Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
6 posters

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 26 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by Valacan Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:13 am

Alright let's get these people home and then head home to see how we can fix wujen."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 26 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:58 pm

The centaur gives one last sigh and disappears into the forest along with the other animals. Once all is said and done, you are left with Grant, Krista, the ogre and your little group. The ogre's belly rumbles and he glances around hungrily. He rips a large branch off of a tree, strips it of leaves and then proceeds to search around for some food. It manages to find young boar, which is pulverized by the ogre's branch and then quickly devoured whole. The boar's mother quickly appears and attempts to gore the ogre, but the ogre grabs it by the tusks and slams it into a nearby tree until it stops moving.The ogre eats through about half of the second boar before it thinks to offer some to Wujen's manifested astral self.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm

WuJen does his best to pantomime that the Ogre should eat his fill.

"Ok. We need to find some way to communicate with him soon. Sam, any chance you can get some kind of translation off the matrix now that we are out? I'm going to project over to the farm and see about getting a ride out of here."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm

WuJen cancels the illusion spell and leaves his body. Mentally asking Little Dragon to keep his frog self safe so no one steps on it or something, he blinks off to the farm to find the Dryad and inform her of the teams success.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Harumi listens to Wujen and says, "You have my thanks. I will send some transportation to pick you up and bring you to the farm for the night as it would be unwise to travel further than necessary at night. It should arrive shortly.

"You are welcome to stay longer as a typhoon is expected to arrive around noon tomorrow. It may be dangerous to attempt to get back home prior to the storm, but we are well prepared for it so you would be safe here."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:00 pm

"Good to hear. I may need some assistance with breaking a spell she put on me as well. We shall see. Her magic is somewhat unusual."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Harumi says, "Judging by the home she keeps, I would expect so. I am not particularly skilled at breaking spells, but will do what I can."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 pm

WuJen returns to his body to await the ride to the farm. While he's waiting he attempts to counterspell Baba Yaga's magic.

(Ooc: please roll for me. I think it's 12 dice)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Wujen concentrates on the spell, attempting to remove it's effect, but only succeeds in working up a slight sweat. He does not sense that it is insurmountable, but he'll have to try harder to succeed.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 pm

WuJen continues to attack the spell until it dies or he does...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 pm

After a few more tries and a little more sweat, Wujen eventually returns himself to his normal, elf form.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:55 pm

WuJen blinks a bit with the stress of the drain, smiles at Little Dragon and says "See, nothing to worry about."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:14 pm

Sam doesn't think Google translate is going to work with this SAT link connection. He tries to find an Ogre to Desian dictionary he can download.
    Matrix Search:
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6text :
    3 , 5 , 4 , 4 , 1 , 2 , 6 , 1 , 1 , 6 , 5 , 1
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 pm

Oh wait... I forgot. I have programs now! Sam loads Browse into memory before doing the above Matrix Search. I don't think any of my other new toys change the roll or anything. But, I upgraded my deck last downtime, and now this is the first time I'm getting to use it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Sam tries to figure out what language the ogre is speaking and eventually realizes it is Jotun. He finds a translator, but it's far from perfect. More of a dictionary than a translator really. The full version apparently has much better functionality and costs money. A lot of money.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 pm

Sam forwards WuJen the dictionary.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:43 pm

WuJen does his best with the dictionary and passes the time trying to talk with the ogre and get it's name, where it's from, and how to ask it not to horrify everyone with it's hunting.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:06 am

Wujen gets that the ogre's name is Durarg and he enjoys squishing things. He says this repeatedly and often to the point that Wujen no longer has to check the dictionary for the Jotun word for "squishing things". Wujen also gets the feeling he would be included among said things if he'd not helped the ogre out of a bind. He appears to be from Dagmar, which is essentially the opposite side of the world ((basically this world's equivalent of Scandinavia)).

As Wujen is talking with Durarg and trying, with little success, to explain the concept of not squishing things (the best translation he manages is gently squishing things), headlights can be seen approaching in the distance as a pair of jeeps make their way over from the direction of the farm to pick you all up.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:36 am

Sun checks the seeds, and being glad to notice they're still securely in his pocket, gets ready to help Grant and Krista into the car once it arrives.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:11 am

The seeds appear to be secure and soon the jeeps arrive for pickup. You all pile in, though the drivers apparently didn't account for an ogre to be included in the pickup. You hear the suspension groan and the roof partially cave in as Durarg makes himself comfortable on the roof of one of the large jeeps. The driver curses in surprise but with nothing to be done about it, he sighs and heads back to the farm. Hopefully the roof doesn't cave in any further on the drive back...
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 pm

"I'll ride with our ogre friend."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

The jeeps head off back to the farm. When you arrive, you notice various security measures are turned on during the night such as electrified fences, motion sensors and a couple automated turrets. Anything that can possibly be picked up by the wind has been secured inside and the windows are all shuttered. The security measures are disabled temporarily to allow you entrance and you are soon greeted to a round of cheers from the farmer/squatters. Grant and Krista are given hugs and ushered into the farm.

Meanwhile Harumi says, "I thank you for your trouble. Please come inside and rest for the night. It is not safe to go out in the woods. You are free to wait out the typhoon here as well if you so desire to. My people will ensure you are properly compensated for your time when you are ready to leave."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am

Once inside, Sun reaches into his bag to take out the seeds, and offers them to Harumi. "We got these from a tree in Baba Yaga's house. It's said to grow only one fruit per year."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am

Examining the seed, she says, "I am not familiar with such a seed. What is it?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 am

"I have no idea. It apparently grows only in magical areas. The tree itself seemed to have some sort of will, as it smacked some people who wanted to take the fruit, yet gave it willingly when I asked. Eating the fruit really improved me physically."

Sun goes on to describe the tree and fruit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm