Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

Post mission 2 wrapups

GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Re: Post mission 2 wrapups

Post by GameMaster on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:36 am

I think 5, but doesn't hurt to have a force 6. It's just one more day.
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm

MAGIC PEOPLE
    Alright, now that we have the group formed, everyone who wants to get started on their initiations, give me a Magic + Intuition [Astral] (initiate grade, 1 month) Extended Test. For everyone other than Torpor, that means you need 1 success and every hit beyond the first will reduce the time it takes you. For Torpor, that means you need at least 2 hits and any more than that will reduce your time.

As I have said elsewhere, you don't spend your karma until you've finished initiating and I don't really expect any of you to roll well enough to complete your initiation before the next mission so even if you are short on karma its probably best to just get started now. The rewards for the next mission and onward will be greater than what I've handed out so far.

EVERYONE
    Last chance for advancement and doing whatever it is you want to do during your down time. I would like everyone to leave a post here letting me know that they have finished doing any advancements and there is nothing else they want to do with their down time. Once I've heard from everyone, I'll post up the next batch of runs.
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

Post by Torpor on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 pm

((magic+intuition 7+6 test for initiation))

Torpor carried out 13 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 pm

((hot damn!!! Look at all that smoke))
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Sato rolled to initiate earlier (not great), pasted again below for reference.

Purchases
    - 4,265Y for group ritual donation
    - 1,250Y for magical potion for ordeal
    - 1,600Y for Ares Industrious clothing with Electrochromic add-on
    - (no rent because lifestyle is free as part of Mentor Spirit)

Karma Spend
    - 5K to join magical group

Loose Ends
    Aside from needing to complete his ordeal within the next 4 days, he is good to go.
    (Should we start a separate thread on this?  I probably want to get some help from Sam in scouting it and maybe WuJen’s spirits for his exit plan if things get hot[/i]

GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 pm

@Sato - It is up to you how you want to approach the ordeal. You're basically the Johnson for the run. You can try to do it alone or you can try to recruit any of the others. Up to them if they want to go with you of course. Assuming you're going to take it up (you don't have to if you don't want to), the ordeal will be your mission for this particular round of runs, so once you have your team ready, we'll start a thread for that.
    Since you aren't getting paid for the job, there will be a higher karma payout than average and the potential for other rewards to balance out the lack of cash for whoever is willing to join you. It is clearly meant to be an assassination job though, so some of the others might not want to be involved with something like that.

With your roll it will take 2 weeks to fully initiate. So long as you have your ordeal completed by then, you'll be ready to go with your new initiate grade before we do our next set of runs.

@Torpor - Nice rolling! You actually surpassed your astral limit, so with 6 successes, that means you potentially finish initiation in 6 days. Your ordeal takes at least 29 days though, so you still have to complete that. Unless you've changed your mind, you were going with one of the Nine Paths to Enlightenment, right? You still need to pick one. Remember each path has 2 stats. I pick first, then you get the second one. You get to add your current grade to the roll (1) while I add the new grade to mine (2). If you win the roll, you'll complete it in 29 days. If you fail, you need to go another 29 days. I will have more dice than you on this opposed test (how many more depends on which path you take, but best case scenario, I have 1 more) so there is a fair chance of failure. The paths (and their stats) are:
    - Resilience (Strength, Body)
    - Flow (Willpower, Logic)
    - Balance (Agility, Intuition)
    - Spirit (Willpower, Intuition)
    - Harmony (Body, Charisma)
    - Instinct (Reaction, Intuition)
    - Mastery of Time and Space (Logic, Intuition)
    - Control (Willpower, Strength)
    - Satori (Charisma, Magic)

If you are sticking with this particular ordeal, let me know which path you want to take. Otherwise, let me know what other ordeal you would like to take.
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 am

Staying with that ordeal, going with balance
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am

I'm done with things that I wanted to accomplish for Sam in this downtime. Sato asked him for some preliminary help with his ordeal, so I'd like for Sam to give him the information that he asked for, if it's relatively easy to obtain. If it would have to be a bigger hack to accomplish, maybe it would need to get folded in to the next mission. I don't think Sam would be down for an assassination run, but I think that he would be willing to provide support from a distance (ie, hacking in to a hotel system)
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

Post by RafV on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 am

RafV carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sun spends a bit of time reading up on a book he found, called "Leadership for dummies" and got the leadership skill lvl 1
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

@Torpor - Alright, here's my intuition roll (6+2=Cool. You give me an agility roll (5+1=6).

GameMaster carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,

@Magic group - Oh! I forgot to mention the drain to the ritual. You guys all ended up taking 10S drain. Presumably you each manage to remain conscious through that (except possibly Wujen) and sleep it off afterwards though.

GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:29 am

Stupid emojis... so yeah, you need 3 hits on 6 dice to pass your ordeal
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

((agility+initiation 5+1))

Torpor carried out 6 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , ,
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:14 pm

((of course now I roll shitty when I need it. Never fails. Story of my life. Let's just spend the next 6 years trying to initiate again))
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm

((and you already said we cannot edge these rolls right?))
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:16 pm

yep, no edge. To be fair, you did pick the longest and most difficult of ordeals I'll let you change it this once if you want.
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm

Otherwise everyone else (including the people with no magic at all) will be like 5th grade before you finish your ordeal Razz
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Lol ok, let me see if I can find another one

Unless you have an idea for a good one for me
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Would swearing an oath to the group, to uphold our beliefs and protect the community be acceptable? Kind of be the resident champion
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm

It's kind of too close to the fraternity oath you've already made. If you want to make an oath, it'll have to be something else.

Lets see what options there are:

- Nine Paths to Enlightenment - as demonstrated will take forever to complete. Not really ideal to take.

- Metaplanar Quest - Really meant for mages. It's possible for adepts but will require some special drug called shade to manage since you need to astrally project to do it. Either that or you need to find and befriend a free spirit both willing and capable of making an astral gateway for you and that's troublesome.

- Asceticism - Personally I like this ordeal, but going without vehicles, commlinks, guns and any other tech for a month could be pretty rough for you.

- Deed - This one is kind of the go to ordeal for most people. You just go on a specific run for this. You can buy the same drug Sato took for guidance on such a deed or figure one out on your own that would be appropriate for your mentor spirit.

- Familiar - you don't have the skills to do this, so not really an option

- Geas - This is actually a pretty fun option, but the 5e book fails to explain it properly. A geas is some sort of limitation on your powers. When not fulfilling your geas, your powers don't work. But some examples from older editions include:
    talisman (you make a talisman and your powers only work while you have it)
    location (your powers only work in a specific type of location, city for example)
    condition (your powers only function during some specific condition, such as when you are unwounded, drunk, high on drugs, whatever)
    ritual (You need to perform some kind of ritual within the last 24 hours for your powers to work. Examples the old book as include: the character must have bathed in natural spring water, prayed towards Mecca, had sexual intercourse with a partner, or whatever)
    time (your powers only function during a particular time, such as day/night, some season, etc)
    There are others but they don't really work for an adept. You could possibly come up with some other one though

-  Oath - Possible, but with all the oaths you've already sworn it might be difficult to come up with one that doesn't overlap them

- hermit - Not too difficult to do. Just have to live a street lifestyle for a month. However, you will need to make some survival checks, and if you don't have survival, you're probably not going to be able to finish this

- sacrifice - You lose one  point from one of your attributes. Kind of harsh, but on the up side, there is no chance of failure.

- thesis/masterpiece - you need to create some sort of work of art or writing. For Torpor, I imagine it to be designing the blueprint for some kind of gun. I'd be willing to let you use your armorer skill for this if you wanted. It will probably take around 3-4 weeks, depending on how you roll.

Personally, I like deed or geas for Torpor. Masterpiece might work too. It would take the longest of the 3 but not unreasonably so. Geas could be completed right now (though the next round of jobs will happen before you finish your initiation prep). Deed would be completed with your next run (assuming you succeed).
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Talisman geas, I get a gear type looking fetish/necklace. And meditate with it? And attune it to myself ((I'll look for a cool pic))
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

you would probably make it. Maybe some cool necklace with blessed bullet casings on it or something
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm

I like that actually. Need me to roll b/r to make it?
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Nah, no roll needed. You'll just be making it during the course of your initiation prep
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by WuJen on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Ok, so with the 9 Karma and 5k Wujen is going with forming the magica group, and binding the manipulation foci.  He will keep the change from the 5k, and save the last 2 karma for later---I need to raise Enchanting, raise Little Dragon, etc... so every little bit helps.

My willingness to help Sato will depend on how much I know about this thing haunting him, and the nature of the target.  WuJen is pretty Idealistic, which is why he keeps diving in to save random street girls, helpless henchmen, ghouls, spiders,  etc.... and dragging the rest of the team along for that ride.

If the target can be proven to be a real detriment to the health of the community at large, he would at least lend a hand in a support roll, though likely unwilling to participate in the killing itself.
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Sato is quite open with Sam that he needs to know more about the person inhabiting the penthouse suite of the Aman hotel.  He wants to find out enough about this person to know whether or not they are a bad guy and worthy of death before he draws anyone else in.  

In the meantime, he does some of his own legwork.  He asks the concierge at his hotel about the hot new hotels in town and whether there are any swank parties coming up.  He tries his best not to be specific about the Aman in particular so nothing traces back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:17 am