Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mingmei university

    Share
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 pm

    Chougou looks at the raccoon as well

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:17 pm

    The professor says, "Raccoon? Oh! That is just my tanuki, Tantarou. I initially got him as part of an experiment to see if there was any relation between the animal and the mythological trickster spirit. My conclusion is no. He does not appear to be awakened in any way through various assensing tests, and even if he was somehow masking it, I have yet to see him show even a hint of magical ability. He makes for a cute pet though, so I kept him."
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 pm

    Sam nods.
    "Okay. Well, thanks. I'll see you around, maybe. We'll let you know how it goes with the jiangshi."
    Sam leaves the office (presumably with Chougou), and closes the door behind them.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

    ((Sam would like to do some recon on the temple, in case the farm run doesn't go so great. He doesn't want to try to break in, or steal the wood, but if there are, like, public tours of the temple or just people who regularly go in to pray or check it out or anything, he would like to go check it out to get the lay of the land))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm

    The professor bids you farewell and you both head outside. As you walk out the door, a human gentleman in expensive-looking clothes is walking your way. You pass each other in the hall and notice that he enters the same office that you just left. He definitely does not look like a student or professor and did not bother knocking on the door.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

    Chougou nods at the explanation for the tanuki and smiles at the Professor. Thanks again he says and then follows Sam out the door.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

    ((Does Chougou have the ability to take pictures of people with his drones? I'm thinking that since I didn't declare it that he shouldn't have his drones ready, but I'd like to hide one in his hair for that purpose.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm

    Chougou looks up at Sam and mentions doing more recon at the temple as well, to see how they are doing there.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:52 pm

    ((Okay... so, my guess is that is Sato who you are introducing, but if I don't know him, I probably do't really care that another person came to talk to Morikami... So, let's do this: ))

    Sam stops outside the professor's door, listening to see if he can hear what this well dressed stranger might want with Morikami.
    Sam Dekker carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,
    ((perception test))

    He also does a matrix search to try to ascertain how much access to the public is available at the temple ((Possibly just checks their website? If it's not there, though))
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    ((matrix search))

    "I don't know how the guys are doing down in the woods," he says to Chougou. "I'd like to get some better intel on the temple, if we can."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

    ((yes drones can take pictures, as can commlinks and tons of other devices. In general I will presume you have the small ones on you, but leave the combat ones behind unless you say otherwise. You need to command it to take pictures, which means you are plugging into your rcc. It is similarly subtle to using your commlink to take a picture. So, not that subtle. If you are already plugged in, then there is not much to notice since it is just a mental command.))


    Listening at the door, Sam hears talking but the voices are indistinct. He manages to catch "jiangshi" and "ofuda".

    The temple is open to the public during day hours and closes at night. Visiting just requires an admission fee of 15 nuyen.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:16 pm

    Chougou pokes at Sam's leg a bit insistently trying to remind him that it's rude to listen in on doors, and then agrees that the temple would be a good place to go.

    ((do they know who went there or what they are planning? Can we contact them from here to see how they're doing?))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm

    As Sam and Chougou leave the stone university building and head back to the street to look for a taxi, they hear heavy footfalls behind them and turn to see a man running towards them at full tilt. The man is of average height, and handsome in a forgettable way.

    What does catch your attention is that he is wearing an extremely nice suit. You may not know drek about fashion, but it's pretty obvious this is the kind of suit that says "some old guy who smells just a bit of tobacco came to my house and spent a lot of time with a measuring tape and pins making sure this thing looked nice.

    ...and where there was nice there was likely nuyen.

    "Wait! Are you the two that just meet with Morikami-sensei? We might be able to help each other...I've encountered the..." (and he abruptly stops as he notices he is in public...and glances to either side to see if there was anyone in earshot and lowers his voice) "...person you're looking for and I think I know where it lives..."


    Last edited by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:54 pm

    ((who went where? To the farm? Everyone else is there... Maybe not kingfisher? It's tough to figure out what kingfisher is doing. But, no. We don't know how it's going with them.))

    Sam tells Chougou that admission to the temple is 15 nuyen.
    They head to the temple.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm

    Sam and Chougou are, presumably, headed out to Chougou's van. They stop when they hear Sato.
    "Um," Sam says. "Who are you? You know where..."
    and he figures out that Sato means the jingshai.
    "Well, that would be a lot easier than trying to convince Chougou to convince one of his hooker friends to be the bait..." he mutters to himself. But not successfully quietly enough so that the other two can't plainly understand what he said.
    "We should find somewhere more private... No. I'm going to stick with who are you, for now."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 pm

    ((kingfisher doesn't seem to be paying attention to the other threads so I will have to give her player a poke. I will assume she meets you at the temple since the other three who went to the farm are currently getting torn apart by weasels))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm

    ((weasels are awful!!))

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm

    We were just heard to a temple nearby in search of peachwood. If our interests overlap them we will need a way to add some finality to the situation...would you care to travel with us and we can speak on the way there? I am Chougou and this is Sam.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm

    "I mean, we don't even know your name yet. But, sure. Why not. Just come on in a van with my, maybe overly trusting, friend here and me while we go case a temple. We can get to know each other on the way. Or in the commission of the crime. You know, whatever."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:30 pm

    That's true, we can have lots of fun together. Chougou says as he smiles up at Sam.

    So tell us friend, what is your name?
    Chougou looks at Satou

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

    Sato takes a glance at your van. His face twitches a bit upon seeing that it’s clearly also your living quarters.

    He composes himself

    “Excuse my rudeness. I am known as ‘Sato.’ Pleased to make your acquaintance.

    While your van appears...eeeeh...very nice, I think perhaps first we should make a deal. It appears we have common interests. I am looking to help my uncle investigate and avenge a brutal murder of a family member, and you are similarly inclined. Let us discuss what we know and hopefully come to some agreement.

    In the meantime, I suggest we agree to a peaceful trip in your van while we talk. Are we agreed?”

    Sato’s tone of voice and expression are neutral.


    Last edited by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm

    Chougou looks at the empty noodle boxes in the back of his van and suddenly becomes slightly embarrassed.

    He agrees to Sato's proposal and engages his flying wasp drones ((I'm remembering that they have little bug legs that can help do this from the picture?)) to help him clear the obvious refuse from the seats and put it into a trash bag that he is holding.

    He also pulls out another trash bag and offers it to Sato indicating that he can put it over the seat to protect his clothing.

    "Apologies for the disheveled conditions friend Sato. I have been spending some long nights here and wasn't expecting company. Please make yourself comfortable."

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by chougou on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm

    Chougou then relates the details of their assignment and what they have learned so far.

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:50 pm

    Sato flashes a grateful smile and spreads the bag on the seat before he sits.

    As the van starts moving, he relates his story.

    “A few weeks ago, my uncle found one of my cousins dead, with an expression of horror fixed upon her face. My uncle suspected a spirit of some kind, so he immediately reached out to me, as I have a small amount of experience with such things.”

    “I spent many nights staking out the spot of her murder, a clearing in Wanpaku Koen. I am fortunate that my job requires great patience as the monster took over a week to strike its next victim, but I was ready...or so I thought.”

    Sato pauses for a moment, his usually expressionless face creased - clearly troubled by the memory.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm

    "Go on," Sam prompts, seemingly unmoved by the change in Sato's demeanor or expression.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 pm

    After a moment to compose himself, Sato continues his story.

    "One night in the very early hours, I noticed a young OL (("office lady" - basically a young secretary who works for the sole purpose of finding a husband)) walking by herself through the park.  I know the cowboys and other public servants ensure that Izakaya is not particularly dangerous, but even so, she was perhaps a bit too tipsy to be walking alone through an empty park in the dead of night."

    "It had been a hot and humid day, so the cool of night had brought a mist amongst the cedar trees.  It obscured my vision somewhat so I was slow to react when the monster struck.  It is my great shame that I was not able to act quickly enough to save her."  

    Sato paused again and frowned as his memories flooded back.  

    "I hope I never have to witness anything like that again.  It was a strange thing to see how fast it moved - it leaped through the air in great bounds, inexplicably as fast as a running man.  I had barely started towards it when it fell upon her.  It was over so fast, she didn't even have time to scream."

    He drew an engraved case from his suit's chest pocket and withdrew a hand-rolled cigarette.  He motioned with it to Chougou - wordlessly asking for permission to smoke in his car.


    Last edited by winkingchef on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mingmei university

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm