Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
6 posters

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by WuJen Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:55 pm

(ooc was there space between the hedge and skull fence? If so I will gather folks and levitate us over the fence. Feel free to make those rolls, I'm on my phone )
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:42 pm

((Assuming you do force 1, move them one at a time and no one actively resists, you should be able to manage that without rolling. No one is big enough that there is much worry of not being able to lift them.))

There being small bit of room between the fence and the bushes, Wujen slowly levitates everyone over it and in front of the fence. Nothing adverse seems to happen as a result, though the driver says good luck to you all and hands a flare gun to Sun while Wujen does his thing. "I'm gonna be getting out of here, but if you guys get out, just shoot that flare and someone will come to pick you up. So long as you shoot straight up, we should be able to see it from the farm. We'll be looking out for it. Good luck and come back safe." He then drives off.

Soon you are all beyond the bushes and in front of the fence. Various skulls sit atop posts of bone, each with glowing eyes that focus on you as you approach. At one point in the fence, you notice a gate with a slightly larger skull mounted on its center. This skull appears to lack the eyes of its brothers. The gate skull says, "Oh. More food for old Baba Yaga, eh?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Sun, ever the diplomat, pockets the flare gun and looks at the skull. "What happened to your eyes?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 pm

The skull says, "Never got any. Baba Yaga said I don't need them to open and close the gate. So here I am, a blind doorknob, while all those other skulls get their fancy eyes."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 pm

"Would you like some eyes?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:14 pm

The skull says, "Why? You gonna give me yours?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:18 pm

"Why do the other skulls need their eyes?'
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:28 pm

The skull says, "To spot intruders that try to climb the fence."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 pm

"Will you open the gate for us?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:48 pm

The skull says, "I could, but that would make me a pretty shitty gate."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:50 pm

"No. Not opening would make you a shitty gate. Opening would make you a shitty fence. But you are not a fence. You are a gate."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm

The skull says, "I suppose this is true. But I am also a security gate and if I let everyone in willy nilly, I might as well not be here. You're better off not going in anyway."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm

"That is true," Sam says to the eyeless skull. "I am out of ideas," he says to the others.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 pm

"So what are the eyes of the othet skulls made of? I bet they're not regular metahuman ones."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:54 pm

"So if you are a security gate yet have no eyes to see who seeks entry, it must be that there is something you must hear. You also don't appear to have a brain, so I bet you can't tell me what it is."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:26 am

The skull says to Sun, "Not sure really. Can't see them. Pretty sure whatever it is Baba Yaga threw in their eye sockets is mostly symbolic rather than biologically sound. That's the way her magic usually works."

To Wujen, he says, "Hey, you calling me stupid? I know lots of things, thank you very much. You think just because I'm a skull that I'm a bonehead? That's discrimination, that is! I was a college educated scholar before I ended up here. Maybe I wasn't the best in my class, but I graduated from an accredited university with a master's degree in botany. I wrote a thesis on the properties of liftwood that was the basis of all airship flight. Can you say the same, Mr Bone-joke?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 am

Sun scratches his head for a moment. "Personally, I don't know any magic, but if you can let us know what you'd like for eyes, maybe we can find something for you."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:41 am

Sam does a matrix search on the properties of liftwood, looking for the earliest thesis paper he can find other papers referencing back to in order to try to find this skull's former identity. ((does it speak in a Cockney accent? I'm 100% reading it with a Cockney accent))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:41 am

Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 4 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 4 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 6 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 5 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 3 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 1 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 1 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 3 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 4 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 1 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 3 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 1
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 am

Sun pats Sam on the shoulder and goes: "GO GO SAM! YOU CAN DO IT! SHOW THAT SEARCH ENGINE WHO'S BOSS! COME ON, SAM!"

RafV carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 2 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 6 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 2
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 am

((Awww yeah, you got 1 more die to roll! It's also definitely not super awkward for the skull Laughing ))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 am

Feeling emboldened by Sun's enthusiasm in his pursuit, and not really sure how Sun knew what he was doing in the first place, Sam matrix searches harder
    Sam Dekker carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:14 am

((not exactly cockney because he doesn't use the rhyming slang, but similar, yes.))

Sam doesn't find a specific paper on liftwood, but airships utilizing liftwood for atmospheric buoyancy have been around for over a thousand years, so this paper would have to be older than that, predating the matrix by hundreds of years. The fact that his connection is super slow and painful doesn't help matters any. ((Imagine using dialup when you are used to using a fiberoptic line and that's more or less what Sam is experiencing))

He does notice that the skull is speaking strangely though. At first, he can't really put his finger on what it is that is strange about the skull's speaking mannerisms and then he realizes that the skull isn't actually speaking Desian common at all. In fact he appears to be speaking in Victorian common. The strangest part about that is the fact that none of you speak Victorian common and yet you all have no problem understanding what it is the skull is saying.

The skull says to Sun, "You're gonna get me some eyes? That's awful swell of you. But unless you have a pair of eyes in your pocket, I am not really sure what to ask for."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:49 am

"Let's see what the others' eyes are made from, shall we?"
    Sun walks over to the nearest skull with eyes and takes a closer look at what they're made of.

((I'm assuming this is a perception check, so rolling that. If not, disregard the roll))
    RafV carried out 8 launched of one d6 :
    3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 5 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 6 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 1 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 3 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 6 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 5 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 5 , 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 3 2
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 am

As you look closely at the skeletons, their 'eyes' do not appear to be uniform structures. Some have glass replicas, some have cyber replacements, some appear to be wearing glasses, one just has a camera lens jammed in there. To be honest, their sight capabilities seem pretty dubious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:57 am