Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
RafV
WuJen
Torpor
GameMaster
8 posters

Setting up home base

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Setting up home base - Page 7 Empty Re: Setting up home base

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 am

"So do you know what's upstairs or we just going go and figure it out as we go?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:30 am

"I have no idea what's up here, we are just figuring it out as we go.  When I tried to project here a little while ago I got caught in some kind of weird webbing.  I managed to get myself free with some effort, and then called Fire to remove the webs so I could safely enter.  Now we have a fire alarm and smoke coming out from the door, evidence that someone was doing hinky drek with awakened critters, and while I'm dying to know why Fire manifested to physically burn something when the webs were in astral space, I don't want to interrupt it and waste services either."

"So, I know there's a Spirit of Fire up here, as strong as I can conjure without actually harming myself, and it's either dealing with what I'm guessing are dual natured webs rather than some kind of odd mana barrier.  If I was a gambling man I'd have money on there being some kind of awakened spider or moth up here too, because those webs had to come from somewhere."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:56 am

"Hey Carl, we met some folks with the same kind of affliction you got. They have problems finding sustenance. We're wondering if you know how these good folks can find a place in society."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 am

Torpor looks at the stairs and ladder, "I will go see if I can find the elevator key in the service room on the roof, I will be back as quickly as possible." He then runs outside and up the stairs and go for the roof as safely fast as he can.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:53 am

"Well I really need to learn more about magic" as topor starts to head out "do you want one of us to come with?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:05 am

His bodyguard training kicking in as reflex, Sun covers the microphone of his commlink and turns around: "Of course someone goes with him! Never go alone!"
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:11 am

"Alright then I'll go wit him but wujen went by himself and nobody bat an eye. Just saying"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:52 am

"We're right here when something would happen. If we'd all barge in, it would scare those folks. That's the last thing we want."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:50 am

Carl laughs nervously over the commlink and says, "Affliction? What affliction? What makes you think I've got an affliction? I ain't got no affliction, son. Especially no highly illegal affliction that requires people to eat unusual foods. I'm healthy as the day I was born."

Meanwhile Torpor makes for the roof while the others head up the stairs to the second floor. Given that they are outside, the stairs seem more like an emergency fire escape than a staircase intended for proper traffic. As Torpor currently has the keys, he presumably unlocks the 2nd floor chain and door before heading ahead to the roof. When he arrives at the roof, he finds a shack that is a bit larger than what the elevator must be with a single locked door, also with a chain across it.

Those who go to the second floor find the beeping is coming from the other side of the door as smoke wafts from the top. It is unlocked and ready to be opened when you are.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:08 pm

WuJen says "I'm not going anywhere far alone, unless I'm astrally projecting.  None of you can follow me that way, unfortunately.  I'm never really alone in any case.  Tatsuo is always aware of my status and can come to me in seconds, even if she isn't directly at my side.  You also haven't met Cinder, or any of Tatsuo's other siblings.  Some of them can be pretty imposing."  WuJen sighs "...and then some of them set the building on fire probably just because that's their nature"

"At any rate, if there is anything you want to know about magic, I'm happy to teach you, and if I don't know what you are curious about I know some sources who likely will."

Overhearing Sun's half of the conversation, he cringes a little. "Sun, I'm sure Carl will be eager to give us some ideas later, but over unsecured commcall probably isn't the best and likely to make him very uncomfortable.  Just ask him if it's Ok if we bring by a few guests to share a meal with him later, and that we need to ask him about where someone can get the ingredients for those recipes."

WuJen waits for Torpor to unlock the door and move on before carefully opening the door and saying "Cinder?  Any problems up here?  Remember the idea is that I be able to safely enter, and my body does not take well to smoke inhalation or flames."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Sun has a dumbfound look on his face at the words: "unsecured commcall", wondering what all that is about. "Carl, I meant smart folks with a keen sense of business who have a deep care about their neighborhood and fellow metahuman beings. Can we bring these people over to share a meal with you later? We'd love to learn from your amazing cooking, and want to know where we can get the best ingredients to try and get close to your culinary mastery."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Torpor looks to see if anyone followed before reaching over and unlocking the chain, waiting for anyone else to catch up before unlocking the door itself and opening it. He leans in and places an ear against the door to listen for any sounds on the other side. 

((Perception roll, defaulted to int -1. 5))

Torpor carried out 5 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 7 3 , Setting up home base - Page 7 1 , Setting up home base - Page 7 1 , Setting up home base - Page 7 1 , Setting up home base - Page 7 3
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:59 pm

((Well that's my first critical glitch, fantastic! Hopefully there isn't anything in the top of the elevator shaft. Lol... I'm sure there will be now))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 pm

((And a bot fly that happened to be sitting on the door decides to burrow its way into Torpor's ear Razz Seriously though, I'd like to know who is going to the roof and who is handling the 2nd floor. ))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:59 pm

ichigo will look around to if he can either see or hear anything. perception 3+2 wireless. intuition4 Valacan carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 7 3 , Setting up home base - Page 7 6 , Setting up home base - Page 7 4 , Setting up home base - Page 7 4 , Setting up home base - Page 7 1 , Setting up home base - Page 7 1 , Setting up home base - Page 7 5 , Setting up home base - Page 7 6 , Setting up home base - Page 7 4
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 pm

ichigo is going with torpor
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 am

((Topor you got some real stones choosing to suck up a crit glitch at the top of an elevator shaft lol /respect))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:54 pm

((sometimes you just got to take one for the team))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:27 am

Chougou will send the rotodrone with everyone to the second floor

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:55 pm

((Alright, I've got Ichigo and Torpor on the roof. Chougou's drone and Wujen are on the second floor. Chougou and Sun are on the ground floor until I hear otherwise. I think that's everyone, but if I missed someone, they are also on the ground floor.))

Torpor presses his ear against the door and hears nothing before unlocking the door and heading in...((roof people, I'm making a split for you guys, so continue from there)

Meanwhile Wujen approaches the smoking door and opens it up to find the burning remains of webbing throughout the room, some of which has caused the room to catch fire. A whooshing sound like a flame thrower being used can be heard in another room ahead and to the left. Before Wujen can step into the room, something wreathed in flames leaps out at him. He instinctively dodges out of the way and it falls to the ground, twitching and eventually dying. As the smoke around it clears, he realizes that the thing was a massive spider, now little more than burnt crispy bits.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm

((oh boy, spiders!!😁))

Chougou moves the rotodrone forward and seeks out any spidey targets.

Sent from Topic'it App
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:37 am

Sun, after seeing his team move out the building and upstairs, then hearing alot of ruckus there, all the while waiting an ungodly amount of time for Carl to reply, starts wondering if the used coffin salesman had a stroke or such. Still waiting for a reply, he starts humming to pass the time.

"Tum dum tum dum dum tum duuuuum tum duuuum tum duuuum tum duuuuum tuuuuum tumdum tumdum tumduuuuuuum tum duuuuum tum duuuuum deeduuuuuum dumdeedumm dumdeedumm dumdeedumm dumdeedumm dumdeeduuuuum dumduuuuum dumdeeduuuuuuuuum. Dumdeeduuum dumdeeduuum dumdeeduuum dumdeeduuum dumdeeduuuuuuum dumduuuuuum dumdeeduuuuuuum deeduuuuuuum dumdeeeeee dumduuuuuuuum dumdaaaaaaam dumdeee dumduuuuuuuum dumdaaaaam damdeeeee deeduuuum dumdeeedaaaduuuuuum dumdeedamduuuuuuuum dumduuuuuuuuum dumdeedumduuuuum dumdaaaaaam dumdeedumdaaaaaaam dumdeeeee dumdaaaaaa dumdooooo dumdeeee dumdaaaaaaaaam dumdee dumdaaaaaaaaaaam."

((I so butchered that song here...))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 am

WuJen jumps back slightly, startled. "Giant spiders with Dual Natured Webs?  I hope Cinder didn't kill them all, that seems like it could be useful.  Still, I wonder what they eat that they use webs like that to catch it."

He carefully enters the room, looking around for a Fire Extinguisher.  As an after thought, he puts on his Trodes and toggles the AR mode of his commlink, looking for the icon of the Fire Alarm.  He moves toward the wooshing sound that he presumes is Cinder still burning webs away carefully, switching between looking at astral space, looking for the icon of the fire alarm in the matrix, and normal vision.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Carl responds to Sun, "Sorry, had an off hours customer at the door. Don't know how good a chef I am, but I suppose I can spare a meal. Can't be feeding them forever without getting extra groceries, but I kin at least feed a couple of extra mouths tonight."

Meanwhile, Wujen has no problem finding the fire alarm. It is a battery operated device with no connection to the matrix, though it does have a wireless connection that would presumably be used for diagnostics; checking the battery and the like. He surprisingly does manage to find a fire extinguisher in this mess, mounted on a nearby wall in a case with a glass cover and nearby hammer. The glass smashes easily and Wujen now has a fire extinguisher in his hands.

In the next room, Cinder is throwing flames at the webbing, apparently unconcerned about the damage being done to the building. The fire elemental appears to be roughed up a little, but the three spider corpses nearby indicate that the trouble was thus far nothing that couldn't be managed. At this point Ichigo's voice rings over the commlinks to everyone, "Oh my God it's a spider woman looking monster and she's on top of Torpor we're gonna need help!"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:39 pm

WuJen cancels the alarm and sprays out what fire he can as he says to Cinder "I asked you to remove the webs so I could safely enter.  You are not a spark or candle that hasn't the reasoning power to understand, you are Cinder, as bright in mind as you are powerful in form.  I cannot safely enter a building that is burning or filled with smoke."

….

"Frag's Sake!, a Spider Woman?!"

"Cinder, leave that for now and stay with me, we may have bigger problems more appropriate to your might.  Sun, Let's back them up.  Gods know I'm gonna have to talk to this thing down too..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am