Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Setting up home base

    Share
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 am

    "By the by, what the hell is keeping them in there at all right now?'

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:03 am

    They appear to be waiting on us to enter, so they can ambush us. I have no idea why they have not rushed us, unless they are concerned for our numbers.

    They appear extremely hostile, but that ambush speaks of at least some reason ning ability, should someone want to try talking. Honestly, I'm feeling a bit less diplomatic with my face all slashed up like this.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:55 am

    ((Wujen took 4P damage. I already updated it on his sheet))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 am

    Sun has a dumb look on his face. "Who's Fire, and what's he strongly showing?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:03 am

    Fire is... Fire. In this guise it calls itself Cinder, but it's still Fire. You would call it a Spirit of Fire, or possibly an Elemental. Since I was a small child I have known it simply as Fire. I called for it's aid in burning the astral webs away, and wanted to be sure that it would not be casually brushed aside by whatever made them, so called as much of him as I could without risking serious injury.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 am

    "Astral backup? Sounds like we can use the help! So the things at the other side of the door are waiting in ambush, right? Chougou, can you send a drone around through the other door, to circle around through the garage and attack them from there? If they have to fight from both sides, their ambush will be gone."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:47 am

    "Fire is busy at the moment, clearing the webs upstairs.  It should not take him too long though, and I managed a good strong bond with him this time so he owes several more services until sundown.

    I can't guarantee they haven't moved either.  As my face shows, they are active on the astral plane and saw me scout the room.  Attacking from both sides is sound, but don't count on any confusion or surprise.

    In fact ...  I think I will try to talk to them.  Worst case scenario is I look silly shouting at a door.  Chougou, get your drones ready on the other side.  If it turns out they don't want to talk maybe they will be distracted and gathered on this side where the stupid elf is shouting at them."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 am

    "Meanwhile, while things appear to be at a stalemate... Can we do something about my face?  This hurts.  I can probably fix it with a healing spell, but that works best after some standard medical care to speed things along."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 am

    Torpor looks at Wujen, "How do we know if you have been infected by the ghouls?" He motions to the garage door and creeps it open a little bit for the drone to get out, "Can the drone open the other door?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 am

    "I'll start eating you first since you were the last person to shoot me..."

    "I'd imagine there's a medical test. It's supposed to be a disease after all. I doubt I can be infected from this though. There was no actual physical contact"
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:42 am

    Torpor laughs, "ok but I reserve the right to shoot you again if you turn, this time with real rounds."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:39 pm

    "You might want to wait until you meet Little Dragon's siblings. She can be pretty be vengeful. I'd suggest tossing my slavering self at your least favorite enemy and let them kill me."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 pm

    ((can a duelist open doors?))

    Chougou moves the duelist into position on the other door of the room to at least be prepared for a rush on the other side.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

    ((the duelist has swords for arms, so... possibly? You would need 3 hits on a pilot: walker + reaction check to do so successfully since he doesn't really have hands designed for this kind of thing. Your other drones wouldn't have that kind of capability at all.))

    As you are all getting into position, you hear a loud beeping noise coming from upstairs.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:51 pm

    WuJen sighs in exasperation "For the love of whatever the west worships... what the hell is that?!"

    WuJen shouts towards the office "Hey, what ever is going off upstairs isn't us, and it seems unlikely to be something you set up either.  I don't know if you are feral or not, but if not now might be a good time to discuss things before we kill eachother or the building explodes."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:47 pm

    The beeping persists as you wait a few seconds in silence for a response from the other side of the door. A raspy voice finally says, "Leave your weapons outside and enter the office."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 am

    "That hardly seems fair.  One of you has already clawed up my face.  I get it, you have no choice but to hunt for food in your condition.  Other than the pain I'm in I honestly hold no ill will toward you over it.  I know another infected, and while I've not looked into the particulars of how he feeds himself it's possible there's a way we could at least put you in contact with some help managing what's happened to you."

    "However, I think we need a little more trust before I go walking into that room unarmed.  It's not as if you can be disarmed in return, is it?"

    "So I tell you what, for now I'll tell you what I know from here.  So long as you remain peaceful I'll not send the rather large Fire Elemental I sent to clear whatever that astral webbing is upstairs in there after you, nor this highly illegal grenade which would be guaranteed to make a mess of that room.  In exchange, you volunteer any information you might have, and maybe we can negotiate a way that we all walk out of here more or less intact."

    "I'll start.  My friends and I just purchased this building, with the plans to open up a community center to help people with the skills we have.  This is why we are here today, to open up the building and see what we have to work with.  We found what seems to be a survivor of what sounds like your last hunting expedition.  I encountered some strange webbing on the astral plane when I tried to go upstairs to get a look at you through the ceiling, as I felt sticking my head through the wall would be a good way to get it clawed up... and I was right.  To deal with the webbing I've summoned a Fire Elemental, and it is bound to several more tasks before the day is out.  It won't be easily banished and at the very least would injure you severely before falling in combat."

    "I have no idea what is making that sound, and I've a bad feeling that it's my fault for not staying with that elemental.  I'd already be checking it out, but I've a room full of ghouls laying in wait to ambush my friends down here."

    "So that's us.  Feel free to fill me in on anything I've missed, and assuming the building doesn't explode, you don't attack, the lady in the elevator doesn't turn out to be a fragging vampire or something, and I don't know... the local gangers don't barge in here in the largest display of unfortunate stupidity I will have witnessed all week, and believe me this showdown isn't even the weirdest or worst thing to happen in the last few days,  maybe we can work on getting all of us out of the building more or less alive and happy."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:59 am

    Chougou sends the rotodrone upstairs to investigate the beeping noise along with the flyspy, keeping the flyspy ahead to avoid setting off traps if possible

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 am

    Chougou's drone finds the door to the second floor is shut and locked like the first floor was. He does notice smoke rising through the top of the door though.

    The voice rasps, "And a mage can't drop their magic. We still require your weapons dropped. If we rush out there, we may die, but not before we infect you, which is a death sentence in itself. If this building is important to you, you will not damage it by throwing grenades. And even if you do, our blood will soak into the walls and perhaps some gets on you. I do not think you would risk it. Send a spirit after us and we do not need to kill it, just you. We are fast. We are relentless. We WILL infect you in the very least if you threaten us. Cease your games, drop your weapons and enter if you wish to speak."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:11 pm

    "All right, fair point, I can't drop my magic either.  I'd not count on the spirits I summon to disappear right away though.  I'm pretty respectful, and my Ally is pretty persuasive.  I'd not thought that an exchange of information through the door was too much to ask though.

    Torpor, I take it back.  If they infect me and I come out trying to eat you, kill me."

    With that WuJen draws Little Dragon close, kisses her and casts Healing to close the wounds left from the last time he encountered these creatures.

    Sorcery, casting Healing at force 4, with aid sorcery from Little Dragon
    WuJen carried out 13 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Drain
    WuJen carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,

    Then he walks over to Torpor and hands him both his Pistol and the grenade he carries.  "Keep them safe.  This is probably a bad idea, but what the hell, right?  I didn't sign up to geek a bunch of disease victims for trying to eat, though I'd prefer it wasn't me they were eating.  If it turns out they can't be trusted...  Shoot straight.  If something else happens, maybe call Carl.  Its all I can think of.  Pretty sure the other guys will just wipe these guys out no questions asked."

    Shouting at the door, he says "Ok.  I'm as unarmed as I can get.  The rest is on you, live or die."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:17 pm

    (ooc:  Smoke from the top of the door?  Why is Cinder manifested...  Dual Natured Webs?  Some kind of bizarre physical link forming that weird mana barrier?  Well, it's a problem for after I'm dead)


    WuJen approaches the door, knocks, and opens it, waiting for claws before stepping inside.

    (ooc: Man, I really didn't intend to be any sort of face.  I should talk less and zap more... unless I die here I suppose.)
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:35 pm

    Chougou sends the rotodrone downstairs and the duelist upstairs to try to open the door.

    Pilot Walker 5 + Reaction 5:

    chougou carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm

    Torpor takes the items from Wujen, "I will keep them safe for when you return."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:31 pm

    ((well, if you die here, your next character can be more of a face. Wink ))

    The door opens and Wujen is admitted into the office without violence... yet. The door is shut behind him and he hears an audible click of the door being locked. The room is pitch dark without the power on, but Wujen can hear breathing near him. Rasping, hungry breathing that is close enough that he can feel the heat on his neck as the beeping from above continues. But there is nothing to see other than the faint crack of light beneath the door he entered from.

    Wujen can't help but feel like claws are about to lash out at him at any moment, but they do not come. Finally, the voice from before says, "You are safe, for now. There are only two things you have of value to us: your flesh and exit from this prison. We leave it to you which you wish to offer. In exchange, we will answer any questions you have of us. You have our promise that your safety from us for as long as you remain in this room and we are not threatened. We promise your safety no further than that."



    Meanwhile Chougou's drone attempts to turn the knob on the door and almost manages it before it slips and ends up scratching the door instead.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:37 pm

    Torpor says over comms, "Try and keep an open mind so we can hear what's going on. By The way, I think that is a fire alarm or detector going off, if it is and it is connected to local departments we probably need to make this quick."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:17 am