Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by Deadeye Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:12 pm

Kin turns to Emiko and hands her back her mask, thanking her and then asking for her input on the situation.

"Are you ready to go after them? Also, did anyone see Spider Lady leave the building? Last I saw before the lights went out, she was down and the building went up in flames. Likely, if I didn't kill her, the fire did."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Ghost(Shadowrunner)Ghost says, "She was alive when we left at least. Just unconscious. Can't speak for her continued wellbeing since then. I'm certainly not heading in there to check on her at any rate."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Emiko says to Ghost, "I had no idea there would be a ghoul there. In fact, I really didn't know what to expect. We had an idea this Sako was powerful, but not sure what she'd throw at us." She takes the mask from Kin and adds, "no problem, I hope it was helpful."

"I think we should go after Sako now. I injected her with the Blight and, like Ghost said, she's going to weaker. Blondie though, we don't know what she's capable of; we've got to be careful."

With that, Emiko slides on her shock gloves. "Just in case I lose the taser again. That wasn't embarrassing or anything." She moves towards the front of the building, in the direction of the gunshots.

Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:33 pm

Kin follows Emiko, interested, and apprehensive at the same time, to see what awaits them in the front of the building and what all the shooting is about.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:14 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Ghost(Shadowrunner)The trio make their way around the building to the front they initially entered through and find absolute chaos. Countless spider corpses surround Edison's car, likely victim to the demolished rotodrone laying nearby. The car itself is covered in webs and the windows have been smashed in. There are no signs of movement inside, at least not at an initial glance. Ghost says, "I would stay away from that car if I were you. Burn it and anything inside. Your friend too, if he's still in there. Trust me, you don't want to know why."

There are no immediate obvious signs of the girls, spiders aside. ((Perception checks from everyone. Tracking, as well if you happen to have that))
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:13 am

Never being one to listen to good advice, Emiko astrally perceives Edison.  She has an idea what she'll see, but now needs to know.

Last edited by Emiko on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Kin tries to make sense of everything he's seeing and searches for sign of Edison, though things don't appear to look good for him.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:04 am

Emiko throws caution to the wind and walks up to the death car.

Last edited by Emiko on Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Emiko is unable to assense, or even see Edison from her current position and needs to approach the car to do so. Ignoring Ghost's advice, Emiko approaches the vehicle and finds the interior has been filled with webbing. A human-shaped bundle of webs is twitching back and forth frantically, muffled screams audible inside. The webs themselves making it impossible to see what is going on inside as they glow in the astral plane. Two spiders inside the car appear to have survived what their counterparts outside the car did not. One each leaps at Emiko and Kin as they peek into the car!

((initiatives, actions, also a reaction + intuition(3) roll to see if you're surprised))
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 am

Kin is surprised by the spider lunging at him, but not enough to keep him from acting. While the spider's head is a bit smaller than what he's used to, he still realizes, kill the head, kill the body, so he takes aim at its head and pulls the trigger.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Combat turn 1, pass 1

With reflexes like lightning, Kin puts a bullet into the spider leaping at him, taking it out instantly.

Emiko's reflexes are more like honey as the spider leaps on her face and injects her with its fangs. She feels a pinch, followed by a stinging sensation spreading across her face. ((3S damage))

Ghost, who actually followed his own advice by not getting anywhere near the car, is too slow to react this turn.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm

Kin sees the spider attached to Emiko's face and knows that he needs to remove it the only way he knows how. He shifts to the side and with Emiko in profile, aims at the head of the spider and fires.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am

Meanwhile, Emiko says, "gff fths thpdr rff mmm hhddd!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Kin fires a round ripping the spider off Emiko's face. She's clearly been bitten and the bite is already quite swollen and sore. There are no more immediately visible spiders in the area.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Kin turns to Ghost.

"Emiko got bit. Before we proceed, tell me what you know about these spiders. You mentioned burning the car and leaving. I want to know why."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Emiko says, "maybe I'll get lucky and turn like the spider man from the comics. What's his name?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:02 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Ghost(Shadowrunner)"Well, the fact that there might be more spiders in there is a pretty strong reason why," Ghost replies to Kin, "The other reason... well I don't think is likely given the short time he's been out here so no reason to worry about that. Anyway, the spiders are ghost spiders. They mostly feed on the astral critters like small spirits or aurafeeders, and generally leave people alone unless hassled. But they're clearly under control of the jorogumo. Jorogumo are spider-like shapeshifters who both control and give birth to spiders. The type depends on the jorugumo, but I'd guess the spiders out here are this jorogumo's children. The good news is neither the bite of a ghost spider, nor a jorogumo will turn you into anything. The bad news is both bites are venomous and potentially lethal. You have about an hour before the venom fully kicks in unless you get access to some antivenom. While I have some, I don't have it on me as I wasn't expecting to deal with a ghost spider bite tonight. If we hurry to my place, we can probably administer it in time, but that would mean letting the girls get away. We still have time to catch up to them, if we hurry. Your call on what you want to do."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am

Emiko gingerly touches the swollen spot where she was bit.  She then says, "well, so much for turning into a superhero.  Ok, talk about life altering decision..."

Emiko's mind races with all different scenarios.  "Even though we've only been chasing after Sako for a few days, it seems like it's been almost a year.  I want to see this to the end, one way or another.  There's no time for us to go to your place, we have to act now.  For what she's done to those mages.  For what Takako did to you, Ghost.  For what Gumo has done with her spiders to Edison, let's get those bitches."

[[Emiko rolled a 2 on perception, looking for a trail to follow]]
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:38 pm

"Emiko, this is your call. If you want to proceed, we will."

Kin looks for traces of either Sako, Blondie or the ghouls passage. He also replaces his clip of ammo with his spare clip, thinking if things get ugly, he might need as many bullets as possible.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:38 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Ghost(Shadowrunner)Ghost says, "That venom's bad news, but if you want to prioritize hunting down the girl, it's your life. Not my business."

A quick look around the area reveals traces of blood heading out of the front entrance in two different directions. One heads straight out from the entrance while another makes an immediate turn to the right.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 pm

A voice in Emiko's conscience tells her maybe she should call the Doc Wagon.  She says to the guys, "ok, give me a moment.  Maybe you can figure out which blood trail belongs to which girl?"

Emiko calls the Doc Wagon company and explains that she's in the Barrens and has been bit by a ghost spider.  She asks if they can get to her with medicine.  Meanwhile, she tries to assense the blood on the ground to see if there's any clue to who it belongs to.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am

Kin turns to Ghost, working off of Emiko's suggestion.

"Ghost, with two blood trails, is there any way you can determine which blood belongs to which person?"

After the question, Kin looks carefully to see if he can notice any footprints that might be helpful.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:26 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Ghost(Shadowrunner)As the poison has not spread enough to cause symptoms that would trigger her transponder, Tasukeichi hasn't been dispatched yet. When Emiko calls the service up, the Tasukeichi logo appears in her vision and an operator responds, "You believe you have been bitten by a ghost spider? Yes, we have antivenom on hand, but we do not have units currently patrolling the barrens and none of our patrols carry ghost spider antivenom. It will unfortunately take approximately 45 minutes to an hour to dispatch a team with suitable antivenom to your current location. Alternately we can have the nearest team simply pick you up and transport you to the nearest facility with ghost spider antivenom. The nearest team appears to be 15 minutes from your location, which should have you in an appropriate medical facility within 30 minutes total. We apologize for the delay and will comp the cost of the antivenom for the inconvenience. However you will require hospitalization to ensure your stability after we administer it to you and you will be liable for those fees. How would you like to proceed?"

Ghost says, "I didn't spend time assensing the girls' astral signatures ahead of time to know for sure who is who and assensing isn't exactly my specialty, but assuming the blood is from our girls, we should be able to figure it out from process of elimination. Let's take a look." He then begins examining the blood trails.

((assensing check from Emiko and perception from Kin))
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 38 Tasukeichi
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Emiko's mind goes numb for a moment, the voice on the line just a low murmur. She thinks about her friend Setsuko, "what would she do? I bet she would have her leg blown off and still pull herself to the goal, or whatever it's called. I really should watch a game one of these days." Emiko laughs to herself at that last part because she realizes how impossible that is going to be.

"Umm, that's ok. If you could somehow get the antivenom as close to the barrens as possible, that would be great. I'm in a situation where I can't get out of here just yet. I'll do what I can but I understand the predicament." She awkwardly adds, "thanks and have a nice day, bye," not knowing how to end the conversation.

"Ok, boys, which way did Sako go?" Emiko assenses the blood on the ground and acts like she didn't just start a one hour death clock.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Kin is worried about Emiko. She could have given him up to Sako and her brood, but didn't. Now she's got poison running through her body. He's hopeful that she can get healed in time and determined to get this thing moving. He looks at the blood and any other indications of which way Sako went.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:38 am