Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
Tetsu
winkingchef
8 posters

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Since it does not need to be functional, Sam makes it with ease. ((no need roll, your skill is high enough that success is inevitable))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by winkingchef Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Sato spends the day with his facial sculpting in place and takes some photographs in various outfits to send to Sam to augment his identity - in a suit drinking coffee at a trendy coffee shop, in a business suit riding an elevator, on his commlink in his limousine, at an avaunt-garde art gallery pondering a thought-provoking piece, etc. He sends them to Sam with some instructions on creating a social background.

After that, Sato waits for evening, puts on his disguise and calls his limo to pick up Tetsu, Nobunaka and him. Pulling up in a Nightsky probably makes a good impression on the bouncers. He slips in his contacts and ear buds so Sam can patch in on comms.

((I am also super motivated to get this plot rolling))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 pm

With your preparations in place, you all head off together to The Back Door. The Kinza district in general is a very upscale area. You aren't bothered much riding along in Sato's limo, but are pretty sure that if you step out with any obvious weaponry, cameras are sure to pick you up and a security detail would soon follow. Thus it is for the best that you leave any weapons you happen to have on you in the car.

Kinza was Mingmei's first Western-style shopping district and it's still where the old money shops. The wide boulevards and narrow lanes of Kinza are lined with high-end boutiques, department stores and exclusive restaurants. The name Kinza is synonymous with old wealth, foreign luxury goods, powerful businessmen and well-heeled ladies who lunch. Many of the original branches of the Desu Island Chain's best-known and most opulent department stores are located here.

Wedged between them, you can find boutiques representing all the major Desian and international luxury brands. And, needless to say, there are plenty of chic restaurants, cafes and bars scattered about to power the wealthy through their shopping sprees.

The club is nestled in a small alley that one wouldn't even notice if they weren't specifically looking for it. An elf bouncer with obvious cyberware guards the door, allowing some in while turning away others. Every time the door opens, the sounds of nerd pop music blare through the opening.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Sam's plan is to stay in the car to provide remote support. But, he does matrix perception to see what's going on here virtually. ((I'm thinking Sam might have to come in the club for this purpose. Find a table in the back or something so he can do matrix things, while letting Sato do meat world things and feeding him tech stuff))
    deck: d8 f6 a5 s4
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 3 1
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 am

Sato leaves all his weapons in the limo - dart pistol, shock glove and spirit knife are all sequestered in the capable hands of his efficient chauffeur.  He encourages his colleagues to do the same.

“Act like my bodyguards - it’s good cover for what you will want to do anyways.”

Sato has the limo pull up within clear sight of the bouncer.  He steps out in full costume and lights a cigarette with a smooth motion to make sure the bouncer gets a good look at the situation before he struts up with his phalanx of bodyguards on either side.

He squares up to the bouncer with a smirk on his face and his cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth.  

“How’s the party tonight chummer?” he asks, like he’s a regular.
    His neon-accented costume flickers to light as he speaks.
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14

Post by McThunder Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 am

Nobunaka steps out and stretches/flexes simultaneously, showing off his massive frame, then moves beside Sato and stands, loosely at the ready with hands crossed, all bodyguard-like.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 am

The bouncer eyes Sato and his "bodyguards" as they approach and says, "Sounds like it is rocking as usual. I don't get to see much of it from out here though. If you are looking to go inside, I'll have to check you all first. No external food, drinks, drugs or weapons allowed. Got any of that stuff and it will have to stay outside."

Meanwhile Sam takes a look at the building's matrix presence. There are some features he can access externally (mostly advertisement for the place), but it seems that he needs a membership to go inside and access the real features. He could hack his way into the system if he wanted, though from what the site says, it seems that he would get a guest password for use while in the club.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am

Sam will leave his gun in the limo and go into the club. If he can get in with the Sato group, he'll do that. Otherwise, he gets in line.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:05 pm

There does not appear to be a line, other than Sato and the others who are currently speaking with the bouncer. Provided there is no contraband on him, Sam has no problem getting in.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Sato spreads his arms wide, conscious of the fact that his skin-tight clothing leaves very little to the imagination.

"Do you think I could hide anything in this?  Feel free to check if you want...."

((he's not hiding anything))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Okay. Sam takes a deep breath to steel himself before entering. And he pulls up Towers of Hanoi in preparation
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Sam and Sato are waved in by the bouncer. The others are eyed by the bouncer waiting to check them. ((trying to bring in anything?))
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pm

(Sorry guys for the absence.  I couldn't check this weekend but I'm back now)

In the van (prior to anyone getting out and walking towards the bouncer) Tetsu says

"I'm not leaving my axe anywhere but by my side.  I haven't checked out what might be waiting inside for us in this place. Could be a set up from the Cowboys to capture us.  I won't make a scene, but if the bouncer doesn't let me in, I'll wait for you all outside"

He walks up to the bouncer, axe brazenly displayed on his waist.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

The bouncer gives Tetsu the look one would rightly give a person approaching with a combat axe obviously in display. Something between incredulity and anticipation for a fight. He says, "No weapons. I don't care if it is a prop. Hand it over or wait outside."
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Testsu nods to the bouncer. Addressing the rest of the crew.

"I'll wait outside. If anything seems wrong let me know and I'll figure out a way to help."

He takes his spot leaning against the wall, watching the others enter the club.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Tetsu waits outside while the bouncer looks at Nobunaka expectantly.

Meanwhile, inside...

Sato and Sam go past the bouncer to an inner vestibule where they are asked to provide a commlink or cyberdeck and, once they do so, the devices are scanned and given permission to access the club for the night. Their pictures are also taken so if any hacking of the club's systems happen, they know who to be blocking at the door. Since the club mostly consists of deckers, they do their best to curtail any mischief.

The person checking them in is a dwarf with 5 obvious datajacks and just about everything from the neck down replaced by metal. He gives Sam and Sato a warning, "Any hacking of club systems will be dealt with harshly. We have IC in there that will rip your brain open and do a little dance inside while roasting marshmallows over the charred remains of your hardware. And if the IC doesn't get you, our staff will. 'but I was just drunk and messing around!' will not be an excuse. Got it?" He then hands back their gear and asks, "Any questions?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Sam shakes his head.
    ((We're not in the club, right? This is kind of like a vestibule between in the club and outside?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:58 pm

(( right))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Inside

As Sam shakes his head, he is waved into the club. The dwarf tells him, "Have a good time."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Sam walks into the club.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Sato smirks at the bouncer and tries to crack wise - "Believe me, I'm the last guy you'd have to worry about - I'm not interested in dealing with recursive bouncers."

On his way in, he messages Sam "How was that? You're gonna have to feed me with a few hacker pickup lines."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:17 pm

((alright, since Tetsu is staying outside, I am going to make some splits in the splits section so I can deal with ya'll separately. Sam and Sato you will be in the "in the club" thread. Tetsu will be in the "outside the club" thread. We'll see where Nobunaka ends up when he gets the chance to post.))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14

Post by McThunder Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 am

Nobunaka steps over to Tetsu and says in a hushed voice "I'll cover inside, keeping an eye out for the other guys"

Nobunaka steps over to the bodyguard, putting his arms wide for the bouncer to see that he's not packing heat or blades. "No problems here, Omae" he says, with a slight grin.

Last edited by McThunder on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:27 pm

The bouncer is satisfied and lets Nobunaka in. The dwarf behind the bouncer scans Nobunaka's commlink and gives him the same speech that he gave Sam and Sato a moment before before letting him into the main club.

((continue on in "Inside the club"))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:16 pm

((continued from the next day, everyone go ahead and refresh 1 point of edge and all of your stun damage if you have any. If you have any physical damage, roll body x 2 and recover a number of boxes equal to your hits))

The next day, Sam gets a hit from the trojan he left in Akane's commlink. It is about 3 in the afternoon and the signal is on a train. It eventually gets off and heads into a Jehovian church. You all meet up a block or so from the church to decide what to do next...

((campaign note: Jehovian is equivalent to Christian in this world. Not exactly the same, but similar. In this country, it is a minority religion that is seen kind of like a joke by locals, partially because it is foreign and all foreign things are a joke, and partially because most locals are not monotheistic since kami are objectively real and require no faith to believe in the existence of.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:49 pm