Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
Fuchou 复仇
RafV
Torpor
7 posters

Five Elements Community Center

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Five Elements Community Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Elements Community Center

Post by WuJen Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:11 pm

I will of course float my part so I don't hold people up.  There's not much I'm interested in with initiation at the moment, given other other priorities for me, like getting Little Dragon enough Karma to be Force 5, and maybe a few more spells like clout (stun just isn't doing it, it's far too easy to resist down to almost nothing), a link with the spirt that can be summoned with skills, and a Focus or two.  I suppose I could initiate for Quickening instead of getting a sustaining focus.  Invocation will be something I want too.  There's just not much metamagic for those interested in spirits, and I'll not be able to afford more Magic rating for a long time in any case.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Five Elements Community Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Elements Community Center

Post by WuJen Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Can we get a break on the price if the place is haunted or has a bad reputation (site of murders, etc...)?
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 pm

There is 3 rooms in the building one a little bigger plus couch. If we did bunks in two of them we could house 6 on the second floor. And i suppose Ichi could crash on his gurney. Maybe a bunk in the smithy as well. That could be 8 of us
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 am

It's the same district, so yes, relatively near the noodleshop
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 am

WuJen wrote:I will of course float my part so I don't hold people up.  There's not much I'm interested in with initiation at the moment, given other other priorities for me, like getting Little Dragon enough Karma to be Force 5, and maybe a few more spells like clout (stun just isn't doing it, it's far too easy to resist down to almost nothing), a link with the spirt that can be summoned with skills, and a Focus or two.  I suppose I could initiate for Quickening instead of getting a sustaining focus.  Invocation will be something I want too.  There's just not much metamagic for those interested in spirits, and I'll not be able to afford more Magic rating for a long time in any case.

Stunbolt takes a little finagling and luck to get it to work well. You are notorious for your bad rolls, but it is possible to get a pretty heavy smackdown out of stunbolt (or stunball). The good thing about stunbolt is you only resist with willpower. No other stat. No armor. So against most targets who have a willpower of 3 or less, they are going to pretty much take the full effect. Clout on the other hand is resisted first with a regular dodge roll, and then, if they didn't dodge entirely, by a damage resistance roll using body + armor. Since most targets you would actually fight have 9-12 armor, that's a lot of dice to throw at resisting damage. Against a heavily armored troll, clout would probably just ping off him, while stunbolt might go unresisted at all.

The drawback is of course that you need to get hits to do damage with stunbolt, as opposed to clout where you do Force + hits, and if you roll badly its not going to do much. But assuming you are someone who has average luck on the dice, a great way to pour on some juice would be to do a reckless casting of the spell. Stun bolt's drain is F-3. Reckless spellcasting ups the drain by 3, but you get to cast as a simple action instead of complex, allowing you to cast it twice. So cast at force 1-2, throw some reagents into it, and you'll be doing around 8 damage on average that is a lot harder to resist than the clout. With some foci, increased spellcasting dice and/or edge, that stunbolt is going to knock out a troll where clout and gunfire just plink off.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:58 am

WuJen wrote:Can we get a break on the price if the place is haunted or has a bad reputation (site of murders, etc...)?

If you want to actively look for such a place, sure. Your next "mission" could be to secure the place Smile
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am

Torpor wrote:There is 3 rooms in the building one a little bigger plus couch.  If we did bunks in two of them we could house 6 on the second floor.  And i suppose Ichi could crash on his gurney.  Maybe a bunk in the smithy as well.  That could be 8 of us

It's not so necessary to have beds for everyone. While it's nice to have as a space for you all to crash when you need it, I would assume most of you want to have your own space for a variety of reasons. If you make enemies who choose to target you, a publicly advertised home is going to be the first place they go. Given that this is meant to be a place to drum up business and put your faces out in the community, it is not ideal as a safehouse. Besides, living 24/7 with your coworkers is stressful as hell Razz
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm

I agree with bibo wprking there will be great but living there could bring us and the business big problems! And I need to know what and how much I need to invest. Please and thank yo!
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:08 pm

If we can I would like the clinic to be able to treat at least 2 people at a time! Oh can we give other party members karma?
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:13 pm

I will pick up ammo for my super squirt(mostly narco i think that's what it's called lol) and I already paid my rent but I will keep next month's rent handy in case I'm broke next month lol.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 pm

In practice you can give people karma by giving them the cash equivalent. This can be complicated as some only allow cash to be converted at a specific rate, but I suppose you could convert it to karma by doing charity and such in someone else's name.

Even so, the mechanism is there.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:27 pm

WuJen wrote:In practice you can give people karma by giving them the cash equivalent.  This can be complicated as some only allow cash to be converted at a specific rate, but I suppose you could convert it to karma by doing charity and such in someone else's name.

Even so, the mechanism is there.

What he said. It is effectively what the magic folk are doing to offset the karma cost of the ritual Wujen needs to perform to form a magical group with the magic types.

You probably want gear more than karma, so you could just convert the karma to cash to buy whatever gear you need.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Well i was thinking about giving some karma to when to help him put with little dragon...I think that's the name
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Mechanically, sure you can do it if you want.

From a RP perspective, Little Dragon is his girlfriend and imparting karma into her is partially how they improve their relationship. Offering to help pay for that might be a little awkward. It would be like your coworker giving you presents to give to your girlfriend. Unless it is her birthday and they are friends, I know I would feel uncomfortable with that.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:30 pm

How about an old firehouse?
    Living quarters (bunks or cubbies) upstairs and community/garage space downstairs.
    I've always wanted to live in one.

Here's an example in SF:  
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/117-Broad-St-San-Francisco-CA-94112/15194787_zpid/

Last edited by winkingchef on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Trying to go full on ghostbusters?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:33 pm

All you need now is to repaint an old Cadillac hearse
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 pm

We're halfway there already.  
    Our Slimer is better looking, but similarly worrying.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Not only would it be off from a rp perspective... You have no idea the Karma cost of an Ally spirit. Just at her current form she weighs in at 21 something Karma, and it's either 8 or 16 more per point of force. That point comes with one additional power, but still. Oomph.

On the other hand I could probably summon her 'sister' for you...
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Hmmmm Ok. So I'm buying a clip of narco jet that 1000 nuyen and a clip cs/tear gas and that's 400 nuyen andvtgese are for the super squirt. That's of course they sell the tear gas for the super squirt..If not then ill buy 10 for 200 nuyen.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:32 pm

While you can get tear gas pellets for the super squirt, it kind of defeats the purpose of tear gas. You really want that to be in a gas form to fill up a room, create confusion, etc. Super squirt is basically a paintball gun except it shoots pellets of chemicals that are then absorbed into the skin instead of paint. So by firing it with your gun, you are irritating one person as opposed to smoking out a room full of them. You can get tear gas grenades if you have the appropriate contacts. Be sure to have some protection so you don't get affected by your own tear gas! Also thermographic goggles to see through it doesn't hurt.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Ok so ill just get the 10 tear gas canisters and the clip of narco! I don't need thermographic goggles but ill will pick up a gas mask and a survival kit for 200 nuyen
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Alright, so long as you have some sort of contact who deals with weapons and/or chemicals, none of those should be particularly difficult to acquire.

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:24 pm

I believe I shouldn't have any problems with that. Lol
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

winkingchef wrote:How about an old firehouse?
    Living quarters (bunks or cubbies) upstairs and community/garage space downstairs.
    I've always wanted to live in one.

Here's an example in SF:  
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/117-Broad-St-San-Francisco-CA-94112/15194787_zpid/

They even kept the firepole!! Laughing

I was thinking that those of us that have business interests (myself with an electronics repair shop, Torpor with a clinic, Sun with his dojo, Wujen with a curse removal business?? Wink, and any others) could hopefully find a building and gradually start taking it over by renting just certain rooms?

We could each pay for our individual business locations in the building and hopefully make some extra cash off of it or at least enough to cover costs, and then we could all chip in on a community space (because it doesn't seem right to have everyone pay for space that others are using to make money) and as we need more rooms we could rent them and maybe even buy the building outright eventually.

I'm not sure if we're all close enough to co-sign on a mortgage, so I had assumed that we would be renting until we had enough cash and a good reason to buy it outright? And these businesses would be like a front, a place where we can do work and also use for Shadowrunning prep?

For Chougou's needs a garage would be neat to store all the drones in, but really just a workshop is acceptable for what he needs to do. He can park the van on the street, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a place that could store larger vehicles in the future with some remodeling? I definitely am in on the idea of a home base, but this might be a good way for us to ease into it. I'm honestly not 100% what a lodge does, but it seems to be a good thing for magic users. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm