Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
GameMaster
winkingchef
Fuchou 复仇
7 posters

Mission 2b - Special Delivery

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 Empty Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

Post by GameMaster Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 pm

((@Ichigo yep, that's right.

@chougou technically you can, but the accuracy of your gun is a 6 and you already got 6 successes so you would get no further effect from doing it))

Round 1, final pass

Chougou opens up fire on the biker mage. He strikes her in the shoulder, despite her heavy cover. The impact causes her to spin and crumple to the ground, unconscious. ((3S, 2P))

((New round! Initiative from everyone! Torpor is free from his spell, and the three remaining bikers are currently inside the snack truck, out of line of sight. Anyone who wants to attack them will have to approach the truck.))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Torpor shakes his head for a moment as he collects his thoughts,  now his own.  And looks out the front window.

((do i think i could reach the truck with the flash bang grenade?))

11+ (-1 factored in)
    Torpor carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 1 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 pm

((o drek, how does -1 for damage affect initiative? ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:09 pm

((The grenade probably should make it. The truck isn't that far, about 10 meters or so. With a strength of 3, that means it's medium range, so -1 to the throw.
    The wound -1 is just a single -1 to your overall init roll.))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:37 pm

((cool, i thought that's what it was then doubted myself. Pre-edge the str 3 throw for a total of 4 dice is my goal))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:16 pm

((Chougou doesn't even know that he just saved his own life Shocked Shocked Shocked Would he have heard the shot go off on Wujen though?))

Rigged Initiative 4 + 10

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 4 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 3 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:52 am

((Initiative roll))
    10+ RafV carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6

Last edited by RafV on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad syntax on the roll tag)
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 am

My initiative Valacan carried out 2 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2
    +9
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 am

I don't even know how many wound modifiers I have at this point. 4, 5?

Initiative 8+3d6
    WuJen carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:50 pm

(ooc: are we waiting on folks to announce actions again?)
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:54 pm

((I'm waiting for Torpor. I kinda want Sun to crawl into the van, but if he sees Torpor chuck a grenade in it, he's not gonna crawl in there.))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:56 pm

(ooc: Fair enough. Smile )

(ooc: Also, just noticed that Torpor one shot me through 11 boxes of stun and then 3 boxes of physical--equal to another 6 boxes of Stun--  I don't ever, ever, ever want to hear from anyone how overpowered magic is again.  I have no idea how I'd manage 17 total boxes of damage in one spell, but I'm pretty sure the drain would be lethal if I tried)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:05 pm

((I do need actions from everyone, not just initiatives. So far I just have Torpor throwing a flash bang.

@Chougou He uses a silencer, so maybe not. But even if he did, the sound of Torpor shooting isn't immediately suspicious as he is supposed to be shooting at the bad guys anyway and there is no one currently in the van who can see what he is doing other than Wujen and Chougou, who are both unconscious. Luckily it isn't an issue anymore though

@Wujen If you look beneath your name on your post, I've been adjusting your stun/physical damage as we've been going. He currently has a total wound modifier of -5.
    I'ma have to agree with you about magic not being overpowered. Attack spells in particular were really nerfed this edition. Everyone is always like 'geek the mage first', but the mage's fireball isn't going to do as much damage as a grenade or someone with a good gun. They are much more dangerous when they do things like mind control the guy who really deals the nasty damage, but even that damn near knocked out this mage. You don't get knocked out by firing a gun all day.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 pm

((If you want to avoid getting flash banged, you can delay action until after Torpor throws))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:14 pm

(ooc: I didn't pick up on it at first.  Used to be the damage for a spell was it's Force, which then staged up or down with net successes and resistance...  Now?  The best I can expect is 2-3 damage on a maximum force spell.  I may be investing more into Pistols.)

WuJen wonders what is wrong with him, as his mind is suddenly sluggish.  He tries to call another earth elemental, but one less potent than before as he is unsure he is in any shape to try controlling it.

Summoning Force 2 Spirit of Earth
    This dice is not existing.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm

WuJen carried out 7 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 1 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4

WuJen carried out 6 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 1 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6

That's what I get for not previewing.  Summoning and Drain of a force 2 earth elemental
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 pm

((@wujen your intuition is only 3, so your base initiative would be 6 plus the 3d6 minus wound mods. I am not sure why you threw so much into reaction at chargen instead of intuition. Not like you have any skills that use reaction that I can see.

Also if you want higher base damage, use elemental spells. Their damage is force+hits, but the target gets a roll to avoid and then another roll to soak damage, like a normal gun attack instead of the direct spells which only deal damage equal to your hits minus their resistance.))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:28 pm

((Oh! I thought we were waiting for everyone's initiative too! Duh!))

Chougou calls out his Ares Dualist to finish off the mage with stabby rip stab stabs.

Gunnery 5 + Logic 5 + Rigged in 2

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 3 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 3
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 pm

(OOC: Both Pistols (not so important) and stealth (normally very important) use agility. I also didn't want to go for the super genius mage trope... I'm smart, but not necessarily bright... Plus elves are dexterous)
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Sun looks over his shoulder to make sure the coast is clear. Once sure he won't catch bullets with someone else's name on, he'll jump into the van, immediately attacking the first biker he sees.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Ichigo with position himself behind cover with a line of sight to the guys in the van!
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 pm

And he will take a shot at one of the guys that is not too close to sun if possible lol
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Valacan carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 3 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 5 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 6 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 1 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 2 , Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 6 4
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 pm

((@wujen That's all agility, not reaction though. ))

Round 2, phase 1

Chougou sends a humanoid droid that looks something like a modern take on a suit of ancient samurai armor over to the unconscious mage and slits her throat with ease. She quietly bleeds out on the ground.

Torpor tosses a flash bang at the van, but misses the entrance. Instead it bounces off the edge of the door and goes flying a couple of meters to the left. It knocks out a couple of bystanders taking cover on the side of the road.

Sun slips into the van and finds two of the bikers picking through the snacks (some of which have been destroyed by the machine gun fire, while the third is up front struggling with the driver. Now that he is up close, he can see that the two looking at the snacks are human while the one up front is an orc. He leaps forward with his staff and swings at the human who is clearly wounded from previous gunfire. The human doesn't see the attack coming and is clobbered by Sun from behind. He collapses like a sack of potatoes. ((8P))

Ichigo tries to shoot at the second biker next to Sun, but in trying to avoid hitting Sun, the biker manages to duck aside and Ichigo ends up hitting a box of snacks. Cream erupts from the box. The sweet carnage is devastating.  

Wujen easily controls the new spirit of earth. It is significantly less impressive than the others, appearing as a simple rock about the size of a baseball. "Hello. I am Pebbles," says the creature with the voice of a woman with gravel in her throat. "I am not powerful, but I will do what I can to aid you twice." ((No drain))

The ork biker shouts back to the human, "Kick that asshole out, we're getting out of here with the snacks," as a foot long blade erupts from his wrist and impales the driver through the ear, presumably killing him instantly.

The human nods and turns to Sun with a heavy revolver. "You heard him. Get the hell out, asshole," he says before firing a round right in Sun's chest! Luckily his armor absorbs the blast, but it will leave a pretty nasty bruise. ((6S))

Initiatives for next phase and effects
    15 - Chougou
    8 - Torpor (7S)
    6 - Sun (6S)
    6 - Ichigo
    4 - Wujen (11S,6P)
    2 - OrkBiker1 and HumanBiker5
    1 - HumanBiker2 (15P)

Many of the people have managed to clear out of the area by now. There is actually a pretty open area past the delivery truck now as traffic has continued moving at around 30 kph while you all were stalled here.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

"Do we let them go,  or do we finish them off? " Torpor says as he tries to move closer using cover.

Last edited by Torpor on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am