Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
mrinprophet
6 posters

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by WuJen Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 am

WuJen thanks the guys helping him, and lays back to rest until some of the pain from his bruises and burns abates.

He tells the gangers "Give me time to rest up a bit, and Little Dragon and I can help out with some healing magic. Same goes for the Cobras, if I could trouble some of you to bring them together and make sure they are secure. After I finish up with you guys I'll see what I can do for them. Gonna be an hour or two before I can start though, we got that kind of time?"
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 am

Kin wraps the tracker in the bandage and puts it in his pocket. Hoping that this is the answer for the turrets, he walks from the trash heap to the kitchen area, in full view of one of the turrets, cautiously bracing for what might come and ready to dive out of the way if it does.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:55 am

Sun takes King Cobra to where everyone is gathering, puts him down and searches him, emptying all his pockets and checking for hidden weapons or anything, the way he usually does during his bodyguard jobs.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Nm2yQ5GAs no one is about to stop them, the three remaining Black Cobras hop on their bikes and ride off into the night, though where to is unclear now that their home has been taken.

Wujen
    "The place is ours as far as I can tell", the Jingai who patched up Wujen says, "There's still some turrets in operation and there might be some people or traps hiding about, but we don't have anyone shooting at us and it's not like the cops are gonna bother coming out here. Ain't worth the trouble.

"You sure about patching up these Cobras though? We can keep em alive, but a lot of them need a hospital and some expensive limb replacement that they probably don't have the nuyen, or the SIN, to be paying with. Besides that, they'd have nowhere to go afterwards and they might not be exactly grateful to be patched up after we just about murdered them and stole their homes. Seems a whole lot less trouble to just put them down."

Kin
    Kin stands out in the line of fire of one of the turrets which quickly takes aim at him. He braces himself, but the shot never comes. Seems like the tracker works.

Sun

Other than the blades built into his arms, the only weapons Sun can find on King are a frag grenade and an uzi. He's also got an RCC stowed in an oversized pocket as well as 3 drug inhalers. It goes without question that he has cyberwear, with at least some mods obvious such as the datajack and blade. Sun also notes that King has some synthetic gills.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm

"I'm sure. I hadn't wanted this, unavoidable as it seems. I don't care that they were robbing trucks, but I couldn't stand by while they murdered the drivers and anyone else in their way. I watched that bastard kill a man who was helpless, and from that day forward the Cobras were on borrowed time. I had truly hoped I could talk to them, maybe get them to change leadership. I know how that sounds."

WuJen sighs tiredly.

"Its hard out here. I won't believe they are all evil, canabalistic murderers. I'll bet most were looking to survive, and simply following a strong leader."

"I'm not a murderer. I won't kill these men, or have them die if I can prevent it. I can't regrow limbs, and I am sure a few are beyond my capability. They can hate me for it, but I won't do it for them, I do it for me. Once we are seen to I'll see to them as well. If they don't like living they have other options, and that's beyond my control... but they get a chance to find another way."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Kin breaths a sigh of relief knowing that he can traverse the camp without fear of the turrets attacking him. His goal is to locate, round up, and settle down the collection of urchins throughout the camp.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Nm2yQ5G
    Wujen
    "Whatever man. If you wanna be the one to take care of them, then that's on you, I guess,", the Jingai says, "We don't have any real beef with them, so we don't care what happens to them so long as we don't have to be the ones dealing with them after."

Kin
    While it takes some time to search everywhere in the camp to be sure, the only kids Kin can find are the ones in King's place. About a half dozen of them or so, of varying ages. They aren't particularly friendly to Kin, but they are also not about to give trouble to the guy with the gun when it's been clearly demonstrated that he (or at least his associates) are not afraid to use lethal force.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Sun quickly takes all possessions off of King Cobra, handing them to Mushiba for safekeeping.

"You guys can flap lips in long speeches all you want. Enjoy that! I'm gonna check a basement out. Seeya in a bit!"
    With that, Sun makes his way back to King Cobra's bedroom, being careful to stay out of sight of the turrets.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Hatchcopy.png0EDF91B4-4BC3-4188-93A3-CD5005E75770OriginalSun
    Sun, super eager to see what's in the basement, punches through the locked steel hatch blocking his way. It takes a couple of punches to make a hole big enough to get through, but once the thing is ripped open like a tin can, he finds murky water, filled with silt, making it impossible to see below the surface. It looks like there is a chamber or tunnel down there, but it's been completely flooded, likely from the typhoon a few weeks back, or perhaps earlier.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Kin collects the ragamuffins and marches them into the kitchen, collecting one of Mushiba's men to come with him.

"Have a seat and listen up. We're not here to hurt you, if you behave.
    If you don't stay still and quiet, my friend here is going to punch you.
    If that doesn't work, I'm going to shoot you.
    Are we clear? If you're hungry or thirsty, I will try to find something for you. In the meantime, I'm going to have a look around."

Kin starts going through the cupboards and cabinets for anything useful.

Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Looking for a solution, Sun considers taking fire from the bonfire outside and heating the water up enough to evaporate it. After his giggling about the basement letting off some steam dies out, he thinks it would not be such a great idea after all. It would turn Sun into Steamed Bun.

Being at the end of his already limited wits, he decides to just dive in and have a look around.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Kin
    Kin finds a pantry with assorted foods, primarily of the cheap, junk variety. Chips, snack cakes, popcorn, etc. There is also a walkin freezer full of frozen meals, primarily pizza. There is no fresh food or groceries at all. Just stuff that you either pull out of a package and eat, or microwave briefly before eating. It doesn't look like anyone here does any actual cooking. Despite the constant rumors to the contrary, there is no evidence of cannibalism either. No meat, blood, bones, etc. At least none that weren't a direct result of the combat that just ended anyway.

Sun
    Sun dives into the murky water. Between the silt and gods knows what else in the water, Sun is forced to close his eyes and feel his way around. He finds himself in what feels like a man-made tunnel that goes in two directions. He picks one of the two random directions and starts swimming, somewhat afraid of bumping his face on the way. Luckily that never happens, but after a while, he doesn't really feel an end in sight, so to speak. Of course, since he can't see, he could be hitting the end of the tunnel at any moment and not know it. It is equally possible that this tunnel goes far further than he is able to swim. The question is how far does he care to look.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Sun swims back, looking around for anything that could help him see underwater, or anything that he can use to smack some sort of goggles or such together.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Kin throws a couple of pizzas in the microwave, hands out a few bags of chips and tries to find something for the children to drink. Once he's satisfied that they have something to keep them busy, he leaves them in his associate's capable hands and walks over to search as many bikers as he can for anything of value before heading to King Cobra's building to search it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Kin
    The bikers are torn up, with not much in the way of useful gear to take. Each one has a battered, rusty gun of various types. They are functional and some even have ammo left, but one can guess they aren't as accurate as they once were, which is probably a reason why there are so many of you still alive despite being outnumbered and outgunned.

Sun
    When Sun returns, he finds nothing obviously useful as far as seeing or breathing underwater would be concerned. He remembers that King had gills, so he likely just used those to traverse the tunnel. Not particularly helpful to Sun though. As he is looking around for a way through the water, the others see him walking around, soaking wet.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm

As Kin approaches King Cobra's housing to have a look around, he notices Sun dripping wet. He thinks about making a comment about letting off some steam, but decides to focus on anything of value in the lair of their opponent.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Kin
    A search of the residence reveals board games, rpg books and little else of value. The buildings themselves have been cobbled together with scrap, and most of the stuff that anyone in the camp has has either been scavenged or put together with scavenged parts. The garage is filled with motorcycles that function and are rigger ready with weapons mounted, but even these are put together with scrap. An overall evaluation of the camp is that it is full of stuff that is technically useful, but economically worthless.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:09 am

Kin looks around. Things seem to have wound down. He goes to see what aid he can provide to the injured and then finds a place to rest for a bit. There's a feeling of satisfaction that he could enjoy if he didn't hurt so much. Thanks to the uzi fire, his chest feels bruised and battered. Every breath hurts.

He checks in on WuJen and Cannis before finally locating a quiet spot to rest his eyes.

He relaxes, waiting for everyone else to wrap up whatever they're doing.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am

WuJen rests for two hours, waking mostly clear headed though still seriously injured. Healing first himself and then the rest of the injured gangers he leaves most everyone at least well on the road to recovery, if not fully ambulatory.

Once he finishes with that he attempts to summon a Spirit of Water to investigate the flooded tunnels, but something goes horribly wrong and he ends up with an almost crippling headache and no spirit for his effort. This ends his curiosity about the tunnel for the moment.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 am

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 Maleorc02After resting up, Wujen's manages to get about a dozen or so of the Cobras back from the brink of death. He then strains to summon a water spirit and figures that the negative background count from the battle that just took place likely is interfering with his ability to summon. The massive headache he now has warns him against trying again until the negativity can clear.

King has also managed to rest off his injuries and is on his feet again. Luckily Sun had remembered to tie King up with some old rope he found around the camp before that happened. Unluckily, King Cobra is a beefy bastard with knives built into his arms so when he awakens, the ropes manage to keep him restrained for all of about 3 seconds before he bursts out of them like they were made of cotton candy. He pats down his pockets and realizes his belongings have been taken taken. He charges, blades out, ready to go for another round of fighting with Sun when the beefy hand of Mushiba comes down on him like a ton of bricks. By the way King crumples like a rag doll, you almost wonder if the force being exerted literally IS a ton. Mushiba checks King's pulse and says, "Still alive. But you should probably turn him in soon if you don't want to have him cut your throats in your sleep."
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 308jteh
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:25 am

Sun figures the basement isn't going anywhere. The team can go hand over King Cobra and then come back with proper tools to handle the basement. He hands his commlink over to the nearest person, asking them to take a picture of the freshly molested King Cobra and send it over to the journalist. He also asks to call said journalist, so he can relate the story while on their way back, making sure not to mention anything incriminating or anything that would identify anyone besides King Cobra.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Having rested up, Kin feels better and goes in search of Sun. All he has to do is follow the wet footprints until he locates the diminutive ally, who is still obsessed with finding out what is below this encampment.

"Hey, Sun. Let's get King Cobra turned in and collect our payday before something else goes wrong. We can always come back and figure out how to get into the basement."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Sun hands Kin his commlink. "Right you are. Can you snap a pic of King Cobra? I kinda promised a reporter a report before the cops even know."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Kin shrugs, agrees, and gets a nice photo of King Cobra snarling at him.

"Let's get Big and Ugly where he needs to be."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:21 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 317dtexKin takes the picture and send it to Michiko. She doesn't recognize the commcode, but after some explanation she figures out it was meant to be sent by Sun.

>>>>> Thanks for the pic. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it though.
    >>>>> I'm kind of in between jobs at the moment.
    >>>>> Don't suppose you'd know anyone willing to be an investor in an underground pirate news network?

You leave the Black Cobra compound, entrusting the wounded enemies to Mushiba's discretion. As he has no particular hatred for them, he offers to take care of anyone who is willing to call a truce and join the Jingai. Anyone who refuses is free to take a bike and leave as soon as they are able to.

With a bounty to cash in, you've got better things to do than to stick around and see how that all goes. Upon approaching the Cowboy HQ building, you notice there has been a fire or explosion or something on one of the upper floors. When you enter to turn in King, it's obvious that the staff is on high alert. It takes some extra hoops to talk to who you need to talk to, but you eventually get to give your report that not only have you taken down King Cobra, but basically wiped out his entire gang as well. The police are pleased with this and double the bounty, providing 100,000 nuyen to each of you.

In addition, they offer to test you for a bounty hunter's license. It would cost only 1,000 nuyen to take, as well as a background check. But if you pass, it would allow you to legally carry around any gear needed for bounty hunting, including weaponry. You leave the HQ significantly richer and feeling pretty confident in yourselves. Sun in particular regains his lost confidence and feels like he can take on the world, or at least has the potential to train to that level someday.
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 14 1*g7japL8pVuSc7mACnlly2g

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:29 am