Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 6- WuJen

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 6- WuJen Empty Downtime 6- WuJen

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:46 pm

After a few days recovering from his wounds, mostly spent watching Nam for signs of being Nakamats, Wujen lets his teammates know he's headed off to Astral space for a few days and settles into his bed to make the astral journey to Pandemonium.

This time, the Watcher that guards the paths into the metaplanes seems to be taking it easy, involving the young elf in an annoying riddle game that he's sure has a point, but doesn't really get it.  Eventually being allowed to pass, WuJen crosses over onto the vast plain dominated by the impossibly tall mountain and makes his way to the palace.

The palace is as WuJen remembered, though when he arrives the guards put him in a waiting room rather than allowing him to see Tatsuo.  Time becomes endless as he waits, though it's hard to tell as he doesn't seem to get hungry, thirsty or even need to sleep while away from his mortal body.  He figured Tatsuo's father was angry with him, She would not be getting hurt and be forcibly sent back here if not for her relationship with him.  He assumes this wait is just the ancient God being petty, leaving him to cool his heels as punishment.  So he waits. On and on.  An eternity goes by, and then two.  More.  The waiting is endless.  So long is the waiting that time loses its meaning, his thoughts just existing in this place while he paces, sits, paces and waits some more.  Another eternity goes by.

At long last, a guard enters and he is brought before the Dragon King.

"Eternity is something you mortals don't understand.  You believe it's a long time, but that is just because you exist with limits.  We do not."

Another eternity seems to pass.  Each time WuJen thinks to speak, the time just doesn't seem right, the Dragon King about to continue with what he has to say.  But he does not, and time draws on endlessly.

Finally, or perhaps instantly upon the heels of his last words "We have unlimited time, and that means unlimited capacity.  For Love.  For Hate, For Pain.  Time is a meaningless concept to beings such as us.  Instead we simply exist.  We Are."

Time stretches further on, or not at all. "We measure not Time, but Events.  You are filling my Daughter's existence with suffering.  She now worries over Time, and how much you may have left.  You are catching her up in Mortality, Mage.  Move beyond it."

Another eternity crawls by at the speed of light, perhaps thought.

"You are mortal, and cannot see beyond it.  Take what I have shown you, and learn.  If you would be worthy of my Daughter, you must be more.  I have shown you the way, now go."

For once, it appears to be the proper time to speak, and WuJen says "Yes Sir.  Thank You"

As the young mage begins to move toward the exit, the great Dragon speaks one last time "And Mage...   stop getting her disrupted.  It is ...unseemly..."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Downtime 6- WuJen Empty Re: Downtime 6- WuJen

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Moving on from his audience with the Dragon King, Wujen meets up with Tatsuo in her rooms.

"So how did your little talk with Father go?" she asked

"Terrifying as always. He's really quite imposing. I'm not sure if he likes me or not. He likes you, and that gets me his attention, which is more than I'd like, honestly. This time he seemed to be showing me something else. I feel like I almost understand, but it's just beyond me. Something about the nature of time. or death. maybe neither. It was for you though. Trying to make me better." WuJen shakes his head in confusion.

"At any rate, ready to head back? There are things happening that really can't be left for long."

Tatsuo smiles "Of course. Interesting Times, and all that."

Together they head back to mortal existence, walking the long distance back to the entrance to the astral plane.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:09 pm

WuJen is surprised, though he isn't sure why, to find that when he wakes up it's only been a little over a day since he left for Pandemonium. Little Dragon materializes next to him, beautiful as always and smiling.

"So what's up first?" she asks

"First, some time with you, of course. It's been days, and I may be a little tender, but I missed you like life itself." Wujen says with a mischievous grin

"After that though we are off to check on our friends. We got the girls we rescued set up near Mushiba's people, and they seem to be doing OK but you never know. One of those girls, the one we saved from the house, is off on her own and I am especially worried about her as she might not be who she says she is. Plus, she's alone in a place where bad things happen every day."

"Then there's the other girl, the one who became a Ghoul. It's been some time since I checked on her, and the potential for that to go horrible is pretty high both for her and for those who cross her path. I want to help her, but I don't know if I can, or if ending her life would be kindest for all involved."

"I'd also like to take a quick trip down to the Farm, check on the Dryad and the people we left with her, make sure they are fitting in and doing well. Maybe check to see if they need anything from the City while we have time."

"There's also some disturbing news about a family attacked by what sounds like the odd Spider Lady we encountered when we moved in here. I feel somewhat responsible, especially if she's out hunting people when we were the ones that let her go. I'd like to do some investigating on that."

"In between all that there are a few spells I'd like to learn, and some sharpening of skills. All in all, a busy time ahead of us."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Downtime 6- WuJen Nam TakamasiNam seems to get increasingly paranoid as days pass. Though she can't see any spirits or astrally projecting mages watching her, that is kind of the problem. She never knows for sure if she is or isn't being watched and seems to just go on the assumption that she is. She seems to seduce men for a shower and warm bed each night, but never does anything with them, the idea of an astral peeping tom apparently ruining the mood. Her sleep is poor and before long she is looking like an exhausted wreck. She explains the situation to the guy she is with and, after promising to pay him back, she borrows some money from him then heads across town to a magic shop in Majoukoya called "Good Manas",the astral barrier around which prevents Wujen's spirit from observing what is going on first hand. She doesn't emerge for a long time, but when she finally does, she is wearing an amulet that seems to create a faint barrier around her in the astral plane that seems to make reading or tracking her aura significantly more difficult. A spirit is also following her astrally and is apparently under orders to attack any spirits or mages who might be following her on the astral plane. Wujen is informed of Nam's last location by the observing spirit before it is destroyed. He can try sending another, stronger spirit or project himself if he wishes, but he will have to do so immediately before she has the chance to leave the area.
    The trip to Purgatory is as stressful as always with Little Dragon's father being ever the overprotective parent whose sole focus seems to be giving Wujen a hard (and terrifying) time. When he is not being chewed out by the Dragon God, Wujen waits around in the castle, feeling very much like a fish out of water. As he does, he can't help but notice the looks he gets from the servants and guards as they go about their business around him. It's entirely possible that he's just being paranoid, but he swears he hears some snippets of gossip that sounds like, "...I can't believe she keeps going back to him." Though he doesn't hear enough of the conversation to know for sure they're talking about him and Little Dragon, he can't help but feel like they're gossiping about the couple.

Ultimately, it's Little Dragon who is more worried about Wujen than anything else. While she always eventually comes back, she has no way of knowing the fate of her husband in the time between. She greets him warmly and happily returns with him once she has reconstituted back into her form. The pair then return together to the mortal plane.
    Downtime 6- WuJen Io
    Downtime 6- WuJen Checklist_detailAfter a night of lovemaking and a wonderful night's sleep, it is clear that Wujen has a pretty long list of things he wants to get done. While he discusses them with Little Dragon, he also jots them all down in his commlink for convenience:
    - Check on the Nakamats girls
    - Find/check on Nam
    - Find/check on Takako
    - Visit Harumi and the Peach Farm
    - Investigate Spider Lady
    - learn spells/skills
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:54 am

WuJen starts his day looking at his list, and begins by checking in on Nakamats's girls, flitting out into astral space and manifesting to talk with them and making sure they are doing all right.

After that he gets dressed and heads out to Good Manas to see what kind of establishment they are-- given Nam's paranoia it seems like that spirit could be a danger to innocents in her vicinity.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Downtime 6- WuJen Kana NagasakiWujen finds Kana at the Nakamats Girls' place. It's only been a few days, so they've not really gotten fully settled in. They seem to have the basics going at least. They've pirated power from the grid. They've managed to scavenge together some drones for basic security. Nothing too fancy but at least enough to deter a casual intruder. Kana says, "If you're here for us to pay back your money, we're still working on that. Got a lot of stuff set up, but still a ways to go. There's actually a lot of good scavenge in the area. The area was abandoned pretty abruptly and the wild drones seem to have kept out most of the casual scavengers."

---

Good Manas is a small shop in the Majoukoya district. The district is well known for its disproportionately high number of magic users and is thus a great place to find magic shops. It is also a great place to run into the types of magic users one doesn't want to run into.

This particular shop is surrounded by a mana barrier which prevents Little Dragon as well as any active magical effects from easily entering the shop. The interior features largely various reagents on shelves, while the 'good' stuff like foci and the like are behind glass cases. A sign on the counter reads, 'Ask about our custom potions!' Behind the counter, the owner is a young oni woman named Madouka, judging by the name tag on her shirt. "Hello, how can I help you?" she says as Wujen enters, her gaze fixed on him and clearly trying to make a judgement as to whether he's going to be a good customer or a magical troublemaker.

Downtime 6- WuJen Madouka Doumeki
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:00 am

Downtime 6- WuJen Tiadeth HelsingAnother elf enters the shop as well, wearing very mage-like robes. The owner looks over at him and says, "Oh, hello Ghost. Looking for anything special today or just come to browse?"Downtime 6- WuJen Madouka%20Doumeki
    Hocram
    Hocram

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tiadeth "Ghost"
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Hocram Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 am

"Hey Madouka, I've come to browse, I have some free time this morning. How are things?" Ghost nods at the other elf in the shop and greets him "Morning"

He casually looks at some of the reagents around the shop. Ghost is two meters tall and has palish skin, he's wearing decent quality clothing but carrying a patched around backpack that rested heavy on his shoulder.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:59 pm

"Good Morning" WuJen says as he nods to the other mage.

Stepping up to the counter, WuJen says "I understand this establishment provides spellcasting and spirit services to the public. Who do I speak to about that? "
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:38 pm

"Well, it's not the typical thing I offer," she says to Wujen, "It's not practical to do regularly. But for some special cases, I can be convinced to do so. You don't look like the type who needs to be made a special case though."

To Ghost, she says, "Doing fine. Nothing to complain about anyway."
    Downtime 6- WuJen Madouka%20Doumeki
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:54 pm

"I am not in need of your services, but rather I'm keeping tabs on a recent client. It seems you have engaged a spirit to attack anyone that might be watching her. I hope you were careful with those instructions, as any number of things could be construed as watching her. "

WuJen quickly casts an illusion of Nam beside him, and continues " This is the woman in question. She's recently been very abused, in ways that could render her incredibly dangerous. I am happy to tell the whole story if you like, But the short version is that she is either a perfectly innocent young woman who got very lucky in escaping a bad situation... or she is someone who kidnapped, enslaved, and experimented on SINless young women before selling them as sex dolls when they were no longer useful in the experiments. I rescued her from a bad situation, and haven't yet recovered enough from that ordeal to be sure of who she is. "

" Which puts me in an awkward position. If innocent, I do not wish to trouble her further... But if not I cannot just let her go on to continue her activities. So I come to you since she's being watched over by your spirits. I don't wish to fight, but if you are to keep her safe from surveillance then you need to know that you may now be responsible for her future actions. "
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:20 pm

The shopkeeper says, "It's not good business for me to be discussing my customers, particularly when it involves such a sensitive matter as that. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by denying I know who she is because you wouldn't be here if you didn't already know that, but she is scared and for all I know, you are the reason for that. Not that I'm accusing you of anything, but you can understand why I would be reluctant to discuss it. So I will not be addressing anything about her directly to you or anyone else. If you're honestly worried about the spirit, it shouldn't cause any undue disturbance to the general public. I've not had issues with them in the past, but should they happen to be a bit overzealous and attack a bystander, I'll certainly take responsibility for their actions."Downtime 6- WuJen Madouka%20Doumeki
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 pm

WuJen nods. "Very well. You have been warned, It's your reputation on the line. She's potentially very dangerous to the public at large. If that proves true this matter will be laid at your door. I truely hope this ends well for all involved. "

Before leaving WuJen, under the guise of browsing the store for a moment, assenses the shopkeeper carefully so that if he encounters spirits or spells later he will recognize the astral signiture.

Having done all he can short of getting into a magical brawl over stalking a potentially innocent and scared girl, WuJen decides to let the matter rest for the moment. Instead he decides to head back to the community center, and astral projects to the place Takako had taken shelter.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:25 am

Downtime 6- WuJen Madouka%20Doumeki"It always is," she says, "That is why I do not do this for most people. At any rate, I rather incorrectly judge her as innocent than to incorrectly judge her as guilty. The mundane unfortunately have few options when it comes to defending themselves from hostile magic."

The shopkeeper's got a few active spells on her and also appears to be astrally perceiving when Wujen assenses her. Her signature matches the barrier surrounding the shop. He does notice that his astral senses and magical abilities are somewhat dulled by the background count within the shop. Not so much as to eliminate his skills entirely, but enough that he rather not be using magic within the shop. Presumably the shopkeeper wouldn't appreciate magic use either. The owner seems unconcerned by it and is likely acclimated to it in the very least, perhaps even aligned with it.

Calling the building Wujen was told of by his spirit where Takako was last seen a run down old building is generous. The place is made of rusty corrugated metal and contains a large number of squatters. None of the current residents appear to be Takako. Nor do any of them appear to be ghouls, much to Wujen's relief.
    Downtime 6- WuJen Takakosplace
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Worried a little for Takako, WuJen resolves to check up on her later and travels out to Harumi's Farm for a short visit and to make sure the refugees he saddled her with are doing well.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:41 am

Downtime 6- WuJen Harumi YouseiWithin moments, Wujen finds the farm. Harumi is sitting beneath her peach tree as usual, gazing out into the astral plane. She notices Wujen and greets him, "Hello. It is good to see you. Everyone is doing well. We've managed to patch up all the damage from the typhoon. Durarg has been quite helpful in that regard. We have even begun construction on a new building to help house all the people we currently have. What brings you out here? Is there anything that you need?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 am

"Nothing in particular. Thought I would drop by for a visit, see if you needed anything and wanted to make sure the people I settled with you were behaving. "

WuJen settles in to chat with Harumi for a short while before heading back to his body. Once he returns he checks the xyz board for any replies to his advertisement for the armor.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:59 am

Downtime 6- WuJen Harumi Yousei"We don't get a who lot of trouble out here that we can't handle for ourselves," Harumi replies, "I suppose it's harvest season if you want to spend some time harvesting crops, no one will argue about having another hand to take care of it."

The post on the XYZ board has a few curious posters, but no serious buyers as of yet.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm

WuJen declines the kind offer of manual farm labor, and after the short chat heads back home to his body. He spends the rest of the day with Little Dragon.

Uncomfortable not knowing where Nam or Takako is, but unwilling to push the issue by hunting young women who clearly doesn't it want to be bothered by him, WuJen shoots a short message to Sam about his failure to find a fair deal on the armor.

Afterwards, WuJen concentrates on domestic life and his studies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am