Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

2 posters

Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot - Page 2 Empty Re: Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot

Post by GameMaster Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Unfamiliar with the differences in local mana vs the prime, Wujen ends up accidentally frying his nerves with his spell. It's working, but it hurt a lot.

After pounding on the door, a horn shaped device slides down the wall and a voice bellows forth, "I told you crazies, I'm not letting you in. Stop your banging."

Several people gather around Wujen and watch the exchange.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot - Page 2 Empty Re: Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot

Post by WuJen Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm

" I'm sorry, sir. I wasn't banging, but merely knocking politely. I'm visiting on the advice of King Io, whose guard directed me here. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could let me in off the street to discuss the matter that brings me here, the local crowd seems none too friendly."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:00 pm

The voice in the horn says, "I let you in, those crazies standing around you are gonna come swarming in after you. Get rid of them first."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:45 pm

WuJen considers the small crowd and how best to get rid of them.

"If all of you could please stay here, I believe I see a great treasure just down the street. I will go and get it and gift it to the least worthy among you."

With that WuJen starts to walk down the street with purpose, hoping the others will try and beat him to the 'Treasure'.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 pm

The people look at each other in confusion and start debating who would be the least worthy. The debate devolves into argument which devolves into straight out fighting. A lizardman tackles a halfling and brains him with a brick. An ork guts a human with a stone shiv. A giant picks up a tentacled monstrosity and starts using it as a club against anyone in reach. As the tentacled monstrosity is pulped in the giant's hands from repeated blunt trauma against the others, those who are still standing gang up on the giant, knocking him down and tearing into him with teeth or any other rough weapon they can manage. A goblin pulls the giant's eye out as a trophy and ties it around his neck by the optic nerve just as some horned creature throws a large shard of glass into its grinning mouth. By the time all the fighting finally settles down, there is a single three-eyed mouth creature who apparently survived by staying out of the fight entirely. It walks over to Wujen and possibly says something. It's grunts are unintelligible, but judging by the way it points a tentacled claw at itself, it seems to think it is the least worthy.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:18 pm

WuJen picks up a shiny rock off the ground and with a flourish presents it to the creature, then walks back to the door of the sanctuary and again knock politely.

"The crowd has dispersed itself. It's safe to let me in."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:38 pm

The creature takes the rock and examines it for a moment before eating it. There is horrific grinding sound as it chews the stone to gravel. Then, apparently bored, it wanders off.

The voice in the horn says, "Fine. Get in. But no funny business or you end up like them, hear me?"

There is a thunking sound ans internal mechanisms unlock, followed by the door opening. This alerts more crazy people who immediately begin making a beeline for the door. The voice says, "Hurry up and get in. I'm shutting the door."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm

WuJen quickly enters the sanctuary.

"Thank you for seeing me. I've been set a task by Io, and it was suggested to me that you could point me in the right direction to accomplish it."

"His daughter is soon to be wed, and I have been sent to aquire a proper ring for the occasion. I am of course far below her station, especially as he sees it, but love rarely takes such things into account."

"So tell me, do you know where I might find a ring worthy of the daughter of Io, God of Dragons?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:43 pm

The door shuts as one of the crazies makes a dive for it. He almost makes it, but unfortunately almost is not enough as he is crushed between the wall and the door. He twitches a bit as the internal locking mechanisms click into place and eventually reduce his torso to goo. The remaining bits of his body that are not pinched in the door slump the ground with a plop.

A short man with goggles, a cigar and a long gray beard walks over and listens to what Wujen has to say. After taking a long puff out of his cigar, he releases the smoke and says, "My advice for you? Find another girl. Mortals aren't supposed to be mixing in the affairs of gods. I don't know how you got here, but I suggest you head back while you still have a head to head back with. One screw up and you're not just risking your life. You're risking your soul. A god like Io's got the pull to make sure your afterlife is an eternity of torment if he decides he doesn't like you."

Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot - Page 2 XLv1sZW
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:09 pm

WuJen smiles "That does seem to be the consensus, which may be why I was sent here to find the ring, crazy as this whole thing is. I didn't know who her father was when I fell in love, and to be honest even if I were to consider taking that advice I'm not sure if I could return on my own. I can't take that advice though, I'd sooner let her father devour me entirely than be the cause of her pain. Can you help with the ring?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 pm

The man says, "Sure can. Not sure whether I'm gonna or not yet though. Ain't just your reputation on the line. You bring back a ring I made that the ole dragon king doesn't like and that makes me look bad by proxy. And I don't like looking bad. I've got a ring I've been working on that might work, but it needs a gem. I was just gonna put a diamond in it, but it sounds like you need something a bit fancier than that. Preferably magical. Lucky for you I know of a gem that's both of those things. Only problem is I don't have it and I sure as hells ain't going out in that mess of a city to go get it, assuming it's still there to get."

He walks Wujen to the top of the wall and points to the ruins of one of the city's walled sanctuaries and says, "See that wrecked place over there? Used to be the residence of a wizard who had all sorts of weird magical doohickeys. One of those doohickeys wrecked his wall, and the crazies eventually did him in. In the basement of that house, he built a vault. In that vault he's got a rainbow gem. It's a very special and rare gem with magical properties. If you can get over there, open the vault, retrieve the gem, and bring it back to me in one piece. I'll consider finishing up that ring for you. There are no doubt a trove of interesting magical things in that vault, but please don't touch any of them. I've no idea what they can do and I'm sure at least half of them aren't terribly healthy. You'll know the gem because it's a gem and it's got shifting rainbow colors, obviously. Got all that?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 pm

"I can probably get in there. You know much about magic here? Spellcasting is a little different than I'm used to, how about summoning? Ordinarily I'd be summoning from here,. It to here."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:50 am

The man says, "Summoning? That the thing where people on the prime yoink people from other metaplanes to serve them on their plane? That's not really a thing here. Honestly it's kind of a weird kind of magic to be honest. One day you're walking along like nothing's going on, the next you're cranky and in some weird place where someone's asking you to go kill some other primer and you got damn near no say in the matter.

"I'm not an expert in magic beyond my little crafting specialty, so I couldn't tell ya if you can pull it off here or not, but I've never seen anyone around here doing it. I imagine they probably wouldn't be too popular if they did. Only thing I know is that the closer you get to the Spire, the less all magic works. Even the gods won't go near that thing unless they have no choice."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 am

"Yeah, I'm not sure either. I didn't really expect to be doing much besides visiting family when I came, so I didn't ask alot of questions. It's different on the prime, those we summon have alot of power we cannot otherwise access, not sure what would happen if I tried to bring, say, an air elemental here."

"Regardless, I have no doubt I can get over there on my own, maybe even get in. I'll give it a try at any rate. I don't suppose there is anywhere I can rest? I kind of burnt myself casting a spell earlier, and if I could take a day to recover I'd be most grateful."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41 am

Wujen and Little Dragon Tie the Knot - Page 2 1cad1f6f9ec35db1dc5499b0a19d1c5dHe shrugs and says, "Stay as long as you like, I've got nowhere to be. Just don't let any of the crazies in. You can rest in one of the guest rooms, if you like. Friendly warning: touch my wife and you won't touch anything ever again."

Within the walled sanctuary is a large stone building with various lethal looking gadgets pointed at the walls, apparently in case someone manages to breach it. The short man heads towards the front door and gives it a knock, shouting, "It's alright honey, you can open the door. We have a guest."

The door swings open revealing a gorgeous, red-skinned woman with horns, a barbed tail and the tightest clothing that one could wear without cutting off circulation. She smiles at the pair and says, "Welcome home. Please come in. It is not safe outside."

The man steps in and introduces the woman, "This is Denaria. Denaria, this is... come to think of it I never got your name. I am Udor by the way..."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 am

"I am usually called WuJen. Have no fear for your wife, lovely as she is. Io might not think too highly of me now, but at least he hasn't eaten me yet. I love my fiance and life both, I'll not be throwing either away today."

WuJen settles in to the Guest room and tries to rest to heal his wounds.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38 am

Wujen is shown to the guest room and allowed to rest. Though he has no real way of telling time accurately in this plane, he's pretty sure that the days and nights feel shorter. Or it might just be his imagination. As night comes, he realizes that he does not feel hungry, despite having not eaten the day and the others neither have nor offer a meal to him. Seems food is not a requirement here, or at least not food as he understands it.

With nothing better to do, Wujen goes to sleep but awakens in the middle of the night and feels like something is not right. As his consciousness focuses a little better, he realizes that while he is comfortably resting under a blanket, his clothes are missing. Denaria is standing in the room with the clothes drapes over her arm when she notices Wujen stirring. "Oh sorry to awaken you, Wujen," she says, "Just thought I'd wash those clothes for you since you do not appear to have brought a change with you. It is so nice to have a handsome young man around the house. We do not often get guests."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 am

"I appreciate the thought, though it's not necessary. I've lived quite rough in the past and a day or two in the same clothes isn't much of a hardship. I will gratefully accept your hospitality though, thank you."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:07 pm

Denaria smiles and approaches Wujen, saying, "I insist. If you are going to be doing errands for my husband, it is best you do so at your best."

She sits down next to him on the bed and begins to massage his shoulders. "Why don't you relax and let me take care of you. I can relieve all the aches, pains and uncomfortable stiffness you may have. It's the least I can do for a guest."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:47 pm

"No offense, because you are indeed a lovely creature to behold, but I am afraid the terms of my welcome and the nature of my errand force me to decline your kind offer. As a guest I'd not want to disturb your husband in any way, even if you are offering out of pure innocent intent and hospitality. The same goes for staying true to my love."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:24 pm

She runs a finger tip along Wujen's chin and says, "Shame. I'm very good at relieving stress. Are you sure I can't change your mind? It'll be a secret that never leaves this room."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm

"It would. I'd carry it with me wherever I went, and though it would be sweet It would poison my conscience for betraying my love. I am sure your skill is as great as your beauty, but for me there is only room for one woman, and she is waiting with her extremely imposing father for me to return."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 pm

She pouts and says, "As you wish. I'll still wash your clothes though. Let me know if you change your mind. "
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:36 pm

"Certainly, and thank you both for the favor and the kindness of your offer."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm

She leaves the room and allows Wujen to rest. When he wakes up, his clothes are neatly folded in a pile next to his bed and he feels slightly better than he did the day before, but far from healed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am