Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
Valacan
Emiko
Fuchou 复仇
Geert
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime 4

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 4

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:59 pm

"You don't specifically need the Dragon Egg. You can also get what you need from Tears. I'm not sure what makes a dragon cry, but I'll bet any interested dragon would part with tears before killing this egg."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:28 pm

"No i need he enzymes that are in the egg whtes which means that the egg will not survive unfortunately"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 2 5ce16574f56685ab5515f3837bc8fa6dMagic Sale

Wujen eventually gathers everything except for the egg to hand over to his yakuza contact, Shenji. Including the protective cases they come in, it is a large trunk full of stuff so he arranges for Shenji to come pick everything up at the community center.

Shenji looks over the stuff, takes some pictures and contacts his boss through the matrix as he plugs a credstick into his commlink. Moments later, he hangs up and says, "The boss is satisfied with the results and hopes you find the funds for the acquisitions to be appropriate."

He then unplugs the credstick and hands it to Wujen who takes a look at the amount as his contact packs up everything in a van. It reads, "300,000 nuyen". Tapping his chin for a moment, Wujen says, "You know what? I think I'll keep the book."

Shenji shrugs and hands the book back to Wujen, deducting its value from the credstick. Wujen then adds the difference from his personal funds. As the van drives off, Wujen takes the book to his room and thumbs through it, using his astral sight to reveal the magical writing within.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9

Post by Geert Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:01 pm

After hearing Fuchou was infected with the Ghoul virus, Kitaro feels bad for him.
    He decides to chip in for the rescue mission.

In the following days he will summon a force 3 spirit of man each morning with the optional spell "detect life" and ask the spirit to look for survivors in the tunnels.
    He will however tell the spirit that if it is attacked by Ghouls or otherwise in danger itself, it can move away to safety and resume it's task when the coast is clear.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Sam does his best to appear as if he's listening to Fouchou, but he has these new glasses now. He can always see the display from his deck. So, while he's trying to pay attention to his injured friend, he's also browsing around the matrix.

Somehow, he finds himself on the Shiawase webpage, and before Fouchou is even done with his speech, Sam has ordered himself a new Shiawase I-Doll, with a Realistic Features (3) upgrade, and personality and linguistics upgrades.

He does, more or less, hear what is being said around him, though.

"If Fouchou needs the egg, we should give him the egg," he says, while loading up a game of Starcraft.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Emiko shakes her head knowing Sam wasn't paying attention and follows up to Fuchou with, " that is very brave and noble of you to want to go back in the tunnels to help the people. If there's any way I can help, I am available to support you.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:03 pm

"Thank you all for being understanding. I do not want to harm an innocent being, even if it is only an egg at the moment, just to be normal again...whatever that even was for me."

"We don't have all the ingredients for the potion that Taishoko told us about, but maybe she will take pity on me from the other realm and help us find a resolution to this dilemma."

Fuchou begins to contemplate religious thoughts as the only escape from the mental hell of what is about to happen to him.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:49 am

A few days later, a large box arrives at the community center addressed to Sam. He unboxes the I-doll carefully, and turns it on.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:33 pm

In the days following the mission, Kitaro goes on a spending spree.

For starters he purchases a commlink, figuring he'd not like to hand over his real commlink anymore in the future.
    Then he goes to a bookstore and buys two books: "Matrix for Dummies" and "First Aid for Dummies" figuring it's good if he could handle the situation better if Emiko or Sam started coughing up blood again.
    On his way back from the book store he spots a bottle of Aztec Fly Perfume in the window of a shop and hops inside to buy it.

He then heads over to one of the major drugstores in town to buy the biggest medkit he can fit in his manbag.
    He also buys 4 of the best stimpatches they sell over the counter.
    Finally he chooses a nice high end respirator that looks as fashionable as possible.

When Madouka calls to say his order has arrived, Kitaro heads back to her magic store to pick it up. He inspects the scrolls he ordered, the focus and the lodge materials.
    On a whim he decides he could do with some reagents and cleans out the store's supply of regular reagents, buying 10.000 nuyen worth of the stuff.

After the spending spree, Kitaro spends the next 12 days in relative solitude.
    First he sets up all the lodge materials he bought in his apartment creating a force 6 lodge for himself.
    Then he spends the next 6 days focused on learning his new spells.

When Kitaro is finally convinced he has mastered his new spells, he has been without much meaningful human contact for almost two weeks.
    He makes his way to a fashion warehouse where he spends much of his remaining cash on high end fabrics.
    He has the fabrics delivered at the community center and spends a week teaching people about the wonderful world of fashion and feng shui.
    He helps them make their own designs and create their own clothes, everyone who participates gets to keep the clothes they made for themselves.
    At night, Kitaro heads over to the clubs he loves so much and hangs out with his friends, often buying rounds for everyone.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Sun first goes to visit the shady shop he went to before to get his armor, to place an order for gloves [20.000 nuyen] and boots [20.000 nuyen]. He then goes on to meditate on his staff [spending 9 karma on it]. In the times off from that, he either asks community center members for contact info on the journalist, or tries to contact said journalist. He also spends a week outside, spending money while on a sort of Big Brother project that helps street kids.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Sam forwards Michiko's contact info to Sun when asked.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 2 7jztlwhSam

Opening up the box, Sam finds his new toy curled up in protective packaging. Once she is removed from the box and turned on, she stands up and bows to Sam. "Greetings master," she says, "I am made to serve you. What do you wish to call me?"

Designed to be a personal servant, the anthrodrone is quite realistic. Many have come to call the series "robo girlfriends" as there are a fair share of men out there who have chosen to use them as such. She comes standard with cooking skills, but a bit of modification can easily make her far more capable at a wide variety of activities.

Around this time, Sam receives a series of texts from Hanako that come so quickly that by the time Sam has looked at one, 3 more arrive:

>>>>> Where are you?
    >>>>> Are you okay?
    >>>>> Your apartment is trashed, they're saying you had a fight with police!
    >>>>> Why aren't you answering your texts?!

Sun

Sun returns to the dark magic shop and offers a small fortune for gloves and boots. There is no scan this time as presumably the store already has his measurements. The voice says, "Your order will be delivered in two weeks. You may leave."

Later he continues to meditate upon his staff. He finds that it has become more effective in combat. It also appears to be capable of blasting a jet of water capable of knocking someone down. ((counts as a rating 1 weapon focus and you can choose to do a water attack instead of a normal melee one. Water attack knocks a target prone with no damage your 'damage+net hits' after soak roll is higher than their physical limit. They also fly back a meter if they are knocked prone. The water makes the area wet/slippery, which gives a -2 to any checks involving movement (such as defense rolls). It also has a chance to ruin electronics, which must succeed in a device rating check or short out if they do not have water proofing))

Once he is done with that, he signs up to be a Big Brother. He is paired up with a young dwarven kid named, Niku Marekko. Spends much of his time trying to ditch Sun. Sun ends up finding him working for a small time gang, selling drugs in a bad part of town. He does his best to keep Niku off the streets, but this boy will be a tough nut to crack.

When he's not busy, he contacts the reporter Michiko. She says, "Hello, can I help you?"
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 27c99ac3f6922fe14865e1d2033f3e88
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 699680767bbb3b111f350536aa539664Kitaro

Kitaro spends some time working on his magic, teaching fashion and blowing lavish amounts of cash on partying with his friends. His friends greatly appreciate the gesture, as do the girls who end up making more in a week of tips than they usually do for the month. The people at the community center also appreciate the lesson in clothes making.

Before all that though, he has a hot date with Madouka's little sister, Homura. The young ork shows up to the date in typical goth loli fashion and seems really excited to meet Kitaro....
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Sam messages back to Hanako.
    >>>>>> I am fine, Hanako.
    >>>>>> Those were not police. They were Yakuza.
    >>>>>> I am sorry it took me multiple seconds to respond while you were concerned.

Having successfully mollified Hanako through text, Sam turns his attention back to his new toy.
    "I will call you Eula," he tells Eula. "My name is Sam."
    He pokes around to find some neat stuff that he can do with Eula, but finds that she's rather limited and boring straight out of the box.
    Oh well. He is kind of hungry.
    "Make me a sandwich, Eula," he says.
    He sends a message to Kitaro.
    >>>>>> I bought an Android.
    >>>>>> She is pretty boring and plain looking.
    >>>>>> Can you take her shopping?

((I want to get her an Argentum coat. Other than that, though, I'm not sure what clothing to get her to go with it. Nothing else extravagant))
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:36 am

Kitaro pulls up to the curb in his pearl-white GMC Phoenix, freshly cleaned, and gets out.
    He's wearing a light-beige/white suit with a pink tie and matching white shoes with pink shoe laces.
    In the air there is the soft sweet smell of the Aztec Fly perfume he bought earlier that day.

Kitaro walks over to Homura, bows politely and kisses her hand.
    He opens the door and holds it for her until she has taken a seat, he then heads over to the driver side and gets in himself.
    The car, with high amenities has a beautiful luxurieus interior and leather seats with massage function.

Kitaro orders the car to drive them to the restaurant where he made reservations and engages Homura in conversation.

(( I made reserverations in a restaurant appropriate for the picture of the girl I saw before, so not in a place where orks are not welcome ))

suit https://images.app.goo.gl/XKgoyfi21eAmFRsP6
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 Beige-suit-white-dress-shirt-pink-vertical-striped-tie-large-24996
    car https://images.app.goo.gl/EpzYsC91Z6g1JDj3A but in pearl-white
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 310?cb=20180609105349
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 am

Sun decides to sit down with Niku, ordering him a nice, fresh soyshake.

"I noticed you got some very particular friends, Niku, who give you some very peculiar assignments. Can you tell me a bit more about them?"

--------------------------
    When Michiko picks up the phone, Sun replies:
    "Hello, miss Michiko. I believe we briefly met some time ago, when my friends and I were hunting a jiangshi. We're looking into something else at the moment, and would like to know what you know. There's no need for you to do any snooping around to dig anything up, as it'll be too dangerous. Just the info you already know due to previous investigations, reports and articles would be much appreciated."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Less then 5 minutes after having send the message, Sam receives a response

Good for you mister Dekker!
    I’m sure you will enjoy your new companion.

Just a few questions though.
    - What style of clothing would you like to go for ?
    - Do have any preferences about color ?
    - What’s your budget ?
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:13 pm

Sam messages back to Kitaro:

>>>>>>She will be coming with me on runs. So she will need to be well armored.
    >>>>>>And she may be carrying some things. So concealability would be preferred.
    >>>>>>I want to stay close to 4,000 nuyen.
    >>>>>>Other than that, I do not know anything about style or colors.
    >>>>>>Make her beautiful.

Last edited by Sam Dekker on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:49 pm

After a few days of relaxing and shopping, Emiko messages Setsuko Kaigara:

Hey girl, it's been forever. Let's meet up tonight for drinks.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Kitaro replies to Sam.

Mister Dekker, the coat you requested already costs about 3600 nuyen.
    I can't possibly assemble a decent outfit on a budget of 400 nuyen.
    If money is tight I suggest you try the pawnshop down the road.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 2 1534349116754Sam

Hanako responds:
    >>>>> Where are you now?
    >>>>> I need to see you.

A few seconds after receiving the text, Sam's commlink rings from an incoming call. Glancing at the caller ID, he sees that it is from "Auntie Muku." Given the day, it would usually be a call to confirm their weekly dinner. He gets the feeling that is not the case today.
    Sun

Niku sips on the shake and says, "They're my friends. They take care of me and give me work. That's all I gotta say about them. I ain't no snitch. But if you want some Bliss, I got you the connection. Real good stuff."

---

Michiko listens to Sun and says, "There something specific or are you just fishing for whatever I got? I don't have anything new about any jiangshis, thankfully."
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 F477d778989118d2fce883122992e157
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33rKitaro

Homura is beaming as she sees Kitaro pull up, clearly happy with what she sees. She is dressed in colorful loli fashion and eyes Kitaro in much the same way someone with a severe sweet tooth might eye a particularly delicious looking cake. Giving a polite bow, she says, "I am Homura Doumeki. Nice to meet you."

On the way to the restaurant, the pair have some getting to know you small talk where Homura reveals that she is obsessed with fashion and making her own clothing. Apparently she makes everything she wears. Before long, you arrive at an Alice in Wonderland themed restaurant. The food is overpriced, but the theme is cute and Homura seems to like it, despite the side glances you both get from customers and staff. Of course as an ork and an elf couple, that is to be expected in even the most accepting of areas in the city. No one bothers you at least.

Once orders are made, the pair continue to talk with one another. Homura asks a flood of questions, "So what do you do for a living? What do you do for fun? How did you meet my sister? Who's the most fascinating person you've ever met? Do you like to read? What kind of music do you like? Do you have pets? Have you dated a lot of orks before? What's your favorite food? What's your sign? What animal are you? If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be and why? If you could wish for a perfect girl, what would she be like? Do you get along well with your family? How many brothers and sisters do you have?"

Emiko

Setsuko soon responds:

>>>>> I'm in a party mood. Let's do it! I know just the place! Hope you have an appetite for meat!

Soon Emiko finds herself meeting Setsuko at a topless muscle-man themed barbeque place. Setsuko waves Emiko over as a bare chested muscular man places a plate of raw meat on the table next to a hot grill.  "Hey Emiko-chan!" she says with a huge grin on her face, "Nice place, right? Just opened recently."
    Downtime 4 - Page 2 Nqbuk8
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Sam heads down to the pawn shop, as Kitaro suggested. On the way there, he notices a vending machine with clothes available for 5 nuyen a piece. He picks out a top and a bottom for Eula, and brings it back to the community center. He dresses Eula in the clothes and snaps a picture.

>>>>>>These should go well with that coat.
    >>>>>>What do you think?

Downtime 4 - Page 2 Image
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Sam answers the phone. "Hello, Auntie Muku."

While on the phone with Auntie Muku, he snaps a quick picture of himself and sends it to Hanaka.
    >>>>>>I am at my friends' community center.
    >>>>>>I am on the phone with your mother.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Sam

30 seconds after sending Sam receives a reply
    "Send it over"

Homura

Kitaro smiles and spins her the tale he has told so many people in the past. He is a successful fashion designer who specializes in male fashion, particularly costumes.
    He then goes on to tell her that he is an only child and that both his parents died in a tragic accident when he was young. He looks very emotional and sad while telling her that part, hoping it will stop the multitude of questions being fired at him.
    He ends the story with the words
    "... I don't know why I'm telling you this, but I just feel I can trust you."

(( con : 5 hits if necessary ))

Last edited by Geert on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Sam sends the now clothed Eula to visit Kitaro on the Dodge Scoot.

Last edited by Sam Dekker on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Emiko gives Setsuko a hug and says, oh my! This is perfect... almost. We need drinks! I’m thinking something with lots of fruit and an umbrella,” and waves for one of the hunks to come take a drink order. “Should I order two,” Emiko asks Setsuko?

“So, how’s everything going? I see urban brawl hasn’t changed you, you’re looking prettier than ever!” Emiko says flirtatiously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:43 am