Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
Torpor
RafV
WuJen
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime after mission

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime after mission - Page 4 Empty Re: Downtime after mission

Post by WuJen Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:30 am

GameMaster wrote:
    Torpor wrote:Time frame is acceptible.
    Again do i notice to what extent my magic toolbox helps me with the work. (Again taking note for future reference)

The toolbox doesn't seem to do anything that you can tell. Just lucky coincidences keep happening while you work. You aren't sure if it's your imagination or what. Tools and materials just seem to be where you need them, when you need them, even if you don't remember putting them there.

We need to remember to mention if I see anything unusual about the various magic items laying around next time I'm perceiving astrally.

I don't know if I've been around that tool box in particular, but I've definitely seen that staff Sun has from astral space, because I switch to astral perception in every fight or even if it seems like we might run into trouble.

For that matter, Tatsuo might have mentioned something, since she is dual natured.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 am

Torpor wrote:I order it through my gun contact them.  Not sure how the cost varies.  Let me know how much it costs.  

You are close enough friends with him that he waives the finder's fee and just charges you 675 for it
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:51 am

WuJen wrote:
    GameMaster wrote:
    Torpor wrote:Time frame is acceptible.
    Again do i notice to what extent my magic toolbox helps me with the work. (Again taking note for future reference)

The toolbox doesn't seem to do anything that you can tell. Just lucky coincidences keep happening while you work. You aren't sure if it's your imagination or what. Tools and materials just seem to be where you need them, when you need them, even if you don't remember putting them there.

We need to remember to mention if I see anything unusual about the various magic items laying around next time I'm perceiving astrally.

I don't know if I've been around that tool box in particular, but I've definitely seen that staff Sun has from astral space, because I switch to astral perception in every fight or even if it seems like we might run into trouble.

For that matter, Tatsuo might have mentioned something, since she is dual natured.

You can try assensing the staff or toolbox, if you like.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 pm

And I would, if I knew about them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm

WuJen wrote:And I would, if I knew about them.

Well, that's up to them if they want to show and tell.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm

The team sees very little of Sato during the following week - he claims he's working nights as a bartender (but doesn't specify where).

You do get a message from him on the first day "Let me know if you need me to track down any gear for you - I have a...friend who can get discounts on lightly-used restricted gear"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm

After spending hours working on the ammo, and getting so much done.  Looking at the tool box wondering how this amazing thing helps him do work,  it occurs to him.  WuJen!

Torpor sends a message to Wujen over comms, "I have this cool toolbox i use when i work.  I am pretty sure it is magical,  could you take a look at it for me? I can meet you at the noodle shop,  or you could come to my place?"
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Chougou is sufficiently freaked out by the message and spends his time freaking out on the Matrix trying to find anything that would indicate someone that knows him form his past. It's likely fruitless I imagine. So he's just freaked out. Laughing
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Ichigo pay for rent if he hasn't yet and picks up medical supplies, ichigo also gets and leaves a contact number. Later that day he sends a text to WuJen saying" hey if you guys need anything let me know if I can help?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Over the next week or two...

Chougou is feeling a little paranoid, but nothing further seems to come from the e-mail. He is unsure whether this is a good or bad thing though.

Torpor at some point comes to Wujen asking if he can figure out anything further about his mysterious toolbox. ((go ahead and make an assensing check))

Sato is left to his own devices by his employers. They are content to simply have him around, being their lucky rabbit's foot, and do not assign him the type of grunt work that those of his rank would typically get. As Wujen and Sam's fame grow due to the news reports, Sato is given orders to maintain a relationship with the two of them. Sam in particular as he appears to have the favor of a powerful politician which is always a useful connection to have. They do not seem to have much interest in Chougou as he is not human, but they approve of the group's plans to make some kind of community center as well as Sato's plans to be involved in it, provided the group's business does not interfere with their own.

Sam finds Muku wanting to spend more time with him than usual, and being more insistent that he spend time with Hanako. Hanako sends Sam an e-mail apologizing for her mother's pushiness. She says she wouldn't mind going out for coffee sometime if the "big shot hero" has the time for her though.

Wujen, Torpor, Sun and Sato spend some time looking at locations for their center. They find an agent who says she will get them a list of places that meet their criteria and arrange viewings with the current owners within a few days.

Ichigo and Tetsu, apparently accepted by the group, await work to come in. Eventually, it does.

((note that unless you are changing your living arrangements in some way, you don't need to pay a lifestyle payment yet, you are about half a month away from that))

Job 1

The first job comes in the form of an e-mail to Wujen, Chougou and Sam. It is apparently a request from the police to assist with capturing a hacker. Ideally they would like the aid of another hacker with this job, but anyone who is willing to do a little bounty hunting is welcome. The job will pay for up to 4 people to assist on the job. Those interested should report to the headquarters in Harubuya for more information.

Job 2

The second job actually comes from Crazy Carl. He says that he has a package that a customer needs delivering to the Kita Barrens. Security there is Z rated, so normal courier services won't do the delivery. He'll pay for up to 5 people to go. If you are interested, come by his shop as soon as possible.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Chougou would like to accept the offer but confers with Sam and Wujen first. He sends a cc to them:

"Might be good for the bottom line, I kind of overindulged in noodles recently..."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm

((Chougou, if you want to take the other job, you can. You don't have to take the first one just because the email was sent to you. Or, if you want to do the first one, you can do that. Just making sure you realize you have the choice.))

Sam will take the first job. But he'll wait to see who else would like to take it with him before proceeding
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

((either one could be fun, but I don't have any delivery drones...I guess I could help everyone to drive them there? Is that a needed thing? If the other group thinks that I can be useful to them there then I will go with that one. Although I'd like to get better at hacking, driving is probably my highest skill at the moment. Very Happy))
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:22 pm

"Someone's gonna have to keep this town safe. Since the cowboys are incompetent. I'll tag along and watch the hacker's backs. Make sure the cowboys don't doublecross 'em."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:23 pm

WuJen agrees to give the Toolbox the Hairy Astral Eyeball, especially as its good practice for his Enchanting that he has been recently learning.
    HAE Roll:
    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime after mission - Page 4 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 4 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 1 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 6 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 6 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 4 , Downtime after mission - Page 4 4

"OK, Looking at the work requests...

Sam and ChouGou are obviously the best choice for the Hacker Job.  It seems like it might be a good fit for Tetsu as well, since at this point it's largely legwork and investigation which could benefit from his background at Cowboy.  I lean to sending Sato with them as well, as his social skills will likely be of use, though I know Sato enjoys interacting with Crazy Carl."

"That leaves Sun, Torpor, Ichigo, with myself and Tatsuo to head into the Kita Barrens, and feeling a little light at that.  I can bring a Spirit with me as some extra muscle.  We could likely benefit from the presense of one of Chougou's heavier drones and maybe some spy drones too, if he does not mind splitting his attention a bit."

"We may need to adjust some things when more details are known, like if the Hacker turns out to be a Jianshi or we need more hacking power of our own in the Barrens, but this seems like a good start to me."

"For one, we need whatever details the police have to get a start on the Hacker.  I'm sure if it was simple they'd figure it out themselves.  Still, I like legal paying work, so how complex can it be?"

"From Karl, we need to know what's being delivered, to whom.  He is sketchier than an art supply store despite his undeniable charm.  At the very least we need to know how big and heavy the box is, and see about arranging whatever transport may be required.  I also want to know about that area of the barrens--- What's likely to try and eat us while we are there?"

"Ok, so Thoughts?"

Last edited by WuJen on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 pm

(ooc: Bah, I had 5 successes, but someone beat me to the post button.  Smile )

Ok, scrolling up EVERYONE beat me to the post button, and pretty much came up with the plan I was formulating...

And then I forgot about the dice roll at the top, and edited it to say "Thoughts?".  I'm an idiot.  I think it kept the 3 successes with the edit though.  I can just fail or try again later if you like.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Wujen knows that Z rated areas tend to have shitty matrix connections so if Chougou is going to be sending drones there, it is better for him to actually be physically there. If he were to remotely send a drone, he could lose the signal very easily, but if he is in the area, he can connect to them directly with his RCC.

Also public transport doesn't stop in Z rated areas (as Wujen, Sun, and Torpor recall from the rather brutal train ride) so you may need a ride unless you plan on walking. Chougou has his van so he probably makes for good transport unless he wants to lend it out to one of you (can any of you drive?).

Everything you know about the area can be found here.

Wujen's attempt at assensing the toolbox leads him to believe that the toolbox is an awakened living creature. Beyond that he has no idea what the heck it is. It clearly doesn't open like a normal toolbox, though picking it up and shaking it certainly sounds like one.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Chougou thinks it over and agrees that he will probably be of best use being transport and backup with heavier drones just in case things go south, his Matrix skills are in need of development.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Sato opens the door to the roof deck of the Community Center and walks out onto the tarpaper roof. The sun is setting to the west - the sky is a riot of reds, oranges and purples.

He carries a flimsy plastic chair with him and sets it down so he can lean against the wall surrounding the stairwell.   He lights a cigarette and watches the sun set over Mingmei - lights turning on in a feeble resistance against the rapidly approaching darkness.

I like our little group, but we need money.  We've got two jobs and should probably chase both and they may look to me to help divvy them up.  I'm not sure how anyone could do Mission #2 without a vehicle, so Chougou may need to go that way.

I'd like to make up for my earlier spats with Sam, so I think I will volunteer for #1 to improve my relationship with him.  His easy access to information and my ability to use it as leverage to open doors could be a very powerful partnership if I can thicken my skin against his barbs.

Regardless, I have to be very careful with the cops - I should disguise myself well before heading to the station

He sends a message :
    “I’m in for either but favor chasing the hacker.”

Last edited by winkingchef on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 am

(ooc:  Awww...man....   Who wants to bet we are delivering something to the toxic ghouls and not the nice friendly metahuman adept gang?  Though to be honest, other than the toxic part the ghouls didn't seem all that bad.  I mean they have a hate group as their preferred meal...)

Ok, so Chougou comes to the barrens since he's got the van and the drones. We want to leave it like that with Sato (or Satou?  My eyes aren't great and I often can't read the screen well, but it seems I've seen you use both), Sam and Tetsu starting that investigation?

The Barrens trip may not take as long, but it seems like a higher chance of it becoming an all hands on deck situation.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 am

Torpor is good to go with the trip to the Barrens. Definitely need a ride. If Chougou is going on this job as transport, null sheen. Im good to go.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 am

Sun doesn't feel much for hacking, and probably would just get in the way. He's far more comfortable with a delivery job, instead. A ride would help, though, as he doesn't know how to drive.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 am

Ichigo is beaming with excitement!! "I'll where ever you guys need me to go!!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

((so I currently have:

Job 1 - Sam, Sato, Tetsu

Job 2 - Chougou, Sun, Torpor, Wujen

Ichigo says either so more firepower for the barrens or even up the two groups? Either is fine. ))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Before we split up, Sam lends his satellite link to Chougou, in case they need to communicate ((communication between threads will probably be tricky, so let's try to minimize it some)), or if the other group just needs some matrix access for something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 am