Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
8 posters

Downtime 2

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Downtime 2

Post by WuJen Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am

Ritual Magic:

[roll='d6']12[/roll]

WuJen spent days drinking only water and eating white foods to purify his body, meditating on the ritual to purify his will, and inscribing the Circle with the patterns to manifest the combined will of the group into the physical world.  On the night of the ritual he wore a sleeveless robe so that the ritual henna patterns that ran from his heart down his arms all the way to his hands could be clearly seen, and as he called forth minor witnesses from each element the markings could be seen to flare like embers burning into his skin before fading from few.  The last witnesses was Man, the manifestation of Will and Magic itself, and Little Dragon stood to witness the commitment of the group, at least taking Wujen's hand as the final markings flared to life and seared the commitment into his flesh, her own tatoos flaring at the same time, showing her for once to be clearly spirit rather than flesh.

Though the markings were no longer visible, the commitment they represented was clear.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 am

(ooc:mrguglfrglings….grrrr….*glares at the dice roller with menace)

Ritual Magic:

WuJen carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 am

(ooc: Wow.  Just...wow.  I'm gonna go with edge to reroll failed dice)

edge:
    [roll='d6']11[/roll]
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 am

(ooc: *Firey eyes of DOOM at the dice roller*)
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 8 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 8 5
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:38 pm

@WuJen

Downtime 2 - Page 8 DpuwfIw
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Sato opens the door to the the store room, releasing a cloud of incense smoke into the hallway.  He emerges with his head down in thought - he is obviously shaken by his experience of the last few minutes...he looks at his watch...how did that take hours? he wonders.  

He sends a message to Sam : "Hey, do you know anything about the security for a hotel called 'Aman' at the top of that new Otemachi tower?  Is there any way to find out who is staying in the Penthouse?  Perhaps there are news reports of someone famous staying there?"

He looks at his watch again.  what date is it?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:48 pm

The Group Binding Ritual

((Ooooookay. I am gonna assume that Darth Vader means Sato agrees and I'll go ahead and make his roll. aaaand 5 hits for Sato))

Sato gives an impressive and moving speech about the value of unity and when he is done, Wujen seals off the ritual. You all feel a deep, spiritual connection with each other as you are bound in brotherhood. Since Wujen is the only person who can actually see the astral plane, he is also the only one who can see the astral connection that links the four of you together. From this moment forward, your lives are entwined in blood, spirit, and oath. You each can sense that it is a connection deeper and more intimate than friendship, family or even marriage. And thus your magical group has been founded.

Sato (earlier that day)

The potency of the incense has worn off as Sato stumbles out of the smoke-filled room. Glancing at his watch, he realizes that it is the 26th of Rokugatsu. The time is 16:35, a bit over three hours had passed since he entered the room and tonight the bonding ritual with the others is scheduled.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 am

I purchase capsule rounds to make my bullets, I need 50 rounds. I call me guns dealer for that, then I make what I have available into round. ((Do I need to roll anything?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Torpor

The 50 rounds are sent by courier, just like the silencer. The cost is 30 nuyen and it arrives within an hour of ordering it and takes about 6 hours for Torpor to fill them with whatever chemical he puts in them. His skilled hands manage to fill most of the capsules without issue. However, he does lose 5 rounds (and the chemicals used with them) during the work. Luckily he is wearing gloves and doesn't get any of the chemical on his skin.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Torpor places the ammo in clips and puts the extra in his ammo box with his tools. That could have ended with a long nap. Glad he finished that up he leaves out some extra metal gears and gizmos for the tool box. 
    The silencer should fit the pistol no issues and he places it on salt, the other Colt. He then holsters both pistols loaded with yellow clips, and does a couple quick draws from their holsters to make sure everything is smooth and ready for action. He also loads up into the reloading arm, the other types of ammo clips just in case.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 am

Ichigo will fix up the clinic and he will also look into some kind of ambulatory vehicle for the clinic. He will also spend some time studying up on cybertechnology.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Ichigo does some looking around for vehicles and, short of stealing an actual ambulance, the best he is going to get is some kind of van, which he can then fix up with whatever medical equipment he wants. There are many vans that fit the bill, some requiring more modification than others, but generally speaking it will run somewhere in the 30,000-50,000 nuyen range.

