Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Inside the club

    Share
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:25 pm

    ((Okay. So, that sounds like I couldn't disguise Sato's meat body as part of the train. Does Sato have any way to go into VR? Probably not, right? If he does, Sam is going to tell him to come into Sam's room and jack in to VR so he can send Sato's icon into the train))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:28 pm

    Sato responds to Sam's message - "As you wish - I have trodes so I can jack in too, but you will obviously be better at handling any obstacles that appear. Maybe I can tag along and give you advice?" ((does the hitchhiker program enable me to do this?))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:34 pm

    ((Okay. So, I'd like to get Sato's icon disguised as, basically, Jeeves and get him in to the train sim. Can I do this, and how?))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

    "Sato, if you don't think that's a good plan, or if you have a better plan, I'm open to other ideas."
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 pm

    ((Ideally Sam could go in to the train, too. But invisibled. So he could take care of matrix dangers if they come up.))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 pm

    ((assuming Sato has trodes to log in with, changing his icon would be a matter of first Sam sending over a copy of his avatar's appearance and then Sato using the Change Icon action. No checks are required to do this.))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm

    ((Yeah. The other stuff was the stuff I was wondering about. I don't need Sato disguised as Jeeves per se. Just any sort of butler thing. Sato can probably do that himself? But Sam doesn't mind doing it for him. The getting him into the train sim and possibly Sam going in with him invisibly was the stuff I was more asking about))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:34 pm

    ((well, he doesn't currently have a butler icon, so he would need to go off and search for one or make one from scratch, and there is no reason for him to do that if you aren't planning on making yourself known when you can just give him a copy of yours. As for getting him in, yes you can. You need one more mark on the host to give permissions to other users though.))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:42 pm

    Okay. So, Sam sends Sato a suitable butler icon, and hacks the host on the fly again.

    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 pm

    Okay, so now Sam will wait for Sato to get into his room and get all troded up and into VR. And then he'll get Sato disguised, and give him permission into the train sim, and then they can pop in to the train sim with Sato as a butler and Sam invisible.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:51 pm

    Sam sends over a copy of his avatar and gets all the permissions he needs to let Sato in.

    Meanwhile Sato has arrived in the lobby to the simsense rooms, recently acquired female in tow. He hasn't gotten her name, and she does not seem to mind about that at all. A virtual maid approaches the pair and gives a deep bow before saying, "Greetings honored guests. Would you like me to direct you to a room? There will be a small fee of 5 nuyen per 15 minutes."
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm

    "Yes miss, we would be happy to have a private room...how do we tell which one is which?"

    ((Do I need to enter the same physical room as Akane in order to enter the same "Public Train" simsense?))

    Sato messages Nobunaka and Tetsu : "Here's where Akane is.  Still no sign of Rokudenashiko.  I'm going in to simsense with Sam to find out more.

    After that, he enters the Public Train simsense the most efficient way.  ((if he has to enter the same room to enter the public train simsense, he'll stagger in pretending to be drunk in case she has bodyguards who aren't jacked in))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 pm

    The maid says, "All rooms here are private. I will take you to one of the rooms and then your commlink will have a number reminder in case you have to briefly leave and come back. Please follow me." She then leads Sato and his companion to one of the rooms. Once there, the girl starts browsing through the scenes and asks Sato, "Do you have any preference? I have kind of always wanted to try the tower scene. One of us is trapped in a tower while the other is a hero that comes to the rescue. What do you think?"

    ((if you don't have permission to enter the room, yes you need to physically enter. Sam has taken care of permissions though so you can enter via avatar.))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:35 pm

    “How about a secret agent fantasy? We disguise ourselves as servants and plan a heist on a train?”
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 pm

    The girl scratches her head and says, "Isn't robbing a train more like a cowboy thing? And why servants? Don't secret agents wear nice suits or whatever? Like that Victorian guy. The one with the license to kill. Um... James Powers! That's it! Got a thing for Powers girls? I can be a Powers girl. I'll be the elusive villain: Honey Pots. There must be an evil lair scene in here somewhere..."

    She then flicks through to see if she can find one.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 pm

    “As you wish m’dear.  I’ll need you to be the villainess turned by his charms.  I have a role for you to play.”
    ((Sato checks the era of the “Public Train” simsense to see if the James Powers Victorian garb will fit in)).

    ((Assuming it’s 19th century Victorian as the girl says))
    ((To Sam))
    “Sam, here’s a shot of a 19th century tuxedo and a fancy Victorian woman’s dress.  Can you make an icon like that?  I’m happy to pay if you can find it.”



    Last edited by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm

    ((Jesus, I know where all of Wujen’s luck went))
    avatar
    McThunder

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2018-08-14

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by McThunder on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:49 pm

    Receiving Sato's message on Akane's location on his commlink, Nobunaka says, "So, should I press her for info? My methods are less than.. pleasant."

    " I get the sense that you guys don't want to go that route just yet, so I'll let you work your angle first" he says with a smirk.

    Nobunaka grabs a table closer to the entrance.. just in case she tries to bolt.
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:01 pm

    Sam doesn't really have the time to make an icon like the one that Sato is describing, so he does his best to find a prefab one available for download.
    Matrix search
    Sam Dekker carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:18 am

    ((Game World Note: Victoria is a country. When someone says "Victorian", it is kind of this world's vague equivalent of the British. No relation to the period of Queen Victoria's reign in England on our earth.))

    Sato realizes that the type of role play that the girl has in mind would involve a tuxedo for him and something like a silk robe for her. Not some old-timey fancy dress. Sam does a search for icons and finds something that vaguely works. But usually icons are lovingly crafted by their users and take time to make, the icons Sam comes up with are not that. They are sloppy fan art from someone's matrix page. Free, and good enough for the purpose, but not something one would be proud of.

    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:29 am

    ((Do they fit with the "Public Train" simsense the target is running in? Sato believes he can talk this girl into just about anything...but that could just be his self-confidence talking...a trait he shares with Mr. Powers.))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 am

    ((Sam didn't get a detailed look at the scene, just the title, but your guess is probably not. Then again, people here seem to be pretty free spirited about their styles, so they may not care.))
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by winkingchef on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 am

    Sato winks at the girl, "I like your style...Agent Powers it is. Who knows, maybe I'll have to rescue you."

    He selects the Public Train simsense, helps her jack in and then slips on his own trodes. Before he falls unconscious, he patches Sam in to his comms and sends a note to the group : "OK, I'm going in - Sam, I will need your help."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:08 am

    ((Just to make sure you understand, you would be activating the scene for your room. To connect to the other group's scene, you need to get your avatar over to their room))
    avatar
    Sam Dekker

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2018-07-03

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:16 am

    ((Out of curiosity... If we were to try to keep this ruse on Random Girl going, what would it take for Sam to intercept them starting up their simsense room and actually sending them into the other simsense train without her noticing that's what happened? Would I have to hack Sato's room? Or Random Girl's deck? Or some other thing?))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Inside the club

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:05 pm