Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 Empty Re: Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

Post by Emiko Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:21 am

Emiko quizzically looks at Dr. Emoto and asks, "you would commit murder over stealing a test?" She pauses and says, "I like my head the way it is, so I'll go with the option of answering questions. Plus a paid job at the end, I'm starting to like you."

Emiko thinks about her words carefully and says calmly, "I don't know who is the student or who are the parents, it's better I not know in cases I'm ever caught. I have a guy on the street that offers me the job and gives me enough information to get the job done but not enough that it's easily traced back to the source."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 Tokyo+-+Headshot+-+Photographer+Anthony+Wood+%289%29
    With a smirk Dr Emoto says, "Not for stealing the test, no. But for violating the sanctity of my mind, I most certainly am willing to repay the favor by violently violating the sanctity of yours." She motions to Kitaro with her weapon to emphasize point.

"My mind is my most valuable possession and I do not appreciate having it manipulated like a toy for something as trivial as a copy of a test. Especially one that is open book and should be simple to pass for anyone who has been paying attention to my class."

Pursing her lips, she says to Emiko, "You have a datajack and a cyberdeck. Assuming your story is true, I am going to guess you are a hacker and part of your plan possibly involved hacking into my computer here for the file for the test. I just so happen to have need of a hacker. Not so much a magic user, but I suppose a backup plan never hurts."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm

"I'm sorry Dr Emoto, I don't know much about computers, but I'll help as much as I can"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Emiko zeroes in on the comment about the test being open book and says, "open book?! how lazy is this kid? Is it really open book or you just saying that to mess with me?" She continues, "doesn't matter, I'm intrigued by this job."

"And you're correct," Emiko says with a smile, "I am capable of hacking." She asks, "what would have my friend and I do and what is the pay?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 Tokyo+-+Headshot+-+Photographer+Anthony+Wood+%289%29
    Gesturing to the weapon in her hand she says, "As you can see this is not a common weapon. I work for a weapons research lab and designed this particular model myself. However my employers don't quite understand how much I contribute to the company, undervaluing me because I am a woman. I would like that fixed. I need you to hack into the company records and upload a modified file to the server. So long as you do not set off any alarms while accessing the company records, the file is programmed to do all the adjustments necessary to avoid casual detection. This should provide me with benefits and compensation befitting my contribution to the company.

"You can attempt this remotely but the building has a fairly skilled counter-hacker whose job is to thwart people like you. If you can temporarily disable him and hack the system directly, you should have a significantly easier time doing it. He is given a fairly free schedule though, so there is no guarantee that he will be physically in the building at any given time. You may need to hunt him down externally.

"As for compensation, this will depend primarily on the results. Should you complete the job without raising any alarms in the system, I am prepared to offer you 20,000 nuyen for your time. Should you bungle the job, especially if it somehow gets linked to me, know that I was not always a researcher and am more than capable of ensuring neither of you live to see the next morning."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Ofcourse Dr Emoto. We will do what you ask with the utmost discretion! Any information you could provide us would ofcourse make the job easier. For example any personal information about the counter-hacker would be very useful. Perhaps even any weaknesses in security you are aware of that would give us easier access to the office?

((negotiation 5 hits if applicable))
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:09 am

Emiko adds to what Kitaro said with, "ok... ok... this is definitely doable. This building, can you give us any help to get inside? My friend and I both have skills suited for this kind of work. I am in. I want to make you proud of my work so there may be more jobs in the future. I would much prefer to live passed the next morning." Emiko bows to Dr. Emoto.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 am

Dr Emoto says, "The decker's some guy who never grew up and skateboards through the office like an idiot. He's given a lot of freedom because he is fairly good at what he does, but outside of his very specific specialty, he is a numskull. I don't know his actual name, but he goes by the handle 'Plague'. I must apologize that don't have much of anything prepared about him. After all, I had no idea that I might be needing it today.

"Short of handing you my security pass, there is not much I can do to help you get into the building. Obviously if I do that, uncomfortable questions may be asked as to how you managed to get it and the file you uploaded may be scrutinized. I would recommend hitting at night. Plague is mostly active during the day. There's another guy who handles the night shift, but I understand he mostly searches for trouble and calls Plague if he finds anything. He's considerably less skilled at what he does."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:35 pm

"Dr. Emoto, we will do our best. Thank you for being so understanding and giving us this opportunity. You have my information if you need to reach me and I will be in contact when the job is done. If there is nothing else, we will see ourselves out," Emiko says and leans towards the door.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:55 pm

"I expect results soon," Dr Emoto says as the pair head towards the door, "I will be checking in on you for a progress report in the morning."

Emiko and Kitaro are then allowed to leave the office, shutting the door behind them.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 am

When they have a walked a small distance away from the office, Kitaro says to Emiko.

Well that certainly was an interesting experience right miss Emiko? I'm beginning to understand why this shadowrunning business pays so well. In the last few days I've seen a kid getting blown up, I was shot at by some kind of a prototype laser gun, and then there was your ... experience ... in the cybercafé.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

Emiko looks straight ahead, listening to Kitaro, and thinking about her experience after the cybercafe'.

"You're so right, Kitaro," Emiko says. She stops, turns to Kitaro and looks at him. "I never properly thanked you for saving my life that day at the cafe'. Thank you; I will always be grateful." Emiko gives Kitaro a quick hug and quickly turns back to walking down the hall.

"We need to get to the other guys and update them. I hope they're having better luck than us."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:46 am

Kitaro is a little surprised by the sudden hug.
    "You're very welcome miss Emiko!"
    As they continue walking he proceeds.
    "However bad this meeting with Dr Emoto just went. We did actually get what we came for, and we got some useful information about the matrix security as well."
    Kitaro pauzes for a few seconds then continues.
    "Do you think we should proceed with this new task we have been given by Dr Emoto? Maybe we should ask mister Dekker to assist us"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am

Emiko replies, "we should definitely take this job from Dr. Emoto. Not only does our life depend on it, we're already going to be in the building anyway and can now make some extra money."

Emiko stops and looks at Kitaro. "This is going to be a dangerous mission. At the cybercafe', Sam and I were caught and there were people on us in moments. Here, Dr. Emoto is walking around with a weapon that I'm sure does more than zap our ears." Emiko runs her hand through her hair in frustration. "We are definitely going to need Sam's help and Sun's too."

Emiko turns to keep walking and stops again, looking now at the floor. "Sorry if I was being pessimistic. You're right, we did get the badge and useful information."

"Let's get back to the center and get this job over with." Emiko uses her voice modulator to imitate Dr. Emoto's voice and says, "I expect results soon."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

As Emiko is saying that, an indicator pops into view showing an incoming message from Sam:

>>>>>>There is an unconscious person here who claimed to be a cop.
    >>>>>>I need to restore my deck, so I can not hack his commlink right now.
    >>>>>>Can you hack in and see who this person is?
    >>>>>>Try to get his SIN, and any other identification of him, or known associates.
    >>>>>>We want to figure out who he is and who sent him.

The commlink code is attached.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:48 pm

When Emiko's icon, presumably, shows up to do the hack, Sam will help hack the commlink:

Teamwork Roll for Hack-on-the-fly:
    Sam Dekker carried out 19 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 16 1
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Emiko responds:
    >>>>>>I'm on it
    >>>>>>With Kitaro
    >>>>>>Heading to you now, where are you

To Kitaro, Emiko says, "we have to move, I'll tell you about it in the car."

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Emiko arranges her deck to S8 D6 F4 A2

She kisses her deck for luck and jacks in.  Emiko sends an origami dragon to mark the commlink Sam sent her

[4 hits]
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Having properly marked the commlink, Emiko searches for the information Sam requested: SIN, personal information, known associates, and also searches for any mention of Dr. Emoto or other Yakuza executives.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Emiko cracks into the commlink with ease and browses through the files on it. It apparently belongs to someone named Jiro Hamamoto. She finds the commlink's address book, which is filled with dozens of commcodes, most of which are not immediately recognizable. She does recognize one name: Kunio Inoue, the "Division Manager" of the lab.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Emiko also looks for messages from someone that hired Jiro to find Sam.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:53 pm

There do not appear to be any particular messages involving Sam in any way. Various recent calls to/from several people and a bunch of messages to someone named "Nami-chan". Judging by the content of the messages, she's a girlfriend/lover/wife as it's mostly just a bunch of sexting.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Emiko downloads the information, leaving the sexting conversation though. She then jacks out and messages Sam
    >>>>>>I'm sending you the info I found
    >>>>>>We're heading to the center
    >>>>>>Unless you want us to go somewhere else
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 pm

>>>>>>No. Meet at the center.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 am

Within a half hour, the pair have made their way to the community center, where Sam and Sun are currently waiting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am