Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
Valacan
Fuchou 复仇
WuJen
7 posters

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 Empty Re: Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:19 am

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 D27b5hj-2dfde7bf-75db-46bd-92e4-fe6f711e24ee.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzA0ZTdjMGNmLTFmNzAtNDI1MS04ZThiLWIyMGE3ZDgwMGUwMFwvZDI3YjVoai0yZGZkZTdiZi03NWRiLTQ2YmQtOTJlNC1mZTZmNzExZTI0ZWUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
    The survivors keep their eyes on the ork ghouls as they flee. Once they've moved far enough away to no longer be a threat, one of the men says, "Thanks a lot for the rescue. Lead the way."

As he says that three of the men behind him turn on one who appears to be injured, clubbing him across the head and brutally slicing at his throat. The first man says, "What the hell guys?"

"Ken was bit, boss," one of the three replies, "Better to kill him now than have another one of those things running about."

The first guy looks down at Ken and notices a bloody bite mark on the arm. He gives a sigh and says, "Alright, lets get out of here." Turning to Wujen, he says, "Lead the way. We're right behind ya."

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am

WuJen says "Right this way, follow the lights to the surface, and be quick. No more executions, I didn't come down here for that. Are there any more deeper in?"

WuJen leads the way back to the main cavern leading out, directs the survivors toward the entrance and goes to check on the woman left behind.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:13 pm

"so are we leaving or we keep looking cuz our friends are sounding like things are about to really bad really fast"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:16 pm

" Go, I've not heard of any more survivors we can reach from here. I'm just going to check on this woman, drag her up if need be, and be up the shaft right behind you."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:24 pm

ichigo will call sam and say.."hey sam could you find the closest construction site from our location plz"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Sam does a matrix search for nearby construction sites and forwards the information to Ichigo.

Matrix search
    Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 3 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 2 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 3 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 2 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 1 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 1 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 1 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 1 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 5 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 4 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 6 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 5 , Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 D27b5hj-2dfde7bf-75db-46bd-92e4-fe6f711e24ee.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzA0ZTdjMGNmLTFmNzAtNDI1MS04ZThiLWIyMGE3ZDgwMGUwMFwvZDI3YjVoai0yZGZkZTdiZi03NWRiLTQ2YmQtOTJlNC1mZTZmNzExZTI0ZWUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
    The guy looks at Wujen and says, "Other survivors? Hell if I know. I doubt it. Kind of surprised to see you aren't a ghoul to be honest. Anyways, I'm sure as hells not sticking around here to get infected."

The men then run off to the entrance as Wujen doubles back for the woman. She is sitting on the ground, sobbing, her shiv on the ground next to her, but still alive. When Wujen gets to her, she follows him along, but is somewhat lethargic about it seems to have lost the will to fight to survive, even if she isn't actively trying to kill herself at the moment.

The others run back to the entrance and climb out with some assistance. The number of ghouls attempting to get through has greatly increased, but the invisible barrier is just barely keeping them at bay. By the time Wujen joins them with the woman, he realizes that there are only a couple of Zombies remaining, the astral forms of the others having apparently given up on keeping the ghouls out, likely due to exhaustion. The remaining two Zombies look like they are barely holding on. Luckily everyone appears to be out of the tunnel. However, with the Zombies' strength about to give out, he and the woman will be overwhelmed if they do not get out of the tunnels quickly...

Ichigo tells Sam to find construction sites on the matrix, which Sam gets to work on doing from the safety of the van. However, it will take him some time to complete his search as construction sites aren't usually advertised for. The sound of ghouls in the tunnels is echoing up the shaft loudly

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Seeing the urgency of the rapidly thinning barriers WuJen casts levitate on both himself and the woman and begins making his way up the shaft as quickly as possible.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Splitting his attention on 2 spells makes the process a lot harder, but Wujen manages to just barely scrape by, lifting both him and the woman towards the hole in the ceiling. The ghouls burst through the barrier and the remaining Zombies blip back to their home to rest. Using nothing but pure will, Wujen forces himself and the woman ever upwards to the entrance as the ghouls converge and leap at them, just barely missing their feet. Still, the ghouls do not seem deterred now that they have a means of escape from the tunnels. They begin climbing atop each other and gripping into the walls with their claws, climbing upwards just behind Wujen. As he makes it to the surface, a couple of ghouls threaten to escape with him but luckily Harumi's astral form is there, blade in hand, to knock them off the wall and send them tumbling back down into the darkness. There is hissing down below and scrabbling of stone. These ghouls clearly do not plan to stay down in the tunnels...

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:29 pm

WuJen lands near the Roadmaster and ends his Levitation Magic, then quickly casts a physical barrier over the top of the shaft to seal it. He then orders the Fire Spirit to defend the shaft from any climbing ghouls until it's time ends.

"Please tell me we got some bodies out of there to pay the Zombies for their help? I really do not want to have to go back in if it can be avoided, and 60+ pounds of suitable flesh is otherwise hard to come by."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Sam loads the browse program to cut down the search time.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:27 pm

The barrier is in place and Fire seems quite confident he can keep the ghouls down. He punches one climbing up which falls backwards and knocks down four others. The fall would probably be lethal if there weren't other ghouls down there to break the fall. As it is, it probably results in some rather painful broken bones. The ghouls keep trying to get out, but slowly get less enthusiastic about the endeavor after getting knocked down a few times. None of them ever even get to the barrier. It seems that they will be kept down at least as long as Fire maintains watch.

Sun and the drones have managed to gather a dozen or so bodies that do not appear to have been bitten or scratched. Unfortunately they have been decomposing for weeks now so they aren't in the best shape, but hopefully they are good enough for ghoul consumption.

It takes about 15 minutes or so, but Sam eventually finds a construction site. Well, not so much a construction site as a potential repair crew as a part of one of the highways has been shut down for repairs.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 am

Fuchou recalls his drones and tells them to get ready to leave ((like pack themselves into the Bulldog)) and goes to talk to the woman.

"Hello miss, my name is Fuchou. I am also infected, but we are working on a cure. I can help to take care of you until we find it. These are my friends, and they are going to help us to get back to a place where we can be safe for now. Please have hope for the future, you don't have to end your life."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 am

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 XEWcT7ylj8gLLAzoGY7hugHaFj"You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath," she says, "Lots of companies have said 'we are working on a cure' and yet here we are, still with no cure. If you don't have a cure now, then you might as well not have a cure at all."

The woman looks down at the claw marks on her shoulder. Even if she wasn't clawed by an infectious ghoul, she's been through disgusting looking water and probably hasn't had the chance to shower in ages, so if the wound doesn't get infected by normal bacteria it would be a miracle. "You see, I'm going to turn into one of those things. I've seen what happens. First comes a fever. Then pain so bad you can't even get up out of bed. Finally you change and that's when the hunger sets in. You've not eaten for days or weeks and you just need to eat SOMETHING. But you can't just eat food like a normal person. Of course not. That makes you sick and doesn't keep you from getting hungrier and hungrier until you look at your girlfriend and, even though you loved her more than anything in the world, even though you can't imagine life without her, that hunger is driving you crazy. You can't think. You're just so hungry that you'll do anything to make that stop, even eat the love of your life or your kids or whoever happens to be nearby. The virus makes you strong. Stronger than you ever were in life, and you don't care about anything but the hunger so that person you have your sights on won't be able to stop you. If they're someone who knows you, maybe they hesitate to stop you and that's all you need to slip in and claw open their throat. You know what you are doing is wrong. You know that you love that person, but the hunger is just so maddening that you can't stop. Maybe you're lucky and that person you tried to eat has a weapon. A knife, a rock, anything. Maybe they manage to somehow kill you before you eat them and maybe they are so lucky that they don't get infected in the process. Can you imagine living with the guilt of having to put down someone you loved like a rabid dog? Can you imagine knowing that they are no longer in your life because you killed them?"

The woman's gaze goes out into nothingness and she says, "I saw that happen countless times down there. Men, women, children, all nothing but meat to the infected. Those who kept their sanity only did so by making more people like them. More monsters. It doesn't matter if you are serious about this cure or just saying that to cheer me up. If you can't cure me before I need to eat someone, then it doesn't matter. Even if I'm cured, I'll always know that I ate someone and nothing can cure that. Nothing will cure the memory of biting into the flesh of another human being. Nothing will cure the knowledge that people had to die for every single meal so I could survive. Nothing will make everything the way that it was before. How could I ever live with that level of guilt?"

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm

WuJen looks up from where he's resting in the truck.

"You are right of course. It can be that way, and you have seen it repeatedly turn out like that, but it doesn't have to. If you turn, you will also see the world in a whole new way. I don't mean the hunger, but the awareness of the astral realm. There is beauty there that language hasn't yet been invented to describe."

"Your fears are well placed. Ghouls are predators, and their prey is humanity. Humanity isn't comfortable when it's not the last link in the food chain. But Predators are natural, you need not fear that if it becomes a part of you. You will have to eat, but no one has to die to feed you, humanity does a fine job dying all on it's own. Nothing that lives does so without feeding on another's death, not even plants. There is no shame in doing whatever you need to survive."

"Meanwhile, there can be hope of a cure. There can be hope of a better life. Until fever sets in there can be hope that you didn't get sick. You aren't alone. And I always keep my promises... If it comes to ending your life, we can manage it painlessly. But until then, Live.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:38 am

Fuchou tells her that he expects that it will be horrifying to go through the initial change. But that he has a mission on Gilon to fight evil no matter what his form becomes. Since she may be ready to die she might as well know who they are and what they do before she does it.

"We are a band of people fighting for justice in the world. We regularly come across people that have hurt others and deserve to die, when they need to feed, the people that they feed on will not be loved ones; they will be the ones that can now no longer hurt others."

"We will be safe under the community center that they live under, and she can use her life in whatever way it ends up doing good. A life is such a precious thing that it would be a shame to waste it through self murder. At the very least" he says gathering himself as much he can for full effect, "give your last in a way that you can be proud of."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:40 am

Negotiation check:

Charisma(1)

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 2
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

Negotiation check with edge if it's allowed:

Charisma(1)

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 3
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:46 am

Fuchou looks desparately around for help convincing this girl not to kill herself as he blatantly fails ((ghoul whisperer, you're our only hope!!))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 XEWcT7ylj8gLLAzoGY7hugHaFjThe woman is not convinced by Fuchougou's words. In fact, he feels a little more depressed from hearing them. She isn't about to kill herself at this moment, but she certainly doesn't seem to be adverse to the idea. "Justice?" she exclaims, "Look around you. 90% of the people who live in this city were forced to live under it like pigs in filth. When we're down here dying by the million, the government decides to write us off and leave us down here to be ghoul food or die of starvation. That is what justice IS here. The wealthy enjoy happy lives on the top of the mountain and the rest of us are not even people. What does stopping a couple of so-called evil individuals matter when society itself is what is evil? I don't know, maybe the ghouls are right. Maybe there isn't anything worth saving in this drek hole city. Maybe everyone just needs to be eaten and we burn this whole world to the ground. "

She begins laughing to herself. The not the kind of laugh one makes when they hear a funny joke or someone tickles them. More like the kind of laugh one makes when life is so absurd that you just can't cope with it in any other way. "Let's fracking eat the rich!" she shouts with maniacal glee, "They starved us. And they are why we ended up as ghouls to begin with. Let's just fracking eat them. I swear I'm gonna find a little rich family and I'm going to tie them up in their fancy little rich bastard chairs and I'm gonna make them watch as I eat everyone in their shitty little families. I'm gonna fracking cut off their bits piece by piece and eat it like a goddamn buffet for weeks. Then when there's only one of them left, I'm gonna lock them in one of their precious safes with the dead bodies of their family and leave one big scratch across their body with my claws. Then they get to feel what we went through, feeding on the scraps left of their family before eventually starving with all those treasures that they spent their lives hording. Screw death. I have too many people to kill first."

Last edited by GameMaster on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:29 pm

"You don't want that. That makes you just like them. If you want to see the world change you can't do it by being just as bad."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Ichigo will look for something to give the woman to calm her nerves. "Hi my name is ichigo and I am a Dr. And what is your name?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 pm

The woman glances at Wujen and says, "And would it be such a bad thing to be as bad as them? Where has following the rules and being a good girl got me? I spend every day with a growling belly doing whatever drek job I can to feed myself just enough not to die. Then every douche bag boss thinks just because they pay me a starving wage that they have the right to grab my ass whenever they like it. I can't even complain because no SIN means my complaints don't mean drek and even if they did, I can't risk losing my job because then I get to go from hungry all the time to just dead. If I'm gonna be turning into a monster that they would just burn on sight, I might as well just be a monster. At least then I get to have a full belly and a little fun for once in my shitty life before they toast me alive. If I follow their rules, I just get to starve and be miserable until they find and roast me. Screw. That. I've wasted too much of my life living under rules and justice. If I'm going out, I'm going out in a goddamn blaze of glory with a trail of rich bastard blood dripping in my wake. Maybe I get to scratch a few of those police bastards too."

She pats her chest and grumbles. "I need a frackin smoke," she says before addressing Ichigo, "Not like I need to worry about cancer no more, eh doc? Name's Yamauba. Takako Yamauba. I don't wanna hear any promises of a cure that you don't have. Just gimme a bed to rest so I can get this miserable transformation over and done with. I've got a fabulous life as a ghoul ahead of me."
    Mission 4B - An Eye Claimed - Page 15 XEWcT7ylj8gLLAzoGY7hugHaFj
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:47 pm

" You don't have to play by their rules. I certainly don't. There are some rules common to all people you will need to follow though, or you will become a monster that must be put down. You are entitled to your anger, but don't let it destroy you."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am

Fuchou feels like he made a difference, if not in the exact way that he intended.

Looking at the woman he smiles a little bit trying not to look weird like he usually does and pats her on the back.

"That's...uhmm...the spirit....!....uhm, we probably have some...like...people that need a good killing that we can direct you towards, and I can offer you my assistance in keeping you safe and getting food. You're gonna be great!"

He smiles awkwardly even though he doesn't mean to with a thumbs up gesture that looks forced.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 am