Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Inside the club

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:21 pm

    Sam easily downloads the commlink's contacts.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:28 pm

    Sam sets Jeeves to sort through the contacts and flag any that might be Roku
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:43 pm

    Jeeves accesses the file without the proper password and it explodes on him, deleting the file and causing Sam's deck to spark up violently as it is filled with a stream of viral data that overheats the system. ((8 matrix damage))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm

    ((I assume I am unconscious and can’t act or speak - let me know once I can act.  I assume my driver will ferry me back to my hotel as just another drunk rich guy))

    ((OOC, I recommend we withdraw and lick our wounds.  We are partially disabled and pushing things may make it very bad - our timeline should allow us to recover))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:22 pm

    ((Yeah. I was debating trying to go for the contacts again, or to just leave it and fix my deck. I think leaving it would be best.
    But, also, let's give Nobunaka a shot at talking to her before calling it a bust. If that doesn't go well, at least Sam got a data bomb tracker thing on her deck))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:03 pm

    ((Sato is unconscious for an hour unless someone throws a stim patch on him, which I don't know if anyone has.

    Lets see how Nobunaka does for a bit, then we'll move on. Tetsu is also dealing with his own issues at the moment as well. He may give you a call you all for assistance or he may try to deal with it on his own. Will see how it goes.))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:14 pm

    If Sam has a way to flag down Sato's limo or otherwise get him home safe instead of unconscious in an alley, that's what he does. Maybe just calls a cab, if he can't flag Sato's limo. I don't know if Sam knows where Sato lives? If not he'll bring Sato back to Sam's apartment
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:47 am

    The two trolls drag the unconscious, neon-tattooed form of Sato out of the nightclub.  His hair is matted with sweat and his nose runs with blood.  The two trogs heft him up and prepare to toss him unceremoniously into the gutter.

    At that precise moment, a limousine smoothly pulls up to the curb.  The car is so black it seems to suck up all the light, and polished so well that the Trolls can see every blemish in their pock-marked skin.

    They hesitate.

    The rear door hisses open, revealing an immaculate interior of leather and Alcantara.  The privacy partition slides down soundlessly, revealing the man behind the wheel.  He wears a chauffeur’s cap and placid facial expression.

    He makes eye contact with the trolls and glances down at the seat meaningfully.  

    The two trolls carefully deposit the unconscious man on the leather, taking care to avoid smearing blood on the Alcantara header.

    The chauffeur gives the slightest nod of gratitude at the two and starts to turn to go.

    At that moment, an overweight, sweaty man with a worn backpack pushes his way past the trolls and sits on the back seat.

    The driver’s head snaps back and he regards the interloper with suspicion - he seems to be more concerned about the Chee-krill-O orange dust on the man’s fingers than anything else...or more precisely, how many crevices of his immaculate car that cursed dust will despoil.

    “I...I...I...I’m with S-s-s-sato” he stammers.

    The man narrows his eyes briefly as he sizes up the man for a moment, now considering him from a threat perspective to his client.  After a moment, he seems satisfied that Sam is the least threatening person imaginable. He then nods the tiniest nod before turning his eyes back to the road.

    The door hisses shut and the partition rises.  Sam noticed there is enough of a crack left so the driver can listen for any sounds of foul play from the back seat.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:03 pm

    ((please avoid including the actions of other players/npcs in your posts))

    The burly guards escorting Sato out are actually human as trolls are frowned upon in this part of town, but the fancy limo does show up to pick up Sato and Sam. Sato eventually wakes up during the drive. He does not feel well, but he'll survive. ((lucky roll! Sato heals up 4 stun))

    It is around this time that Sam receives a frantic recorded from Tetsu asking Sam if he can come to Tetsu's current location and scrub some surveillance video. Tetsu has obvious blood stains on his face and clothing, and appears to be cleaning something up. He hangs up abruptly, but Sam has the address of a nearby love hotel, along with a room number to go to.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:12 pm

    "Hey, Sato. Glad to see you, uh... Conscious. Sorry I couldn't help more. I got a data bomb um. A tracker. I put a, uh, tracker on Akane. So, hopefully that's um. Hopefully we can find her again."

    "Hey, I just got a, uh... A panicked call from Tetsu? He seems like he needs some of the old Sam uh, expertise. Mind dropping me by here? I'll try to drop by after to fix your, uh, commlink." He shows Sato the address.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:02 pm

    Sato tries to sit up straight and clean up a little bit by wiping his face, straightening his clothing and smoothing his hair into place. He’s only partially successful as a few locks of hair stubbornly refuse to get in line with the rest of his impressive coif of hair.

    “Yes, Sam. Those are all good suggestions. Let’s get to Tetsu and see what’s going on there.”

    Sato taps on the partition and instructs his driver to go to Tetsu’s position (carefully!)

    “I will probably need your expert help on a commlink recommendation - this one is a throw-away that shouldn’t be worth your time. Let’s talk later - we can use the mocrotransceiver for now.”
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:08 pm

    Within minutes you arrive at the love hotel and meet Tetsu wandering the hallways. He is soaking wet and holding a large bundle wrapped in his jacket... ((you two can shift over to Tetsu's thread, "outside the club." I'll leave this one for Nobunaka to deal with his negotiations and see how he does when he gets the chance to respond.))
    avatar
    McThunder

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-08-14

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by McThunder on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:08 pm

    (Ok, I'm back.. Sorry for the long absence) Nobu takes a seat next to Akane, leans in and says "In that case, I do offer a specific set of skills. Some like to call it muscle for hire but I prefer to call it a 'showing of respect'."

    He leans/scoots in closer and puts his arm on the back of Akane's chair. "In any case, your reputation might take a hit because of the disruption earlier and for that, I'm willing to give you a sampler, would you like to see for yourself?"

    He smiles warmly, "Unless you have other specific needs."


    Last edited by McThunder on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:01 pm

    Akane is unimpressed by Nobunaka's words. ((defaulting negotiation check fails on his 2 charisma)) She says, "I am not worried about some dumbass slipping into the system. The only one losing face is this bar for having security that is weak enough to be hacked. I'll be sure to take that up with management when I am in a calmer mood.

    "At any rate, I don't need a goon squad. I'm not sure who you think I am or why you would think that I would have need of such services. I'm just a girl trying to have a good time at a bar. While you come to me with an impressive gun show, you kind of smell like a Cowboy. Why else would you come to some random girl with a story about providing bodyguarding services? Why else would you even have noticed me leaving the simsense rooms and known there was a disturbance? The question here is, what reason do you have to be trying such a story on me? Like I said, I am just a girl trying to have a good time at a bar. Certainly no one worth the time for a Cowboy to bother with."
    avatar
    McThunder

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-08-14

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by McThunder on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:22 pm

    (Nobunaka decides this one is too catty for his effort) "And you smell like drek...." Nobu says, wrinkling his nose and leaning back. "Your loss" he says as he stands and starts heading toward the exit.

    Once outside, he notices the others are gone and keys up Sam on his commlink.

    "Hey, where did you guys go?" he says.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 482
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 6/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:46 pm

    "Oh, hey Nobu," Sam replies. "I hit a data bomb from a file I got off her deck. And Sato took some wicked dump shock. So, we headed out to regroup."

    Sam considers telling him where they are currently, but realizes that they met this guy in a Cowboy office. So he decides against asking for help covering up a grisly murder on their first date.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:49 pm

    Akane rolls her eyes as Nobunaka immediately gives up trying to answer her questions, insults her and leaves. She does not make any effort to stop him and goes back to sitting by herself at the bar.

    Nobunaka emerges to find that no one is outside. According to Sam, it seems they have gone home, apparently leaving him without a ride. Thank goodness for taxis and trains...
    avatar
    McThunder

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-08-14

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by McThunder on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:32 am

    (So GM, I'm now posting on thread "Outside the Club" right? or where would you like me to?)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 am

    ((give me a little time to wrap up that thread, then we will be bringing everyone back to the main thread together. I don't think it will take too long))
    avatar
    McThunder

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-08-14

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by McThunder on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:49 pm

    ((Cool, heading over to main thread then))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:33 pm