Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
6 posters

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 21 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Frog Sam hops over to the tree. If nothing interesting happens on the way, he climbs it to get a better look at the fruit.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 21 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Froggy Sam has no problem hopping over to the tree. Examining the fruit, he has no idea what kind of fruit it is. It's vaguely pear-shaped and reddish purple in color, roughly the size of a large apple.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:05 pm

((Is the size of a large apple different from the size of a large pear?))
    Illusion Sam floats back to the goblin.
    "Is there something unusual, valuable, dangerous, or otherwise noteworthy about that tree or the fruit that is growing on it?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 pm

The goblin nods and says, "Yep. And once that manure over there is shoveled, I'll be sure to tell you which it is."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Illusion Sam turns its gaze to Sun.
    Frog Sam gets comfortable.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Sun shrugs. All the time spent doing horse stance... Shoveling horse shit can't be too different. He grabs the shovel and gets to it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 pm

The goblin introduces himself as Gunk and directs Sun as to where and how the manure should be shoveled. Almost immediately after Sun gets started, the shovel breaks under the strain. He tries the other shovels and finds they break in his hands as well. He has barely made a dent in the pile before all the shovels are broken.

Gunk sighs and says, "Just use your hands. It's easier. Let me know when you're done. I've got to take care of the honey here."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:59 pm

WuJen tries to summon a force 5 elemental to help with moving the manure
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:00 pm

Force 5 Earth elemental, rather.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Considering his hands are the size of shovels, Sun doesn't argue the goblin's logic. He waits for a moment, noticing WuJen is up to something.

If the element summoning fails, he starts digging with his hands, keeping in mind he can just wash them in the stream afterwards.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:31 pm

The earth elemental appears as a mass of soil about the size of Wujen and introduces himself as Pete. It offers two services to the mage. However, it clearly seems disoriented by the over-saturation of mana on the astral plane. Despite that, it stumbles about clumsily and says it will do as asked. It moves the manure but has a hard time avoiding the plants as it does so and ends up trampling some vegetables, each time with an, "Oops! Sorry! I'm not usually this clumsy..."

Gunk hops up and down and shouts, "No no no! You can't step on everything while you're doing it! You'll ruin everything!"

The earth elemental pauses and sighs. "If it's okay," he says to Wujen, "I'll just owe you this service later. I don't think I can get it done without destroying everything. It's too hard to concentrate here. I can keep going if you really want me to, but I'm afraid I will do more harm than good."

((If you want him to continue, he'll continue, otherwise this service doesn't count against the two you are owed))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm

WuJen sighs in frustration and let's the elemental go.

"Sorry Sun. I guess it's just us.". WuJen starts helping to move the manure.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:20 pm

It takes a good half hour or so to shovel all the manure and Wujen and Sun end up quite covered in the stuff, but it gets done. Once they are done, Gunk points to the fruit and says, "That's a life fruit. The tree grows one a year and only grows in a mana rich environment, but if you eat it, it makes your body extremely healthy. You'll get stronger, faster, and hardly ever get sick. You guys are the first people who've ever actually helped me when I asked, so you can have it. Unfortunately there's only one and you have to eat the whole thing to get the benefits, but it's all I can offer."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:36 pm

"Well, who doesn't like to be more healthy. I'll pass on this one though, I prefer to develop my mind over my body, and believe one of you would be better served by it."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Gunk shrugs and says to Sun, "I guess it's yours then. Careful when picking it. The tree doesn't like to give up it's fruit."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 am

Sun walks over to the tree. For a moment, he hesitates about talking to a tree, but then remembers Harumi pretty much is a tree too. "Excuse me, mister or miss tree. Would you awfully mind if I'd take this fruit of yours? If you want, I can keep the seeds safe and have a friend of ours plant it in a place special trees thrive."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:34 am

A breeze rustles the leaves for a moment then the fruit falls from its branches.

Gunk says, "Huh. Well that's a first. I was expecting it to wallop you over the head."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:48 am

Sun bows a little. "Thank you, mister or miss tree." He then proceeds to pick the fruit up and eats it, being very, very careful to not eat any of the seeds. When finishing, he takes some soil, mixes it with a bit of manure and water from the stream. It gets divided into as many clumps of it as there are seeds. A seed goes into the center of each clump. Finally, each clump gets wrapped up in leaves, to make sure it won't leak. After verifying each seed has been stored and is ready for transportation, Sun puts some in his backpack, and divides the rest amongst WuJen and Ichigo. "Keep them safe, please. If only one of us happens to get out of this place, at least some seeds will reach the peach farm."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:50 am

Sun immediately looks fitter and stronger than he was prior to eating the fruit. He feels the best he's felt in his life.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 am

Sun flexes his muscles, swings his limbs loose, and hops a couple of times. "I feel the best I've felt in my life! Alright folks, we're here for the corn." He looks around to see if he can find any corn, and if he spots any corn fields, goes over there to collect some.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:06 am

There is a sizable field of corn that is quite easy to both notice and get to. Sun is able to harvest as much corn as he wants.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 am

Sun harvest as much corn as he can carry.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:20 am

Sam perceives things

Sam Dekker carried out 7 launched of one d6text :
    5 , 1 , 4 , 4 , 3 , 6 , 3
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Sam notices there is in fact a single peach tree among the various other fruit trees. It is healthy and currently bearing fruit.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Illusion Sam points to the tree.
    "There is a peach tree," he notes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm