Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Fuchou 复仇
Valacan
6 posters

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 Empty Re: Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm

The hooded figure clenches his fist which briefly glows a pale blue until he unclenches his fist. Simply being near it makes you all feel somewhat ill. He says, "The Justice fears not the demonic summoned minions of Hell. He does however question what combat capabilities his newfound allies possess. Your reluctance to engage in glorious combat as well as your suspiciously doughy physique suggests a lack of fighting prowess. What combat training do the two of you have?" 
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 The Justice
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:32 pm

"I do not have any combat training," Sam says. "I purchased a robot to do that for me."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:37 pm

"You have hit upon the core of why we went looking for help in the first place. Physical combat is not where our talents lie. I am a magician, my friend here is skilled in using the matrix and other technologies. What we lack at this point is physical prowess. "
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm

WuJen sends a message to Sam through his Commlink

>Careful with this guy. I suspect he isn't just eccentric but actually insane. That energy looked like Radiation, which is generally only welded by Toxic practitioners, similar to the Zombies over in Kita. Powerful, and useful because of it, but maybe not too reasonable.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm

The hooded figure pauses and takes a breath which is amplified by his mask, "I see. This does change things. A combat automaton is no substitute for a true warrior of light, but it will have to do. As for you, mage, I trust that you at least have one or two combat spells in your repertoire."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:03 pm

"I do, but they aren't lethal. I took a wand off one of those that held the women in bondage that produces lightning. It's not what you would call subtle. I can also call spirits, but the use of that depends on the enemy magicians skill in sending them away. "
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 pm

"I am attempting to concoct a plan for going straight to the master suite through the rear. However, there is a wall there, that I would have difficulty getting over. The windows are the only point of ingress and egress to the master suite from the exterior. There are no bars on the windows. I suspect they are likely ballistic glass of some sort. Sill, quickly extracting Dr NakaMats appears the best option."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:51 pm

The hooded figure says to Wujen, "It requires little effort to apply lethal force to a sleeping sinner. Surely acquiring a blade between now and then is within your capabilities."

To Sam, he says, "The barriers of man cannot belay the judgement of God. But I question the added trouble of an extraction when clearly this man's death is demanded. Why do you wish the sinner alive? Is there something he possesses that we require?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:03 pm

"No," Sam says. "Killing him would be acceptable. But we still will need to get to him in the master suite. And there will likely be at least one innocent woman in the bedroom. We would prefer to extract the women unharmed."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:28 am

The hooded figure says, "The lambs of God need not fear His fury. It is an added complication, but The Justice shall not allow the blood of the innocent to be spilled. Have ye any protective magics at least, mage? If so, shield the lambs from the wolves that we need not fear for their safety while slaying the demons that enslave them."Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 The Justice
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 pm

"I can place physical barriers, but nothing else directly protective. They provide some cover but do not stand up to explosives or any sort of direct assault by firearms very well. I can confuse them with illusion as well, though the use of that can be pretty situational.

How fast are you? I can improve your reflexes, but it's not a spell that works well with someone already augmented in that area."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:20 pm

The hooded figure says, "I possess the grace of God, should it be necessary. It provides me with the strength and speed to overcome any foe. Unfortunately it does wear down this mortal body once it wears off for it is not meant to endure the touch of the divine."

He retrieves an inhaler from a pouch in his armor and shows it to the two of you. It has been decorated with foreign holy symbols, but it otherwise seems like a typical inhaler for one of many types of combat stimulants.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:38 pm

"Right," Sam says. "You are very capable. And God is great. We have two main options. The Justice could attack the gate to distract attention while we break in the back window. Or we could stick together and attempt to quietly disable guards to get to the main suite. If cause commotion, we will be quickly outnumbered by the guards. And likely by other Yamaguchi living in the surrounding apartments."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:43 am

The hooded figure says, "Either is acceptable to me. This is your divine mission, so I will do whichever plan you prefer. You merely need to inform me which we are doing."Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 The Justice
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 pm

"Then we will enter the bedroom from the rear while you attack the front gate.
    You seem capable of causing a sufficiently large commotion to draw the guards' attention.
    We will carry out the operation tonight.
    We will contact you when we are in position."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:45 pm

With the plan settled, the hooded figure says, "Very well. Glory be to His divine judgement," and wall jumps up the buildings with ease until he vanishes onto the roof, each leap clearly far higher than a normal human being could possibly jump. With him gone, Wujen and Sam then leave to prepare for the evening's break-in and assassination. Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 The Justice
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 SpiritofManF09Back at the community center, Wujen decides to go for broke and summon the most powerful spirit of man he has ever attempted to summon. The energy required to do so wracks him in pain to the point that he is almost killed by it. He manages to power through it and suddenly feels a breeze as sakura petals swirl about the room in a blizzard of pink. When the winds settle down, the petals fall away, revealing a woman dressed in a kimono and bathed in moonlight, despite the summoning room being inside with no visible moon to be bathing said woman. She slowly fans herself with a paper folding fan and says, "You have called forth the goddess Hinoe, mortal. Normally I would slay you for your insolence but something about the energy you have provided for me smells... delicious. I will provide you with a single service, as thanks for this excellent meal."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Going over the plan for the evening's break-in, Sam realizes that they don't have a plan for transportation to and from the compound. Also, they haven't planned out a location for Sam to hole up in while WuJen takes his ghosts and Eula in. Sam doesn't think the Dodge Scoot is going to cut it. Especially if they need to transport another doll or two back with them. He considers renting a car for the purpose, but when he gets back to the community center and back to his room, he notices Kreecher's old commlink on his workbench. Kreecher had a car, right?

Sam picks up Kreecher's commlink and gets to work on breaking into it, figuring out what vehicles or other things Kreecher had linked to it.

He sees that Kreecher had a Ford Americar, and a Suzuki Mirage. Well, Kreecher won't be needing those anymore.

Sam sends a command to the Americar to bring it to the community center. When it arrives, Sam gets to work on transferring the ownership to himself.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:35 pm

The Americar pulls up to the community center, and Sam grabs his toolkit and gets to work transferring the title over to himself.

Knowing that this is a pretty big job, and that he'll be under a time crunch to get it done before the break-in scheduled for tonight, Sam tries to work as quickly as he can.

He pops open the console in the America, and starts stripping back wires.

Sam makes good progress, but it is getting late. Soon the sun is setting, and he has to rely on artificial lighting to continue his work. Nevertheless, after seven hours of diligence, he solders the final circuit back into place, and the car is now transferred to him.

As Sam goes to close the console, he accidentally touches the tip of his cooled soldering iron to the wrong component. Lights flash and alarms blare, for an instant, but Sam quickly turns off the alarm through his commlink, since he is now the owner of the car.

Moment later, Sam's commlink flashes with an incoming call from the police.

"Hello.
    Yes. This is Sam.
    Yes. I noticed the alarm. I turned it off.
    No, I don't know what caused it.
    Yes. I am still in possession of the car.
    Thank you."

Whew. That was close.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Sam manages to secure a vehicle and just barely manages to avoid getting arrested for it. With a spirit in hand and a getaway vehicle secured, it seems all that is left to do is to head down to the the property and get the job done.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:33 pm

WuJen straps himself into the grey mana armor, hating the feeling of his connection to magic being suppressed. The lightning wand with its powerful but rudimentary elemental spell is little comfort.

Still badly injured from summoning Hinoe, his conscience uneasy with the grim necessity of killing the old inventor, he prepares himself for the run as best he can and sets out to meet the others for the raid on the Yakuza safe house.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:24 pm

After hanging up with the Police, Sam checks the time and sees that it is time to get going to the compound for the break-in. He calls Eula to come down to the car, and sends a message to WuJen as well.

Once they are all settled in Sam's new Americar, Sam commands the car to drive them to an inconspicuous location nearby to the compound and park. Sam jacks into cold-sim VR running silently. He messages The Justice:

>>>>>We arrived.
    >>>>>>Getting in position.
    >>>>>>Are you ready?

Sam pulls up the feed from his OpticX, so that he can monitor the guards' movements and let WuJen and Eula know the best time to make their move.

Finally, Sam places a mark on the compound host.
    Hack on the fly:
    Sam Dekker carried out 23 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Sam doesn't see any particularly special time that would be best to go, but figures it's probably worst to go during a shift change as the property briefly has twice as many guards there while one shift arrives and the other one heads home for the day. When Sam messages The Justice, his response is:

>>>>>You need only give the word and The Justice shall rain terror upon these fiends.

Sam manages to mark and enter the host with ease. It isn't the worst host he's ever seen, but it's certainly not state of the art.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Sam looks around in matrix space in the host, looking for hidden icons or anything that wasn't there last time he was in this host.

Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 6 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 3 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 4 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 1 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 5 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2 , Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 15 2
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:46 pm

Finding nothing in the host that he was not expecting to be there, Sam places marks on the two cameras that WuJen and Eula will have to pass on their way to the master suite, and loops the camera feeds so that anyone who happens to be monitoring them will not see anything out of the ordinary.

((First camera: 5 hits to mark, 10 hits to loop (limited to, like, Cool
    Second camera: 7 hits to mark, 7 hits to loop))

After (presumably) successfully looping the cameras they will run into along the way, and determining the best time for WuJen and Eula to sneak their way to the window without running into the patrolling guards, Sam gives WuJen the signal to head out.

He also sends a command to Eula:
    >>>>>>If you lose contact from me, obey verbal commands from WuJen.

He loads the sneaking, targeting, and evasion autosofts on Eula.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:09 am

Approaching from the rear wall, the cameras are easily hacked by Sam. He's good at his job and he's definitely seen stronger matrix security than this. The guards walking the outside perimeter at this point are roughly by the front gate while those walking the interior perimeter must be somewhere on the other side of the rear wall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 am