Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 EvidencelabelAt the police station

The evidence is brought into what is basically an interrogation room with nothing in it other than a table and some chairs. Ten boxes are brought in, each containing evidence specific to their individual cases. Each piece of evidence is sealed in a baggie with individual labels that each require a signature designating exchange of custody from the clerk to the two of you. Given the amount of evidence to sign off on and the amount of time it will undoubtedly take to sign for everything, the two of you decide to only sign for commlinks since that's what you're here to look at anyway. Each case has a commlink belonging to the victim, but 2 look crushed in some kind of struggle while another 2 appear completely fried by some kind of power surge. That leaves 6 commlinks that are functional and capable of being turned on.
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 Web17-introom-1160x768
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by Deadeye Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Kin helps with Edison on whatever he needs to pull information off of the commlinks and places a call to Emiko.

"Emiko, Kin. I have to hang around to assist Edison with the victims' commlinks. If it doesn't take too long I can meet up with you after with whatever interviews you have lined up. If this takes too long, you can do the interviews solo or I can join you tomorrow."
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 5/11

Post by Edison Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Edison enters the interrogation room and thanks the clerk. He takes a moment to observe any recording devices in the room. When he is sure that he has the blind spot figured out he rolls up his jacket and lays down on the floor. Flashing a grin over at kin.

We'll do our best to keep it short.

Edison sinks deep into the Matrix, moving now at the speed of thought. His new sprite, Sapper, opens his document case and studies the devices in front of him. He confers with Edison and they agree to work together to infiltrate Kenshins Comlink first.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:23 pm

“Hello Kin. No problem, I’m scheduled to meet up later today. Just let me know if things go long or if you need my help. Good luck to you and Edison!”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:49 pm

At the police station

Edison doesn't really find any blind spots in the room. A single room is fairly easy to cover with a camera or two and the room is basically designed to make it hard for officers to potentially screw with evidence. That said, he isn't about to be arrested for cracking the commlinks. The police aren't stupid. There is little use for looking at a collection of commlinks if you aren't planning on cracking the security and examine the files inside. Police do it all the time and aren't about to arrest anyone for doing it on their behalf. The only issue comes if any of the data in the commlink is purposely changed, deleted or corrupted. Evidence must remain unchanged if it is going to be admissible in court.

Laying out all the commlinks on the desk, Edision starts with the cheapest and works his way through three phones with his sprite, cracking them with ease. The unlocked commlinks belonged to Mina Yasumi, Isei Takata, and Yoshiku Morishige. Edison copies over the data from each commlink including address books, GPS location data, pictures, messages, call logs and schedules. It's a lot of data to sort through and will take some time to start finding particularly interesting information. It will be easier if he has an angle to approach.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:19 am

With the taste of victory in his mouth, Edison decides to push his luck on two more comlinks with Sapper.

After his attempt with the second round of comlinks Edison runs a Matrix search on the files retrieved from the comlinks, looking for any sort of pattern discernible within all the data.

matrix search 7hits
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:00 am

Kin contacts Emiko.

"Hey, it looks we might be awhile. Sorry, but you should probably do the interview solo. We'll let you know what we find here once we wrap up."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:24 am

At the police station

The sprite fails to get into the 4th commlink, but it manages the 5th one just fine. All told he has the data from  Mina Yasumi, Isei Takata, Yoshiku Morishige and Makoto Aosora's commlinks. Gin Ogura and Mineko Kawamoto's commlinks remain locked while the rest of the victims' commlinks are too destroyed to get any meaningful data from.

Edison starts looking for patterns in the data, but since he's not sure what he's looking for, it is a hard process. Flipping through their pictures, he finds that each victim had an unusual pet. Mina had some kind of terrifying looking shadow dog thing,  Isei had a fox, Yoshiku had a demon rat, and Makoto had some kind of weird german shepherd thing with black fur and red eyes.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am

Specifically in the Data Edison looks for an overlap in contacts, whether they are victims or not. If any of them ever visited the same place, if they ever spent ¥ at the same place. I'd also like to know if any of them had anything significant to say about their pets.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 am

“Ok, no problem. Good luck with everything.”

Emiko leaves in time for her appointment and hopes she’ll hear from Kin or Edison before she arrives. “Any new information helps,” she thinks.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

At the police station

Edison finds no contact that is common among all 4 commlinks, nor do they say anything particularly interesting about their pets beyond the usual pet lover stuff. Some memes about how their pets are cute and the best animal in the world are about all that any of them say about them. The only purchase history that they have in common is pet food, though the type is different and the locations are also different. Mina and Yoshiku purchased rat food in at an exotic pet shop in Kinza, while the other two purchased food for their respective pets in Denki-cho.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:44 am

After deciding to split up, Kin and Edison focus on the pets shops that provided food for the rats, beginning with the pet shop specializing in exotic pets, located in Kinza. They enter the shop explaining that they are investigating pet owners of unusual rats and inquire within about the type of food the victims bought and asking some information about demon rats and devil rats behaviors and characteristics and why anyone would want to own one of those rats as pets.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 pm

While nosing around the shop Edison decides to explore the Matrix aspect of the shop.

(Matrix perception test 5 hits)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 SnakemanKinza Pet Shop

The shop is relatively small, but fancy as one would expect of a boutique shop in the Kinza district. A man with green, scaly tattoos and snakes around his neck lounges on a comfortable chair near a counter. "Welcome, come in," he says with a smile that reveals fangs and a snake-like tongue, "How can I help you today?"

Meanwhile Edison find's the shop's host, which displays the various pets available and offers food, toys, and other pet accessories to anyone who wishes to order them.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Kin and Edison enter the shop.

"Thank you. You look like an expert and just the person to answer my questions. An acquaintance of mine lost his demon rat. I guess she wanted an unusual pet. It got me to thinking. First, how does one go about acquiring a pet like that? Is that something you sell here if she can't find hers? Second, she asked me to help look for her pet. How would I look for a lost pet like that? Anyplace that they would run to? Next, I guess my friend is feeling optimistic, because when she sent me out, she asked me to get some more food. What do they eat? Finally, if I am able to find her pet, what precautions should I take in trying to capture it?"

Last edited by Deadeye on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm

The man at the desk says, "Demon rat, you say? I don't usually keep them in stock because they are aggressive and hard to train, but occasionally I get people looking for them. I don't have any currently in the store, but if you want one I know a breeder who can get me one for you. Some people just catch them, but I wouldn't recommend it. The types you find roaming about the city are usually diseased and feral. If you get surprised by a pack of them, they've been known to eat people. So if your friend lost theirs, I'd recommend not searching for it. Either it comes back home when it's hungry or it finds a pack of other rats and becomes too dangerous for an amateur to be handling. Either way, going out searching for it won't be helpful or healthy. If you really want someone to go looking for it, hire a professional. That's the only precaution you should be taking."
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

There is the face you show others and the face show yourself. Edison decides that he wants to see the face they aren't showing him. Hey asks sapper for one last request, get him into the host of the pet shop. He will take it from there.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm

"Thank you. It seems, while my friend will be disappointed, perhaps the best course of action is just to replace it. Do you have the name of the breeder? Of course, I would still go through you for a purchase. I just want to do a little research and look at his background. Plus, I guess there's always a chance that my friend wants her original pet back. She's kind of stubborn that way. If she has his heart set on finding her pet, do you know the names of any professionals that might be for hire?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:15 pm

The man at the desk says, "I do, but I don't share the contact information of my suppliers. Animal rights groups tend to come snooping around and causing trouble and rival shops try to steal my business, you know how it is. As for a professional to help with locating the rat, I do know a few pest control companies that do humane capture methods. "
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:17 pm

Meanwhile Sapper does his best to hack into the host. He manages to barely gain access then vanishes, leaving the rest of the work to Edison.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm

Edison coaxes another sprite from the resonance, this one springs forth eagerly. Together they search the host, through contacts, records, correspondence even the garbage bin.

(Matrix search 7)
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm

"Thanks, I appreciate your help. If I decide to purchase one, what would it cost me?"

While he waits for an answer, he quickly texts Emiko with an update.

>>>>>Found something interesting. Ask the person you are going to interview if the deceased had any exotic pets and make a quick call to Shuuichi Tokunaga about an exotic dog that Mina owned. I think we are expanding beyond just rats as pets. Will update when we meet.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:24 pm

The man at the desk says, "To be clear, we're talking about a demon rat, not a devil rat, right? Because the price is completely different. A devil rat is something around the 1,000 nuyen range while a demon rat is somewhere around 100,000 to 150,000 nuyen, depending on the breed. They're pretty high maintenance too. Not a pet for a casual pet owner."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 Parrot-clipart-squawk-6In the matrix

Meanwhile Edison enters the host and is immediately confronted by a squawking bird in the matrix. It shouts, "Intruder! Intruder!" and a snake appears next to it. ((Time for Edison and his new sprite to roll initiative))
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 3 Snake-kiitaros-youkai-picture-diary-116473
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 am

Emiko, while driving to her appointment, messages back:

>>>>> Interesting, will do

Before that though, Emiko downloads a Knowsoft about exotic pets.

R4: 3 hits

Emiko also does a matrix search of mages to better understand the people she is meeting and those then have been killed.

Matrix: 6 hits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 am