Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

The Finish Line

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

The Finish Line Empty The Finish Line

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am

Eventually Emiko and Kin meet up with Pretti at the Finish Line for some karaoke. As they enter the bar, it's pretty swinging. Spyder is there chatting with a human guy by the bar. A bunch of other human regulars are also at the bar. An ork with a cigar in one hand and a beer in the other, an elf in a business suit, and a dwarf with a visible datajack are sitting alone at separate booths, apparently each awaiting someone.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

The Finish Line Empty Re: The Finish Line

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 am

Kin picked up Emiko at an apartment that looked much nicer than his own, imagining that she could at least turn over in bed without slamming an elbow into a wall. He made a mental note see ask about any openings at the Community Center. He could do with more room and felt certain that the convenience of being around his new associates would be a benefit.

He turns to Emiko as they enter the bar.

"Lead the way."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Emiko enters the bar and sees Spyder.  She walks over to her and excuses herself for interrupting a conversation. "Hi Spyder, it's great to see you. This is my friend, Kin." Emiko turns to the man and bows, "hello, I'm Emiko. It's a pleasure to meet you."

To Yuusuke Emiko says, "hey handsome!" and waves.

Emiko takes a look around the room for other faces she may recognize. Should anyone she doesn't know make eye contact with her, Emiko offers a smile. Not seeing anyone else, she leads Kin to room 3 to meet up with Pretti.  "Pretti! Great to see you again." Emiko gives Pretti a big hug. I would like to introduce you to Kin. He is one of the guys in the group I run with."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:49 pm

"Pretti, nice to meet you."

Kin bows toward Pretti.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:27 pm

“Hey, Emiko!” she says excitedly as she returns the hug. She bows and greets Kin in Desian, replying <I am glad to meet you as well.>

In Western, she goes on, “Aaaaand maybe a little nervous. Not to kill the fun or anything, but I’m more interested in this… well… career change, I guess you could call it, than I am in the music. Though I’m not a quivering wreck either, if you feel like getting a couple songs in ’til the sake and fries arrive.

“Did you guys see the video I linked?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm

The Finish Line Rei TanakaYuusuke and Spyder wave at Emiko and greet her as she comes in. Spyder says, "Hello again, Emiko. Doing well? This is Dash."

Dash, a handsome young man with hair bleached blonde, gives a wave to Emiko and says, "Hey there. Nice to meet you. As Spyder here says, most people call me Dash. I don't think I've seen your pretty face around. This your first time at the Finish Line?"

Spyder rolls her eyes and says, "Dash, must you flirt with everyone you meet?"

Dash snickers and says, "Why? Feeling jealous that I haven't flirted with you?"

Spyder shakes her head and says, "As if I'd fall for your stupid pickup lines. You're not even close to my type."

Yuusuke mostly blushes, but manages to ask Emiko if she has anything she wants to eat or drink.
    The Finish Line Spyder

Last edited by GameMaster on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Kin turns to Dash.

"Thanks for asking, it is my first time here."

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:03 pm

The Finish Line Rei TanakaDash suddenly seems to realize that Kin exists, but only takes a cursory glance at him. "That's great," he says, eyes still fixed on Emiko, "Johnson's are in the booths." He does a vague wave in the direction of the elf, ork and dwarf, clearly not interested in Kin in the slightest.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:16 pm

Kin is pleased to be addressed in his own language by Pretti and responds in kind. <Thank you>

He stays close to the group anxious to get this thing, whatever it is, going.

He also believes that Rei could use a 'dash' more courtesy.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Emiko to Rei:

"Dash... is that short for Dashing?" Emiko gives a flirting wink. "Second time, actually. I'd love to talk more but this cutie and I," Emiko puts a hand on Kin's shoulder, "have a friend we're meeting. If you're still here later maybe we can hang out."

Emiko to Spyder:
    "I'm doing great. Thanks again for your help. We're going to meet a friend to sing, you're welcome to join if you'd like."

Emiko to Yuusuke:
    "I think Pretti ordered us some sake. Maybe in a little bit once I get my karaoke on."

Once in the room, Emiko to Pretti:
    "Yes, I did watch the video. There was some exotic dancing and then a fight. Oh, and a bright red light. I wasn't sure why you sent me that."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 am

Pretti turns on the karaoke screen. On the screen is a paused image from the video. The center dancer is the only one in focus.

“Exotic? This is the dance world, hon. We wore flowing gowns or skin-tight costumes or next-to-nothing, and we rocked our money-makers across the stage and didn’t worry about the eyes in the crowd, as long as we got the smiles.

“That’s me in the middle, and that red glow you see before the video gets cut off? That’s some kind of laser whip thing. One guy knocked it from the other guy’s hand, it flew up to that stage, and… here I am two years later, metal from the waist down.

“I thought you should know what led up to me being like this. It wasn’t a choice, but I’m not bummed about it either. I met MK because of what happened.”

Maybe there’s a point Pretti was working toward, but at the mention of MK, she seems a little stuck.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 am

The Finish Line Rei TanakaDash chuckles and says to Emiko, "Well, let's just say I won't argue with you over that. I'll be here for a bit. Got some business to discuss with the gloomy arachnid here."

Spyder nods in confirmation and says, "Thanks for the invitation, but I'm not much of a singer anyway."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:49 am

The karaoke room is about large enough to seat around 8 people with a bench surrounding a central table. A pair of microphones are provided as well as a pair of consoles that can be used to select whatever songs one may wish to sing. The lyrics and an accompanying music video (which may or may not have anything to do with the song itself) appear on a screen for you to sing along to.The Finish Line GfpqReqt_AozNnk9IXW1dY7vNZRWqS0izMIDR7qaUZyjMCh775kP_y9iP-ZLlz0kM0W0WgC1BkX3SndThfdonc3wqHD0vIl-IPvji5cGvhduabxC4516Aqe-H3WLluea5g_TLuAlgeRTJu4yPusW23GO5Y97jZ8vdA
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 am

Emiko, not one to be quiet, is at a loss of words from what Pretti said. She just looks shocked at Pretti, feeling sad that her situation was caused by something so careless. When words fail, Emiko walks back to Pretti and gives her a hug.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:54 am

Kin follows Emiko into the karaoke room and has a seat, waiting for the fun to start. Not much for singing, he looks around for something to drink.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

Pretti is grateful, and takes in the hug, though she makes it a point to say, “Oh—believe me! I’m not throwing a pity party over this. I’ve had my share of lucky breaks, and I consider this one of them.

“I mean, I got cut in half and lived. And MK’s blog got the attention of a few influential people, oh! Like the lady who got me that gig at the tournament. Her legs don’t work, and we kinda hit it off. And besides her, there were a couple rich and famous people who funded these legs. I mean, I grew up in the sewers and my girlfriend works at Brightworld. It’s not like I can afford this tech.

“So that’s kinda why I’ve been thinking of… well… doing what you do. I want to grow old with MK, and not be a financial burden to her. My legs are year-old tech, but beta-grade. Good enough that I can do what many can’t… with this year’s tech, maybe next. I gotta get in the game now.

“I guess… I’m hoping you can help me out with that. Maybe just tell me what I’m getting myself into.”
    Pretti’s not sure what she would say to that, if the positions were reversed. “Or… ask what I can do, I guess?”
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:23 am

Kin gets up and walks over to the couple.

"Maybe I'm not the right person to ask, as I'm fairly new to this, but I don't believe that you can lump all shadowrunners into the same pile. Some are just bad. The people I've met, Emiko included, seem to be making a positive difference.  What I've found, so far, is it's dangerous work that is rewarding on multiple levels."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 pm

“Yes—that’s what I want. To make a positive difference. Like for all the SINless in the tunnels… few get out and become dancers, exotic dancing aside.”

Pretti did catch herself babbling a bit before, but Kin’s words relax her a little. She adds,

“I’m not saying I expect to be skating across the sewers, rescuing children. But I’m more about helping than hurting.” She adds, “And I appreciate the way you put it, Kin. I know MK will appreciate it too… not that I’ll drop names or give details about any runs I might do. The less she knows, right?”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:46 pm

"You really have nothing to worry about, Pretty. The guys in the group, like you, want to make a positive difference. Sometimes, a job comes along that you may morally conflict with it; nobody is going to make you do something you don't want to do."

Emiko thinks back to all the jobs she did for her family.

"Let´s talk real business now... what song are we picking first?"

Emiko hangs out with Pretti and Kin for a bit, excuses herself, and goes to check if Dash is still around.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:48 pm

The Finish Line Rei TanakaDash is still sitting with Spyder when Emiko heads out. He is expertly avoiding a flurry of slaps from Spyder as he giggles playfully, a bra currently in one of his hands. "Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" Spyder screams at him before finally snatching the bra away from him and storming out.

Dash says to her as she storms away, "Don't be mad! You're the one who didn't believe I could do it!"

Spyder gives Dash one last death glare before leaving the bar. "You're paying her tab, Dash," Yuusuke says after the door slams shut.

Dash laughs and says, "Worth it!" before paying up the bill.
    The Finish Line Spyder
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:38 pm

{KARAOKE!}

Pretti agrees it’s time to have a bit of fun and loosen up. She joins in on whatever songs Emiko or Kin picks. As for hers,

Pretti picks classics from female singers…

…male singers…

…as well as the latest tunes from the Brightworld franchise.

And if she can, she’ll join Emiko or Kin in any duet, no matter how obscure.

{WHEN THE PARTY’S OVER}

Pretti says to Emiko and Kin, “Thanks again. I feel a little less jittery about getting into this now. Just gimme a call sometime. Other than the concert with MK, my calendar’s looking really free right now!”

When the door opens, and there’s Dash with Spyder’s bra on his finger, Pretti says to Kin in Desian, <What an asshole, humiliating a woman and being so smug, as if sexism is cute when a pretty-boy does it. I will see to Spyder.>

She then uses her skates to move quickly, waving to her friends as she zips out the door. Outside, she calls out, “Hey, Spyder. Can you wait up a bit?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Spider is storming off, bra clutched defensively in one of her 4 hands, but Pretti easily keeps up with her. When Pretti calls out to her, she growls out, "WHAT?" as she keeps heading down the sidewalk.
    The Finish Line Spyder
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Kin has a better time than he imagined he would. The evening is winding down, so he goes in search of Emiko to she if she would like a ride home.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Pretti keeps her tone gentle as she replies, “I don’t honestly know what. I just remember you from the bar the other day, you were so nice. And that Dash is a sexist creep. I just don’t feel right if you walk away alone and upset.

“I thought maybe you could use a little—”

As she speaks, Pretty subtly reaches under the back of her only clothing, a cut-off T-shirt and a leather jacket, and removes her own bra.

{Sneaking: 3} to remove own bra while appearing to innocently skate with hands behind her back
    {Gymnastics: 5} for the flexibility to pull it off

Pretti displays her own bra in her hand, and says, “—solidarity.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Spyder says, "I don't need more people taking off their bras. Dash is an idiot who thinks a few bar tricks will make any girl wet their panties and is frustrated that it doesn't work on me. I don't come around the bar to be a floozy. It's unprofessional. Thanks for the concern, but I'll be fine."

She holds her wrist upwards and releases a rope of spidersilk that attaches to an overpass. She then starts climbing up the rope, reeling it back into her wrist as she goes. In seconds, she's up on the overpass, gives a wave and runs off into the night.
    The Finish Line Spyder

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 am