Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

Post mission 2 wrapups

GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post mission 2 wrapups

Post by GameMaster on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Alright, so anything you guys want to get done over the next bit of downtime until your next mission, post here.

In particular I'd like to hear any of the following:

Purchases
    If you want to purchase anything, let me know. If it is not restricted or forbidden and has an availability of 6 or less, you can just find it easily enough. Anything higher will involve availability checks. Anything that is restricted or forbidden will require you to have an appropriate contact.

Karma use
    It takes time to train up whatever use of karma you plan on doing, so let me know what you want to do or if you need help figuring out how to do it.

Run Proposals
    If there is either a general type of run you would like to go on or a personal run that you would like to go on, let me know. An example of a general type would be something like, "I would like to go on a run that involves a lot of stealth," or "I want to do a high speed car chase!" A personal run would be something like, "I would like to do something to help that orphan that I mentioned in my background story," or "I want to hunt down that son of a bitch that damn near killed me last run."

Other personal stuff
    Things like hanging out with your contacts, research about something/someone, picking up a side job, summoning up and binding a spirit, whatever. Let me know anything your character wants to get done.

For any rolls you need to make during downtime, I won't be allowing the use of edge. The reason being that since you can sleep it off and get it back immediately, it is no longer a finite resource and therefore there is no reason not to use it for every single roll, which defeats it's purpose. So no edge during this down time.
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

Re: Post mission 2 wrapups

Post by WuJen on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:39 pm

I know you posted it before but I'm having a hard time finding it now...  What's the ending Karma and Cash rewards for all of this?
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:48 pm

winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Sato and his ace negotiating skills (and thinly disguised mob black market pipeline) are available for anyone looking for high-availability (or illegal) wares. Just let me know.
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:54 am

To address some things that have ooc come up in the IC section:

The Base
    The base was initially intended as a magic group ritual place, but it is now a central base of operations for you and a good place for people to contact you with work.

Programs/Complex forms
    Yes, now that we have a good grasp of matrix stuff, you can feel free to invest in programs.

Purchasing above 6 availability
    Anything with an availability above 6 takes some finding to get. Note that availability ratings are assuming you are making the purchase through less than legal means (such as a shifty dude in the back of a van or through one of your contacts) because 1) you don't have a SIN and/or 2) every purchase you make is linked to a SIN and thus any illegal activity that you happen to get up to while using said gear can be tracked back to you (particularly the stuff with wireless connections aka most stuff, which can basically leave behind a handy map of where you've been to any authorities who happen to follow it). So while gear of higher availability ratings can absolutely be purchased by normal people, you are assumed to not be normal people.
    The process for purchasing such gear is either:
    a) call up one of your contacts and ask them to handle it. If they say yes, you just have to pay them for their services (usually they expect some money/favor for their trouble unless they have a particularly high loyalty) and wait for them to deliver on them. This is the easiest way to get stuff.
    b) look for it yourself. This requires social skills and/or money. You make a negotiations+charisma check vs the availability of the item in question. If you win, you find someone who can get it for you and it will eventually be delivered to you (more hits means you get it faster). every 25% of the item's value that you are willing to throw at the problem gives you 1 extra die up to a maximum of 12 extra dice. Since a lot of you have no social skills, that means you will probably be relying on your contacts to be making these purchases.

Forming your magical group
    It won't take long to do this. The only time involved is whatever it takes to create the ritual circle you need to perform your ritual in (which takes [force] hours if you make a temporary one or [force] days if you make a permanent one) and the time for the ritual itself (which takes [force] hours to complete). Remember that the ritual has a base force of 14, but you are assumed to be taking some strictures to lower the force to something that won't murder you all. I don't remember what strictures you were planning to choose off hand, but you guys should finalize them and regardless of whether you go for a permanent of temporary ritual circle, you should be able to form the group during the down time. Initiation is what really takes a lot of time. You need to make a Magic + Intuition [Astral] (initiate grade, 1 month) Extended Test. If you get a whole lot of hits, you might possibly get it done in time for the next adventure. It is more likely that you will have a while to wait before it kicks in.
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

Post by Torpor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:26 am

Base 14 ? I thought it was base 12 + 4 for all magic types? Did I do the equation wrong? All the structures and punishments brought it down to force 6 once done. It's on the 5ecc thread, first post.
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Okay. So, do we need to go back and retcon Sam asking Sato to get him the commlink, and order him the modules? I'll also be purchasing some programs... Programs seem like they're 6R. Do I need to go through Sato for those, too? (I'm saying go through Sato, because it doesn't seem likely that Sam would have a way to do it himself. I didn't think to get him an electronics dealer contact)
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Torpor wrote:Base 14 ? I thought it was base 12 + 4 for all magic types? Did I do the equation wrong? All the structures and punishments brought it down to force 6 once done. It's on the 5ecc thread, first post.

It's 12 + 2 for each additional tradition. You have shinto adepts and a hermetic mage. One of those is gonna be free, then +2 for the other.
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 pm

I figured plus shaman for later just in case so 14. Total is 6 in the end
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Also, I'm assuming either my arms dealer, or Street doc could get me doses of dmso and narcojet so I can make more rounds
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

I figured plus shaman for later just in case so 14. Total is 6 in the end

You have to do the ritual again each time a new member joins the group, so you can worry about that extra penalty later.

Also, I'm assuming either my arms dealer, or Street doc could get me doses of dmso and narcojet so I can make more rounds

yep, they'll charge you 15% per dose and can get you about 10 doses for the moment.

Okay. So, do we need to go back and retcon Sam asking Sato to get him the commlink, and order him the modules? I'll also be purchasing some programs... Programs seem like they're 6R. Do I need to go through Sato for those, too? (I'm saying go through Sato, because it doesn't seem likely that Sam would have a way to do it himself. I didn't think to get him an electronics dealer contact)

yeah, you'll probably have to get Sato to order stuff for you. With his bonuses, it shouldn't take too long for the legal things. He would have a little trouble with the restricted stuff though. If you want to get an intro to a contact that would be useful for decker stuff, you could contact Rokudenashiko and negotiate with her.
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Okay, so this is what I have ya'll doing atm. Apologies if I missed one of you, and if there is something you want done during this down time that I didn't mention, let me know. You'll presumably all be working on the new clubhouse to make it presentable.

Chougou
    - Possibly upgrading vehicles/drones?

Ichigo
    - Nothing mentioned

Nobu
    - nothing mentioned

Sam
    - hunting down a new contact
    - buying gear
    - fixing deck
    - upgrading gear

Sato
    - beginning initiation (Possibly doing a deed or nine paths to enlightenment as an ordeal)
    - group bond ritual

Sun
    - meditating 7 karma into his staff
    - possibly learning a new skill or two
    - group bond ritual
    - I think I saw some mention of researching the ork from the gang, but can't find where it was said

Tetsu
    - (Left the game)

Torpor
    - purchasing drugs
    - purchasing some kind of skillsofts
    - group bond ritual
    - presumably beginning initiation (taking an ordeal?)
    - learning a skill or two
    - getting spider food?

Wujen
    - group bond ritual
    - throwing karma into little dragon?

I think that's everyone and everything they are doing during the down time, did I miss anything?

Last edited by GameMaster on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm

I had also asked how we were going to handle specialization rules. I'd like to add a cybercombat specialization, but that seems like it's taking some advantage of the custom rules.
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Also, Sam is installing and upgrading the gear. Idk if it's important to specify that in this rundown here, but he should have an R5 commlink with 1 Sleaze and 1 Attack ratings at this point. He also has to install the Coprocessor once he gets that.
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Sam Dekker wrote:I had also asked how we were going to handle specialization rules. I'd like to add a cybercombat specialization, but that seems like it's taking some advantage of the custom rules.

Coulda swore I answered this. You can have it just fine. I don't mind. 7 karma and a month of training and you're golden.
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 pm

GameMaster wrote:
    Sam Dekker wrote:I had also asked how we were going to handle specialization rules. I'd like to add a cybercombat specialization, but that seems like it's taking some advantage of the custom rules.

Coulda swore I answered this. You can have it just fine. I don't mind. 7 karma and a month of training and you're golden.

Okay. So, Sam will start doing that too. Maybe he'll ask Akina if she knows someone he could train with?
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:44 pm

(ooc:  I'm betting she volunteers for one on one study time spent "cyberwrestling" with you...)
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm

WuJen wrote:(ooc:  I'm betting she volunteers for one on one study time spent "cyberwrestling" with you...)

Whaaaaat? No way!
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 pm

(ooc: hey, she has to be sure he lives up to that user name...)
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:38 pm

He doesn't.

Sent from Topic'it App
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:40 pm

(oh, and yeah.... My cash and karma start the magical group. I'd toss the rest into Little Dragon, but she would not even notice. Seriously, she's a upper class from me dining kind of girl, no getting away with small potatoes.
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:42 pm

He may not live up to it now, but that's why you train. and train. and train. and train.
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 pm

I'm going to wait on The skills purchase. I need to pay for group startup and 1 point of initiation. I'll grab 1 point of perception and 1 point of tasking. And wait for skill softs
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Yes, Sato will start the initiation process through an ordeal.  He will consult with his contact Ichiro Doumeki (the spirit prof at the Mingmei Institute of Sorcery who knows about his condition) about which ordeal would both appeal to his spirit but also increase his power over it - his long term goal is to rid himself of it.  ((ooc: Sato is cursed, so I don’t expect these missions to be easy or particularly pleasant for him))

Sato continues to extend the his “Free Finder’s Service” invitation to his colleagues ((ooc: his Made Man quality allows 10% off for restricted or stolen gear which is a pretty big deal and something you should take advantage of))
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Valacan wrote:I would like to know how much do I need to pay for the initial charge for the building and how much for life style since I'm going to be living at the fire house.

I believe I said that the building itself is going to be 5,000, split however many ways it's getting split (according to our poll, that's 6 ways, so that's 833 each for the moment).

You still have to pay for an individual lifestyle of whatever you want it to be (since lifestyle also covers things like food, clothing, transportation, entertainment expenses, phone bill, etc), but you get a discount on it because of the shared building. So take whatever your normal lifestyle is and knock 15% off it. Since you are currently living a low lifestyle, that would mean you pay 1,700 a month, payable after our next adventure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:51 am