Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Outside the club

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 pm

    ((according to what you wrote, the wife just left you after the son's death. She is still alive, just not with you.

    Also, you do not need to roll anything for astral perception, you just activate it. To get details, you need to roll assensing+intuition.))


    You open your eyes to the astral plane, expecting to see some obvious signs of illusion, but are more surprised to see nothing of the sort. No one is using magic at all. The only magic in the room comes from you and your ax.

    Your wife coughs, "Let go! You're scaring me!"

    Your son walks out from behind the couch and says, "Daddy? Are you going to kill mommy the way you killed me?" His question ends with the sound of a gunshot. Suddenly a hole gapes in his chest and blood begins to flood from it.
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 pm

    (you're right - sorry I was sick when I wrote the last post and wasn't thinking clearly)

    Tetsu is horrified at the image before him. The image of his son dying, and this girl on the couch who looks exactly like a young version of his ex wife. He lets go of Yuki, getting lost in himself.

    Eyes dazed, he mumbles.

    "Did... Did you see? Did you... Did you... Hear that?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:51 pm

    Yuki rubs her neck tenderly and backs away from Tetsu, gripping tightly to the yoyo she was playing with earlier. The boy meanwhile walks closer to Tetsu so his cold hands can grasp the dwarf's flesh. "See what, dad? See when you shot me? I saw it. I felt it. Are you going to do the same to the man with the knife?"

    The boy gestures back at Yuki and from the shadows the man who held your son at knife point emerges. He has a large, combat knife and quietly approaches Yuki from behind, giving you a wink as he raises his hand, poised to stab her in the back.
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 pm

    Tetsu is dazed and confused. His sons cold grasp of his arm momentarily knocks him out of his daze. Upon seeing the man in the shadows with a combat knife, he gains a moment of lucidity. Acting instinctively, he goes on the attack.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 pm

    ((Alright, roll initiative. Since you have improved reflexes, that means you roll 3d6 then add your intuition + reflexes + 2. Then I need you roll your attack. I am guessing you are using your axe? Roll dice equal to agility (4) + blades (7) + foci rating (3). So 14 dice. ))
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 pm

    Initiative

    Tetsu carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,

    Attack

    Tetsu carried out 14 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:54 pm

    Round 1, Pass 1

    Tetsu swings his ax in a mighty arc of death, but in his rage he completely misses his mark. The thug sidesteps and strikes Tetsu from behind. His armor prevents any serious injury, but it still bruises! ((3S damage))

    Remaining Initiative
    8 - Tetsu (3S)
    1 - Thug
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 pm

    Tetsu Attacks again

    (Sam says I should have 8 instead of 7 for blades because of the specialty.  So I'm rolling 15 dice instead of 14.  Also I have pain tolerance, so I think I don't lose any dice?  Let me know when I do)

    Tetsu carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 pm

    ((you've got 1 level of pain resistance, so that means you ignore one box of damage. Every 3 boxes after that remove 1 die from your checks))

    Round 1, Pass 2

    Tetsu whirls around and swings his axe. The blade sinks into the thug, mortally wounding him! He falls to the ground and his blood oozes across the ground as he desperately gasps for air, his lungs filling with blood.

    Your son says, "You're so strong, dad! One more swing and you'll finish him off!"
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 pm

    Instead of going for the kill, Tetsu runs up to the man and disarms him. (I assume he's laying on the ground grasping for air). Tetsu picks his head up by the air and screams into his face

    "Who are you!!!!? Why did you target me and my family!?!?!"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 pm

    The man coughs up blood, unable to muster the strength to respond.
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:32 pm

    Tetsu finishes him off.  (If the guy can't move I'll assume I don't need to roll?, But just in case)
    Tetsu carried out 15 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    He then looks at his son, really recognizing him for the first time.  He vaguely remembers Yuki is here, but for the time isn't paying her a lot of attention.

    He says in a gentle voice
    "Come here, boy.  What is happening?  How are you here?"


    Last edited by Tetsu on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo in the roll? Didn't form an image last time)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:16 am

    ((no roll needed))

    Tetsu's axe sinks into the thug's face, ending his life instantly. When he addresses the boy, his son says, "What do you mean, dad? I'm always here."
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 am

    He sighs. It's amazing seeing his son again. But he knows something unnatural is happening.

    To his son he says:

    "When you say you're always here, do you mean this apartment? Or do you mean with her?"

    He turns to Yuki (who I guess is still on the couch)

    "Why did you lead us here? Were you trying to get that thug to eliminate me?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:14 am

    Tetsu looks over to where Yuki was and finds she is not there. Hiding in another room from the fighting, perhaps? In the chaos of battle, Tetsu did not notice which way she went. The boy says, "I'm always here in your guilty conscience. You only wanted to kill him because you needed someone to blame. But the person who really killed me was you, wasn't it dad?"
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:26 am

    Tetsu takes a huge sigh, sits on the couch, and rubs his temples. He knows he should be searching the body and the apartment for information. He also knows he should try and find Yuki.

    For the moment, though, he only addresses his son.

    "You know I never meant... I mean... I didn't think I would hit you. You.... you know that, right? That I never wanted this to happen?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:49 am

    The boy says, "I didn't mean to break mom's vase that one time, but I was punished for what I did. I didn't mean to throw a baseball through the neighbor's window, but I was punished for that. I didn't mean to spill coffee on your work computer and ruin that, but still, I was punished. It doesn't matter what you meant to do. You did it and deserve to be punished!"

    His features grow rotted and enraged as his eyes burn with the vengeful coals of hellfire. He then leaps at you, as if trying to kill you, but before he can harm you, he dissolves in a cloud of smoke that wafts across Tetsu's skin, filling him with cold dread.
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:06 pm

    Tetsu takes time to compose himself. What is son said is true, and yet... someone set him up.  And they still need to pay.

    After a little while, he goes over to the body to check it out, and does a detailed check of the room to see if there is any information he can glean.

    If he doesn't find anything, he goes in search of Yuki.

    (Roll for Perception)

    Tetsu carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:20 pm

    Tetsu goes over to check out the body and can't seem to find it. At least, not the body of the thug. Instead, where the body was, he finds Yuki hacked up to pieces by axe wounds and her yoyo is still in her hand, which she apparently used to defend herself with, but in vain. Dead on the floor, he realizes she looks nothing like his ex-wife, just an unknown young girl in a high-school uniform.

    In fact, as he looks around, he realizes he is not in his old apartment, but in a room at some kind of love hotel (a type of hotel that charges by the hour and specializes in the privacy of its guests). A search of the body reveals a couple of slap patches, coated in some kind of drug and suddenly things begin to become clear for Tetsu. Everything was so strange because none of what he had seen was real. It was all a hallucination and now he was alone in a hotel room with a dead young human girl who could be half his age. The fact that he is also not human only makes this whole situation worse as he knows from experience that the Desian courts look disproportionately unfavorably against metahumans.

    A quick glance out the window reveals he is still in the Kinza district and the clock on his commlink reads about 2 hours after he left the club. This is not a slum where a dead body will be ignored. A young girl hacked to death in a hotel room will be noticed and the police will come. Tetsu can imagine that whoever set him up for his son would love to see him put in jail for murder. They may even let it slip among the inmates that Tetsu was an ex-cop. Ex-cops rarely live long enough to finish their sentences.

    Tetsu had better figure something out quickly if he is going to get out of this mess...
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:24 pm

    Tetsu groans, sickened by what he did.  After a minute of disgust, he realizes the situation he's in and tries to think of a plan.

    He thinks back to his time at Cowboy, trying to remember if he's come across others who have covered up something like this, and how they did it.

    Tetsu carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:40 pm

    People who get away with murder either do it with a lot of preparation ahead of time so as to avoid getting caught, or they do it in an area where few people are going to notice them (usually both). Given that he had not come here prepared to cover up a murder, Tetsu is woefully lacking in gear one might use to do so and this area is one where people will definitely call the police about it. Blood is everywhere, including on his own clothing, so going out in such a well-to-do area would quickly call attention. Thus the first order of business seems to be to clean himself up as best as he can. At least there is a shower for that.

    Beyond that, he needs to get the body out of here. So long as there isn't a body and a huge puddle of blood, maybe no one will think to call the police to investigate. At this point that is the best he can hope for. Luckily love hotels usually do not keep records of their guests by design, but there are cameras on the street that no doubt caught him walking in. If the police get called, it will be a simple matter of them examining the footage and hunting Tetsu down. Given that he has been seen walking all over town with an illegal combat axe openly displayed, it would not take much for police to figure out it was him.

    To avoid all that, he needs to clean up and get the body out of here somehow without drawing attention to himself...
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:14 pm

    ok so... I guess Tetsu starts by cleaning up as much as possible. He also calls Sam to see if Sam can help him alter the surveillance footage.

    As for the body, he needs to figure out what is best to do with it. His initial reaction is to put the body in the bath, chop it up, bundle it, and throw it in a dumpster. Tetsu checks the window to see if there is a dumpster around that he can access without drawing attention to himself (out the window down the fire escape?)

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:52 pm

    Tetsu quickly realizes that the windows don't actually open, likely because the "key" to the room is your payment. The only apparent way to open the door is to pay for time spent. He sends a desperate call to Sam as he cleans the floor and then chops the body up into smaller pieces, does his best to keep them from further bleeding by draining it in the bath, and wraps it all in some bath towels. ((I'll send a notification to Sam for you))
    avatar
    Tetsu

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2018-07-24

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Tetsu on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 pm

    (Well, I wasn't sure if that's what I was going to do.  I wanted to see if it would work logistically.  My other plan was to patch her up and play her off as passed out drunk (which probably wouldn't have worked anyway because she was likely mutilated, so I guess I'll just go with this)).

    Tetsu checks his Cowboy knowledge on how crime scenes are investigated, trying to determine how best to dispose of the body.  Would getting it to a dumpster work, or does he need to figure out a way a place to bury it?  I assume there's no way he'd know when the trash would get taken out?

    Tetsu carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,

    He also has a jacket that he wraps the bath towels in so that he's not carrying around a bundle of bleeding bath towels.  He pays for the room, opens the door, and does a perception check to see if there is anyone around.  Since he was drugged, he doesn't remember the layout of the place he's in, so he wants to understand the best way out before.

    Tetsu carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:39 pm

    Tetsu knows that trash gets separated and sorted during pickup so the body would be immediately found when garbage is collected. An investigation would then follow. Perhaps even some national news coverage, given the now thorough mutilation of a young woman. The only way to get away with this is if the police never have reason to investigate to begin with. That means the body will have to be disposed somewhere that no one will find it. Or in the very least some place where the people who do find it will mind their own business.

    Though there is no one in the hall to notice him, his bundle of body parts is suspicious as hell, especially considering the axe he has with him. Whatever he does, he will have to be careful not to be seen as he is. His clothing is also still sopping wet from presumably cleaning off the blood splatter he received when killing the woman.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Outside the club

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:11 pm