferred the remainder of the fee, 13,000 nuyen to Akane. Considering the payday that he had just received, he could afford it.

He drove off, to relax and await information from Emiko on the meeting she was going to schedule. He wasn't too keen on Karaoke, but a little sake to grease the wheels would probably do the trick.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:44 pm

Downtime 5 - Kin - Page 2 24edcucAkane shows kin all the bells and whistles she added to the car, including how he can access all of them through an app on his commlink. He doesn't even have to be in the car to drive it. At the end, she says, "If you ever think of getting a control rig put into your head, and anyone who's serious about driving usually does, just let me know and I'll wire up the car for rigging as well. It's a cheap and easy mod."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:49 pm

>>>>> Hi Kin, I am going to meet a friend at the bar if you still want to join
    ((Emiko gives the details from her conversation with Pretti))

((If Kin decides to go))

>>>>> Do you want to pick me up in your fixed up car and show me what you did to it
    >>>>> Or do you want to meet me there

((If Kin decides not to go))
    >>>>> Ok, next time then!

Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:37 pm

"Akane, thanks for the work and I'll consider your suggestion."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:32 pm

Emiko get the details from Pretti and then messages Kin with the time and place. She also sends him her address.

>>>>> See you soon!
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:55 am

Kin hears about Sun's plan to go back into the basement at King Cobra's and about his interesting time with the shirtless salesperson. He follows Sun's lead, pays for gear and scuba lessons (4500 nuyen) and is ready to join Sun, meeting him at the Community Center.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:47 am

Kin prepares to move into the Community Center. He's always valued his privacy, out of a survival instinct, but there can be something said about spending time with others. He has enjoyed his time recently, thinking back on how much fun he had at Karaoke with Emiko.

He gathers up his meager possessions and has to chuckle at the comment WuJen delivered about big guns and shiny cars. That pretty well defines him. He makes a mental note to make both as inconspicuous as possible.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Kin parks his 'shiny car' in an available spot at the Community Center and gathers up his meager belongings. Once inside, arms full, he greets anyone making eye contact with a slight nod.

He works his way through the center, looking for an available bed that he can claim for his own and a place to store his things. His biggest concern is his newly-acquired hunting rifle, which is wrapped in a blanket. He hopes there's room under his bed and away from any curious eyes. His Raiden is comfortably tucked in his new compartment in his car.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:00 pm

The room is small but adequate. The door has a lock on it, which should hopefully provide enough privacy that storage of personal equipment shouldn't be an issue. There are no closets or anything though, so it wouldn't hurt to get some lock boxes, chests or other storage solutions.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 am

Kin decides to get a couple of containers to store his belongings. He's not looking for anything too fancy and opts to look for two simple containers that have simple maglocks and one keycard reader for both.

He locates a shop that sells these and transfers 1000 nuyen to the shopkeeper for both. The maglocks aren't top of the line, but secure enough to accomodate his needs. In today's society, physical possessions aren't as plentiful, but he needs to make sure that his hunting rifle is secure, not wanting it to just sit on the floor, available to anyone who might wander into his bedroom.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Finding a simple lock box is relatively easy. The maglocks attached to them have several options for disengaging the locks. There's the simple key pad, a card reader, and even various biometric options if one wishes to get fancy.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Kin decides to get his bounty license before meeting at the Community Center, pretty sure that he can pass detection. He strides into the police station and inquires as to the process to get it done.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Kin keeps cool as his fake SIN is scanned into the database. After a pause, the secretary says, "Alright, here is your test. It will cost 1,000 nuyen. You have 1 hour to complete it."

She then points to a set of tables with privacy dividers, allowing him to do it in peace. Seems his fake SIN passed muster.

((intuition + logic check, please))
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Kin pays the fee, sits down and finishes the test in just over 30 minutes. He hands it in awaiting the results.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Kin is feeling pretty confident about the test, particularly about the parts on proper gun safety. After she checks it, the secretary seems pleased "Congratulations," the secretary says, "A perfect score."

She then takes down some basic biometric information from Kin, digitally attaches the license to his SIN and takes his picture. He is now the proud owner of a bounty hunter's license.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Kin makes his way to the common area of the Community Center, hearing conversation already emanating from there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:43 pm