Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

3A - To Heir is Human

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 Empty Re: 3A - To Heir is Human

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:27 pm

((@sato - ah, okay about the lockpicking. As for having your device slaved, no, it doesn't matter. This is just checking to see how well your specific device manages to remain connected to anything amid the matrix flickers. ))

((@Chougou - give me an initiative roll, followed by computer + logic [sleaze]))

Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:44 am

Initiative:
    Fuchou 复仇 carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4

Computer:4; Logic:5; Sleaze:3:
    Fuchou 复仇 carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4

Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:46 am

((does that look weird to you guys too? It just says "Image not informed" with a bunch of commas for me...))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:18 am

((I think I fixed the dice, they should be visible now.

Remember that initiative is rolled differently than any other kind of roll. You take your initiative stats, add them together and then add a certain number of d6's to that. In the case of your AR init, it's intuition + reaction + 1d6. If you were in VR (cold sim) it would be intuition + data processing + 3d6, and if it's hot sim, you add another 1d6 on top of that. I'll just take the first die roll there, you have a 17 initiative

Also, when I give you a list of dice to roll, the format is stat1 + stat2 [limit]. So computer + logic [sleaze] means you roll the dice from computer and logic and any hits higher than your sleaze rating are ignored. In this case, you'd roll 9 dice and if you roll more than 3 hits, you just get 3 hits.))

Chogou finds the alarm icon, thoroughly weakened by the grenade. It is so weakened that it is an absolute breeze for him to hack through and disable. The alarm on that door should remain disabled so long as no one reboots it. In fact, all the emergency exit alarms appear to be shut down by this. It's a good thing that it was so easy, because Sato ends up opening the door a moment after Chougou disables it. At any rate, Torpor and Chougou seem to be free to go in now without setting off an alarm.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm

((I'm glad Chougou isn't dependent on my ability to discern rolls, I have taken the notes and will try to do it right in the future. I can only see all the glitches right now, I'm going to go try some test rolls in the burn bad rolls thread to see what happens.))

Chougou is surprised by the success of the hack and feels that even though it wasn't incredibly difficult given the locks weakened state, he feels a little bit of pride under the layers and layers of fear.

Chougou sends the Crawler in ahead of them with the rotodrone over their shoulders and behind him and Torpor in case it needs to attack. He looks through the Crawler's eyes to see what it sees. He follows Torpor in as soon as he goes giving a narration of what he sees.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Sato darts into the stairwell, looking around for cameras - trying to race up the stairs while the cameras are glitching and gets ready to pick the lock ((lockpick roll above)). He won’t enter until he listens and he waits for his team from above if possible

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:23 pm

The stairwell has a camera at each landing. Sato quickly realizes that running past them and hoping for a glitch in the system is a sure way of being seen. As the cameras sweep back and forth, it seems that both Sato and the team above are currently out of view. That will change in a moment unless something is done about them...

((hacking wise, your options are to either disable them entirely or edit the feed. Disabling them entirely means they are just shut down for the time being and presumably someone will come to investigate what is wrong with them. This is the least hassle to do, but is less stealthy.

Editing the feed requires a hacker to do the edit action. Doing the action isn't particularly hard, but you need to do it for every camera that you want to edit per combat turn. Right now there are 2 cameras looking at you guys since you are split up, that means at least 2 complex actions per combat turn. Possibly more as you move along the stairs and are within sight of more than one camera at a time))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Sato looks up to see if there is a blind spot in the camera sweeps (maybe below them?)
    He will attempt to message Chougou to disrupt the cameras ((maybe he can hack it easily because he’s gone in through the alarms?))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Chougou thinks that their chances of successfully remaining unknown for the duration of their time inside are much higher from disabling the cameras than trying to maintain an edited feed, especially if the drones have to engage in a firefight. He throws everything he's got at it:

((I'm taking better notes in my character sheet on what I should roll for situations, if I get it wrong please let me know what it should have been and why and I will keep that for reference. So hopefully each correction will only have to be given once.))

Deck - 4331
    Computers - 4, Logic - 5
    Fuchou 复仇 carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 1
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:50 pm

((no problem. Long stretches of time happen between times you get to actually roll, so it's easy to forget. I'm always here to help you in any case.))

