Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

2 posters

Sun meets with Shen

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Sun meets with Shen Empty Sun meets with Shen

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Sun makes his way past the mahjong tables to the bathroom where he takes the secret elevator down to the fighting ring. There he finds Shen judging a brawl between what looks to be a long-haired feral elf with metal claws coming out of each hand, and a troll with a sledge hammer. The crowd roars as the two go at it. The sledge hammer looks brutal, but is too slow to hit the elf who ends up slipping behind the troll, climbing up his back and jabbing both cyberclaws into the troll's neck. Blood spurts everywhere and the crowd eats it up as the troll manages to stay standing, despite the heavy loss of blood. He reaches up, grabs the elf by the hair and yanks him down to the ground, stunning the elf just long enough to stomp on his face with a beefy foot. There is a crunch sound as the elf's skull is fractured by the impact. Before the troll can give another stomp, the elf taps out in surrender and the match goes to the troll.

After the match, Shen heads to her office and counts money. Sun meets her there. "Oh, hello again. How can I help you?"
    Sun meets with Shen Npc_humanmale_hub_spidershen
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Sun meets with Shen Empty Re: Sun meets with Shen

Post by RafV Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Sun stares at the ring with wide eyes and an even wider grin. "I can't believe they're both... kinda... sorta... walking away from that! That foot crush alone already being non-fatal is impressive!"
    It takes a moment for him to snap out of it and back to why he came to visit Shen.
    "Oh... Oh yeah, right... Right... Some friends of mine and I are falling in for some folks who got killed during recent Urban Brawl games against the Matsu Butchers, Usagi Rabbits, Yuri Youkai and Uyeda Lasers. I was wondering if you would know anything about it. It's nice if we can all walk out of it the way that elf and troll did, instead of in a body bag, and so I'm trying to figure out what happened, outside of the official reasons. Am I correct in assuming a lady who obviously knows plenty of things, like you, would know anything that could help us?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:53 pm

Shen says, "Well, I can't say that every fighter walks out of the ring, but we have mages and medics around to keep the deaths to a minimum. Get to them quickly and they're usually fine. Usually.

"As for Urban Brawl, sometimes we put it on the trids up in the mah jong parlor, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the matter. What did you want to know specifically?"
    Sun meets with Shen Npc_humanmale_hub_spidershen
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:58 pm

"There have been some suspicious casualties lately."
    Sun shows her the list Setsuko sent, neatly printed out so as to avoid any commlink mishaps.
    "Officially, these are all just accidents. We have no proof to think otherwise, besides the shot at Setsuko's legs being foul play, it being a whole lot more than usual all of a sudden, and the whole thing just stinking. Aside from replacing some of these casualties, we're trying to find out if there's foul play at hand, and if so, by whom and why. Do you know why anyone would try to harm these players? Or if those offending players or teams have anything that can be leveraged against them? We're basically looking for anything at this stage."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:20 pm

Shen says, "I know nothing about the incidents as I do not follow Urban Brawl all that closely. Just what I catch on the trideo here. But I understand a lot of money rides on those games. If some greater conspiracy is behind these incidents and I were to guess the reason why, I would say money is the motivation. It is the simplest and most likely motive."Sun meets with Shen Npc_humanmale_hub_spidershen
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:32 am

Sun strokes his bead. "So we follow the money and we'll find out if it's foul play. I have no idea how to do this, but we'll figure something out for sure. Thanks for the advice!"

Sun enjoys the next fight, has a bit to eat and drink, and then leaves, going to buy some flowers and some chocolate, before reaching Miyako's door. He rings the bell and holds the items he bought behind his back.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Shen gives a wave as Sun leaves the office and she goes back to counting money.

When Sun rings the doorbell, no one answers. His new girlfriend mentioned that she is a busy person with little time to meet people, so she is likely at a wrestling match at this time. Assuming she comes home right after the match, it will still be a couple of hours before she gets home. He could probably wait around if he wanted, or go kill time elsewhere. 
    Sun meets with Shen 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 am

Sun looks for a safe place to put the flowers and chocolate, then goes off to mr. Kamogawa.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm

It's a nice neighborhood, so Sun figures that leaving the flowers by the door will be fine. Mr Kamogawa is easy to reach. When he sees Sun walk in, he says, "Oh, please tell me you don't have another problem. I don't need another headache to deal with." Sun meets with Shen 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Sun bows politely, walks into the office and remains standing til offered a seat.

"Me? Problems, mr. Kamogawa? Noooo, never! I wanted to dig your brain for some financial advice. See, I've got to find out where sports teams money comes from. I haven't got the foggiest on how to do that, but you seem like someone who knows his way around finances. So yeah, that's why I'm here."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Mr Kamogawa says, "Depends on the sport. But generally, sponsors and fans. Fans pay for tickets. Sponsors pay to have their logos slapped on everything. You looking to get a corporate sponsor or something?"Sun meets with Shen 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm

"I'm looking for who may have motivation in having Urban Brawl teams kill members of other teams. I'm guessing that's not gonna be fans with ticket money."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Mr Kamogawa says, "I dunno. Folks bet on the teams. Could be that someone had one hell of a large bet riding on the game. Maybe the players owned money. Maybe it was a combination of both. Ain't a secret that the Yakuza involve themselves with all kinds of gambling and sports betting. It wouldn't surprise me if they worked to rig the results."Sun meets with Shen 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 am

Sun bows, and replies: "Thank you very much, mr. Kamogawa. You've been a wonderful help, as always!"
    He then leaves, going back to Miyako's place.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am

Mr Kamogawa gives a wave, thankful that this was a relatively hassle-free meeting.

With all the walking, it's been a couple of hours since Sun visited Miyako's place. The lights are on and the flowers he left are missing from the doorstep. He rings the doorbell, which thankfully doesn't glitch out on him, and she soon comes to the door, "You the one I have to thank for the flowers?" she asks.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Sun looks down to the floor disappointedly, drawing circles in the ground with the tip of his right foot.
    "There was chocolate as well. I guess someone took those."
    His smile gets back as he looks back up at Miyako.
    "You won another fight today?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Miyako chuckles and says, "Someone sure did take the chocolate. It was me. And how'd you guess I won? Of course I did! Cuz I'm the GREEN MACHINE BABY!!! Come in, come in!"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Sun walks inside as he says: "Just a hunch. Nobody can defeat you, anyways! Tell me all about the match!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Miyako shuts the door and gives Sun a big kiss before saying, "How about we skip the talking and you get out of those clothes and we work on our body language instead? Winning a match always makes me horny. "
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:42 am

Sun happily obliges. Everything goes black while smooth jazz plays.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:01 am

About an hour later, Miyako takes a shower, apparently happy. She eventually comes out in a pink robe with a towel wrapped around her hair. "So do you always bring flowers and chocolate on the second date or are we celebrating something special?" she asks.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:09 am

Sun frowns and tries to act offended. The grin that keeps curling his mouth makes the attempt fail miserably.
    "I just finished a long day training for Urban Brawl, and thought I'd see my girl and bring her a surprise. Isn't that allowed anymore? Can't a guy bring his girl flowers?!" He says, as fake outraged as he can muster. The fake outrage is quickly gone as he hurries to add: "And chocolates! Flowers and chocolates!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Miyako smirks and says, "Ya get lucky one night and suddenly I'm your girl, eh?"

She gives what she probably thinks is a playful punch to the shoulder, but given her strength, it's actually a fairly solid blow. Luckily Sun's tough enough to take it without issue. A lesser man would have a bruise at least, possibly a dislocated shoulder at worst. "Well, thank you for the chocolates and flowers," she says, "They were lovely."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 am

It takes Sun a moment to realize she was joking around. He quickly shrugs it off.
    "You've been doing your wrestling for quite a while now, and are very succesful at it, right? Anyone ever approaches wrestlers like you to deliberately kill or permanently hurt your opponent? Or anyone approached your opponent to try to do that to you?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Miyako laughs and says, "Dude, no. I thought I told you before, it's mostly theater. We rehearse our fights ahead of time and know what's going to happen so we don't hurt each other. It's all about the story. There are no real stakes on the results. No betting or anything so there'd be no reason to get all yakuza trid drama on our shows. Who wins and loses is decided by script and fan popularity. The more popular you are, the more you're scripted to win matches.

"I mean, you see the crazy shit we get up to in a match right? There's no way to do that for real without serious injury. We'd be dying or going to the hospital all the time and soon there'd be no one left to perform. We're a small group as it is. Not like there's a huge line of ladies looking to sign up to wrestling.

"Now if you want to get into sketchy shit, look at sumo wrestling. They fix fights all the time for money. Nothing lethal or anything, but people are paid to take falls. Paying to kill someone would have to be in a sport where killing your opponent is a reasonable outcome. The only sports where it is are usually not of the legal variety."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm