Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
WuJen
KingFisher
RafV
7 posters

Hello to all the new arrivals.

KingFisher
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

Hello to all the new arrivals.  Empty Hello to all the new arrivals.

Post by KingFisher Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 am

Great to have more players with us, I've read your character profiles and they're amazingly good.

Just a little FYI KingFisher can be a little bossy, she has the leadership skill as part of her training and she's not afraid to use it.
    You don't have to listen to her, or do what she says but she usually means well.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Hello to all the new arrivals.  Empty Re: Hello to all the new arrivals.

Post by RafV Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:16 am

Thanks! Is it useful for everyone to know who is what archetype + who has what stats? Or do you guys play it as a "we figure it out as wel play"?

As for the bossiness... My character's training has involved bossy trainers. Can't get through such martial arts training without the trainers going: "Don't whine, bite through it!" He's not really gonna have any issues with it.

I may want to point out he does have the "Code of Honor" quality, the specific group in this case being "defenseless people". It comes down to him not killing anyone who's defenseless, nor will he allow others to kill such people. I'll have to make a check, and if that check fails, will have to intervene.

"Defenseless people" has been ruled as not attacking mundanes with magic, not attacking guns to people who are only melee, etc. Putting it out here, cause we got a gunsmith, a magic user, and a rigger. That's basically constantly gonna be an issue.

On the other hand, as the character description shows, he's not very familiar with life on the streets, so tends to get duped easily. That can be used by the team to get around this. As we go on, I'll have him grow more and more street-smart, though, so duping him will become trickier as he gets more accustomed to living in the shadows.
    KingFisher
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9

Post by KingFisher Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 am

KingFisher prefers not to kill using magic mostly to confuse the enemy, change disguises.
    In a fight she prefers to stun the enemy, make one of our heavy hitters invisible or send a spirit to handle it.

Looking forward to running the shadows with you chummer first soycaf is on me.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Just out of curiosity on the Code of Honor, is that killing, or just attacking.  It's kind of important.

For instance, my combat spells are Stunbolt and Stunball.  I suppose I could kill someone with them given enough time and effort, but its not a real danger.  Those spells are sometimes referred to as sleep spells for a reason.  Likewise I have Drain Willpower, which at worst leaves them a drooling idiot until I drop the spell.

Also, how does that work out in reverse?  Because I have a gun, I have spells, and even a grenade, but if some bruiser comes at me with karate chop action and a Vulcan death grip I'm sure not going to engage him in hand to hand because other than some decent eye hand coordination I may as well be a child physically.

As far as being Bossy is concerned, that's fine so long as it comes packaged with decisive and effective.  I expect WuJen and Kingfisher will be on the same page most of the time, But WuJen is also 18 and fairly focused on his goals, which are to get off the street and make the best home for him and his girl as he can.  Thus he may be somewhat impulsive from time to time.

The guidelines are that we are all familiar with eachother. I take that to mean that at the very least we are aware of eachother's role on the team and general abilities. I filled out the Runner Dossier as much as I could, and am happy both in and out of character to discuss what it is I can do for the team and what I might need from them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:03 pm

WuJen wrote:Just out of curiosity on the Code of Honor, is that killing, or just attacking.  It's kind of important.

For instance, my combat spells are Stunbolt and Stunball.  I suppose I could kill someone with them given enough time and effort, but its not a real danger.  Those spells are sometimes referred to as sleep spells for a reason.  Likewise I have Drain Willpower, which at worst leaves them a drooling idiot until I drop the spell.

Also, how does that work out in reverse?  Because I have a gun, I have spells, and even a grenade, but if some bruiser comes at me with karate chop action and a Vulcan death grip I'm sure not going to engage him in hand to hand because other than some decent eye hand coordination I may as well be a child physically.

As far as being Bossy is concerned, that's fine so long as it comes packaged with decisive and effective.  I expect WuJen and Kingfisher will be on the same page most of the time, But WuJen is also 18 and fairly focused on his goals, which are to get off the street and make the best home for him and his girl as he can.  Thus he may be somewhat impulsive from time to time.

The guidelines are that we are all familiar with eachother.  I take that to mean that at the very least we are aware of eachother's role on the team and general abilities.  I filled out the Runner Dossier as much as I could, and am happy both in and out of character to discuss what it is I can do for the team and what I might need from them.

The code of honor is basically that he can't pick on people who can't defend themselves. He wants fights to be "fair". What that entails depends on case by case. So shooting someone who is unarmed is usually going to be an issue, though if it's an "unarmed" ninja adept with killing hands who can dodge bullets or something like that, that wouldn't be defenseless unless he was tied to a chair or otherwise incapacitated. Doesn't have to be an armed combat. Punching a child in the face would trigger his code. It should be fairly obvious in most cases what a "defenseless" person is. If they have no way to put up a fight, they are defenseless.

As for abilities, you all know each other's abilities, more or less. Take a look at each others' bios if you have questions on abilities.
    Last I checked, we have:
    - decker
    - drone rigger / minor decker
    - shaman/face
    - hermetic mage
    - gun adept
    - martial artist adept

I am sure you can figure out who is who Razz
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:49 pm

KingFisher prefers not to kill using magic mostly to confuse the enemy, change disguises.
    In a fight she prefers to stun the enemy, make one of our heavy hitters invisible or send a spirit to handle it.

Looking forward to running the shadows with you chummer first soycaf is on me.

On that note, I actually prefer not to kill at all.

I prefer a more indirect or support role in combat. While I do have the stun spells I prefer to tilt the battlefield in our favor using Physical Wall and Trid Phantasm. I can also cast Increase Reflexes (or more particularly summon a Spirit of Man dedicated to casting and maintaining it) if you don't have wired reflexes or a power that does it for you already. Both I and my Ally can cast Heal. Levitate, especially combined with a Spirit of Air's Movement power can also come in handy.

Basically I'm less about the Boom, more about being subtle.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 am

Chougou has not ever wanted to kill, but he has set up situations that got people killed before (even if they deserved it, he hadn't intended it). He is more of an information gatherer, with weaponry only as an absolute last resort on his drones.

He hasn't had to use it yet, and doesn't like flying with it, but acknowledges that it is the nature of the business. His ikigai (purpose) is to tilt the balance of the world to be more fair and inclusive, but not to do it through force; even when it is a viable option.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 am

Also, hello everyone. Smile
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 am

The "other way around" remark (an opponent attacking defenseless people) is quite interesting. I'm inclined to go with that code counting for anyone attacking anyone: us attacking an enemy, an enemy attacking us, the enemy attacking a third party, or a third party attacking the enemy. It wouldn't be much of a code otherwise.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:19 am

What I meant was what happens if someone attacks me, and I respond with magic?

Magic is what I do, and I'm unlikely to not do it just because the other guy can't do it.

Now, innocent bystanders are one thing, I'm completely with you on that. But people attacking me, regardless of the 'fairness' of the fight, are exceedingly likely to eat a face full of fire elemental.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 am

WuJen wrote:What I meant was what happens if someone attacks me, and I respond with magic?

Magic is what I do, and I'm unlikely to not do it just because the other guy can't do it.

Now, innocent bystanders are one thing, I'm completely with you on that.  But people attacking me, regardless of the 'fairness' of the fight, are exceedingly likely to eat a face full of fire elemental.
    I'd go with fighting back is obviously OK, and knocking them unconscious is, as well, if that's what it takes to subdue them. Just make sure they're not permanently unconscious, or I'd have to make my roll to see if I have to intervene.

There's actually a thing about something similar to that going on in my country at the moment. Two armed robbers went into a jewelry store. They beat the guy and his family, shoved a gun to his head, stole a fortune, then ran off. Jeweler got his gun, ran outside after them, and shot one in the back. The whole discussion now is if that's still legal self defense (considering trauma shock and such, or them loitering around outside first. Different stories and all that), or if it's manslaughter (shooting a fleeing person in the back). If he had incapacitated them without killing, it would have been all OK. As is, though, it's super dubious whether or not it's self defense. I'll leave those cases up to the GM to decide, and if it's too dubious for him as well, we can always discuss it in the OoC part.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi guys, sorry it took me so long to get to this. Considering the world we live in. If they shot at me chances are they are going down. I do have some less lethal means as needed just in case. However i don't generally shoot unarmed people unless if course they are attacking me. But generaly i don't make it a point to pick on others. That being said due to my reflexes i tend to shoot first and last.
    Can't wait to get more in depth with you all.

((Testing dice, for reasons))
    Torpor carried out 15 launched of one d6 :
    Hello to all the new arrivals.  5 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  2 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  4 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  4 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  1 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  6 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  3 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  4 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  2 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  3 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  4 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  4 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  3 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  5 , Hello to all the new arrivals.  2
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:22 pm

my curiosity was based more on the priority you seemed to be building to determine what was 'fair'.

Magic->Guns->Knives->Unarmed.

If it falls to me to fight, I am either going to use magic or a gun, regardless of what the other guy had. Physically I'm not much.

Your priorities seemed to be irrespective of who starts the fight. I don't see me picking a lot of fights that can otherwise be avoided, though that does not mean I will always be on the defensive---if there is a goal I have to fight toward, I will start the fight.

But regardless, When I fight, I will be hitting my opponent with spirits, spells, or guns.

I don't see magic as being somehow superior to technological weapons. In fact, I didn't take Fireball or anything similar and I carry a grenade specifically because I think using Magic Fingers to shove a grenade down someones pants is a better use of my time and mana.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm

When he chose the restriction, we had a little discussion on it and some of what I said may have been lost in translation. I meant that using magic on someone who is unarmed would generally be considered attacking a defenseless person, not that magic is inherently more of a weapon than a firearm. An important note that I was getting at is that firearms are heavily restricted in the city and so most people just don't have them. You get into a fight with some street gang, most of them (with some exception) will only be fighting with weapons of convenience, blades, clubs, etc. Even the more organized Yakuza, who do have quite extensive access to firearms, tend to avoid using them for all but their biggest conflicts for fear of collateral damage (which they consider to be a very terrible sin for various pragmatic reasons) as well as the increased response level that comes from police when they know firearms are involved. So compared to what you might normally expect from Shadowrun, you will be encountering people using less firepower on average, so going in and mowing them down with a machine gun, fireball or grenade would probably be seen as an unfair fight by him.

That said, you are able to defend yourself without him having an issue. It is mostly a "fight with honor" sort of thing. Don't shoot a guy in the back, don't attack someone who isn't expecting it, don't harm people who have surrendered to you, don't pull a Han Solo, etc. If they come up at you with a knife at your throat and it's a matter of your life over theirs, the exact means you use to protect yourself with is not terribly important.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Just saw this thread for the first time.  It's going to be an interesting mix of Codes among us.  

Sato has Code of Honor : Assassin's Creed.  
    This means he is quite happy to knock unconscious "defenseless" enemies but he suffers great shame if he kills anyone but his contracted target.
    I've built him to be a stealthy knockout artist (great sneaking, nerve strike, shock glove, parashield dart pistol with narcojet) so I suspect he will make excuses to not do any stealthy infiltrations with the dwarf...maybe I'll claim he's smelly....

Last edited by winkingchef on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 pm

There is actually someone else who may be joining us who has the same code, so it's looking like it will be a very non-lethal group
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I don't have a code but choose not to necessarily kill if it isn't needed. But even if i didn't, this group would make it hard to do so.
    Maybe we should all just take it. Lol
    And call ourselves the round table

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 am