Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+5
Fuchou 复仇
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
9 posters

Downtime 3

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Downtime 3

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

Sam sets up a burner commcode to route the police to his commlink without giving up his location or any other info. He sends the commcode to Chougou.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 am

Sun puts down the mop and bucket and walks off, asking Sanji where he can help out the community, while refreshing some old techniques with him.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 pm

The police spend much of the rest of the day extracting evidence from the scene and going over the security feeds. Everyone is pretty much left to their own devices so long as they stay out of the crime scene. By the end of the day, a cleanup crew is brought in to clean up the crime scene and by evening the place looks pretty much as if nothing happened.

Kitaro calls around to his various contacts. Asking about "missing children" is a bit vague and kind of out of their wheelhouse. Explosives on the other hand are something Buki Daitenken totally knows about. Acquiring them at least anyway. Explosives and most weapons are completely illegal in the country so there are only a handful of places one can get those things from. Assuming the explosives were not homemade (which he has no way of knowing without getting a chance to examine the evidence that the police took with them), there are about 3 different places that explosives can be acquired. Anyone else who sells them to you usually just acts like a middleman to one of the sources. The first is through the government, which is the only legal channel for explosives though certain officials have been known to look the other way for a suitable bribe. The second is the Ningen Seinensha, a racist gang of humans who somehow have one of the best stock of weapons in the city despite being a relatively small gang. The last are the Big Bang Brothers, a trio of troll shadowrunners who specialize in demolition.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Once the cops are done with ichigo he will call his contact about getting an ambulance. Ichigo puts a call in to niko
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:08 am

During his working on Sanji's suggested spots, and his training, Sun makes time to check on the community center, checking if the cleanuo crew did a good job and none of the blood soaked into the floor, leaving stains.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Ichigo
    Niko's face appears on the commlink and she says, "Oh hey there, Ichigo! Looking to give up that slum life and join up with Tasukeichi yet?"

Sun

Luckily the room where the explosion happened wasn't tatami or that would just have to be replaced. Instead it is a vinyl faux tile on concrete. The cleanup crew is well trained for this kind of thing and after their cleanup, there are no signs of lasting damage on the physical plane. It looks as good as new.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm

After the police have gone, Sam logs off of his game and heads down to the community center. He sweeps for bugs, and tries again to see if he can figure out how someone got into their system in the first place.
    ((Can he upgrade the security? We were talking about having an security system that would just constantly spam matrix perception and deploy some type of IC. How much would something like that cost? And would the group be interested in installing it?))

Roll for bug sweeping:
    electronic warfare+logic[sensor rating]
    8+8[3]
    Sam Dekker carried out 16 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3

And a matrix perception for trying to figure out how the system was breached. Deck configuration is back to standard config:
    Teamwork rolls
    Sam Dekker carried out 8 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Sam's Matrix Perception Roll:
    Sam Dekker carried out 20 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 1 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 5 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 2 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 6 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 4 , Downtime 3 - Page 9 3
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 pm

((Oops... miscounted. Should have been one more die))

Sam Dekker carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 3 - Page 9 2
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:11 pm

"Hehehe I would but we just opened a community center and I have my clinic here and were trying to help out the community out which is why I'm calling you, i was wondering if you could me out with buying an ambulance..But like the ones we had in the military you know what I mean?" Ichigo give her a sly smile.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Sam
    Sam finds no bugs in the place, except for the cameras that were already installed from the previous tenants. They were obviously hacked by someone, but it is unclear what they did while in there as they set off no alarms while in there. Some editing of the video footage is pretty much a given just because you know the footage was different than what actually happened, but there was no evidence in the system of it.

The system itself is not exceptionally secure. Sam is certain he could have done the same with ease if he wanted. Sam can think of a number of ways to upgrade the security, with the primary issue being how much money you want to spend.

The cheapest option would be to turn off it's access to the matrix, but this has the drawback of providing you no alerts unless you're directly connected to it, which is less than ideal.

The next option would be to purchase a really nice commlink to act as a PAN for the system. This would improve the firewall and make it harder to hack. A top of the line commlink would only cost 8,000 nuyen, so it's not a particularly expensive option, all told.

The third option would be to purchase a really nice cyberdeck and have an agent running on it. This is a lot more secure since the agent could actively search for and respond to threats, but also a LOT more expensive.

The last option is to set up a host which is more expensive than a commlink but possibly less expensive than a cyberdeck with an agent. The only problem with that is it either costs a fortune to get a nice one, or takes a lot of time to improve a cheap one. Hosts are a little weird because they don't exist on any machine (though many machines may be connected to them), they just live in the matrix. Creating one of your own would involve either purchasing a starting one or venturing into a foundation to grow one of your own (though almost no one does the latter outside of a few specialized corps that sell hosts to everyone). Afterwards IC could be installed and the host itself could be grown further (though this takes a lot of time to do). From what Sam has heard of foundations, they seem to be weird quasi worlds that somehow exist within the matrix.

Ichigo
    Niko snaps her fingers and says, "Darn. Well, if you ever decide to take up the sweet life, we've got a place for ya.

"I can hook you up with a vehicle easily enough. We have old ones that we get rid of from time to time, though I'd have to charge you full price since making them disappear from the books is a little tricky to do. Lots of paper pushers that need to be satisfied that the vehicle won't be terrorizing the city, if you know what I mean. Give me what you have to offer and I'll see what I can get sent out to you as soon as I can get all the paperwork done. Alright?"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Kitaro has not gotten much useful information from his contacts.
    He thinks about sending a commlink message to Emiko but decides that he might as well take a look at the situation at the center and tell her in person instead.

Because of the events that happened before Kitaro does not feel comfortable going there alone so he summons a spirit to help him first.

Kitaro will give the spirit a friendly greeting and use a service to ask the spirit to guard him on the astral plane.
    He will then doublecheck the locks on his door, lie down on the bed and astrally project towards the community center.
    At the center he will first check if there are any police or other officials around. Then he will try to find the aura's of any of the team members.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:12 am

Sam lets everyone know that he didn't find any bugs, and also gives them a rundown of the options available if they want to add some security to their network.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:07 am

Kitaro
    When Kitaro astrally returns to the community center, there are still plenty of police about, none of whom appear to be bothering the others as they take their time investigating the scene and preventing any tampering with it until they've gotten everything they can get. The feelings of fear and death still pollute the astral plane where the boy once stood. It feels really gross.

Finding the others is not too much of a problem.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 am

Kitaro makes sure he keeps a decent decent from the spot where the boy died.

If Emiko is somewhere out of sight of the police Kitaro will move to her and manifest on the Material plane.
    If not he will look to see if any of the other team members are out of sight of the police and do the same.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:56 am

"Ok hun" ichigo sends her his info
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Kitaro

Sooner or later Emiko ends up somewhere that is isolated from the police and manifests to speak with her.

Ichigo

Niko says, "Is that all? I haven't seen you in a dog's age. Why don't we meet up someplace for drinks so we can catch up?"
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Chougou puts in his vote for getting a host and growing it with the center if it is cost feasible for them to all split; and also getting a local commlink for the time being; again if it's cost feasible.

Chougou tries to think through everything that happened for any sort of clue as to who it could be. He knows that Nikaru is dead, at least physically. He saw his body torn to shreds by gunfire. Maybe his daughter took up the cause?

Desperate for information, he sends a note to Ken Tochigi (loyalty 1 connection 1) an info broker that he helped once asking if there was any noise out there about someone named Nikaru or anyone buying explosives or weird collars. He says that even if there isn't any information now that it would be extremely valuable to him if he ever hears anything in the future.

Chougou also finishes preparing his cybernetic suit and gets it ready for whatever is coming next.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:53 pm

As Kitaro starts manifesting before Emiko, he makes a bow and says
    Good day miss Amaterasu. I have come to report on my progress searching for the killer of the poor boy that died earlier today.
    Unfortunately I have not had much success finding lost children. The only thing I have to go on for now is the explosive collar itself.
    How has your search been going? Have you discovered anything?
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:57 pm

"Absolutely niko when and where"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Chougou

Ken Tochigi responds to Chougou that he's heard no such thing about bombs or strange collars, but if anything comes up, he'll keep in touch.

Ichigo

Niko says, "It will take a couple of weeks to get all the paperwork done on your vehicle. There's a bar in Izakaya called Furoide. I'll drop off the keys with you and we can catch up then. I'll mail you the time and address later."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:46 pm

"Ok hun"
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:33 am

Chougou looks up tickets to the Anime convention that is coming to town, he would like to have a little bit of fun before he forfeits control of his life...
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am

To Kitaro, Emiko says, "please, call me Emiko. I was just heading in to the center to talk with Ichigo and the other men. Please join me."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:09 am

Ok Emiko. But please let's stay out of sight of the police, I don't want them to see me here, especially in my astral form.
    Kitaro's ghostly form floats after Emiko.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am