((Some options:

Econovan - lots of seating (10) which can be removed to accommodate what you need. Also comes with a minifridge that could be useful for storing certain medicines, blood bags or whatever. costs 30,000

GMC Universe - Also lots of seating (16), slightly better pilot rating, no minifridge but the cost is the same at 30,000

GMC Bulldog - same thing chougou has. It's an armored beast, but smaller than the above two with seating for 6. costs 35,000

Ares Roadmaster - Basically an armored personnel carrier. Seats 8, has insane armor. Costs 52,000

There are other things like SUV's, station wagons, food trucks, etc. but I think for an ambulance these are probably a good mix of price and size))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

(ooc: There's a couple of nice blimps in Unfriendly Skies.  The Skyswimmer isn't fast, but it's basically a floating RV with 14 body so could be easily modified into what you want.  It's only 180,000.  It's odd that SR's vehicle rules have always been so loose, but generally you are looking for high body as that determines seating, and stuff like Valkyrie Modules count as Body mods.)
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 pm

ok regardless of which one I pick I have some saving to do if I want to afford one. im also going to increase my build/repair up by one each. so for skills its 2x level right? so 2-3 would be 6 karma and from 3-4 is 8 karma for a total 14 karma right?
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm

and im all set on how much the initial costs for the building is, but what im not sure about is my monthly with me living in the firehouse will my lifestyle will change or stay the same? I just wanna be sure that im not cheating or messing anything up or make anything more difficult then it has to be.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

WuJen wrote:(ooc: There's a couple of nice blimps in Unfriendly Skies.  The Skyswimmer isn't fast, but it's basically a floating RV with 14 body so could be easily modified into what you want.  It's only 180,000.  It's odd that SR's vehicle rules have always been so loose, but generally you are looking for high body as that determines seating, and stuff like Valkyrie Modules count as Body mods.)

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm

((@Ichigo - I mentioned it somewhere already before, but if you are living in the building, knock off 20% of your regular lifestyle, whatever it is. That part takes care of your rent since you are already paying for the building, your karma costs are correct though))

New Missions Available:

3A - To Heir is Human

After experiencing a rather cryptic, drug induced vision, Sato is clear on one thing. His inugami wants him to kill someone at the penthouse suite of the Aman hotel sometime around midnight on the 30th, roughly 4 days from now. It is a luxury hotel with high security and a very tight lip about their potential customers. There is one thing clear about this is that it will be a very difficult and dangerous infiltration with no pay to speak of beyond the experience.... ((high karma reward if successful. Deadly combat likely. Number of runners: 1-3))

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

The ghostly astral projection of Harumi appears in your HQ. A look of concern is on her face as she looks about for those who visited her farm not too long ago. She finds Wujen, Sun and Torpor and says, "Oh good! I've found you. You said that you would come to help if I asked and well, I am asking. There is a creature who has taken residence near our peach farm. She has kidnapped a couple of my people and I have been unable to figure out how to even enter her residence, much less rescue them. Please, if you could send some people to help save those who have been kidnapped and drive the creature away, I would most appreciate it." ((A sort of tripy weird adventure with perhaps a minor bit of combat. Puzzle solving skills will be more important than archetypes. Number of runners: 3-4))

3C - The ties that bind us

A package arrives at the HQ addressed to Chougou. Within it are three, heavy, black, metallic collars and a note. It reads:
    Place this collar around your neck and up to two others that you trust. If you do, 24 hours from now you and whoever you choose to join you will each be paid 30,000 nuyen in advance for a time sensitive job. Details will be given to you upon acceptance.
    ((Job will be dangerous, but good pay. No particular skill set required, but combat expected. Number of runners: 1-3))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm

I could go for any of the 3. Wow this is tough. As much as I love to help Chou I would have to say helping Harumi ranks high. If Chou's job is finished quickly enough we could probably still help Harumi, but I'm kind of worried now.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm

RP wise, Harumi gets my help. WuJen always keeps his word. I feel like my skills would best suit the infiltration, though WuJen is a bit idealistic for killing folks that way. Chougous's mission screams we are about to be screwed over, which is also something likely to trigger aggression out of WuJen.

Likely Harumi is where I will end up.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Sam doesn't love the idea of being so far from the city, but a trippy puzzle solving adventure does seem way more up his alley than combat heavy/dangerous missions.

He would like to help his friends though. Maybe he can do a quick hack for Sato, to try to get some preliminary info from the hotel, before heading to the farm?

((I'm going to go with choice B))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 am

Mission 3A doesn't sit well at all with Sun. He's not an assassin, and considering his code of honor quality, he's not just gonna let someone sitting in their sofa be killed.

Mission 3B fits Sun best, considering the duel he did with her and the respect he got for her, along with his sense of helping out those who need it. Going with that one.

Mission 3C is an alternative. It'll be fretting on Sun that he can't help out the peach farm folks, as he tries to help out whenever he can, but helping Chou out is always nice, too.

So, going with 3B. If that's not allowed, 3C. I'm not touching 3A, not even with a ten-foot pole.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:31 am

I don't know what an inugami but ichigo like sun is not an assassin and does feel right about it and im not good at infiltration so I'm out for 3a.

I would go on the 3b mission to help I feel my skills would be a better asset.

3c I'd be will to go help out chougou.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 am

GameMaster wrote:3A - To Heir is Human

After experiencing a rather cryptic, drug induced vision, Sato is clear on one thing. His inugami wants him to kill someone at the penthouse suite of the Aman hotel sometime around midnight on the 30th, roughly 4 days from now. It is a luxury hotel with high security and a very tight lip about their potential customers. There is one thing clear about this is that it will be a very difficult and dangerous infiltration with no pay to speak of beyond the experience.... ((high karma reward if successful. Deadly combat likely. Number of runners: 1-3))

As a player, I’m not into killing innocents for no reason, but this type of mission does go well with Sato’s character so I’m going to roll with it and see what happens.  Turning away at the last minute would also be an interesting result as would going up in a blaze of glory (though I really like Sato, I’m one of those players that always is fiddling with a stable of interesting backup characters).  Either James Bond or Crying Freeman - style caper would be interesting.

Sato is very up front with the team on the nature of this mission, particularly those that participated in the magical group (bonds of this nature have great weight in his ethos and he will not lie or attempt to deceive a newly sworn brother).

If no one else feels comfortable helping, I’m totally cool with that.  Sato has a lot of tricks in his bag but could use help with the legwork bit of the mission (I.e. Sam for scouting security, especially WuJen for astral security), and might end up asking a favor of WuJen to aid his escape (not to tip my hand too much, but air elementals are kind of ridiculous mobility-assisters)

Last edited by winkingchef on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 am

Yeah, WuJen is willing to help in the support role, and ultimately freeing you f on the influence of a hostile entity. You will get a pass on things it requires of you so long as it's more or less forcing you, but he is far more likely to try and destroy or seal away the thing as a long term solution rather than continuously appeasing it. It's ok to be a pr dator in the balance of things, but not to the point of wanting killing and cruelty.

So helping keep you out of harm's way on the astral plane, providing a spirits and spells before and after...sure. He just won't kill an innocent and ultimately would prefer to redeem the guilty.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Torpor is morally ambiguous. I use non lethal rounds but honestly do not have an issue with wet work. When it comes time to storm the tower, if you need the help, I am ok with it, Sato. Just let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am