Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mingmei university

    Share
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 am

    Commslink crackles "....Fisher...my...hay.....nn....min.....ten.....minu...."
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 am

    Sato stirs from his reverie as the van pulls to a stop on the gravel parking lot and whispers to himself in surprise at all the spirits "Nandeyanen"

    "It is likely that the temple's magical defenses are very strong. I have power against spirits, but if there are many, it will either be very loud or they will overwhelm me, or both."

    "I assume that cleansing Mingmei from murderous paranormal creatures is favorable to the priests' objectives on this earth, so perhaps we should just straight-up ask them for their help and guidance. They should know how to active that ofuda and perhaps could be convinced to assist us with a piece of wood and any enchantments that are needed."

    "I don't want to be rude, but I assume you have a friend who keeps..." he glances over his shoulder at Sam in a less-than-subtle way "...the two of you out of trouble when words are needed?"
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

    A Motorbike roars up the road to the Temple, its engine lustily booming as its rider pushed it hard.
    Partly because it wanted a large tip to deliver its passenger, partly because it wanted to make an impressive entrance, but mostly because it really liked riding fast.
    Hanging on tightly was a familiar figure.
    The priestess was wearing a loose fitting dress, a satchel, a small backpack and peeking out from under the dress a Urban Explorer jumpsuit. Though this was one in a very uninteresting light grey colour and seemed to be very close fitting instead of the usual baggy variety.
    KingFisher had her eyes clamped shut, her teeth were in a grimace against the rushing wind.
    Her hair had flown behind her like a kite on a string and now when the bike stopped it flopped like a child's ice-cream in a summer head wave.

    Her legs were shaking when she got off the motorbike, for a few moments she walked like an old fashioned cowboy. Her voice was crackly as the rushing wind, engine vibration and the noise of her arrival had played havoc with her voice. It sounded like she was trying to talk through a howling gale. She bowed clumsily to the rider, paid with a tap of her cred-stick, gives the team a brief wave of a hand and staggered across the car park looking for somewhere out of sight.

    If someone speaks to her, she seems to be slightly deaf for a few moments and doesn't notice any one speaking to her.

    A flash of magic, comes from behind some cover the sound of something unzipping, the rustle of fabric, something heavy flapping for a moment. Half audible curses drift in the wind and the clump clump of someone getting into something complicated.
    About ten minutes after she went behind cover she returns, her sensible shadow-runner boots covered by an immaculate kimono. Her hair is properly in place with the right pins, her make up is perfect and she looks the very image of a proper Shinto Priestess, aside from the smallest hint of riot boots under the kimono that is. She might be a Priestess but she's a shadow-runner too, and they don't wear footwear you can't run for your life in.

    Returning to the others she gives them a beaming smile, and a respectful bow. Her steps are not entirely graceful but far better then when she got off the bike.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am

    Sam shrugs at Sato and gestures towards KingFisher. Then wanders off towards the entrance.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

    ((Sorry at work, so no time for eloquence - will RP the greeting later))

    Sato greets Kingfisher respectfully (but a bit guardedly) and inquires if she is the “Speaker” for the group.

    If she confirms, he will help the group bring her up to speed, contributing especially on his observations on the (considerable) astral defense and his first-hand observations of the Jianshi and it’s powers. He is willing to offer his story first-hand if she feels it will help her with her discussions.

    From a cultural perspective, he respectfully points out that she probably already knows that the priests may be willing to help which will create giri ((mutual obligation)) and perhaps even willingness to contribute to the financial reward the group is seeking and she should explore those options.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am

    Chougou introduces Sato to Kingfisher.

    "Kingfisher usually helps us out when our" Chougou motions to Sam and himself with a half smile "charm is insufficient."

    "It is good to see you priestess, we were just about to go observe the temple and learn more about the peach tree here. Should we need to take it, we have planned to be unobtrusive and not make our interest known, however it has been suggested that they might just give us one to help fulfill their mission to eradicate the world of devils. Perhaps one of them might even join us...what are your thoughts?"
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:27 pm

    KingFisher looks over the new arrival and smiles.
    "Good morning to you."

    She visibly taps on a pocket in her kimono.

    "I have a little something to help us with this.
    Having a Meko as a friend is a very useful thing."

    Returning to Sato.
    "We each have our talents. I contribute my humble efforts as 'speaker' and spirit worker. The gentlemen here are our technology experts. It's always a pleasure to meet new partners in our little business.
    "
    The priestess has a powerful personality, but her appearance is very unremarkable. She's clearly an elf, but specific details tend to be a little vague.
    It's hard to remember if she was tall, short, fat or thin.
    Before she put in the Official kimono she was just another young woman on a motorbike.
    A curious trait but invaluable to a shadowrunner.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

    Sam pays the miko and enters the temple.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:51 pm

    Chougou pays the fee as well and tries to perceive

    chougou carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm

    ((wait do you have a way to get in KF? Is that what the Meko is?))
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by KingFisher on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:54 pm

    KingFisher looks at Chougou and whispers softly.
    "They do a lot of things but it's polite to pay a small fee to enter, it pays for the upkeep of the temple."

    Approaching the Miko she gives a deep respectful bow and follows the proper customs for visiting a shrine as a professional priest.



    She waits for the appropriate time and politely presents the letter of introduction to the Miko.

    "Miko-San I have travelled here from the Kokoro temple.
    I have urgent professional business with the priest of the shrine. I present a letter of introduction from the Miko of that shrine. There is something most urgent I need to discuss, something very dangerous is about. "

    She once again bows deeply to the Miko.
    KingFisher hopes her recollection of proper behaviour was correct. Coming with official documents could make her actions reflect badly on her home shrine.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm

    ((A miko is a shrine maiden. They are female holy women. In the real world, they are traditionally young virgins who help the real priests by maintaining the grounds. In this world they are just regular female priests.))


    The miko sells tickets to Chougou and Sam, while also offering various charms for good luck in various things. A quick glance at those offered include charms that provide good luck in child birth, test taking, driving, love, studying, and other assorted mundane tasks.

    She takes the letter from Kingfisher and examines it for a moment, then says, "If you wait a moment, I will find someone who can assist you."

    The miko closes her eyes in meditation, apparently leaving her body astrally to find one of the priests to help. A few moments later, she opens her eyes and the astral form of an older priest manifests next to her on the physical plane. "Hello, miss. It is always nice to have a sister from another temple visit our home. My name is Hiroki Noguchi. How may I help you?"
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm

    Sam makes his way into the temple, taking a video as he goes so they can go over it later when they try to formulate a plan.

    ((I'm a little bit confused by the description of the temple... was the earlier description the outer grounds, and now I'm inside? Or was the earlier description a description of what was inside the temple once we made it past the ticket taker? Either way...))

    Sam walks the perimeter of the temple, looking for the peach tree and for signs of security.
    ((I think that's a regular perception roll))
    Sam Dekker carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,

    And matrix perception, to see if he sees any signs of electronic security now that he is inside and walking the perimeter
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:20 pm

    Chougou looks around for someone to talk to as though he was just a tourist.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 pm

    Sato makes an appropriate contribution to the Miko and follows Kingfisher, ready to contribute supporting evidence to her story.

    He takes the opportunity to evaluate the Astral security in more detail by assensing.

    winkingchef carried out 6 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , ,


    Last edited by winkingchef on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 pm

    The entire temple grounds first consist of an outer forested ring of dogwood trees with the path up to the torii gate that leads to the temple itself. The temple is surrounded by large wooden walls, the gate of which Sam is allowed to pass through by handing over his ticket to a priest at the entrance. Within the large wooden walls is an open area with more trees, though these are of many varieties including cherry blossoms, bamboo, ume, persimmon and several others that you do not recognize but all of which are helpfully labelled with nearby signs. A well-maintained circular gravel path allows one to walk among the trees and enjoy the atmosphere as well as the intricate carvings found throughout the surrounding wall. There are some roped off passageways near the walls that are banned to the public; likely the living quarters of the resident priests.

    At the center of the large grove is a smaller roughly circular walled area with a secure wooden door, locked away by maglock. Though there is no label to the door, it's ornateness suggests that it leads to an area that is sacred to the priests. Once again, Sam spots no obvious technological security other than the maglocks, though there is a basic network running the lights, and other necessities.

    Chougou spots a handful of tourists as well as a couple of priests walking the grounds to speak with.

    Meanwhile Sato and Kingfisher remain outside the temple to speak with Hiroki Noguchi.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 pm

    Chougou find the nearest priest and asks what this is a temple of. He explains that he is a visitor and had never seen a temple of this magnitude.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:12 pm

    ((Is the walled off area also ceilinged?))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:28 pm

    ((it is open air as far as you can tell from the outside))

    The priest says to Chougou, "This is the Hanamizuki Temple, one of the 6 sacred temples of Mingmei. Each temple represents one of the guiding elements of the Shinto faith. This one in particular is devoted to the element of wood. Wood represents life and rebirth. Because renewal is the quintessence of our religion, the temple is rebuilt every twenty years. The periodic destruction and rebuilding of the shrine symbolizes the life and death cycle with periodic renewal. It is also done with the view that the art and science of building such temples will not die out and the workmanship and technology will not be forgotten. The temple also serves as a conservatory for many types of trees, preserving them so they do not die out in these troubled times when mankind sometimes forgets about the importance of nature. The trees that you see here are still thriving throughout the Desian Islands, but we also have a few which have almost gone extincts in this world. Those are strictly forbidden from public viewing for fear of damage or vandalization to the sacred trees."
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 pm

    Over NoodleGangChat:
    "I still have reservations about this 'asking for permission' plan, but let's see how it shakes out. If it goes south, though, do you think you can get us a bird's eye view of this place covertly, Chougou?"
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 pm

    Satō speaks up

    "Forgive our intrusion Noguchi-sensei, but we have come to you in a time of dire need. We have discovered that Izakaya is haunted by an unclean spirit and need the enlightened help of your temple's guiding element to cleanse the filth from our district."

    "We would like to discuss this at length with you in private. We don't want the details to cause a disruption to the serene meditation of your visitors."


    ((Teamwork Etiquette test in support of Kingfisher. +1 limit if I get at least 1 success and + successes to her dice pool as well))

    winkingchef carried out 6 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , ,
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 am

    Chougou over noodle gang chat:

    "If it goes south then it will be a very sad situation for sure, this place is wonderful. But yes I'll do recon if needed to stop the jiangshi while we make our next plan."

    Chougou otherwise stands in awe of the awesomeness of the temple.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    KingFisher

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2018-05-04

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by KingFisher on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 am

    KingFisher is very impressed at the speed the priest can appear from the Astral.
    "Noguchi-San my companion Sato-San is right. We have something most important to discuss with you. Something only this Temple will be able to help us with."

    With Sato helping her, she continues to be respectful towards the priest but her manner is entirely professional. This is not a pilgrim looking for a blessing, this is a professional consulting another on a completely professional matter.

    She makes a complicated gesture with her hand and in the Astral the illusion form of the beast they are hunting appears , holding it for a few seconds to ensure the priest has seen it before it fades completely away.

    A trace of her thoughts whispers through the Astral also, she's praying to a Mentor Kami to guide her steps. Her Astral self flickers for a moment, no longer a respectable priestess but a Street Brawl warrior. The image is clearly of her state of mind, but it does not radiate an intention to attack, only that the spirit is preparing itself for a difficult fight to come. If the priest is especially observant he will notice a small trace of fur lining the collar of her armour. Fox fur with a white tip. When her concentration is broken the fox fur is the last to change.

    Her Comm link splutters and she taps her ear discretely trying to change the settings, sending a very short message in a feint whisper.
    The Astral form flickers and returns once more to a reflection of the priestess in the Temple.

    **I'm assuming a professional on the Astral will see the signs of her devotion to her patron Kami. The Fox has been guiding her steps for some time and her Astral forms often contain subtle indications of this to a very well trained eye. A Shinto priest would certainly recognise the tell tale signs of her Kami. She's not averse to violence but her aura is of one who does what she believes is right. There's a taint of rage in her aura, she clearly intends to cause something a very bad day. She keeps thinking of the letter she carried, clearly anxious to bring no shame to her home Temple.**

    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

    Sato stands one step behind Kingfisher apparently as a sign of respect and deference...but really because he’d rather avoid being closely assensed right now (these explanations tend to be rather long and tend to distract from the issue at hand)

    ((Is there such a thing as Astral Stealth?))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:43 pm

    Sam checks the time. It's probably about 3:45 or maybe 4:00 at this point. The others should be back in comm range soon, he thinks. Maybe they'll have been successful and this temple gambit will prove unnecessary.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm