Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

2 posters

Pretti Meets Akina

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Pretti Meets Akina Empty Pretti Meets Akina

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina agrees to meet up, but her neighborhood isn't one you'd really want to go for a stroll around. She instead meets up at a park in on of the nicer districts of town.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Pretti Meets Akina Empty Re: Pretti Meets Akina

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Pretty is sure to bring Akina’s preferred beverage, be it tea or coffee or stronger.

There’s the usual bow, hi, how ya been—in Western or Desian, depending on Akina’s preference. She sits on a bench or pushes the wheelchair, whatever Akina wants.

And while Pretti’s 99% sure “I want something” is stamped on her forehead in a way Akina can read from a mile away, she doesn’t cut to the chase. This is not out of some kind of pretense, but simply a case of Pretti being comfortable around Akina that she can just be herself.

“So… I met a runner. She’s got this friend who I called Tampon Sam, ’cause he made a tampon run for her while she was on a job. We were drinking, the name was meant to be silly, but really, also meant in respect.

“Turns out this Sam’s a runner himself, and he’s on this job that I really respect. Like, I almost regret not being on the same job, but I’m still kinda green around the gills. Anyway, it turns out he’s Gamer Sam. The guy who won that tournament after I foiled the cheat!”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "As you can probably assume, I am familiar with him. I wouldn't have hired you to help out a stranger. Well, maybe if I had money on the line I suppose. But I didn't. I was even in to him for a while, but he turned me down for sex. Can you believe it? Hmpf." She crosses her arms, apparently still salty about that.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:44 am

Pretty gives a his-loss/you’re-quite-a-catch sort of response, which is her genuine feeling. If she weren’t with MK, she’d have asked if Akina’s into girls. She won’t go there now, but it’s clear from the conversation she admires Akina.

((Been busy, despite not getting out much. In the interest of not slowing the team,,do you mind if I fast-forward past small talk?))

When it’s time for a change of subject, Pretti tells of her next job. “I’m helping out an urban brawler whose legs were blown off. She’s a good friend of the girl who got me in the group in case you’re wondering why on Gilon anyone would jump into a game like this.

“I don’t think my girlfriend will ever need a team of runners to save her butt, but… y’know. Can’t hurt to say, don’t forget how I did that Urban Brawl thing.

“Still… it’s a crazier sport than I first thought. Check out the casualty list—all from this year! Is that normal?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:11 am

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "Urban Brawl isn't really my thing. I'm not a fan of watching people purposely getting their bodies destroyed unless those bodies are virtual. People do die in that game though, at least from what I hear. No idea how often, but I suppose it should be easy enough to find some statistics to compare. Hold on."

She zones out for a moment and when she returns, she says "I've got a decade of statistics here. There's not a team in all that time that's had that many deaths in a single season. Most teams don't have any deaths at all. Lots of injuries, sure, but deaths seem to be fairly uncommon. The teams that do have deaths maybe have 1 or 2 for the whole season. 5 is something of an outlier. It's not unheard of mind you, but it is a good three standard deviations from the norm."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:56 am

Pretti replies, “Yeah… I wasn’t too squeamish about seeing those videos of myself, but that’s ’cause I know how I ended up. And y’know… I lost my legs, but I gained better friends. Meeting you really helped keep my spirits up.

“So anyway… the outlier comes as a relief that the sport isn’t so suicidal. On the other hand, are you saying this is a deadly season? Or is it only deadly for one team? …that being the one I’m on.

“Not that I’m saying I’d feel better if even more people died, but if it’s 5 deaths and 2 legs on one team and no deaths on others, I’d think it’s either a fix or… maybe something more personal.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:29 am

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "5 deaths, 2 legs and an arm, at least for the Dragons. The dismemberment is actually below average for the game. Injuries are relatively common. Death is unusually high. There have been some other deaths on the other teams, but they are all within normal ranges. Mostly just 1 or maybe 2. "

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:56 am

Pretti says to that, “So this is a deadly season and a stupidly dangerous game. Still, the outlier’s weird, right?

“Was there any correlation between this year and last? I mean, if the Dragons are being deliberately killed off, did they wrong someone? Either cause a death or just win so often someone’s forcing a change? I mean, if it was a fixed game, why would the oni-troll team go out of their way to lose and cause so much carnage? A fix wouldn’t draw this much attention, or be so self-defeating, right?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "Limbs are usually replaceable. Many people hack off their own limbs on purpose for the upgrades anyway, so I don't think most of the athletes are particularly worried about dismemberment. And the good ones do get paid a lot to risk their lives, so it is what it is. Trading a flesh arm for a metal one and a life of comfort isn't the worst deal for some.

"Anyway, all I can tell you is the stats. I'm fine with math, but I know nothing about any of the nitty gritty in there. No idea if they wronged anyone. They've got a decent win record, but not something that particularly stands out compared to other teams. I've no idea if the Butchers were trying to lose, nor why they might. They seem to be statistically more thuggish than most teams, I guess. They do tend to inflict more injuries on average, but they're huge so I guess that is to be expected and that's a legitimate strategy for the game, so I can't say they were doing anything wrong. As for attention, I don't know that any real attention has been drawn. There are no reports of investigations that I can find, so as far as I know, you're the only one trying to find something, and it's entirely possible that there is nothing to find. At any rate, I'm not really the person you should be asking those questions to. I'm just a deck jocky."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:45 am

Pretti says, “Well… it seemed suspicious to me and one of the other experienced runners, but anyway, I appreciate you brainstorming this with me. We don’t have to keep talking shop, if you’d rather not. But I’m glad to have you in my life if this is a career I’m sticking to—the running—Urban Brawl’s a one-time thing… hopefully not for the same reason as five ex-teammates.

“I certainly can’t talk to MK about this run. It would break her little heart.

“I don’t suppose you happen to know who I could talk to…”

That last bit’s in response to Akina just being a deck jockey. If there is something to investigate, Pretti wonders if Akina might introduce her to a friend that might be a better judge of whether there is any foul play or vendetta to investigate.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Pretti Meets Akina Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "I suppose it seems less suspicious if you've watched Urban Brawl. It's not a game for the faint of heart. But if I were to investigate a potential crime, I'd do what police usually do: question actual witnesses. Can't expect to go around asking random people and expect them to know about an incident that they had no involvement with. Might be hard to question the opposing teams without a lot of travel, but the Dragons are based here."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 pm

“Good point… and I’ll wanna meet the new teammates anyway. Thanks!”

Pretti is content to change the subject, and if there’s any good ‘street food,’ she’s happy to treat Akina to a snack. ((That might be more of a Hong Kong term. I was in rural Japan, aside from Sapporo… I think “street food” is still a thing in Japan, and desirable even to those who avoid hot dog carts.

IC, Pretti would chat. OoC, I’m fine RP’ing that, but don’t wanna keep other players waiting.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 pm

Pretti and Akina spend some time eating and chatting, having a good time.

((alrighty, I'll continue the main thread with ya'll training in the morning, sometime tomorrow))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:15 am