Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 5 - Wujen

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Wujen Empty Downtime 5 - Wujen

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:12 pm

It was a rough couple of days, but Wujen managed to make it back home alive and significantly richer. His wife gave him a bit of grief on the way home, but in the end he understood it was out of love and the couple spent the night playing doctor. Because Wujen was still quite injured and he certainly needed all the doctoring he could get.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 5 - Wujen Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Wujen

Post by WuJen Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 am

WuJen lay down in his bed, not anxious to visit his wife's cantankerous family but still excited to go.  Leaving his body and floating out into astral space, he embraced Tatsuo and together they moved in the direction of the metaplane she called home.

"You are growing, already you are equal to most mages.  How much more of you is there?" he said with a mischevious tone.  Blushing with a mixture of embarasment and annoyance she says "Are you saying you can't handle me?  There is more than most of you mortals can even comprehend, your view of reality is so very restricted and narrow.  It's a wonder any of us make it through at all."  With a suggestive arch of her brow as she looks him over "Still, some of the sights are pretty enough to be worth the effort.  Now behave yourself, we dont need a repeat of your performance for Mother and Father like last time."

As they approached the passage to Pandamonium, a massive figure, cloaked in flame and weilding a great sword, blocked their path.  "Mage, we must have words, you and I.  None pass from this plane without *my* permission, yet this is the first we have met and not your first journey hence"

WuJen felt his connection to Tatsuo fading, even his sense of mana diminishing, as the world was drowned in the angry gaze of the Dweller On The Threshold.  WuJen had known this was coming, his first trip to Tatsuo's home had been through an Astral Gate created by an extremely powerful entity, apparently a past suitor of Tatsuo's, and not subject to the Dweller's oversight.  A point seemingly not appreciated by it now.  "Always a shortcut with you, the aid of spirits, allies in battle.  Never doing the work to accomplish your goals.  Even this journey is intended as a quick fix to your own lack of skill.  Can you do nothing for yourself?!"  The Dweller's firey presence drowned out everything, Wujen found himself without Magic, without Knowledge, and finally even without Memory.  Then the world shattered and he was elsewhere.

Masaru played on the beach, piling sand.  He was perhaps 2 years old, no real concerns to trouble him.  He wanted a house, and so he piled sand.  There was a problem though, the sea kept washing his house of sand flat.  Each time he would shape the wet sand into walls and start on a roof the waves would come and wash over the beach, leaving nothing by a formless lump where his house was supposed to be.
    At first he called for his mother, thinking in the way that children do that perhaps she could stop the sea and let him build his house.  Time passed, and she chould not.  He could not even remember her until his house was built, only that he had a Mother, who had protected him and his friends.  Until Father...  "That is another trial, Mage." rumbled voice of thunder through his conciousness.  Masaru forgot about Mother and Father.
    Time went on, and Masaru learned.  He hauled flat rock to where his house of sand was to be, it was heavy but he needed a more solid foundation.  Masaru grew, older now and with more understanding.  More stones followed, making a wider base, piling into firmer walls.  The more he worked the older he became.  But piling stones was not enough.  Not much different from piling sand, really... and eventually a greater wave came and knocked his house down.

Masaru learned.  He cut wood, made beams and braces to form his walls and build upon his foundation.  His body grew strong from long hours of labor.  Day and night he worked, building an ever more elaborate house.  A castle.  Its spires reaching to the clouds, its dungeons deep and unknowable.
    Years went by.  Decades even.  Finally Masaru stood outside his great castle gates, the threshold of his house.  No, for within was Tatsuo, and together they would make it a home.
    The Dweller diminished, and Masaru became WuJen, the Castle Gate a portal to Pandemonium that he had built through his own labors.  "Pass freely, Mage" said the Dweller as it moved on to elsewhere in the astral plane.

WuJen took Tatsuo's hand, and led her to her families house, where he could learn more about her and so bring her home.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:33 pm

In no particular order of time:

Looking to make contact with semi-reputable Talismonger to help get higher level foci and such.

Maintain close contact with the Jingai concerning the fate of the Cobras

Maintain close contact with the Cobra's children, will go so far as to pay for lifestyle and such.  We knocked down their house, we can be responsible for making sure they still have one.

Take a Cobra motorcycle, and figure out how to make it go.

Get the bounty hunter's license from the Cowboys.

Call the Cowboy I promised a favor to, see how he would like to collect.

Being respectful as possible of the survivors of the fight and their children, arrange for as many of the bodies as possible to be delivered to the Zombies, because goodwill from them can come in handy at odd times.

???

Profit...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm

((alright, lets go down the list one at a time, starting from the top))

Flipping through his contacts, Wujen tried to think of who might be able to recommend a good talismonger to him. Most of the people in his address book didn't seem particularly promising when he came across Mikuzume. The two hadn't talked since the jiangshi incident so he figured he might as well give a call to see how she was doing, if nothing else. He is startled to see an actual image appear on the screen. Until now, Mikuzume had always disabled trideo during a call, but now Wujen was greeted by a sort of lifeless shell that looked part flesh and part machine, but in no way human. Perhaps this was a new avatar that she was using?

It was not long before light suddenly appeared in the creation's eyes, the body became animated and the voice of Mikuzume issued forth. After exchanging greetings, she says, "A talismonger? You seek enchantments? I, as they say in the vernacular, 'know a guy'. However, I am told it is considered improper etiquette to hand out the numbers of associates without their permission. This particular associate demands a 10,000 nuyen membership fee to avail oneself of his services. I can vouch that his services were invaluable during our research on the jiangshi. Much was learned and his magical assistance prevented much potential damage to the lab. His enchantments are considered world class by his peers. If you have the funds available, I can connect you."
    Downtime 5 - Wujen Artificial-human-body
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 pm

WuJen shudders at the price, but nods. "I have the funds, but I sincerely hope he's worth it. Thats asking for alot of trust in my part. I'll send the funds wh n you are ready."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:22 pm

"I would not recommend him if I was not absolutely confidant in his abilities. I must however warn you that he is not local. He is from elven capital of Llayath, though he does travel across much of the world for his work. I trust that your elven is still conversational? He does not speak Desian. I am ready for the transfer when you are." Downtime 5 - Wujen Artificial-human-body
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Wujen makes the transfer.

"Elven is fine. Thank you for the introduction."

I trust all is going well for you? This is a new look.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:33 pm

"All is well. The the jiangshi research has led to some interesting developments. We have been experimenting with animating dead tissue with significant success. Such developments could lead to incredible advances in the field of thaumalogical medicine. Thank you again for the find. Have there been advancements in your life as well?" Downtime 5 - Wujen Artificial-human-body
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 pm

"There have. I've married Tatsuo, and she has grown considerably. My business of helping people is doing well, though is sometimes more dangerous than I'd like."

WuJen talks to the thing for a short time, making polite conversation, and then says "Thank you again for the introduction. I've got to be going now, but don't hesitate to consider me if more good paying job opportunities come along."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:04 am

Mikuzume congratulates Wujen for his accomplishments and promises to make contact if further assistance is needed. Proper pleasantries are given and the call is disconnected. He then receives a contact file for one Meraotar Sillonael. The name is one only an elf could boast having. The name sounds vaguely familiar to Wujen, like he's heard it somewhere...

((you can make a magic theory check if you like))
    Downtime 5 - Wujen Artificial-human-body
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:26 am

Wujen tries to think of where he's heard the name before then realizes that he's one of the members of the Elder Council of Llayath. It consists of 13 elves who are old as dirt who essentially are considered the rulers of the elven race. Not all elves necessarily recognize their authority, but they are quite influential among the elven community, never the less. Each of the Elder Council elves is an incredible wealth of information on a particular aspect of elven life. Meraotar Sillonael is the elder of artifice, the leading authority on elven magical items.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:39 am

WuJen shakes his head and wonders if he should buy a new suit before making that call.
    Mikuzume doesn't always understand people and how they relate to eachother, but it rarely disappoints.

Deciding to at least wash his face and brush his hair, he sends the comcode through and waits to see who answers.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:58 am

Downtime 5 - Wujen Meraotar SillonaelThe call connects and you half expect it to be an incorrect commcode, but sure enough Wujen finds himself face to face with Meraotar Sillonael of the Elder Council of Llayath. "I have been told to expect a call from you," he says, "I assume you have business to discuss? If you are looking for reversal spheres, I only have one left and it will be quite some time before I am able to make any more."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:21 am

WuJen nods "Yes sir, though I didn't expect that I would be meeting with a luminary of your caliber, nor anywhere near. My needs at present are barely above what one might find in a local shop."

"What I hoped to find is a connection that can handle some quality spellcraft tools, such as higher end sustaining foci, or perhaps even a good strong power focus. Obviously this is well within your capabilities, though perhaps not really worth your time. I am, of course, willing to do whatever would be in my power to sweeten that deal for you."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:01 am

Downtime 5 - Wujen Meraotar SillonaelMeraotar says, "Is that all? If a power focus is what you seek, I happen to have a wand on hand that I recently acquired and would be willing to pass on to you for a mere 150,000 nuyen. Though for I must at least ask, where did you receive your magical training? I trust you are at least a 2nd grade initiate? Mages of insufficient capability do tend to get addicted to such things and it would be irresponsible of me to sell the wand to a child..."

((either he's price gouging you, or the wand is rating 8 ))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:07 pm

WuJen frowns. "I am mostly self taught, though I awakened as a toddler. I have initiated, but only once. Most of my time and energy has been devoted to my Ally. My lifestyle hasn't afforded me as much opportunity for academic study as I'd like. I'd make the tools myself, however enchanting is an area of magic that I am deficient in."

"That does not mean I'm a fool, however. I could possibly get the cash to pay for the wand, but if it's worth the price I'd not want to bind such a thing. I'm stronger than most, even without the initiation, but it would b beyond me."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen Meraotar SillonaelMeraotar says, "Ah... then perhaps I was overestimating what you are in the market for. Something more manageable then." He holds up a crystal about the size of a walnut with what looks like a miniature tree growing inside and says, "This seed of life shouldn't be a problem to handle. I can have it sent to you for 75,000 nuyen."((it's a rating 4 power focus))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 pm

"The wand is definitely the sort of thing I'll want in the future. I don't have the cash on hand for the seed, but I'm very interested. If you don't have too many interested parties I will certainly get back to you on that."

"To be honest, I may have wasted your time, for the moment. When I asked about making contact with someone who could provide quality foci I never thought it would be someone like you. I occasionally come across items I cannot use and that I consider too dangerous to leave in circulation on the street, and lately I've been getting into situations where tools stronger than the toys available in talis shops are needed."

"When I have more cash, or something worth trading, I hope you will accept my call."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen Meraotar SillonaelMeraotar's features shift ever so slightly. Not so much that they scream anger, but just slightly enough to show annoyance though he doesn't make an overly dramatic deal about it. "I see," he says, "Well, when you have a serious artifact you wish to deal in, give me a call. Good day."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:41 am

Over the next couple of weeks, you keep in touch with the Jingai, as much to see how they are doing as the Cobras whom you displaced. None of the Cobras have real access to proper medical care and the Jingai have no medical training, just the aid of medkit autodocs, which is better than nothing, but only just. Some of the wounded develop infections that would normally not be an issue in a hospital setting, but their conditions aren't the most sanitary. One of the less injured Cobras has apparently been working on prosthesis for the wounded, but he is only really able to build the hardware. Attaching it to human nerves is beyond his skillset and would require the hands of a properly trained surgeon.

The children are basically fine for now. Despite the two new doors added by Sun, their school is still in adequate shape and there is enough food stashed away in the base to keep everyone from starving, even if the food isn't exactly the most nutritious. The damaged walls are eventually repaired by the Jingai though, as buildings tend to function better when the wind doesn't blow through them.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 pm

WuJen will ask around about finding a reputable streetdoc to help out with the care of the Jingai and Cobras. While he can't offer much in paymemt, he can offer favors and possibly a place in the Jingai compound if they can get along with the bikers. While he has little influence and no connections he will do whatever he can to help them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:58 pm

The most reputable street doc that Wujen knows is Ichigo. After his last run, he's actually looking to lay low for a while anyway while the heat dies down. When Wujen gives the suggestion to move in with the Jingai, he packs up his clinic from the community center and moves it over to the Jingai base so he can work on the wounded.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:15 am

While helping Ichigo move, Wujen picks up one of the Cobras' old motorcycles. It's a little hard to operate, particularly since it's meant to be rigged, but he gets the general gist of it, or at least how to get the autopilot to function.

He then rides down to the Cowboy HQ to apply for a bounty hunter's licence. There is an extensive written test involved, though it is just general knowledge. Anyone with basic education should be able to pass it. ((intuition + logic test please))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024Wujen's test goes well enough. He gets a couple answers wrong, but fits well within the average score needed to pass the test. Once he's paid the 1000 nuyen processing fee, he's the happy owner of a bounty hunter's license.

On his way out of the precinct, he notices the same officer that he'd bribed a few nights earlier with a promise for some 'magical service'. The officer walks along with Wujen and says, "Just the man I was needing to see. I need you to summon a spirit that will obey me. A strong one. An earth spirit maybe. No questions. Just the spirit. Do this and you won't hear from me again."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:21 pm

WuJen tells the officer 'Not really how magic works. Especially with spirits. They don't have alot of volition on their own, and you have to be careful how you order them as they don't really understand the world the way we do."

" I could summon a Spirit and tell it to obey you, but after your first order it would consider it's services done, regardless of your opinion on how it carried out that order. If it did something you didn't expect you would have no way to correct the situation."

"That's not even considering the liability situation. That spirit can be traced back to me. If it does something damaging I can be charged with it's actions. Especially with a strong spirit that might be worse than the possession charge, which I now have a permit for, and attempted bribery, which would land in your lap at this point as well."

"However, fill me in on what you need done. I keep my word. In addition, problem solving is sort of my profession. The situation will get resolved."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am