Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
mrinprophet
6 posters

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 Doctor-top01"I recommend to avoid injuring yourself so extensively in the future. If you desire, we can enroll you in a Tasukeichi emergency plan. We have several levels of service but all of them include emergency evacuation in the event of personal injury. Quick care is key to avoiding expensive surgery afterward. Take some time to think about it and get back to us. In the mean time, I need to prepare a room for your surgery. We should be able to have you stable by the end of the day and you should be completely on your feet within about three days."

The doctor then leaves behind some information about the plans he was talking about and leaves the room to get ready.

PlanRFID/Wristband provided?Resucitation serviceHTR ServiceEmployee Death FeeExtended CareYearly CostMonthly Cost
    BasicYes¥5,000¥5,000¥20,000 per death¥500-¥1,000 per day¥5,000¥417
    GoldYes1 free per year¥2,500¥20,000 per death¥450-¥900 per day¥25,000¥2,084
    PlatinumYes4 free per yearFree¥20,000 per death¥250-¥500 per day¥50,000¥4,167
    Super PlatinumYes5 free per yearFreeFree¥250-¥500 per day¥100,000¥8,334
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by RafV Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Sun answers WuJen's question with a moan, followed by: "Mommy, I have a booboo..."
    His fever is starting to run rather high now, as he's laying down, floating between consciousness and passing out, the fight and the damage having worn him down completely.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm

"I'm looking for one now, I'll get back when I land."

WuJen looks on the matrix for another Love Hotel in a better area to ensure the Cobras don't find them quickly, if at all. Once they arrive he messages Kin the location before having Earth settle Sun into the bed.

Afterwards he does his best to patch Sun up and heal his wounds before settling himself down to sleep, leaving the Spirits to watch for trouble with instructions for Little Dragon to wake them should any trouble arrive.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Kin gets the message from WuJen, enters the location on his GridGuide, and drives to the new location.

Once there, he drives his WestWind down the street to a pay parking lot , walks back to the hotel, finds and enters a room on the ground floor, stashes his Predator under the pillow next to him on the bed and stretches out to fall asleep.

Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 222--813be28ef663a6ec7fea928ec1637773It does not take Wujen long at all to find another love hotel. They are everywhere to be found. He manages to find one with a large Santa statue out front called "Hotel Chapel Christmas". It is not Christmas time. In fact, the country doesn't celebrate Christmas as that is a foreign holiday. Yet the Santa statue is there. It is likely there the entire year round with nothing to do about Christmas and everything to do with catching the attention of those who drive by.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:50 pm

In the days following, while Sun and Cannis heal up, WuJen spends much of his time in the Astral Plane, watching the activity at the Cobra compound.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:15 pm

A good night's sleep is all Kin needs to feel completely refreshed. He realizes he's a little luckier than Sun and a lot luckier than Cannis. He also realizes he needs more ammo and anything else he can get his hands on to defeat the bikers. They also need a solid plan. First things first.

He puts a call into Buki. in an effort to update his situation. He needs to meet again with his contact and stock up.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 Npc_humanmale_is0beltrust_securitycaptainKin

Buki says, "Already used up all that ammo I gave you? I told you the Raiden burns through it quickly. Full auto is fun, but it gets pricey really fast. Alright, I'll have some ammo delivered to you. 230 nuyen and you'll have 100 rounds wherever you want me to send them. Try to be a bit more conservative with your firing though, alright? I don't have an infinite supply."
    Wujen

An examination of the base on the astral plane shows it is considerably less populated than it initially was. Not surprising with nearly half of their people presumably dead or in Cowboy custody. The general feel of people on the base is anger, but Wujen keeps his distance as he notices a fire spirit currently patrolling the astral plane. No one is currently manning the walls, but presumably the auto turrets provide ample protection, if needed. He spends as long as he dares remain on the astral plane watching over the base, but they don't seem to send out any more groups. What activity Wujen can make it makes it seem like they are circling the wagons, as it were, preparing themselves for an attack.
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 6730e56f963fb95dd03dac1b7def8a65
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 De416e1bcf847b6ac6bfe893a0f90e04Sun

Sun spends a couple of days in bed and luckily there are no attacks in that time. Without anything to track him down, the Black Cobras don't really have a place to strike. Despite his injuries, he recovers quickly and is soon on his feet, as good as new. It seems the injury wasn't as bad as it initially appeared to be.  
    Cannis

Cannis quickly goes into surgery and when he wakes up, three days have gone by since his injury and he feels as good as new. Better in fact. His skin has been toughened to withstand injury, and his heart is stronger than ever before, filling him with energy. He feels like a brand new man. A brand new man with a brand new debt. He leaves the hospital with a bill for 130,000 nuyen, some brochures for emergency medical rescue insurance, and no ride...
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 F806e7ec2a6acb4453a4114a134bf29b
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Kin thanks Buki and provides him the address they're staying at. With a little time on his hands, he goes outside and walks to his car. Once there, he opens the passenger door, looking around to make sure the coast is clear. He needs to reload his clip, but would have a tough time explaining a rifle hanging off his shoulder. A clip he can carry in his pocket. He presses a button, ejects the clip, pops it into a pocket and makes his way back to the hotel.

Now, the hard part. They needed to devise a plan that didn't include walking up to the Black Cobra camp and fighting toe-to-toe.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Sun, being bedridden the past days, had plenty of time to think. The gang is probably bunkering down, bolstering their defenses. Taking them on at their current strength, at their base, would likely end worse than the last confrontation did. He also wonders how to spread the focus of their fire a bit more.

It then hits him!

He grabs his cellphone. It falls onto the bed, but he manages to grab it again. After a good twenty minutes, he gets the thing to call Mushiba.

Last edited by RafV on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a typo)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jtehSun

It takes a few tries to get through to Mushiba. He reaches a few random private citizens, a sex hotline, a dentist, and a handful of disconnected numbers before he finally gets through to Mushiba. It doesn't make sense since the information is just in his commlink and it should be literally impossible to dial the wrong commcode, but somehow he manages. Luckily he is used to this and eventually gets Mushiba on the line. "Hey, how's it going with Cricket?" he asks, "You putting him to work? He ain't causing any trouble, is he?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 am

"He's doing lots of general tasks, really helping out our community center. We're glad to have him on our team. Say, what I'm calling for, did you hear about what happened to the Cobras?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jtehSun

"Good, good. Keep him busy. Some work'll do that boy good. Anyway, nah," Mushiba says as he shakes his head, "We don't clash with them much since our turf and activities are different. You're talking about the crazy cannibal biker gang, right? What happened with them? They ain't eating none of your people is they?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 pm

"Don't worry, we're fine. I would like to discuss them with you and the others face to face, if you don't mind. Can you meet up at the community center?"

((Assuming he does and the community center is available, Sun then goes on to let the rest of the crew know to meet up there.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jteh"Yeah sure. I ain't got nothing else to do today, be there this afternoon," he says before hanging up. Sure enough, that afternoon, he shows up by himself. He ducks as he walks in the door and bumps his head on the ceiling with a grumble. "Yo! I'm here!" he shouts out in the lobby, startling a couple of the people hanging out there.

---

During the morning, there is a knock on the door where Kin's staying and by the time he opens it, there's no one around but a package that turns out to be filled with ammo. This must be his delivery...
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:58 am

Sun walks to the lobby.

"Hey Here, I'm Sun!"

He chuckles at his joke, and leads Mushiba to the room the previous meeting took place. He offers the troll a drink, then goes to fetch Kin, Cannis and WuJen.

Once everyone's arrived, Sun pulls out the same tourist map and a handful of paperclips, which he bent into vague shapes of men and motorcycles.

"I don't know if you've heard about several members of the Cobras disappearing. We attacked a raiding party of them here..."
    Sun places some paperclips on the road where the chase fight took place.

"After we took them down, we wanted to interrogate one of them to gain more information. What information we wanted to get, beyond what we already knew, I don't know, but information is always useful, so why not. They tracked us down to the place here..."

Sun places some more paperclips on the map, where the now shot-up love hotel is.

"They attacked us there, and we beat them."

After a short description of how the fight went down and the gangers involved in it, he continues:

"Roughly half the Cobras have been taken out now, but the other half will be on alert and thus more dangerous to attack. Considering how the last fight went, we'll need a proper plan, and extra menpower."

He looks at Mushiba.

"I was thinking of doing a combined attack this time, your people and us together against the remaining Cobras. To avoid the whole thing ending in a shooting gallery, we'd have to lure them out of their base, into narrow passageways, where we can pick them off one or two at a time. Problem is, we don't know of any such place. We were wondering if you know such a place, and if you'd be willing to help out."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:01 am

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jteh"We hadn't heard about the Cobras," Mushiba says, "We've been nursing our wounds after a rumble with the Ninseis the other day. Seems they got their hands on some new guns lately and decided to test them out on us. We still owe you and your people a favor, so if you need us, we're there. We don't have guns though, just muscle. There's plenty of tight places to ambush a bunch of bikers around here. Problem is how do you plan on getting them here? From what I hear, they hole up somewhere on the other side of the city and tend to stick to highways and other streets where bikes have an easy time getting in and out of when they aren't at their base. Also there's a fairly good chance the Ninseis may show up if they get word that a large number of my people are on the move. They've been really out for blood since getting their new guns. Could turn into a three way battle. Four if the Zombies show up for a meal, which they often do when there's a big rumble."

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

WuJen says "Let me ask, if you had to pick a fight with them, how would you go about it?

I realize I can't save everyone, which is why I'm not involved in gang wars nightly, but the King murdered an innocent man right in front of me over some snack cakes. I'm not leaving someone like that in the street, much less leading a gang to do more of the same.

I am not really worried if a Corp looses a shipment to support his people eating something other than eachother, I understand living outside society. Do you know if there is someone more... responsible?... in their leadership structure that we could clear the way for?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jtehMushiba thinks for a bit and says, "Well first of all I wouldn't pick a fight with them since we pretty much never run into each other. Got no real reason to fight. I don't really know much about them other than the scuttlebutt on the streets. They're riggers with guns who mostly attack food shipments. Lots of rumors of them being cannibals too. Beyond that, they're supposedly holed up somewhere in the south.

"Now normally if you're looking to pick a fight with a gang, you try and weaken them by hitting places in their turf that aren't so well protected, then slowly move in and take their turf. The Black Cobras don't really have turf though. Just their base. So I guess step one would be to find their base. After that, it all depends on what kind of defenses they have. I'd probably find a way to sneak in some explosives if we could manage it and see if we couldn't put a nice hole in the building, or even bring it down on them. Some of our people are really good at sneaking into places. Maybe cut some throats while they sleep as an example. If we can get a good foothold before they know what's going on, we can just storm the place and wipe them out. Otherwise, regroup and try again another time.

"Ideally though, if we expect to actually be hitting them, we need weapons and training in using them. Maybe some armor or combat stims wouldn't hurt either. Our people are really tough, but the only reason we hold our own against the Ninseis is because they have small numbers and aren't that well trained. If they organized better, we'd be screwed. From what I hear about the Black Cobras, they're pretty well organized so any kind of attack we make on them that isn't from a position of surprise is probably not gonna go so well. I dunno, maybe if you can tell me something about the base, I can come up with a better idea."

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:17 pm

"The element of surprise is kinfa out of the door, as they seem to be bolstering their defense, expecting an attack on them. That's why we're trying to lure them out. Their base itself seems walled, with a gate they go through when leaving for raids. The wall is lined with turrets, and some spirit or such is running around there as well"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jtehMushiba says, "Well, unless you've got some ideas about how to deal with the turrets, the only one I can think of is to run a bus or truck or something through the front gate and hope the turrets don't take it down before it gets through. It ain't pretty, but should hopefully get us in if the gate ain't too reinforced. Course if it's reinforced, or the truck doesn't make it to the gate or those turrets can shoot inside as easily as outside, then it won't work. That's a lot of ifs for my likin', but if ya'll ain't got no better plans there's a junkyard nearby that we can probably salvage some sort of vehicle from. It won't be pretty, but seeing what it's supposed to be used for, it don't need to be."

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:26 pm

"What about we make ourselves a snack van for them to raid? It should lure them out of their base, away from the fence and turrets."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork - Page 8 308jtehMushiba says, "I guess that could work. Just need to figure out how to get them to know the truck is out to be raided. It'll be suspicious if we just park in front of their base, considering no traffic goes anywhere near that area since the archology trouble."

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:13 pm

When I looked, those turrets seemed to be hooked directly to generators. I'm no expert, but it looked like they could be easily knocked out.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 am

Kin looked at the beast walking in the Community Center. He didn't know how big the troll was, but was fairly certain Mushiba could crush his skull like a grape. He was on his guard, but everyone seemed to be friendly so he relaxed a bit. He stayed quiet for the moment as the others talked.

Before leaving for the Center, Kin had received his package and replaced the spent bullets in his Raiden clip. He now had two full clips and about another clip's worth in his pocket. Considering what they were going to be facing, he doubted he would have been comfortable with double that amount.

He glanced over at Cannis. The surgeon had done a pretty good job patching him back together. The fact that Cannis was still breathing constituted a good job in his mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:55 pm