Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Empty Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens

Post by GameMaster Sat May 16, 2020 7:08 pm

8/24

It's a chilly fall evening. A cold rain falls on the red and brown leaves of what few trees can be found around this dense city. Mikey receives a call from his fixer and debtor, Isadore Giddes. There are no pleasantries exchanged. He cuts straight to the point. "Meet me in 20 minutes by north entrance of the Goujasu district train station and bring friends and your pickup truck. I've work for you."

Mikey owed Isadore money up to his eyeballs and knew that if the fixer wanted to collect on it, he'd be paying an arm, a leg and probably a few organs as well. When this man demanded he show up for work, there was little choice in the matter. His list of potential shadowrunners to join him on this job was somewhat light as his last job had not gone very well. Everyone he knew was either dead, arrested, or possibly both. That is, everyone but one: Kiroki Okada, aka Rainmaker. The pair were on friendly terms, which is a good thing when asking someone to risk their life with you. Both Mikey and Kiroki were mages, though Kiroki preferred to dabble on the alchemical side of things. It wasn't the most varied skill set, but Mikey was happy to have anyone that would accept his call at this point. Mikey heads off in his pickup truck and Kiroki decides to take the train as the rain makes bike riding something of a hassle, and it didn't make the best impression to show up for a job soaking wet.

The pair arrive at the train station and see a foreigner with some heavy cyberware, smoking a cigarette as he waits under an overhang to avoid the rain. It was Isadore. Mikey and Kiroki approach him and he quickly gets to talking about the job at hand. "Good, you're on time.  The job itself is simple. An unidentified object fell from the sky and crashed in the woods at the bottom of this mountain. I have coordinates for where it crashed. I need you two to go down there, pick it up and bring it back to me, no questions asked. There will be other interested parties also seeking to retrieve it, so speed is of the essence to both claim it first and to avoid unnecessary interference. The pay is 200,000 nuyen for the job, paid upon completion. Any questions?"
    Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Isadore giddes
    TangoK

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Empty Re: Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens

Post by TangoK Sat May 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Kiroki straightens his tie and pushes his glasses up. He casts a dubious glance at his friend Mikey, Mikey had gained a bad rep as of recently, but Kiroki still trusts him, and this job for the most part seems fairly cut and dry.

"Do you have any idea how big this object is? Will we need to oragnise a way to bring it back to the city before we leave?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Empty Re: Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens

Post by GameMaster Sat May 16, 2020 8:00 pm

"No idea," Isadore says as he points at Mikey's truck, "That's why I asked little Mikey here to bring his truck. Hopefully that will be big enough to hold whatever it is that fell. I don't expect it be be larger than what the truck can handle at any rate. The object wasn't overly large, from what I know of it. If it turns out to be more than your truck can handle, just stake claim on it and keep it protected until I can think of something bigger to get it out of there."
    Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Isadore giddes
    TangoK

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by TangoK Sun May 17, 2020 2:16 am

Kiroki looks over at Mikey's truck,
    "Good, well I imagine that we should be moving as fast as we can then, I don't think we've met either, you can call me Rainmaker"
    Edward bows his head slightly, and begins to move towards Mikey's truck, waiting to see if Mikey has any questions of his own.
    raggedybun
    raggedybun

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Mikey Julian

Post by raggedybun Mon May 18, 2020 4:16 pm

"Always a pleasure, Izzy," Mikey beams, his comment and tone genuine beyond a doubt. With that he turns and joins Kiroki in the truck. The ignition whines before catching, headlights blaring down on Isadore as he backs out, headed towards the coordinates at a safe speed, lest they draw any attention from the cops.

"Thanks for coming when I called, Kiroki. There wasn't a big turn around between jobs this time, so..." he trails off, eyes flickering between the road and his passenger. "I'm sure you heard about... I gotta lot to do to earn back trust, but that's alright. No objections to playing it safe, right?"

He gives the other a playful nudge, hoping it will be well received.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon May 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Mission 6a - It Fell From the Heavens Autumn-fallen-leaves-on-wet-roadThe two of you engage in idle conversation as the truck makes its way out of the city and down the mountain. It is not a short ride at all. Just getting out of the city alone takes a good hour, but at least the autonav can pretty much handle most of that. The truck sticks to the highway, which is a good thing as it bypasses some of the sketchier neighborhoods. The Kita Barrens in particular is practically a war zone where gangs and crime have largely taken over as the poor people there can't afford to get the police to patrol the area and the police don't do anything for free.

When the highway passes over the Kita barrens, you can see the stark difference between here and the bright lights, fashionable shops and expensive high rises of the Goujasu district. The buildings below are crumbling, covered in graffiti and many of them lack electricity. Gunshots can be heard in the distance, and you specifically tune them out. Whatever it is, it's not your problem. You've a job to do.

Eventually you make it to the bottom of the mountain and the coordinates take you off road and into the woods. Years ago, this area was mostly farmland, but as people moved away to the city, the farms were abandoned and overgrown. Nature has reclaimed the land and grown hostile to civilization. The area is known to contain all sorts of strange and dangerous creatures. Your commlinks are losing signal out here, but according to your GPS, it seems you still have about a half hour drive to the crash site.
    TangoK

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by TangoK Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 am

Now that Kiroki is in the truck with Mikey, he relaxes a bit, slumping back into his chair to try and enjoy the ride, he also pulls out a small metal ball and begins fiddling with it, it seems to have a few different buttons and levers built in
    "I heard about what happened, and I don't know what happened back there so I'm not gonna judge you, but you did what any of us do right? You survived, lets just keep that hot streak going tonight" Kiroki looks up at Mikey after he finishes talking, with a half smile on his face
    "What did happen though? it's gotta be at least worth a story"
    raggedybun
    raggedybun

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Mikey Julian

Post by raggedybun Fri May 22, 2020 4:54 pm

The further out they got, the more of a beating his poor truck took. As Kiroki talks, he grips the wheel and focuses on pulling on a little bit of magic to summon some help. To his delight, a forest spirit appears, expressionless as always.

Please help protect this truck from dangers, he asks, nodding his head towards the spirit. We will leave sooner if we're protected.

It lingers a moment, before phasing through the hood of the truck. Mikey checks the mirrors to see where it went, but isn't able to find it. Letting out a small huff, he tunes back into the conversation.

"Ehhh, yeah, something like that. Uh, someone I trusted and vouched for got bad intel for whatever reason. We walked right into a fire fight. It was... Horrible." He shudders at the memory, seeming to shrink a little in his seat. "I had to cut my losses and run, the cops were already swarming. It was messy, and obviously I'm guilty by association, even if I didn't kill someone. Apparently I'm a coward now."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 pm

The spirit appears on the astral plane and listens to Mikey's commands before manifesting on the physical plane and taking a seat between the trucks occupants. It gazes out into the darkness, silently scanning for any dangers that your vehicle could encounter. Fallen logs shift aside, small pits suddenly fill with gravel, and the wheels always seem to gain proper traction whenever you hit a muddy patch. It takes an hour, but you eventually arrive at the crash site. A small, mud-filled crater is surrounded by charred trees. Nothing of interest can be seen in it, though something appears to have been dragged to the south.
    TangoK

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by TangoK Mon May 25, 2020 6:56 am

Kiroki's grows a bit more serious
    "Look man, you did what anyone would do, you're no more a coward for surviving than your team was a hero for dying."
    He examines the ball in the pouch he's been fiddling with once more and then tosses it into Mikey's lap.
    "I'm sure you can do it for yourself, but I prepped a heal, feel free to use it."

*Can I roll some sort of check to see if it looks like what crash landed is what has been dragged? And another one to see if I can spot any other vehicles or tracks?*
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon May 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Mikey and Kiroki take a look at the crash site. They notice a large circular indentation about 3-4 feet in diameter sitting in the mud on the south side of the crater. Whatever was dragged, seems to have been dragged to this point as this is were the drag marks stop. There are tire marks in the mud which you can see heading both from where you came and to the south, but your lack of tracking skills prevent you from knowing for sure which direction they are coming from vs which one they are going to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:04 am