In the matrix

Having gone in through the alarms, Chougou has easy access to the main host, but still needs to hack into the host's slaved icons, which includes the cameras. With host access, he at least has no problem finding the cameras, so he tries to hack into them. His attempt is sloppy and he cringes, expecting to alert security, but no alert comes. He actually manages to get a mark on camera's system. That is enough to switch off the feed, but it can easily be switched back on if he doesn't shut them down entirely. This will require another 2 marks.

((two more rolls, please))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:42 pm

((Chougou ganbatte!!))

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 11 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Chougou successfully gains enough control over the cameras to completely disable them. Anyone who wants to mess around with them will have to talk to him first. At least until he reboots his commlink or someone knocks him offline anyway. For now it does not appear that security has noticed his digital intrusion or the group's physical intrusion.

Chougou and Torpor make their way down the stairs while Sato makes his way up, and they all meet up at the landing for the penthouse. Sato is pretty certain he can get the door open with his lockpicks. There is also a window in the door, a metal mesh running through the glass, making shattering it a difficult matter. If one were to peek their face through, they could get a look at what was beyond, but then what is beyond might spot you as well...
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Chougou motions to his rotodrone implying with his eyes that it can go look at what is in there.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:28 pm

((If I use my matrix perception to see what local wireless connection are around to kind of get a mini map of my local area, is that possible?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:50 am

((@Torpor - It is not a super accurate map as it will only give you a relative idea of where any matrix icons happen to be, but yes, you can do that. However, the matrix icons of anything that belongs to the hotel are all protected by the hotel host so you need to be in the host to see them. Luckily, Chougou already is.))

Using his new abilities, Torpor reaches out to sense if there are any icons connected to the matrix beyond the door but realizes that there is a host protecting everything but a single commlink icon in one of the bedrooms, which is all he can make out. Using the map that you already have of the penthouse, he overlays the location of that icons as a blip on the map.

Since Chougou is already hacked into the host, he is able to see a LOT more icons. There are countless appliances and otherwise useless icons, but some icons do catch Chougou's attention, which are the ones he focuses on. There are 2 commlink icons in the hallway between this door and the penthouse entrance. There is also a drone in the same area. He highlights these locations on the map as well.

While this is happening, there is a distant rumble of thunder as the storm rages on below. Torpor gets a fuzzy feeling in his head, like an storm of static electricity is pulsing in his brain. He's pretty sure that he can release it into a matrix icon if he wants. He's unsure what that will do, but it probably won't be quiet.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Torpor mentions to the others the feeling he has, and implies he wants to do it. Just let him know when everyone is ready and we will see what it does.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Chougou wants to power his drones down before Torpor does that and asks as much
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:24 pm

((omg I forgot you are a Jr. Technomancer - some of their powers are so awesome))

Sato slowly and deliberately makes eye contact with both Chougou and Torpor.  

"Things will happen very quickly from now on.  I want to repeat that while I deeply appreciate your aid so far, if things get hairy, I want you to know that you have my permission to walk away at any time.  I can cause a distraction while you escape through the roof."

Sato slips his shock glove onto his left hand and draws the narcojet pistol with his right.  He adjusts the position of the spirit blade to be easy to access, but still hidden away and puts his commlink in the Faraday pocket.

"It is also important to me that this be done very cleanly.  No casualties except for our target unless things get very, very hot."  

((ready))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Chougou shuts down the drones and will power them back on after Torpor does his tingly thing...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:29 pm

((If you're using it, pick a device as a target: drone, commlink 1 or 2 in the hallway or commlink 3 in the suite))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:43 pm

I try the the drone 1 in the hallway. (( Fingers crossed))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Sato whispers to Chougou and Torpor.

"Can we tell how far away the two commlinks in the hall are? Could we zap the drone and then have Chougou open the door to allow Torpor and I to bum rush the two guards?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:35 am

Judging by the map you have, the hallway is not a very long one; perhaps a couple dozen meters at worst. The only other ways out of it are the elevator and the penthouse suite.

Torpor focuses on the drone for a moment and he feels it lose its connection to the matrix and shut down. The drone is unharmed and should reboot in moments, but you at least have those moments to not have to worry about it.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:18 am

"There is out chance, let's go." As he pulls out his silenced pistol loaded with narcojet rounds.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:38 pm

((Can we assume we all ready for Chougou to open the door and roll initiative?))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm