Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:26 am

A search of terms pulls up plenty about skeletons, death and the grim reaper. Locally known as shinigami (死神), they are believed to carry the spirits of the recently deceased to the land of the dead. Their name literally means 'death god' and how they are viewed depends on who you talk to. Some see them as monsters who feed on death. Others see them as ambivalent or possibly even helpful beings who serve a vital role in the spiritual universe. Without them it is believed that souls would become trapped between the land of the living and the afterlife, slowly going mad as they are unable to move on. Images of shinigami vary from gaunt, skeletal beings in dark robes, to monstrous winged beings with claws and sharp teeth, to simple humans dressed in formal mourning attire. They are typically invisible to the naked eye, though those capable of astral perception have reported witnessing such beings.

While there are a great number of articles about shinigami, none mention anything about paralysis.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by Deadeye Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Kin calls Iya, as suggested by Emiko.

"Hello, This is Kin Tanaka. We just spoke with you and I forgot to ask if you could provide any of the names and perhaps a brief description of the participants in Iza, ummm, your father's group that performed the rituals."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Iya responds, "I don't really know. There were an ork, a human and a dwarf that would show up at his place, I guess is what you're talking about. The ork looked old. Like ready-to-die old. The dwarf was relatively young and the human I guess was kinda middle aged maybe. I wasn't really paying too much attention to them so I can't really tell you much about them to be honest." Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Yuna Eto
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:53 pm

"Iya, do you remember what color hair the human had?"

Kin makes a mental note to call the precinct after speaking with Iya to check on the progress of the search warrant for the security footage he requested. (He will call once she answers the question and he hangs up.)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:25 am

Iya says, "Sure. Black. But almost everyone's hair is black. You could probably get actual information out of Nanase. I'm sure she knows who they all are better than some creeper who spied them from across the street with binoculars." Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Yuna Eto
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Kin puts a call into the precinct to check on the status of the search warrant for the security footage. His next call is to Nanase Kuba to get as much information as he can on the group of mages that gather at her house for the rituals.

He then recommends to Emiko and Edison that they continue to take looks at the murders scenes, suggesting the next location should be the location of the murder of Isei Takata in the Denkicho District.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm

As it's only been a few hours since the request has been made, Kin is told it will still take a couple of days to acquire the warrant and subsequent footage. When he asks Nanase about her father's friends, she looks up their names in her father's address book and provides names and addresses for each of them. Their names are Matsuo Watanabe (dwarf), Kenshin Dokite (human) and Shachi Doumeki (ork).
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Kin relays the information to Emiko, telling her that the group included two people that were also murdered, she immediately realizes the importance of finding the ork.  "This Shachi Doumeki, he may be the next victim! We have to talk to him and warn him."

Before she says another word, Emiko quickly jumps on a computer and searches all Shachi Doumekis that are orks and are really old to find his commlink information.

Computers: 7 hits

Last edited by Emiko on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi DoumekiGiven that she has both the name and the address of the ork in question before she even gets started, Emiko has little trouble looking Shachi up as there is only one ork named Shachi living at that specific address. According to his address, he lives somewhere in Majoukoya.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Emiko calls Shachi Doumeki's commlink.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi DoumekiA crochety old ork appears on the display, "Hello? Who's this? Whaddya want?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:41 am

Emiko angles her commlink so all three are in vision. "Hello Mr. Doumeki, I am Emiko, this is Kin and Edison."

Emiko pauses for a moment to brace for her next part of her message.

"Mr. Doumeki, I apologize in advance for this call and, I don't know if you are aware, but your group of Izo Kuba, Matsuo Watanabe, and Kenshin Dokite have all been murdered and we have reason to believe you will be targeted next."

Emiko continues, "Sir, there are more deaths and the killer is someone with serious power. We want to meet with you, somewhere very public, and as soon as possible. Time is of the essence."

Negotiation: 6 hits
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi Doumeki"So THAT's where they run off to. Was beginnin' ta think they didn't want to hang around an old man like myself. Guess I was right about them ghosting me, just not the right kind. Alright fine. There's a magic shop in Majoukoya called, 'Good Manas'. I'll meet you there in an hour."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Kin prepares for the meeting with the orc by stopping by the Community Center to grab his predator, which he deposits in his holster and his Raiden, which he hides in the concealed storage space of his car. With Emiko in the passenger seat, they head over to pick up whatever gear she needs and then proceed to Good Manas to meet with the orc.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 pm

The magic shop, much like most of the Majoukoya disitrict, is a dark and spooky old looking building that you'd almost think was abandoned were it not for the fact that you can see lights and living people through the window. The old man Emiko spoke to on the phone is inside, speaking with a pair of ork girls, one of whom is dressed in colorful Lolita style clothing.

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi%20DoumekiMission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Homura DoumekiMission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Madouka Doumeki
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Stun Track: 5/11

Post by Edison Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 pm

On the way over to the magic shop Edison stops at a pharmacy to grab some earplugs for himself and the others. "A terrible scream" followed by paralysis was the harbinger of the killer. Perhaps we could provide a bit more of a fight than the others when the time comes to confront this... Skeleton? What a bizarre city. Edison ponders over who could possibly be behind this?

3 hits knowledge check
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Edison knows that Majoukoya is known for it's high concentration of magic users who call themselves "witches", which is actually how the area got it's name as Majoukoya literally means "witch's hut". While they have a reputation for various types of dark magic, this is mostly just an image that the locals maintain to scare tourists and sell magical goods both genuine and not. It also tends to keep the wrong sorts out of the area as most people are afraid of being cursed by a witch when they visit. As far as Edison knows, there is no truth to that, but it never hurts to avoid pissing off a mage.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Back home, Emiko quickly changes into clean clothing and freshens up the best she can with the limited time she has.  She holsters her taser, pockets her gloves, and grabs her beloved deck.  "Did you miss me as much as I missed you," she thinks to herself as she gives gives the deck a quick hug and places it in her carrying case.

On the way to the meeting, Emiko takes the opportunity to get to know Kin better.  She asks him questions about his favorite foods, things to do when not doing jobs, and other non-current project related topics.

At the magic shop, Emiko enters and looks for Shachi.  She sees the two other orks and thinks about the one with the bright colors.  She thinks, "Could that be the girl Kitaro went on a date with?"

She bows deeply and says, "Mr. Doumeki, thank you for meeting us."  While looking at the ladies, she says, "hello, I am Emiko.  It is a pleasure to meet you."  Back to the old ork, she asks, "would you like to speak in private or would you prefer we talk openly?"[/b]
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Stun Track: 5/11

Post by Edison Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Edison enters the magic store and passes along the earplugs for the others. Nodding and introducing himself and Little Brother to the elder orc.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi%20DoumekiAs Emiko considers the brightly colored ork, she realizes she is in fact the girl that Kitaro was seeing. Shachi glances at the girls and says, "Can't imagine there's anything you're about to say to me that can't be said in front of my granddaughters."

Gesturing to the more subdued looking ork, he says, "Little Madouka here's quite the responsible little one. You know I ran this store for over 40 years before retiring and she was the only one I could think of to run the place after me. She's been doing an excellent job, I tell you that!"

Madouka blushes and says, "You flatter me, grandfather. But I could have done none of this had you not raised us and provided the opportunity to follow in your footsteps."

Shachi gushes, "And she's so humble at that! Nothing like her sister Homura, that's for sure."
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Madouka%20Doumeki
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Emiko, not wanting to get involved with a family matter, tries to bring focus to why she is here.  "Very well, it's probably for the best I share everything in the open."  She assenses the three orks and looks around for any exotic pets.

Emiko palms the earplugs and hopes, if it's necessary to plug her ears, she'll have the reaction time to use them.  Unfortunately, she needs to leave them out so she can speak and hear herself.  

"A few weeks ago, a girl our age" Emiko looks to Madouka to accentuate the point, "was murdered.  Without going into the gory details her throat was cut and her blood was drained.  Then, two days later, your associate, Matsuo Watabe, was murdered. He too had his throat slit and blood drained.  Three days passed and another person from the group you perform rituals had the same experience, his throat slit and blood drained."

Emiko looks at each of the orks before continuing.  "Who ever is doing this does not discriminate.  They don't care if you're an ork, a dwarf, a human.. they don't care if you're male, female, young, old... they don't care if you're rich or poor.  What they seem to care about is that you're a hermetic mage."

"This is the part I hope you take seriously... there is never sign of forced entry.  The killer enters the room.  Kills with little to no resistance, drains the blood, and leaves without a trace."

Emiko intentionally leaves out the important detail about the pets to see how Shachi reacts to this.  While she does not think he is the killer, she has not ruled out that possibility.

"Sir, we asked to meet you because we feel your life may be in danger.  I'm glad you have surrounded yourself with your granddaughters, but, for your safety, we would like you to know what is going on so you can be prepared.  Also, if there is something about this case you can help us with, it would be greatly appreciated."

Before Emiko continues the conversation, she is assensing to gauge everyone's reaction.

Assensing: 4 hits
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Kin feels a shiver on the back of his neck. Maybe it's nothing, but he's learned to trust these instincts. He reaches into his pocket, pulls out the earplugs and places them into his ears as inconspicuously as possible. He'll let Emiko take the lead on the questioning.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi%20DoumekiEmiko notices no pets of any kind in the immediate area. Homura does not appear to have any magical talent, but the other two orks do. Shachi's abilities appear to be particularly strong. The three all seem to be surprised by the news.

Shachi says, "I see. I am sorry to waste your time, but I don't know anything about the killings or who might be doing them. This is the first I'm hearing of them. I didn't even know my friends were dead until you told me. I appreciate the heads up at least. I'll have to go visit their families and give my condolences. Maybe work on getting some better security around this place."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Emiko bows her head slightly and says, "If you did not know about the deaths then I am truly sorry for being the harbinger of such bad news."

She makes a move to turn around, as if she was about to leave, and turns back to Shachi. Emiko places her right pointer finger to her lower lip and makes a face as if she's in deep thought. "Mr Shachi," she starts and then pauses, "do you have a pet by any chance? Your friends, for example, each housed a pretty exotic creature each."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 20 Shachi%20DoumekiShachi says, "Nah. I ain't never had time for no pets. Too busy running the store. I suppose I could get one now that I'm retired, but the damned thing would end up outliving me and THEN what would it do?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 am