Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

3A - To Heir is Human

Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 9 Empty Re: 3A - To Heir is Human

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

((I was thinking it would have some sort of "wake-on-LAN" type of setting, but if even that level of on-ness would be detectable then let's say that he sets it to shut down for an hour and a half and come up in a low power mode if possible just to see if it detects any signals searching for it?))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:48 am

Sato returns to his seat, apologizes to the bartender and resumes the conversation ((see roll above))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 am

((If it's sending out a signal, it's signal can be detected. It's an either on or off sort of deal. only way to communicate with it directly without a wireless signal is to plug in directly with a cable, which is obviously inconvenient))

The bartender is friendly and chats with Sato. He introduces himself as Tomo, though his full name is Tomomoto Fujihiko. He continues pouring drinks and serving customers at the bar while making small talk with Sato. While he has some assorted amusing anecdotes to tell, none of them appear to be useful to the task at hand.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Sato continues chatting. After he ascertains that he’s of no immediate use for this mission, he switches to grooming him as a contact.

((I’m thinking we need to move on a plan soon to keep everyone engaged - let’s have Chougou’s outside drone do some more scouting and then meet to discuss the plan))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:11 pm

While the kanmushi is in shutdown mode Chougou checks on his sewer snake and explores the area that it is in after it left the hotel's plumbing.

((I think we've done all the basic recon that we can, in/exfiltration along with contingency plans would be a good place to start I think))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:23 pm

The sewer snake works its way down the pipes, eventually coming out in a public toilet below the hotel. It is easily retrieved by Chougou, though understandably unsanitary. Sato and Tomo exchange contact info and part ways.

You all eventually meet up somewhere (up to you where, can be the room Sato rented or some place off site) to discuss your plans from here on it. It is getting later on in the evening by this point and it is getting clear that businesses have been preparing for the typhoon tomorrow which is expected to hit sometime around noon. Windows are shuttered, loose items have been removed or secured, and there are generally fewer people on the streets than usual as they are undoubtedly in their homes doing last minute prep for the storm.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:01 pm

((I remember that something was mentioned about the nightwing that would make it difficult to land on the roof? I am wondering if it could be remotely piloted by Chougou and hang out above the storm and then maybe we could dangle a rope from it for Sato to catch so that he can get away when he's ready?))

Chougou reviews his list of offensive drones and none of them can really do much in the air, depending on how high a rotodrone can fly...although if they can get the nightwing in that airspace then maybe they can dangle some crawlers from a rope just to have some sort of a defensive presence?

Chougou asks Torpor and Sato what way they would like to get into the room, because coming down from the sky may be tricky but not impossible...Chougou thinks that maybe he could pilot the nightwing and dangle Sato and/or Torpor on a rope to get them in and then pick them up the same way...but having never practiced that or necessarily having ready made equipment for it it could be very dangerous.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm

((the main problem is that it is a glider. Something like this... (though presumably not as colorful) It's not a very sturdy craft or capable of hovering. I wouldn't want to be flying one of those around a storm, or even windy weather. It also only seats one, so I am not sure what your plan is but I assume more than one of you will be going in and will presumably need a way out.))

Chougou is nervous about the idea of flying the glider during a storm with even one person on it. At the building's height, one mistake would be fatal. Any armed response against the glider would likely reduce it to swiss cheese besides. A backup drone dropoff might be doable. At least if that fails, no one dies.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

((ok so precision seems to be the main problem, coupled with the inability to deal with the wind...can it be remotely piloted at all?

Just for the sake of exhausting all options to make sure that it can't be useful even as an emergency escape vehicle I was thinking of having one of the Aztechnology Crawlers attached to it via a cable which would then grab onto something on the roof in a flyby and keep the glider in a holding pattern going around in circles until it was time to go.

The crawlers could provide cover fire if necessary and be abandoned to make good the escape, or if this escape method isn't needed then they could detach and fly away with the Nightwing to somewhere safe. But I can see how even in the winds above a storm it would still be a difficult maneuver.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:10 am

((Yes it can be remote controlled, but if the vehicle does not have a rigger interface you can't make use of your control rig (so you don't get your fun bonus dice and other bonuses). I don't know if you did that or not, but drones all come with rigger interfaces standard, vehicles usually do not. Without that, you can remotely control it with your regular aircraft pilot skill or rely on the vehicle's built in pilot. Given that the glider has a pilot of 1, I wouldn't recommend that option.))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Chougou reports the limitations of the Nightwing as anything other than a last resort vehicle and sinks into his thoughts.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Chougou thinks of his friend Tammy Smith and if she might be the best option to transport the team in and out. She coincidentally works for Victorian Aeronautics and enjoys thrilling situations, with her own vehicles.

Chougou mentions this as an option to Sato and Torpor while stressing that she is of course top of the line and won't come cheap but having her someone of her caliber, especially during a storm, may be what gets everyone home safe. Chougou would then be free to create other disruptions as needed with his drones. ((link to contacts page to read up on her))

((Chougou has a 3 Loyalty and 3 Connection with her, what would the roll be?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm

((No roll. Just call her up and ask.))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:50 pm

Chougou calls Tammy and gives a vague overview of the situation such as height of the potential drop off/retrieval, the time frame, the possibility of doing it before/after, or possibly during, the storm. He asks her for a price range that he could pass on to his associates.

Being friends he also asks her how she is doing and other types of basic catching up type talk. He forgets that he is no longer a dwarf during the call so unless she brings it up from having heard about it she still thinks he is tiny.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Tammy is currently in her pilot's uniform when Chougou calls her up. She looks tired from a long day of work as she says, "Heeeey Chougou. You look different. Did you lose some weight or something?"

When told about the work she says, "Yeah, I can fly you and your buddies to or from the roof, no problem. I'll even give you the friends and family discount. A one way trip will cost you 100 nuyen each. If you want me to fly during a typhoon, that'll be 500 extra per person. And if you need me to fly in or out with security on my tail, that's another 500 per person. Finally, if I need to actually bring any weaponry with me, it'll be a 100 nuyen loading fee plus the cost of whatever ammo I use. I can load up missiles, but they'll be 5,000 nuyen for each one I end up using. Or I can load up a heavy machine gun. Doesn't have as much of a punch, but it's relatively cheap to fire off."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

"That's very reasonable Tammy, I will give those prices to my friend, I think that he will be very happy with it. I...uh...had a demon from another realm make me taller...for some of my soul. It still feels weird. But I'm getting used to it."

Chougou DNI's the info to Sato and Torpor
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Tammy pauses, unsure how to respond for a moment, then bursts into laughter, "Sure man. Whatever. Just let me know when and where you'll need me."

She then says farewell and the line disconnects.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:29 pm

Chougou sends out messages to Torpor and Sato, worried that they've been abducted... (( Cool ))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:14 pm

((Sorry I’ve been MIA - big re-.org at work and I’m trying to make sure my staff all have places to land...(it’s a bit too close to the glider discussion above). Fortunately things should shake out today so I can contribute tomorrow again. Apologies))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

((Glad you didn't get abducted, although it might be preferable to doing a reorg Laughing))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:21 am

Sato sits everyone down in the limo and has the driver drive around the city. He requests Chougou give them some drone overwatch to avoid snooping.

"OK, here's some ideas:

(1) Can we land on the roof quietly? It seems thanks to Chougou that it would be dicey, but perhaps the roof of the hotel will be so far above the storm and we can find a take-off point further up the mountain ((can we check this out on some meteorology Matrix site?)). The question will be how loud will the aircraft be vs. how risky the glider will be. Alternatively, I have another idea, but I was hoping to use it to get out....

(2) Getting in - it seems there's an emergency staircase with a lock and security system that we could use one of the small EMP grenades to aid Chougou's hacking.

(3) Inside, we still need the layout of the suite and maybe another small EMP grenade to get through the door ((I think you mentioned we could just get it from the hotel site))

(4) Once inside, it will be up to Torpor and I to confront the security - a 5 min response time would be good enough for us, but it's too bad ((or a good sign?)) that the security chief seems to be ignoring our request to meet to suss it out.

(5) To get out, I think we may need a loud retrieval for Torpor, but if he's no longer in play, I have an idea to disguise myself as a servant and get out in the melee

(6) In any case, a distraction would be welcome - maybe we could plant hte big grenade near the security office and have it turn off it's matrix access until go time - Chougou could trigger it at a critical portion.

What do you think? Any ideas?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Chougou might possibly be able to use the glider to get one person on/off the roof, but his contact Tammy is probably a better option since she has access to aircraft that are better suited to this. The only drawback being she needs to get paid for her services, but her rates seem reasonable. Chougou has used her services in the past and she is dependable. If done during the storm, quiet will be significantly less of a a concern as typhoons do make a fair amount of noise, but Tammy does have access to quiet aircraft, if needed.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Chougou uses his kanmushi to observe and collect as much information on the suite as he can from outside the windows, looking especially for what types of locks are on the doors inside.

He then sends it to the roof to observe the entry that would go down into the building, checking for locks or if it might need to be forced open/hacked open.

DNI:
    "I don't have any explosives that can be got quickly, but I might be able to create distractions either way, sending in an attack bot to rile the place up for instance but not kill anything. Torpor are you still on the line?"

Chougou is worried about Torpor now and it triples his level of fear. He looks around anxiously trying to see any real threat that matches the one in his head.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:44 pm

"I'm here, not sure what to add to the discussion though. If we use your friend we need to pay her and if that's the case it may be cheeper to just get me out, if Sato sneaks out. Not sure how to get out once security is called other than the roof."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

Sato puts his hand on Chougou’s shoulder and looks him in the eye.  

“Chougou.  You have no idea how grateful I am that you are helping me with my affairs.  It seems like we barely know each other and yet, you are willing to take such a great risk for me, particularly because this mission is a bit...unsavory.  This speaks highly to your bravery.”

He pauses.  

“You have my deep gratitude for this.”  

He looks at Torpor.  

“You too, my friend.  We are about to enter the mouth of the beast together and I will not take your sacrifice lightly.  Thank you.”

He clasps hands with him.

((Ok let’s see what Chougou’s drones have to say and then go for it!!!))

((Let’s do the following misdirection - counting on the height of the storm to create the most chaos
    (1) in disguise/masked, Torpor lands on the roof using Chougou’s friend’s chopper service and uses the EMP grenade to get in the door to the stairs to make his way to the Penthouse level.
    (2) Separately, Sato stays the night and disguised himself as a repair man with a lifted keycard.  If he needs to, he can use some of the EMP grenades as well to help Chougou help him bypass doors.
    (3) if all goes well, they meet at the penthouse level
    (4) if not, say if there is heightened security response, Torpor can draw them off and escape through the roof chopper and security will pursue thinking they have thwarted the attack
    (5) This could open up a hole for Sato to do the deed and slink our in the chaos, using his moldavle face and electrochromic clothing to change forms and emulate a servant. ))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 am