Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 5a - i-Sexbot

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:37 pm

The second mark is applied with ease. It will just take a little more effort and Sam should be able to power up his swarm of drones.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Emiko - 9
    Sam - 11
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:40 pm

With the aid of his trusty defunct-search engine agents, Sam attempts to place a third mark on the drone node:

Sam Dekker carried out 24 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:42 pm

((Strongly assuming that roll was successful...))

Sam powers up the drone swarm and taps into the video feed to see what it sees. He records this feed on his deck. He commands the drones to rotate 360 degrees to get a good view of everything they can see without moving them out of range of where they should be.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 pm

The final mark is placed on the drone node and Sam gains full access to the drones grouped within it. As soon as he powers up the drones and views their feeds, he sees... nothing. The drones appear to be in a closed charging bay that would likely be hidden to intruders within the factory. The node has controls for the door to the charging bay, which Sam can easily open if he wants to peek out and take a look around. The drones rest upon this door, so opening it will cause the drones to drop and automatically activate their flight subroutines.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Emiko - 9
    Sam - 17
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Sam does that.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 pm

>>>>>>aye aye Captain
    >>>>>>get it? Lol

Emiko attempts a hack on one of the nodes

Hack on the Fly, Running Silent
    Garuda (agent 1): 3 hits
    Bunta (agent 2): 4 hits
    HOTF RS (6+7+6-2): 5 hits
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Emiko attempts to put a single mark on the system and she thinks she's doing a good job when suddenly the system spots her and sends out an alert.

Meanwhile, Sam's drones drop from their charging station and provide a 360 degree view of an old factory. The machines are covered in plastic tarps that have a thick layer of dust on them. The entire area is wide open with an office on the second floor that looms above. Anyone who might be in that 2nd floor office would have a clear view of everything on the ground. No one can be seen anywhere, and judging by the dust on everything, these machines haven't been touched in years.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Emiko - 16
    Sam - 17
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Sam notices that the system has spotted Emiko. He doesn't think that the system has seen him yet, but it's time to be prepared for it.

He doesn't see any immediate danger to either of them yet, so he continues his recon. Now that they're spotted, no reason to be quite so careful. He commands the drones to do a quick search around the room, hoping to get some more detailed footage and a clearer picture of potential dangers and targets in the factory. Lycos and Jeeves help him to order the drones (9 hits rolled in Discord)

He hits his configurator button, and prepares for cybercombat.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:41 pm

Emiko knows she's been spotted and still has a moment to either prepare to be attacked or jack out. She struggles with the idea but decides the best and safest thing to do would be to get away.  

Emiko switches from Hot Sim to AR in an attempt to get away from the system. Once switched, she then jacks out.

She messages Sam:

>>>>>I am out, will work on data I found
    >>>>>Let me know if you run into trouble
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 am

Round 1, pass 1

Sam sends the drones around the factory to get a good look. It is basically just one big open room with stairs leading up to the 2nd floor office that overlooks everything. He notices the motion sensors which appear to be around the doors and windows. Though mainly he is looking for some signs of life or where the prizes may be. There is a faint path of disturbed dust that leads to a service hatch in the center of the factory. The hatch is closed, but it looks like it's been used recently. At least more so than the rest of the factory. There is an old analog key lock built into the door as well as a maglock that appears to require a pin code.

Meanwhile, a gremlin appears in front of Emiko and prepares to attack her. However, she vanishes in a puff of data before it gets the opportunity to attack her.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 21
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 am

Sam swaps attack for sleaze, and sends the drones searching again. This time, checking to see if the office seems like it is currently used.
    He has Jeeves help him with the command, but has Lycos look around for any more maglocks or drone system nodes that haven't yet been identified. (Looking for nodes corresponding to physical systems)(4 hits for control device, 5 hits for matrix perception)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:28 am

Round 1, pass 2

Sam attempts to send the drones up to examine the office, but gets an "invalid command" error. Meanwhile Lycos is searching around for maglock stuff and drones. He finds nothing as far as drones are concerned, but finds several active maglocks in the system.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 28
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 am

Sam adds a point from sleaze to data processing, and tries sending the drones to search again. This time aided by both agents. (8 hits)
    Deck is at S8 F8 D9 A2 now, for those keeping track
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:43 am

Sam manages to regain control of the drones and send them up to the office. Peeking inside a window, he sees a pair of guards chatting over a box of donuts and coffee. One seems to notice the drones flying outside the window. He taps the other on the shoulder and points. 

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 30
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:50 am

Sam sends the drones to look around for the other four drones locations. (8 hits)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Sam flies the drones around the ceiling and manages to find one more trap door nicely hidden in the ceiling. Meanwhile the guards are talking to each other. One appears to be speaking into a commlink, looking really frantic about it..

In the matrix, the gremlin idly stands by, not doing anything in particular.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 33
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Sam does some back of the napkin calculations, and decides that he has a 75% chance of randomly guessing a node different from the one that he just found out of the remaining 4 drone nodes.

He probably didn't find all of the drone nests in this room, though. So, his chances of choosing a useful node drops. Hopefully, there are more of these drones kept in the area where it seems like work is actually being done, and his chances of choosing a useful node to hack are closer to 75% than to 10%.

Jeeves and Lycos do their best to help Sam hack two marks onto one of the unmarked drone nodes.

((Lycos 3 hits, Jeeves 4 hits. 18 (dicepool) - 4 (two marks) +7 (teamwork) = 21))
    Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Sam easily manages a couple of marks on another one of the nodes. While the system hasn't found him yet, he feels like that is going to happen really really soon as a little furry creature scurries about from gear to gear, looking for the source of trouble. The guards in the office are flailing frantically as they talk at the commlink, apparently concerned about the drones wandering about outside the office that shouldn't be.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 35
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Sam attempts to hack a third mark onto the node

Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm

The final mark comes so easily it is almost as if there is no security trying to stop Sam at all. He punches through the security and once again powers up the drones and gets a black video feed. Activating the drop hatch, the drones fall from their charging station and land on the head of a security guard, who freaks out and flails his hands around his head in surprise. This knocks the drones a bit off guard for a moment, but they eventually stabilize, allowing Sam a glimpse at a long hallway with stairs on one end, a door on the other and several doors on either side.

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 36
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 F04a393d1bb59a112ab7f8be23091e0dMeanwhile back in the meat world, Emiko attempts to browse through the personnel files and finds that they have been encrypted. It seems she will need to decrypt them before she can read their contents.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Sam sends the drones down the hallways towards the stairs, trying to get his bearings as to where this drone box was located, and seeing if there are any notable features he can pick out that may give some clue as to where to search for the loot.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 pm

The drones fly towards the stairs which lead up to a hatch that is presumably the bottom side of the hatch he observed from above with the other drones, judging by the general size of it. The guard shouts into his commlink, "What the hell is going on? The damn bugs just dropped on my head and are flying about. We got an intrusion or something? I don't see anything."

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 38
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:06 pm

"Of course you're encrypted. I bet you even have some kind of data trap too," Emiko says to the file she downloaded.

Emiko goes into hot sim and checks the file before hacking:
    Garuda: 3 hits
    Bunta: 2 hits
    Matrix Perception (6+6+5+2): 7 hits
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Sam doesn't think that he will have time to hack another node, and can't see anything else in particularly useful to do. So, he decides to create just a little it mayhem and destruction. He orders the topside drones to divebomb headlong into the office window overlooking the factory floor. If possible after crashing through the window, he orders them to continue full speed into the ground. (6 hits)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 pm

The drones crash into the glass, but since they are so small, they don't have the mass to do much more than bounce off of it, doing more damage to the drones than the glass. They then smash into the ground and Sam receives a 'connection lost' error message. At this point an alarm goes through the host and a second gremlin appears as Sam is spotted by a furry little creature. The gremlins prepare to attack Sam...

OS (Baby Monitor):
    Sam - 40
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 2 F04a393d1bb59a112ab7f8be23091e0dEmiko finds no databombs or other traps. The encryption appears to be the only protection currently on the file. It is a significantly strong encryption that might give her some trouble trying to crack, but at least she believes she has no danger to worry about.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:07 pm