Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
Valacan
Fuchou 复仇
WuJen
7 posters

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 Empty Re: Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed

Post by Valacan Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:24 pm

"MS. Yamaha may I call you takako? I have a sedative here to calm your nerves"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Takako says to Wujen, "I've already been destroyed. When you hit rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up. Or lateral, I guess. I suppose you could always dig down further. Whatever. I was never good at metaphors."

To Ichigo she says, "I don't need my nerves calmed. I need to be knocked out for the next week or two. I've seen people change. It's not a quick or painless process. If I can just sleep for like allllll of that, that would be great."

While Ichigo is certain he can keep a normal, healthy person sedated more or less indefinitely, he's uncertain how the ghoul transformation might affect the process.
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 XEWcT7ylj8gLLAzoGY7hugHaFj
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:41 am

WuJen decides to leave well enough alone with the woman. Projecting out of his body he once again visits the lair of the Zombies, to arrange a physical meeting for their payment.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Hearing the lady's lamenting has gotten Sun to grind his teeth. He steps up to her, standing square in front of her, and with a voice that's filled with sternness and anger, he demands she looks at him. The moment she does, he tells her the lessons he learned from growing up and training in the temple.

"Lady, get yourself together!" He gives her a slap with the back of his hand, being extremely careful not to cause anything close to actual pain for any regular person.
    "If you break your arms, you don't stop your training! You train your legs! If you break your legs, you train your arms! You don't sit down and whine about how life is unfair cause others didn't break any limbs! What others do or don't do, doesn't matter! It's what you do or don't do, that matters! Others have it better? Good for them. Doesn't mean you'd have it better if they had it worse. You having it better or worse comes from what you make from it. And hell, life isn't fair. So? When Dakou stole the master's staff and blamed Xiao Nao, Xiao Nao didn't beat up all our teachers! He didn't beat up Dakou! He made the best of a rotten hand that was dealt to him, got the staff back from Dakou, gave it back to the master, and was careful with what Dakou told him. That made Xiao Nao the better. Eventually, Dakou got caught for other crap and got expelled. So get a hold of yourself, stop this crap, and see how you can make the best out of the hand you got dealt, without taking it out on others! Remember, it's your own actions that matter to give yourself value."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Logic +3
    Demolitions +3 Valacan carried out 6 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 5 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 3 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 5 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 4
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:27 pm

Takako is obviously unimpressed by Sun's little speech. She says, "What a whole bunch of crap. Tell you what. If you're so optimistic about turning into a people-eating monster why don't you put your money where your mouth is! I don't have claws and drek yet, but this virus spreads from contact with bodily fluids, right? How about I give you some of the blood from my shoulder here and you get to share this experience with me? You show me how to deal with being a ghoul by example. You lose your eyes and train your hands or some drek, right? You get to show me how to pull myself up by my bootstraps while fire mages are hunting us and everyone looks like a walking steak. If you have the balls to do that and keep your drek together, then fine, I'll follow whatever bulldrek you have to say. If you don't, then I don't need to listen to nothing you have to say because it's all meaningless air. So what do you say? You gonna put up, or you gonna let me live what's left of my damn life the way I want to?"

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 CLOUDS_EXPLOSIONS_NO_TEXT

Meanwhile Ichigo digs some holes around the mouth of the tunnel entrance and slips some explosives into each one. Before long he has it all wired up and ready to go. Everyone backs up and there is a big explosion that causes the hole to crumble in on itself. The noise causes a small avalanche that dumps large boulders into the hole though some of them crash into Ichigo's van. Luckily the armor holds up to most of the damage, but the paint is scratched up a bit. Everyone else is either in or behind the van, so they are unharmed by the boulders. While it is not out of the realm of possibility that the ghouls could dig their way out eventually, it seems unlikely that they would be able to any time soon.

Wujen is blissfully unaware of the explosion and avalanche happening around his body as he projects off to the toxic waste dump to speak with Akane. The toxic spirits guarding astral space once again inform her that he has arrived. She appears before him and says, "We have done our part. There were more ghouls than we anticipated so it was fortunate that we all lent our aid or you may not have left that hole. My people are resting now as the experience has left them quite drained. You may leave our payment at the gates to our territory. You are known to us now. If you wish our aid again, we will lend it provided you can afford our price. We only accept flesh."

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 Akane-Jorogumo
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:18 am

All this talk about taking her personal problems out on others, the madness and now the mockery of his grandmaster's teachings, along with her threatening so many innocents, makes Sun forget the other teachings of his master: Compassion and forgiveness. Instead, his blood starts to boil and a rare rage comes over him. A crimson fire starts burning in his eyes and his face gets flustered red. A vein starts to throb on his forehead as he whispers: "Nobody will hurt the innocents of the city, and nobody... Absolutely nobody... mocks my temple's teachings!"
    He readies his hand to bitchslap the woman, the anger and rage in him make him lose control, however, he hears the voice of his grandmaster bark at him whenever he snuck up to smack one of his buddies, as a small kid.
    "Sun Dashou! What do you think you're doing? We do not train to hit the innocent! Only use what we teach you to help, not to hurt! Do not dishonor our good name by hurting the defenseless!"
    Hearing his grandmaster berate him, being reminded that he's on the verge of mocking his temple's teachings himself, Sun stops his hand mid-air. He shrinks and moves away before hitting the girl, while mumbling, barely audible: "Sorry, miss. Won't do it again, miss. Please don't hit me, shifu. I'll behave." and, hunched, stands behind his friends, staring at the floor and twisting his foot in the dirt.

((Not holding back, and physical damage instead of stun, this time))

((Edit: Roll is in Discord: 3 hits.))
    ((Edit2: As pointed out, got a quality I forgot, but whose rules I have to follow. Composure test is under the threshold of 4 (rolled 3), so as written in the Code of Honor quality, Sun must stop the violence against the protected group -- being defenseless people, in this case.))

Last edited by RafV on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarifications)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:30 am

Sun's mighty hand reaches out to slap the woman. Given his strength this would just about knock her out and she closes her eyes, instinctively flinching against the coming blow that never comes. When it becomes clear that it isn't, she clenches her teeth in indignation and shouts at Sun, "Feel better about yourself, you goddamned hypocrite? Feeling like a big man bullying about a defenseless woman half your strength with threats of violence? Screw you, you piece of shit. I don't have to listen to drek-all you have to say."

Without warning, she spits in Sun's face and says, "Stay the hell away from me you self-righteous piece of garbage. You aren't better than me. If you were me, you'd be a million times worse."

She then gets up and heads off on her own, not knowing where she's going, but sure it's going to be anywhere but here.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:50 pm

WuJen nods and thanks Akane. "You did as much as I could have asked. I have what you asked for. I can't vouch for the freshness, but they appear to be free of the disease and I aquired at least one full body for each of you, which should be far in excess of what was agreed upon."

WuJen takes his leave of Akane and returns to the van. Checking to see if all the survivors are settled he hears the events with Sun and the sad girl.

" I should probably go find her. If she turns she's going to need help and could be dangerous."

WuJen sets out to find the sad girl before joining the others to deliver the payment to the Zombies.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Given his speed on the astral plane and the fact that there aren't too many people around that aren't concentrated in your group, Wujen manages to track Takako down relatively quickly; a sole blip of life in a wasteland of gray. It has not been too long since she left and thus she has not gotten very far. A trail of anger seeps off of her in red waves as she stomps along the mountain with no real destination in mind, but vaguely up towards civilization.  
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 pm

WuJen manifests near the woman. "Hi, look... I heard what happened. Sun was way out of line. He's not great with the people skills, and I'm honestly shocked he behaved like he did.

Please, come back. There is nothing out here for you now, and it will only be worse when you change. At least with us you will be as comfortable as we can make you, and may even be able to help in other ways.

You don't really want to become a monster. Being a monster isn't about the things you can't control, it's about what you do with the choices you do have. Being a monster will mean continuing like you have, only you will deserve it and be hunted, and probably hate yourself as much as you hate the people who you want to victimize. Don't do that, please. Just come back, let us help you, and let's try to find a way through this where we all get to live a little better than we have been."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Takako says, "Look, thanks and all for saving me from that pit, but I refuse to go anywhere near that dwarf. I've got enough on my plate without worrying if someone is going to slap me for mouthing off to them. I appreciate the offer, but I've been under the heel of enough abusive men in my life. I've always kept my mouth shut, avoided saying what I actually thought because I was always afraid of pissing off someone. But I'm done with that. If I'm going to have a disease rot my brain, I rather it happen on my own terms not under another man's. I'll find some shelter someplace. Figure this all out. Or maybe I just get murdered in the street by the police. Whatever. Point is whatever I end up doing, I'm going to do it on my own. I'm done suffering just to keep everyone else happy.

"The truth is I've wanted to die for a long time and this disease was just an excuse to finally pull the trigger. But I've realized I didn't actually want to die. I just wanted to live a life where I didn't just exist to be exploited by other people. I didn't want to be a punching bag anymore and I lived in that for so long that it felt like death was the only way out.

"But I finally see in front of me a life where I don't belong to anyone. It might be short, brutal and hard, but it's life. A real life. I might be wrong and it might be an absolute drekfest, but I always have the option of death by cop. I can always choose to get off this ride. Maybe this disease is a blessing in disguise.

"I dunno, it might all sound like crazy rambling to you, and maybe some of it is. But for the first time in my life I can see freedom coming my way and I want to taste it. Not live in another cage. If that's all that's left for me, what's the point, you know? You might as well have left me in that hole to die or live out the rest of my life with those other ghouls.

"So anyway, thanks for everything. Thanks for saving me. Thanks for helping me realize that I don't need to die. But I need to do this on my own now."

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:19 am

"I get where you are coming from, but I can't have you running around as a danger to others. I am responsible because I pulled you out of there. Come back until we get things settled, please."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:34 am

Takako shakes her head and says, "I can't. Not knowing you have people around like that dwarf. I refuse to be anywhere near him or anyone who might be like him. I'm not going to be slapped about like a cheap whore and then get gas-lighted into thinking it was my fault that I got hit. There is nothing you can say that will convince me to get into a situation like that. I don't care if he apologizes. They always apologize, but never stop until you're dead, or they are. They hold up their hand and make you cower. They make you think you should be thankful for not getting hit. Like they're being so goddamn magnanimous. I've seen that drek play out countless times. I've lost a couple good friends over the years to that kind of drek and I'm not going to be a fragging victim.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I can't promise I won't get into trouble. In fact, I probably will. From what I've seen of others, I probably won't be in much control of my actions so I probably won't have a choice. I might be an exception, but I certainly wouldn't bet on that. But if you feel responsible for that trouble, well don't. I'm making the choice to strike out on my own and the only way I'm going with you is by force. You don't seem like the type that would do that. In the very least I would be losing a drek ton of respect for you if you did.

"This much I will promise though. If you knock me out or whatever and then force me to live in a dark hole somewhere with that dwarf around, the first thing I absolutely will do when I change is scratch him. And then I'll scratch anyone else who keeps me locked up until I find a way to get free. I really don't want to do that. I don't want to hurt innocent people, especially people who helped me, but I'll do what I have to. I'm not going to be a caged animal ever again and I will fight anyone who tries to cage me."

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:30 am

"Can I at least arrange a place for you to stay for a little while? It doesn't have to be where Sun and I stay. I really want to both make sure you are OK and that you aren't going to hurt anyone after you turn. Please, I promised, and I take such vows very seriously. Give me a chance to help at least for a little while."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Takako shakes her head firmly and says, "No. I'm not discussing it anymore. I've said all I'm going to say. Please, just leave me alone."

She walks through Wujen's form and heads up the mountain.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:26 am

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 16 Fe55d41d54438a1e5aeb05ff3db155feWujen summons up a spirit of man to go and follow Takako as she walks up the mountain. The spirit follows her along on the astral plane all day long and reports back just before sunset. "I followed her as requested," the spirit says, "She collapsed around noon from what appeared to be a combination of exhaustion and the effects of her illness, at which point she was found by a pair of women. They appeared as though they intended ill upon her, but once they found that she had nothing of value they decided against it and took her to a ruined building somewhere in what I believe you humans call the Kita Barrens. These women appear to be looking over her. I attempted to remain hidden in the astral plane, but the women were able to see me and one attacked with magic while the other watched. As fighting was not part of my task, I backed away and watched from a distance. As far as I know, the woman has been resting there ever since. I was unable to find an address for the location, but the building was an abandoned apartment complex roughly a kilometer or two straight west of the train station. It should not be difficult to locate, if needed."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:26 am