Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
RafV
WuJen
Torpor
GameMaster
8 posters

Setting up home base

winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Setting up home base - Page 22 Empty Re: Setting up home base

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 pm

((Sorry about being MIA yesterday - we live in NorCal and needed to get the family out of the smoke))

Sato gives Carl a firm handshake.
    "Thanks a million, pardner.  You're a lifesaver."

He flicks on his commlink and calls his contact Tomi Gomi.  
    "Oi Gomi-kun I have a few friends that want to film a monster movie - do you know of any out-of-the way places in the tunnels which would make for a cool monster lair?"
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 pm

At the mention of Tomi Gomi Chougou's ears perk up. They were friends a long time ago.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 pm

((I know it's reductionist/trite to say, but stay safe, Sato's player.))

Last edited by Sam Dekker on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 pm

((you and your families safety is first priority, we aren't going anywhere))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:20 pm

((That makes both WuJen and Sato with IRL housing trouble. Let's hope there won't be a third, or this group may be cursed. You both take good care now!))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Setting up home base - Page 22 Backer_humanfemale_estherzinnTomi picks up, but the connection is terrible and very difficult to understand (as one might expect from the tunnels),"H̷̘̾̀e̷̺̺̅ÿ̷̦̲́,̴̙͚͗ ̵̦̊́S̸̹̀̆a̸͖̳͐̊t̷̗̐o̵͉̘͛.̴̼̈́͘͜ ̶̪̚Ȃ̴͎͎n̴̬͝d̶̟̝̑ ̶̖̱̽y̸̫̌o̸͚̓͋u̸̬͒́ ̷̖͓͆d̴̩̄͜ó̸̹̙ ̴̛̯͗k̸͈͑̑n̷̛̹͖̊ô̸̩̦̈́ẅ̶̙́ ̷̡̘̒͠Ḯ̵̡̊'̵̼͋͝m̴̞̃̑ ̵̮́a̵̳̽͂ ̵͇̘̈́g̴͕͇͑i̴͍̺͝͠ŗ̴̥̈́͐l̵͕̮̀̀,̴̺͗̔ ̸̤͐̌ŕ̴̦̳͝ǐ̶̤͊ǵ̶͈h̷͖͚͆͛t̴͔̑ ̸̫̲̽j̶̹̝̿̓a̴͈͚̓̂ć̵̡̚k̵̪͊a̸̰̅s̸̮̖̀̆s̷̙͆̾?̷͙͕́̇ ̵̣̅
    ̶̹̜̽̉
    ̷̥̪̔͠B̴̪̋ü̶͇t̴̪͍̎͠ ̴̢͒a̵̫͗́n̴̺̩̓̑ẙ̶̨w̵͉͕̾ȃ̷͎̹̉ÿ̷̡̝,̷̳̉̈ ̴͔̈̿ȳ̶̡͕o̵̦͎̎ȕ̸̺̺ ̴͙̐w̴̲̦̿͐a̵͚͇̔͝n̵̺͉̉t̶̛̫̍ ̴̭̼̇̄s̶̞͎̎ó̷͎̞m̶̞̋̋ͅe̸̝̙̿̚ ̷̹̟̿̎p̶̳̅ͅḽ̵̿͘a̸̙͛c̸̨͉̔ẹ̷̳͗ ̸̺̔̀ő̶̗̽u̴̘̅t̸͕͊ ̵̣͂̀ȏ̷̢̖f̴̝̣̌͝ ̴̛͕̫͛t̸̙̋͘h̶̰̔͝ẹ̷̛̏͜ ̵̼̣̅w̷̖̋a̴̬͌ͅy̴̞̓?̷͇̦̈́̌ ̴̜͕͆̔Ţ̷̩̎h̸͓͍̃e̶̠̔͆ ̵̰̺̈̕t̸̺͠u̵̼̽n̷̪̾n̷̮͍͑̋è̶̡̳̿l̴̼̓s̶̞̔ͅ ̵͍̪̌̍a̴̰̩͌͆r̸̬̒̿e̷͉͆̍ ̷̱́̍ͅp̶̱̓͛r̴̤̉̇ë̸͇́t̴̹̉͐t̵̛͉̞̃ỳ̸̜ ̶̮̱͑c̵̥̹̉͐r̸̺͒͝ỏ̷͕͘ẘ̷̙̝d̸̛͔͕ę̴̝̽͠d̴̟͇̎̚.̶̙̘̅ ̴̖͍́N̵͍̹̋͌o̷̭̙͝ť̶̲̙̈ ̷̝̭̍a̴̦͝ ̵̲̑̓ẁ̴̤͊h̸̯̠̋̇ȏ̶̦̬l̴̜̯̒͊e̷̩͕̿ ̶̜͍̐͒l̴̠͋o̴̥͌̅t̴̖͙͗̚ ̵̝͓̎̚ô̴̧͙͘f̸͖͌ ̴̬̘̓̈́r̴̫͐̒o̶̜̓o̴̖̽m̵̾͒͜ͅ ̸̠̀͘f̷͚͗̒o̵̦͛͠r̷̖̽̃ ̵̼̌͆p̷̦̄͝r̷͇̖̉i̶̱̥͊v̷̮͛̅a̷̡̭͂c̵̨̆͛y̵̬͉͛.̴̘̘̈ ̵̹̖̂T̴̨͉̒̌h̴̫͚͆͠e̸͈̦͑ ̷̡͖͌o̵̧̙͝n̷̺͝l̸̦̟̔̃y̶̺̿̕ ̴̞͐͆w̸̱͆͝a̴̤̦̒ý̵̧̞̽ ̷̨͙͊y̶̢̮̓͝ȯ̴̺̲ǔ̵̪͋'̸̻͓̅r̴̟̟̈é̵͈̮ ̵͓̫́g̸̦̑o̷͕͆̐n̴̰̔n̵̬̋a̶̙͖̅ ̶̥̰̿f̵̧̨͐i̵͔̒n̵͔̫͌͋d̸̗̾ ̴̘̀̽ş̴̚ő̷͎̳̚m̴̩͖̒̽e̸̖͈̓p̸͎̈l̵̪̉̃ạ̸̫̈ç̴͓̊̈́e̸͕͈̎ ̸͕̠͋̓h̸͉͔̿i̴̲̎̌d̵̺̣̕d̸̬̽͛͜ḛ̵̡͛ṉ̷̰̄͘ ̶̻͋ä̴͙́͑͜ẃ̴͖̫̀a̴̮̓̓y̴̥͓͘ ̶̗̉ỉ̸̢̜s̸̘͈̎̚ ̴͔̾̇ȉ̶ͅf̵͚̘͑ ̷̙͕̈̐I̶̗͉̕̕ ̸̪͝t̷͇̿̌a̸̮̭͋̕k̵͇̊̐ȩ̵̈́̕ ̶̡̖͗̈y̶̢͊ơ̷̟̿u̵̠̚ ̶̼͒ḑ̵̛̪ó̴͜w̶͈̳̋n̶̙͈͋ ̴̧̄͝ͅt̴͎͕̎ơ̴̫̩ ̷̛̲t̸͕͉̋̔h̸̞͛é̶̳͝ ̶̮͉͗͠d̷͈͂e̸̢̡͝ȩ̷̉p̵̼̎̆.̴͓̔ ̴̧̓̔Ŝ̷͔h̵̹̕i̵͓͂ͅţ̸̂̉ ̴̡̛̪ĭ̶̹̻͂s̶̢͗ ̸͈̏͂d̶̹̭̑̔ă̵̞n̵̙̰͐̑g̴͇̣̋͠ë̷̩͈r̷͎̓͛o̷̡̹̔u̸͖͓͋s̷̩̝̈̚ ̸͓͂̈́ḏ̴͔̽̾o̸̭̊̑w̴̥̙̅̃n̵̤̩̓ ̵̨̽̒t̷͕̗̓̌h̸́ͅe̶͚̮͝͝r̵̦͊͌è̵̲͙̾ ̷̖̝́s̴̨͠ȯ̵̻ ̶̪̇͆ì̸̢͔f̸̗̪̀̍ ̴͈̑͝y̵̮͆͒ͅo̷̢̐ṵ̵̾ ̵̧͍́ẇ̵̧̇ȁ̷̰͝ṋ̷̼̐t̷̩̅̒ ̴̻̩̇a̴̛͓͝ ̸̛̪͉g̶̱̯̀̿u̷͔̐́i̴̲͊ͅd̶̫̽e̸̡̮͊,̸̩̈ ̶̻̀y̷̖͒̌ỏ̸̥̅ȕ̶̳͇͝ ̸̢̕̕b̴̰̒̀e̵̖͛t̸̝͙̅͋t̵̛͎e̶̞̘̚r̸̠͓̀ ̴̪͒͜h̴̠̮̿à̵̟̻̍v̵̢̈e̷̡͇͌̅ ̷͔̽s̵̖̄͠o̷̾ͅm̸̂͒ͅͅe̸͉̱̐ ̷̛̟͑m̷͓̈́͘o̴̤̽͑n̴̨̞̾̋ḛ̷̘͊ỳ̴̮͈ ̴̣̙̓f̴̖̩̀o̷͎͒̊r̷̗̱̈́͌ ̷̨̔̔m̵̺̿e̴̩͉̓̊.̴̺̰͑̎ ̷̢̩͠A̷̘͐́c̴̦͙̄t̸̞̗̅̈́ȕ̵̮͎͐a̶͙̋l̸̛̦ ̶̛͕̺ṁ̵̬͗ỏ̷̰n̵̨̗̊͋e̶̤͈̓̌ÿ̵̢̞́̽.̵̻̔̂ ̴͔̖̍̐N̸̖̼̋̀ö̶̻̖͑n̵̼̳̂̚e̵̮̍ ̵̫͙͌o̷̱̓̑f̷͇̝̉̄ ̵̗̂̑t̴̘͉̽h̸̗͒͘å̷̭̻͝t̶̬̮́̈́,̵̛͎͆ ̶̨̋I̷͇̚'̶̟́̓l̶̳̓̇l̵͎̉̈ ̷͉̂ō̴̢͉͋ẉ̶͛̏e̸̗̅̚ͅ ̵̠̲͠y̸̧̅o̷͇̎̿u̷͇̎ ̷̨̃͑a̸̬͛ ̶̨̀ͅf̷̛̙̻a̷̫̮͠v̴̫̇̋ơ̷͜r̵̯̜͌̅ ̷̞͐c̵̟͐͝r̸̢̠̂͐a̵̲͑p̵͉̐,̴̱̞͊ ̵̹̯͐g̷̠̈́o̶̠͚͂̇t̴̮̫̔̀ ̸͊͜i̷̳͔͊ẗ̵̩?̸̭̕ ̶̡̊͠I̶͔̾f̶̯̽͝ ̸̢̑Í̴̦̿'̴̥́m̸̻͆ ̵̮̼̿ġ̴̱̂ó̶̰ṋ̵̰͗ǹ̸̟̒a̴͍̙͊ ̴̡̨͝b̷̭̘͐͘ë̷̦́̍ ̸̪͋̍r̵̭͆i̵̠̝͒̚s̷͓̟̾k̷̤͉̏ị̷̏̉n̶͔͝͝g̷̖͑̕ ̴̹̇̎m̷͎͈͐̚y̵̦̒̕ ̶͎̀̀͜l̷̤̓i̶͚̊f̷̱̘̀͌e̸͎͆ ̶̦̬͘t̷̬̪̔ä̷̬̖k̶̮͑̃i̸̪̝̓̍n̴͙̳̈́ǵ̸̰̃ ̵͈̍y̶̝͝ő̸̱̹ù̷̝͂͜ ̸̙̐d̸̢̔̑o̸̧̟͋w̴̢͈̄n̴̨̰̊̓ ̶̪̲͝t̶͓̉̐h̴͇̝̀͆e̵̢͓͐̈́r̶̼̔͋ȅ̵̤,̶̪͓̐ ̵̩̲̆͛I̷̼̠̓ ̸̝̌ḅ̵̄ḛ̴̿͊t̸̖̔ͅt̶̥͝ë̶̡̤̀r̴̪̳̈́ ̴̻̽a̴̡͂t̸͈͈͛ ̶̱̚l̶͕̪̾̕e̸̦͚̽̒ẳ̷̖̤s̴͈̆t̶̼̀ ̵̰̼̀ḩ̴͕̒͐ą̴̖̂̅v̷̦͒e̷͓̹͊͝ ̴̫̈ả̷̞ ̵̛͖̥f̵̣͖̃͝ů̷̫ľ̶̹͝l̶̩͎͘ ̶̥̈́͊ḃ̵͖ę̴̺͘l̶̠̎ĺ̷̳̮́y̶̫͛ ̴̨̿ả̵̮f̵̙̓t̸̢̰̃̄ȇ̷͕͉̎r̶̥̽w̴̦͑a̴͖̟̋ř̷͚ď̴̇ͅs̸̙͖̄.̷̢͂"

((Stay safe!))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:39 pm

((Thanks for the kind words, but no need to worry about us.  Fortunately we are nowhere near the fires.  Unfortunately, we are downwind, so we left for Thanksgiving break a bit early to get out of the plume - it's like Apocalypse Now in the Bay Area right now - orange sun casting everything in an eerie light and choking, smoggy air. ))

Sato's face twitches at his gaffe "Sorry Gomi-chan, I'm trying this new thing where I address everyone the same.  It was suggested by a new friend of mine that insidious patriarchy infuses everything in the Desian culture.  Anyways, I'll discuss your suggestion with the director and I'll call you back."

Sato hangs up and turns to the group - "There may be an option to film in the tunnels, but there's a chance of danger.  I think we should proceed with our plan soonish - I don't want to take the chance that one of our employers decides to snoop on our progress."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm

"Anyplace will do. So long as Carl doesn't mind putting these guys up for a day or two we can revisit this situation later.

I suggest the Kita Barrens for the same reasons our last employer did- few cameras and fewer witnesses. So long as we can find some place that seems like a believable squat we can do the rest on the open street."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 am

"How many of us do you need for the video? Should we all tag along, or is that too much?" Torpor says over comms.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 am

At least a couple of our more physical people. I'd prefer we stage some kind of accident while she runs, rather than making it look like we killed her in cold blood.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

"If there's a chase, at least Nobu and Tetsu should be in it.  I'm happy to help as well."  Sato says.

"Good idea WuJen. If we can find an abandoned building, maybe we can set up us discovering her there, still on the Matrix, but she runs for the fire escape and then has an accident and falls.  Remember we need good enough footage to edit later, so we should take a few takes."

"Wujen, we will need you to heal her enough to participate...but probably best to wait until we get there."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Carl glances back and forth at you guys and says, "I reckon this is all stuff I don't need ta be hearing about. Ya'll kin go on and take care of that. I'm gonna go see ta gettin these new guests fed. Lucky thing ya'll just did some shopping fer me the other day too, cuz I was runnin low."

Tetsu shuffles a little uncomfortably at that comment.

Carl gives a wave and heads in the same direction as the other ghouls. "Remember ta get me them records, alright?", he shouts over his shoulder, "4 extra mouths to feed mean I need that much extra food ta feed em."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 am

Chougou heads back out towards his van, slightly off put that no one seemed to notice that he was no longer a hunchbacked dwarf...he was used to being ignored for his size, but he thought that that was because of his size. He looks up at the sky and ponders what this all means.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 am

((sorry chougou - Sato has a lot on his mind right now with faking a murder and packs of ghouls and all.  Maybe this will end up a running gag))

Sato drums his fingers - "Are we all agreed on the script I proposed?  We can look for a tall abandoned building in the Kita Barrens and clear it of squatters to serve as the set."

Last edited by winkingchef on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:30 pm

(ooc: some significant time has passed, I'm guessing past Sundown.  I make sure to thank Cinder again before he leaves.  Annoyed Force 6 Fire Elementals are something I do not need. Smile.)

"I have no problem with that script.  I can safely thrown an illusion covering a little better than a 5 meter sphere, and if we can describe the scene well enough I can likely get a Spirit to cover about that area too.  Physical Mask can alter anyone's appearance as well... so we have options.  Obviously the more real elements the better off we are...  I could technically do the whole thing 6 inches tall and use a close up camera to create the scene whole cloth, but the more we fabricate the more elements I might not get right and the higher chance of our deception failing."

"In particular I was thinking I can make the illusion of ghouls eating the body as we leave, and probably the fall itself.  I'm open to anything really."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 pm

With sundown being right about when you all decided to go to Carl's, Wujen politely dismisses Cinder and allows the spirit to return from whence it came.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm

((I'm imagining that the people that haven't seen him change think he's some rando just hanging around? It would be funny for a skit, but I haven't got the creativity to come up with something like that now Laughing ))

Chougou checks in on the drones back at the shop.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:22 pm

The shop is locked down. Nothing to report there.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm

With plan basically in place, you hop in your cars and take the highway down to the Kita Barrens. ((random roll to see if you guys get into any trouble a long the way... you don't)) It seems to be a quiet night as you roll through the district. It looks like you are about to get some trouble from some Jingai but they recognize Chougou's van and bike off while giving a friendly wave. It does not take a lot of searching to find an abandoned building. About one in every four is pretty much abandoned and covered with the signs of urban decay. The other three appear to be populated by squatters and addicts. Matrix coverage here is spotty, as is any security precautions that might notice what you are up to.

You stop at an old apartment complex, Sato's limo extremely out of place in the area. The old glass lobby door has been smashed and the walls are covered in graffiti. It's a shit hole, but there are no obvious signs of inhabitants and will serve perfectly fine for your set.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Once arrived, WuJen will take a moment to summon a Force 5 Spirit of Man to help with the illusions.

Summoning Force 5 Spirit of Man, Optional Power: Innate Spell Trid Phantasm
    WuJen carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 6 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3
    Drain:
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 5 , Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 pm

spend my last point of edge tonight rerolling the failed dice:

WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 1 , Setting up home base - Page 22 5 , Setting up home base - Page 22 3 , Setting up home base - Page 22 2 , Setting up home base - Page 22 4

(ooc: when I hit preview on that post, it had 9 hits.  /sigh)
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm

(ooc: FFS.  This isn't supposed to be the hard part...   OK, so unless it sucks as bad as I do I have no spirit, and I just took how much stun?)
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm

On the ride to the barrens, Torpor checks his black colt checking ammo level and reholsters it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:22 pm

((ouch... I swear I am going to give you a special quality to take advantage of your crazy rolls Razz Luckily you are just barely outside of a glitch on drain. Now to roll for the spirit...))

Wujen calls and a spirit of man appears. It is dressed in a fancy suit, gold jewelry and monocle with the craziest mohawk, beard and mustache you have ever seen. In its hands rests a fresh cup of tea that it appears to have been in the middle of enjoying when it was summoned from wherever it was prior. It looks around at the shit hole apartment that it has been summoned to and slaps Wujen across the face for the indignity of it before poofing away while mumbling something about pitying the foolish mortals that dare interrupt tea time.

((3S drain))

Setting up home base - Page 22 Gentleman-Tea-Monocle-In-Pinky-Out-
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:28 pm

((just realized that you have an affinity for spirits of man and have thus far failed on summoning spirits of man on each time you've attempted it. ))

As Wujen reels in recovery from his encounter with the spirit, a little boy with wild hair and patched together clothing scurries out from the building and laughs at him, clapping and grunting, but apparently incapable of speech. He pats himself on the chest a few times then points at Wujen and gives a thumbs up. The spirit isn't as powerful as what Wujen had hoped, but it seems willing to help.

Setting up home base - Page 22 5837642

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm