Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
6 posters

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 11 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by WuJen Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

WuJen says " Before I change anything let's get everyone together. Does anyone speak the ogres's language? Let's let him out. Keep these doors open until we are all in one place."

WuJen returns to the Jail room. Walking to nearly arms reach of the ghouls cage, and raises his voice "Hey, sorry I can't get closer, but your condition presents us with some issues, I hope you understand. I'd like to help you if I can, but I don't know what I can do. I'm taking anyone who wants to go and trying to leave this hut... but I really don't know what to do with you. This place has got to be hell on you."

(Ooc: not ignoring the ghoul, but also want to address the ogre when the chance arrises)

WuJen approaches the ogres cage, holding up his hands and trying to sound calming "I wish you could understand me. I'm going to let you out, and hope this goes peacefully..."
    WuJen opens the cage and steps back.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 11 Empty Re: 3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:05 pm

((The door to the cell room with the ogre should have closed when Ichigo opened the door to the lab. WuJen will have to open and close the door to get to the cell. And Ichigo will have to hold his door open while WuJen does that, or he'll be separated. Let's pause here for the GM too clean things up before accidentally splitting the party or making a bigger mess))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Hearing the ogre's irritation, Wujen walks back to the kitchen and the door he opens goes to the holding room on the first try. Sensing a pattern here, Grant holds open the door to avoid group separation as Wujen steps in and addresses the ogre and ghoul.

Meanwhile, back in the weighting room, the goblin holds his hands up in the universal gesture of confused frustration as he says, "Wait! Where ya going?"

The ghoul shouts, "You're putting conditioner in the presents? I don't understand why you would do that. What presents? And why do they need conditioner? "

The ogre doesn't make any indication of understanding Wujen, but at least understands that he's going to be set free. The ogre responds to his new freedom by grabbing hold of Wujen and shoving Wujen's head into his mouth. Holding Wujen's head firmly in place, he steps out of the cage and squeezes through the door to the kitchen. Wujen does not appear to be harmed by this, other than possibly his pride. Saliva dripping into his ears isn't doing himself any favors though.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:29 pm

"No one open any doors," Sam calls to the others.
    He steps in to the room and starts following WuJen's instructions. He puts weights 1-3 on one side and weights 4-6 on the other side of the scale.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Krista walks over to hold Sam's door and says, "If your plan is to hold open every door in the house, we're quickly going to run out of people to hold doors."

The scale remains balanced after Sam places the weights.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Sam removes all of the weights. He puts weight 7 on one side and weight 8 on the other side.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:48 am

The scale tips in favor of the 7.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:52 am

"Weight 7 is heavier than the other weights," Sam says to the goblin (this one is Booger, I think?) He takes the weights off of the scale, and replaces weight 8 on the table. He holds out weight 7, offering it to Booger.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 am

Booger accepts the weight and says, "Well, hope this is right. We aren't dead so at least it is right or the old witch didn't have some trap waiting for us if we got it wrong. Thanks. Booger doesn't really have anything to repay you, but if you happen to be in Baba Yaga's broom closet, look for the one with a red binding ribbon around the brush. If you hold onto it and say, 'Broom of spruce, let's vamoose', it will fly wherever you direct it to. It takes some practice to get right, but fun if you get the chance to use it. Babba never uses it these days since she prefers the pestle. So long as you don't tell her you're borrowing it, she won't even notice it's gone."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:53 am

WuJen does his best to extricate himself from the Ogres Embrace. "I really don't feel right leaving the ghoul to his fate. It's just cruel. Isn't there something we can do for him?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 am

Sam nods to the goblin. Then he makes his way around the room and opens the doors to see where they all go to.
    If he happens to see the broom closet (or the room with the heads) he'll stop.
    Otherwise, after mapping this room, he exits back out to the dining room (letting Krista let this door close) and opens and closes a side A door until he finds the broom closet.
    He goes in and retrieves the broom that Booger described (with Krista holding open the door for him, just in case of shenanigans from the rest of the group while he's rooting around for the right broom.)
    After retrieving the flying broom, he cycles the door to find the chess room.
    ((I know that's a lot of stuff, but it should all be pretty straightforward and easy for Sam to accomplish, and gets me to the next time I have to think about what Sam does next))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:31 am

((As far as players solving the puzzles goes... I'll leave it up to you guys. I'm as daft as Sun in reality too Laughing Just instruct him to do something. Otherwise, if he's not holding doors open, he's gonna help WuJen with the ogre or look for some fabric, preferably leather or such, to serve as mittens and muzzle for the ghoul))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

Ichigo will do what is asked of him by his team "just let me know what to do..I'm out of my element here Sorry I'm not being more useful then a doorstop lol"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Checking the doors, Sam opens out into the broom closet on his first attempt and grabs hold of the broom. Booger says, "That's the one!" as Sam steps back into the weighting room with it in hand. When he attempts the doors further, they seem to also access the sitting room, the holding room, a stable and the servant's quarters, the latter of which seems to have another goblin sleeping in a bed.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:51 pm

((all of the doors in this room access all the same other rooms?))
    Sam goes back to the dining room and opens one of doors A until he finds the chess room.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

"Let me know when it's a good time to go check out the lab"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm

"It is open for you right now, Ichigo," Sam calls out through the rooms.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 pm

With various people holding open doors, your group currently has a pathway between the alchemy lab, kitchen, dining hall and now, as Sam opens it, the chess room. Grant, Sun and Krista are currently keeping the doors open, leaving Sam and Ichigo free to walk around. Wujen tries to pull himself out of the ogre's mouth and is eventually spat out violently, causing him to tumble to the kitchen floor, slimy saliva coating his head and upper chest. The ogre says something to Wujen in Jotun while making indistinct hand gestures.

The room Sam opens up is filled with black and white checker tiles lining the walls, floor, ceiling and even the four doors. At the center of the room is a table and chair, upon which is a chess board and a few chess pieces.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Sam opens all the doors to see where they lead to.
    After mapping this room's connections, he inspects the chess board.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 am

WuJen takes some time to deslime himself, and checks to see if he can find an online desian-jotun translator.

"Where are we at with this Sam? I was thinking we should be aiming for either a bedroom, which might have a window, or a garage where she parks the pestle. Booger, you ever play with that broom outside?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 am

Assuming Sam can hear WuJuen, he shouts back:
    "I have not seen any windows or a garage."
    ((pretty sure Booger's room is closed off to us right now. WuJen could certainly open it back up if he wants to talk to Booger))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Wujen sees that his commlink has no signal. Given that he is in the middle of nowhere, that is of no surprise. The hut itself is probably doing matrix signal no favors. With the weighting room now cut off, Booger does not reply. While in the kitchen, Snot notices Wujen trying to clean himself off and offers a towel.

The moment Sam enters the chess room, the door shuts behind him. Krista was trying to hold it open, but just couldn't manage to do so and no matter how many times she tries to open the door again, it does not seem to connect to the chess room either. When Sam tries the doors on his end, they do not budge.

Examining the chess pieces he immediately sees they are very strange however because they consist of only 8 black queens. A note nearby is written in western common and elven.

3B - One flew over the cuckoo hut - Page 11 2586q6e
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:21 pm

((Oooh I've seen this one in The 7th Guest))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Sam reads the note.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 pm

((I think the puzzle is going to be some version of place all the queens on the board so that no queen is attacked by any other queen. If that's the puzzle Sam does the following))

Sam places a queen at a8, c7, e6, g5, h1, f2, d3, and b4.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm