Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Newbie Mission

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Misaki Ogawa
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Empty Re: Newbie Mission

Post by Misaki Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:51 am

"Cheers!," Misaki says, tapping her glass to Kuroi's, and also to Sudo's when he arrives.

She takes a sip and savors the sweet, tart, and rich flavors of the whisky sour.

"Ughhhhh, I think I'm going to need like five of these."

"Hi, I'm Nebula," the teenage girl says to Dash and Spyder, a bit bashful and cautious after Spyder revealed that Dash is a big flirt.

KuroiHitsuji likes this post

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kuroi Hitsuji / Theodore Anderson
    Physical Track: 5/11
    Stun Track: 7/10

Post by KuroiHitsuji Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:06 am

Kuroi smiles at Sudo's comment, and clinks his glass with Nebula's
    "Yeah I guess tableserveice is severely lacking in this fine establishment"
    "You should not take that as a negative comment Takahashi, I enjoy the atmosphere here"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 am

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Rei Tanaka"Well I mostly work in security, either testing or providing," Dash says, "You know, white hat stuff. Spyder here's a more traditional shadowrunner. Mostly wetwork. One of the reasons she gripes about me is we've been put on opposite sides of the same job once or twice and I've cost her a payday."

"You cost me 100,000 nuyen, you jerk!" Spyder growls at Dash.

Dash chuckles and says, "It's been over a year and she's still not over it."

To Kuroi, Takahashi says, "Well, if I don't know it, I'm sure I can find someone who does. Info doesn't come free though. Nor does table service."
    Newbie Mission - Page 31 Yuusuke%20Takahashi

Bandgeek2020
    Bandgeek2020

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sudo
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Bandgeek2020 Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:19 am

Sudo finishes up his drink and then stands up from the stool at the bar

"Great to meet you all. Maybe another time we can talk, cause I am beat, so I'm just gonna go sit back at my table and brose the web a little, maybe even take a nap until these two are ready to leave."

After this Sudo makes his way back over to the table and lays his head down in his arms like he's taking a nap while the others continue on and after he gets situated, hops into hot sim to do a little digging on the matrix.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 am

"So Dash you are the spider*, you could give Spyder half the damage you've caused"

Kuroi turns to Takahashi

"Well Takahashi, I'll show you a picture and if you know anything you give me a price for the info?"
    Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:22 am

"Well, I hope I never have to stare down any runners I know personally," Misaki said. "Not that I've done a whole lot, but Mingmei's a big place, you know?"

"Do you guys usually work in a steady team?"

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:25 pm

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Rei TanakaDash seems confused by Kuroi's comment, not quite sure what he is trying to say, but doesn't say anything on the matter. To Misaki, he says, "It's a big town, but small community. Sooner or later you end up meeting everyone worth meeting in our line of work as it's not all that uncommon for multiple people with different interests to be after the same thing. The bigger the job, the more likely it is for that to happen. The biggest obstacle to work one can have to deal with is your own co-workers."

"It's one of the reasons I like to work in a regular group, though I do a lot of solo work too. Spyder almost exclusively works solo. You looking to join a crew?"

Takahashi says to Kuroi, "Yep. I'll give you a price even if I don't currently have the info."

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Misaki sipped on her whiskey sour.

"Yeah, the last crew I worked with disbanded because a few folks struck it rich on a big score."

"I'd like to find a new crew, or at least meet a handful of runners who legit and trustworthy, you know? So far, I've met a few," Misaki chuckled, poking Kuroi in the shoulder.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:20 pm

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Rei Tanaka"Well, I doubt you'd be much of a fit for my crew," Dash says, "You don't seem like the type. You can ask around here but most of the groups are pretty tight and cliquish, sticking to people they know and trust. Trust is hard to come by and probably the most valuable asset a team can bring to the table. You hear of any crews looking for folk, Takahashi-san?"

The bartender rubs his chin and says, "Not exactly. I did hear there's some folk using a community center as a front for some shadow business. Mostly 'feel good' jobs for the downtrodden from what I hear, but they fund themselves with some of the usual skullduggery as well. Some of their folk made the news in a good way a couple of months back. Mayor showed them off for their work and everything. Took down some weird jumping monster that was eating folks' souls, as I recall. It was a big thing at the time, but I've not heard of anything they've been up to since. Anyway, they seem like they're establishing themselves and could probably need more help. I've met a handful of them here before. Remember the girl with the crazy cyber legs and the other folk who were with her the other day?"

Spyder says, "Oh yeah, I remember them. Seemed nice."  

Dash says, "Had a guy and some hacker with her too, as I recall. I only briefly chatted with them before they headed to the karaoke room."

Takahashi says, "Yeah, those are the ones. The hacker came here initially looking to join XYZ then came back with friends. Last night one of their mages joined as well. Been keeping tabs on them both."

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 am

"Can you give me a price for knowing more about her?"

Kuroi turns his phone a shows a picture of the Johnson from earlier to Takahashi

"She seems unsavoury"
    Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:22 am

"Not the type?," Misaki replied to Dash, wrinkling her nose. "Obviously, your crew could use more style and more cool."

Misaki chuckled.

"I'm messing with you. What's 'type' of people are in your crew?"

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Rei TanakaTakahashi looks at the image and says to Kuroi, "Ah, her. Yeah, I recognize the face. How much the info costs depends on how much you want to know about her. I can give you some basic info for 100 nuyen. Who she is, where she works, that sort of thing. If you want deeper info, I'll need some information of equal or greater value and some time to do some research. I'll even throw in membership to XYZ at no extra charge."

Dash says to Misaki, "Let's just say that if you were the type, our leader would have contacted you. He is always on the lookout for individuals with very specific types of skills."

Meanwhile Sudo's browsing around the matrix for info on the person in the image and comes across a recent news clip.

Bandgeek2020
    Bandgeek2020

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sudo
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Bandgeek2020 Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Misaki and Kuroi get a ping on their commlinks from Sudo with a link to the news clip

>>>>>>>Gonna take a guess Zendo is gonna be a part of that "cure" that she was talking about. I know ghouls are a strange sort, and I don't really see a corp taking any care in actually solving a problem like that even if she has this probably angel blood of Zendo for it. Something tells me we're gonna see her again sometime and in a much less happy attitude with a lot less Zendo in her company.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:13 am

Kuroi takes a sip from his beer

"Well Takahashi what if I give you the 100 Nuyen now, for the basic stuff."
    Kuroi sighs
    "But I would still want the big info package also. What kind of info would you want from me"
    Kuroi tapes another sip, then adjusts his shirt.
    "Oh yeah about the membership, What is XYZ?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:08 am

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Rei Tanaka

Newbie Mission - Page 31 Kumano Su
    Takahashi says, "Then I'll given you the basic stuff when you pay 100 nuyen and deeper stuff when you provide interesting information. As for what that would consist of, it would be the kind of stuff that other people are willing to pay for. Secrets about people of importance that they wouldn't want their enemies to get their hands on. Vulnerabilities to systems that can be exploited. Plans for buildings that aren't public domain. The location of something valuable that people might be looking for. You know, valuable information.

"If you're going to get far in the biz, you should be able to figure out what is and isn't valuable intel. Just be sure that whatever information you give me is accurate and don't go shopping it around to other brokers. Information is only valuable if it's both accurate and secret. This will sound harsh, but depending on the info, lives could be on the line. If the info you give me turns out to be bogus or I find out that you have been trying to sell it to multiple people, I'll be expecting compensation equal to the false information provided. You can expect similar compensation should any information I give you prove to be inaccurate.

"Just so we are understand one another, the price for information can be substantial and should compensation be required of you, there are more than enough folk going through this bar who would have no issue with ensuring you settle your debts one way or another."

Dash chuckles and says, "Way to get dark on the newbies, Takahashi-san. Don't mind him, he's a big teddy bear."

Spyder smirks and says, "But he's not lying about paying debts. He really doesn't like getting screwed over by idiots with fake info or who try to play games for extra money. There was a decker named Codestorm who tried selling some fake reports that he made up but supposedly stole from a server. Then there was Burglar, who got the plans to a military R&D base and tried to sell them to every data broker in town."

Dash raises an eyebrow and says, "I think I remember those two. Haven't seen them in ages. So what happened?"

Spyder grins, a pair of retractable fangs dropping into place as she does so. "I said was." she replies.

Dash opens his mouth, pauses, then says, "That would explain why I've not seen them in a while. I'll not bother to ask if it was you who were hired, but I suppose if there's one person they see last before leaving this world, at least it was a stunning beauty like you."

Spyder rolls her eyes and shoots Dash in the face with webbing in an attempt to shut him up. While the shot is perfectly on the mark, it never hits Dash. What happens exactly is unclear, but he seems to simply be sitting in one spot one split second, and then sitting in another the next. No one even sees him move as it all happens so fast. Spyder retracts the webbing into her wrist and says, "I really hate you."

Dash snickers and says, "And yet, you still keep coming to this bar to see me."

"It's not to see you," Spyder replies, "This just happens to be my favorite spot and I'm not going to rearrange my life because you're annoying."

Takahashi watches the display and says, "Yes, they are always like this. You were asking about XYZ though. It's a private matrix forum where professionals freely discuss business. Members, content and access are very carefully moderated so everyone accessing it can trust both the things that are said and the people who are saying them."

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:15 am

"Oh... meh," Misaki replied to Dash, seeming dismayed by the straightforward answer. "Well I suppose I have to make more of a name for myself then."

She turned her attention towards Kuroi and Takahashi.

After the description of XYZ, she added in: "Sounds like that's worth 100 nuyen."

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:31 am

Takahashi says, "You misunderstand. The XYZ access is part of the 'deeper info'. Normally I require information as payment for access by itself. This would be a two-fer. Give me some useful intel and I get you both deep info and the XYZ access."Newbie Mission - Page 31 Yuusuke%20Takahashi

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:02 am

Misaki frowned.

"I think just Kuroi knows what's in the agreement between the fixer and Johnson, on what we could talk about."

"The home we just visited though, that's probably not part of any agreement," Misaki looks to Kuroi questioningly.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:46 am

"I believe you are correct Nebula, and now that we have delivered on our part, I do not mind sharing it Takahashi, as long as you or Sudo share what you know, I will only confirm or deny the info you share"

Last edited by KuroiHitsuji on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm

"A home you say?" Takahashi asks, "Whose home are we talking about? As you can easily imagine, the owner of said home makes a big difference in the value of the information. Some squatter's shack ain't worth jack, but a VIP's home could have some value."Newbie Mission - Page 31 Yuusuke%20Takahashi

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Misaki nods.

"Yes, our recent job took us into Baba Yaga's chicken hut. We can spill some details. I'm sure the scoop could be useful for someone. How does that sound?"

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm

Takahashi furrows his brow, not quite understanding what Misaki's talking about. "I'm not particularly familiar with the person myself. What's interesting about where she keeps her chickens that someone would want to pay for it?"Newbie Mission - Page 31 Yuusuke%20Takahashi

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:05 am

"You haven't heard of Baba Yaga? She's a powerful hag that lives in the forest. I bet some chummers would for sure want the scoop on her."

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 am

"Suppose there might be some magic types that might be interested in her. But I don't know about her chickens or the hut she keeps em in.."Newbie Mission - Page 31 Yuusuke%20Takahashi

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Misaki takes a sips of her whisky sour.

"So how do we do this, I just tell you what we know here and now?"

She sits straighter like she is preparing to tell a story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:52 am