Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
Tetsu
winkingchef
8 posters

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 pm

((as for the r6 medkit, there isn't a store that would have one at that rating in the immediate area. They are big bulky things like the size of a large tacklebox, so its not something you would carry around with you anyway. Maybe something a medic would keep in the back of their car for emergencies. Anything rating 3 or less is pocket sized and more likely what someone without medical training would have on them.))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Okay... So a lot of rolling on this one.

First, we'll do the heal check. Are we retconning that this happened earlier? Because Sam is otherwise occupied at the moment. He can do the first aid when he jacks out, which should be reasonably soon I think.

First aid:
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5

Next, I'm rolling matrix perception on the email logs to see if they're encrypted
    Deck: D7 F7 A5 S4
    Sam Dekker carried out 10 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4

And then, depending on the result of that matrix perception, Sam will attempt to decrypt. We should use the decrypt roll I made previously for that, I think.

After that, we'll decide how we're pursuing Akane, and whether Sam's time would be better spent sorting through (hopefully) emails and contacts or joining in the pursuit.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Lol... I'm going to spend edge to reroll misses on that matrix perception

Sam Dekker carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm

((we'll retcon that you treated him as you probably would have done it before sending him home if you knew to and I kinda jumped ahead a bit. You got 4 successes, so that means 2 points of healing. Each hit past your first 2 gives you back 1 box))
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:52 pm

(I have an R6 medkit but I guess you're saying it wouldn't be on me? I also have some skill in biotech - so I can maybe help.)

Tetsu looks through the list of contacts. "I can see if my contact at Cowboy can run these names for us and see if he can find anything that looks like it might help"
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14

Post by McThunder Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Nobu takes out his shock gloves.. "I'm all for showing her what these can do."

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 pm

((@Tetsu - you can try contacting him, but Cowboy already gave you a dossier on Rokudenashiko that specifically said they don't know what her real name is, so it is a fair assumption that your contact won't know either))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 am

((it's a BOD+WIL(1 hour) test to recover stun damage - can I assume 16 hours fully heals me of stun damage with 6 dice per roll x16 and 6 boxes of stun to heal?))

Sato messages Sam - "let me know what you find on the commlink.  I'm going in to the meeting to pose as a sex addict to see if I can chat her up a bit to lead her to someplace quiet where Nobunaka can 'convince' her to help us - probably a supply closet."

Sato leaves the car and takes a look at his reflection in the nearest store window.  He spends a few moments cleaning up - putting his hair in place and cleaning off any dirt from his very expensive suit.  He then pulls his necktie jauntily askew, looking like a guy who has just been in a little trouble.  

He strides in to the church, headed for the SA meeting room.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 am

GameMaster wrote:((continued from the next day, everyone go ahead and refresh 1 point of edge and all of your stun damage if you have any. If you have any physical damage, roll body x 2 and recover a number of boxes equal to your hits))

Sam healed you for 2P so you have 0 stun and 3P. Roll body x2 to recover from the night's sleep.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:57 am

((Did I get anything from trying to get her messages?))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:45 am

"I like the way you think, omae", Nobu follows Sato, stopping just outside the entrance to the church.

"Give the signal and I'll show her a good time" he smiles a big toothy grin and chuckles quietly.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:16 am

((yes Sato, your stun is gone. Roll body x 2 for the rest of your physical damage.))

The outside of the church opens to a busy city street with a lot of foot traffic. Nobu quickly judges that to be a poor location for a quiet ambush. He will have to get her alone in the church somehow if he doesn't want witnesses. Presumably Sam can take care of the footage since he is already in the system.

Sato steps into the meeting and the group leader welcomes him in, telling him to take a seat wherever he likes. Then he goes back to leading the discussion. Sato notices that everyone in the room is human. Not a single metahuman among them. A man gives his personal experience about being addicted to Soaplands and how it financially ruined him and cost him his marriage. Afterward a woman speaks about how she was constantly having hookups at bars because she was too busy with her career for a real relationship and she eventually got pregnant, contracted HIV and lost her job. The baby apparently died due to the virus. Others also give their sad stories about how their addictions to sex ruined their lives. The leader eventually looks at Sato and says, "It seems we have a new visitor today. Would you like to share your story?"

Meanwhile Sam has found another data bomb on Akane's private messages. He disarms it successfully and starts going through them. She obviously gets into a lot of shady stuff with about half of the messages being sexts with dozens of people who appear to be both male and female judging by the names and content and the other half being stuff that looks like it is meant to be code designed to appear like innocuous texts. Since there isn't anything obviously flagged as "THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM ROKUDENASHIKO" or anything like that it will take some analysis to narrow them down. He can multitask with that and keeping Nobu out of the church's footage if he wants.

((@Sam - basically you will be doing a live edit, which is complex action, but in VR you will probably have like 2-3 passes, so you can use the other passes to do whatever. You are technically supposed to check every turn, but since we aren't running in combat time atm, you have a super small chance of failure, and the area you are editing is basically empty other than Nobu, just give me one check now and that'll be good until things go a little crazier. The check is Computer + Logic [Data Processing]. Do note that while your overwatch score is unaffected by these checks (since they aren't based on attack or sleaze, and therefore not illegal actions), you will likely be in there doing stuff for long enough for your time in the system to be a factor))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:31 am

((Sam, I was waiting for the GM to tell me 24 hours of rest had occurred, but here's the roll just in case as there's a 1 die difference between 3P and 2P))

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 Embed?X36647101

As Sato walks towards the church, he messages Sam "I need an angle to make contact.  From her commlink, can you identify any kinks or fetishes Akane may have?" ((he hopes to get a reply before his time to speak comes up))

Sato enters the hall, nods respectfully in response to the welcome from the leader and chooses a seat in the back where he can observe Akane from a reasonable distance.  How is she dressed?  Is she speaking to the crowd?

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 Embed?X36649026
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:38 am

((okay, you are down to 1P now))

Sato scans the crowd and doesn't immediately spot Akane. The lighting is different and no one is in obvious fetish clothing. He's also looking at the back of their heads.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Sam sets Jeeves to sort through the messages, sorting out the obvious sex stuff from the stuff that seems like code meant to be innocuous texts. Sam spends his time on the non sex stuff, instead of everything.

Here's the live edit check:
    Sam Dekker carried out 13 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5

((Remind me: how long do I have before the cybercops show up from overwatch? And also, sorry of keep me updated as to how much time has passed for that purpose, please.))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 pm

If Sam noticed anything in particular when he was scanning the messages initially, he tells Sato. Otherwise, I don't think he really has the time to study then in between Sato asking him for the info, and Sato needing the info. He has Jeeves forward the sex messages to Sato, as he sorts them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:56 pm

((you have until your overwatch score gets to 40 before the G.O.D. shows up to wreck your life. your overwatch score goes up every 15 minutes and any time you do an illegal action (which is anything based on sleaze or attack). Checking your overwatch score is based on sleaze, so that too increases your overwatch score. The amount it goes up is 2d6 every 15 minutes you are in the system. And when you do illegal actions it goes up by the number of hits the system gets when resisting you. So the quickest you are going to get nabbed when not doing further illegal actions is about an hour if I roll 12's every time. IC is still going to be looking for you and stuff so you may have to deal with that upping your score.

Sam has been in the system about 10 minutes at this point))

((@Tetsu - What is Tetsu doing? Is he hiding in the church with Nobu? Watching Sam's back while he is unconscious? Something else?))

Jeeves starts forwarding Sato a bunch of sext messages. He takes a look at a handful of them and there does not seem to be a particular kink common among them. One is a pretty vanilla bedroom encounter, another one involves role playing a scene between a teacher and student, another is boy love, another more S&M themed, another is just innocent flirting. She might as well be 10 different people responding.
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier

Post by Tetsu Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

(Ok I think instead of staying with Sam - Tetsu joins Nobu at the church)

Last edited by Tetsu on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Doing Something Different)
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier

Post by Tetsu Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm

"Nobu, let's have a look around the church and see if there's a good place for us to get in there without being noticed"

Rolls for perception

Tetsu carried out 7 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

((alright so here is more or less the layout of the church))

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 5 2015-05-27+StPCB+Plan_sm

((there's like an entrance area (the yellow part), then you go down a short hallway to the classroom which is where the meeting is being held (the left half of the greyish brownish part in the center of the map) There are doors and windows all over the place, but only the main ones are currently open (which are those big double doors on the bottom of the yellow area). While there are people walking along the street outside, Sam can confirm there is no one inside other than the people in that meeting room. He can take care of cameras for you guys so those don't see you.))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 pm

"Sam, can you knock out the cameras so we can get in with no surveillance?"

Nobu then looks to Tetsu, " Wait a minute, we need the decker to make us invisible"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 pm

"Go ahead, guys. I'm monitoring the cameras and I'm editing it live. So, I'll edit you guys out as you move through. Hopefully, no one will notice if there's someone currently monitoring. And there won't be any video of you guys left behind."
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Nobu goes inside the church and scans around before heading to the first door of the support office to the left.

He messages Sato, "In the next room. Waiting for you to walk out with her."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Little angels flutter about the church's host, searching for any intruders. Thus far they have not noticed Sam as he edits the footage to keep both Tetsu and Nobu effectively invisible as far as the security cameras are concerned. He carefully hops from camera to camera as they move. Luckily there isn't anywhere that has more than one camera that can see the pair at any given time as they move in. If they have to run out, editing may get a bit more frantic as Sam may have to edit multiple feeds at once.

The group in the meeting room turns to Sato and waits for his response as he is receiving texts both Jeeves and Nobu. His phone vibrates obnoxiously in the sudden awkward silence.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 am

Sato smiles shyly in embarrassment.  

"Sorry, it's my first time."  

He stands up and smooths his jacket, pretending to be nervous before walking to the podium in the front of the room, subtly paying attention to the AR stream from Sam.  

He grips the podium with both hands and looks around the room silently taking in everyone.  He licks his lips.

"Hello everyone.  My name is Tanaka, and I'm a sex addict..."  

((does he notice Akane in the audience from the podium?))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:59 am