Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+3
GameMaster
winkingchef
Fuchou 复仇
7 posters

Mission 2b - Special Delivery

Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Mission 2b - Special Delivery - Page 24 Empty Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

Post by Torpor Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:14 am

Torpor nods and says, "I am in as well, we will see what we will see. Only time will tell. "Then walla over to the door placing the commlink on it as he opens it."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 pm

The voice says to Chougou, "We have no reason to go after you, but if you have no intention of working for us, it is best that you do not know about us. We prefer to avoid the use of force against people. It would only be used as an absolute last resort for self defense. This is specifically why we only recruit people who we believe to be able to share that practice."

Torpor opens the door and allows several masked soldiers in. The commlink says to the men, "We thank you for your service, but further services will not be required."

The soldiers then administer an injection to each of your captives, each of whom falls unconscious. The voice on the commlink says, "Do not worry. They will awaken in about a half hour with no memory of this morning's events. When they find themselves in their beds, they will likely assume that the whole event was a dream and go on with their lives as though nothing happened."

The soldiers then take the bodies out a separate black sedan for each captive and get ready to leave. The commlink then says, "If you insist on following our people to ensure they do as we have said, you had best get going. These men must be in their homes before the drug wears off, which means our people will have to split up to make it on time. You can either follow along or ride along with one of our men. They have been instructed to cooperate with you and answer any further questions you may have. Until we contact you again, be safe."

The commlink disconnects.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:00 pm

WuJen gets up, "I'll ride with the lead guy I probed and make sure he gets where they say he's going.  I can get back on my own easy enough."

Once he's in the vehicle with them, he asks one of the guards "So is this about a normal day for your guys?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:04 pm

In Wujen's car

The soldier drives off with Wujen in the car and says, "There is no such thing as a 'normal' day on this job, but it is not the first time I have had to do this."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 pm

"Really?  This seems like a pretty niche thing, seems odd for it to come up more than once or twice without some really serious issues cropping up a lot."

"So what's the story with these other factions that demands all this security and obfuscation?  Is there a primer somewhere?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:09 pm

In Wujen's car

The soldier says, "Faction is probably not the word I would use, but we have enemies. You don't do anything significant without making them. We sometimes get into trouble with the Yakuza, but they aren't too bad. The worst thing they want to do is sell off a sacred relic or deadly creature for a profit. It is short-sighted on their part, but not directly harmful. It may be indirectly harmful if they sell it off to the wrong people, but we usually manage to prevent that one way or another.

"The worst are the Jaakuryu. They are an order of ninjas who have long worked to acquire various magical creatures and artifacts. No one knows what their goal is... well the higher ups might, but they don't share that information with us. All I know is they are not gentle in acquiring whatever they want. They show up, take what they want and kill anyone who gets in their way. I hear we've captured a few over the years, but they always kill themselves before we get the chance to interrogate them. Cortex bombs, I hear. From the stories I've heard, those bombs pack enough of a punch to even kill people nearby, so it makes taking them prisoner kind of tricky. If you face one of them, it's pretty much kill or be killed. And even then, make sure you aren't anywhere near the body when they die, just in case.

"There are others, but really those two are the ones most likely to give you trouble. Welcome to the job, rookie."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:09 am

Chougou asks if any of them are going towards the general direction of his house so that he can get home fairly quickly after he sees where at least one of the men is dropped, and asks if any of his compatriots wants to ride along.

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 am

At the love hotel
    One says he is and invites Chougou to follow him.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 am

Chougou follows him with anyone else that would like to come along, he asks if the guard knows what reward this man will have for his participation.

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:37 am

At the love hotel
    The soldier says, "No idea, that's not my job. Not to be rude, but I really have to get him home soon," and steps into his sedan before driving off. Though he does not waste time leaving, he does not drive as if he is attempting to evade Chougou's van in any way.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:50 am

Torpor grabs the commlink from the door on his way out and gets into one of the vans. Not being a man of many words he says, "let us get him home."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 am

At the love hotel
    Torpor hops into a third Sedan and drives off with another soldier.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am

Chougou follows and makes note of where the man is dropped off, taking pictures for later with his flyspy

Sent from Topic'it App
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 am

Torpor turns in the camera on his commlink and records the trip to drop off the guard, not saying much during the trip.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 am

Each sedan eventually arrives at a different residence. When they do, the soldiers each use magic to mask themselves as whoever it is they are dropping off and their charges as large packages. Using the biometrics from their charges, they go inside, change each of them into sleepwear then get out and lock the door before their sleeping packages have the chance to awaken.

Those of you who have ridden along with them are given rides back home or wherever you wish to be dropped off with the warning that you should leave these people to their lives as they have no further involvement with A.I.D.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm

((in assuming it was 10 pm when the commlink rang, so it's probably midnight or so))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Chougou goes home and checks in with everyone before going to bed

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 am

((no, it was 10 am, the morning after you guys did the job, it is now around noon. the men will be waking up minutes after they are dropped off, presumably thinking that they slept in. The drug doesn't knock them out for very long))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:00 am

Sun casually walks out the love hotel, while mumbling something about it being time to play with his staff. He doesn't notice the odd looks he gets from passers-by for it. He quickly makes his way to Sanji's dojo.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 am

Upon getting back to his apartment WuJen settles in with Little Dragon for a bit before writing up a synopsis of yesterday's events and contacting the team.

"Everything seemed peaceful with my guy when they dropped him off.  I assume the same is true of the rest of them.  It seems we are no worse for wear, all things considered."

"First item up...  Anyone still hurt and need healing?  I am more or less recovered and can patch up anything the medkits were not able to handle."

"Second item, Anyone hear from the other team?  Do they need backup?  I've put together a brief on what we had going on, feel free to edit it with your own thoughts so we can keep everyone up on current events."

"Third... Do we even want to speculate on what ties Carl has with a group that polices awakened threats?  Does he even know?  I mean he was quirky and odd before we knew this.  I like him, but wow is he a lot to take in."

"Last... what's the final take on this job, and anyone have any thoughts on the future?  Personally, I'm thinking some personal transportation might be in order.  The Van is great an all, but many aspects of last night's events would have been easier if we had been more individually mobile.  Besides, Chougou really needs that space for his drones.  Maybe we can find some used motorcycles or something cheap?  I hate to volunteer Chougou to fix them up, but we could seriously use some better transport options."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:24 am

While Sun is playing with his staff, his commlink lets out a few loud gong rings. It surprises Sun so hard he misses a grip switch and smacks himself in the calf with his staff. He searches for his commlink and checks what's on it. With a confused look, he wonders why it made the gong sound when it's just a weather forecast page. As he's about to put the thing back down, he notices the messages WuJen sent.

Keeping the commlink flat on the table it was on, Sun raises his index finger and starts typing furiously, softly murmuring something about why those keys can't be in alphabetical order.

"Transportation besides the van will be good. We're sitting ducks in that thing, as the rocket launcher guys showed. Deploying from it also makes us lose valuable time when fighting. One person likes the cover of the doors, another person has to get out, a third has to do another thing, and we're all running in front of each other's feet. It's the perfect way to trip an entire team."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 am

The van actually is a great party transport.  If we setup the top or whatnot for drone storage and clear up some of the inside space.  We have passenger door,  side door,  maybe even second side door,  and rear door.  Plenty of options,  people just need to be clear about where they sit and exit during situations.  A couple motorcycles would not hurt,  especially at least one off road option. I can slot a pilot ground craft chip and be decent at driving however i like riding in the van.  Though we could definitely use some gun ports, then we don't have to exit to fire outside.

((i get dropped off at the noodle shop))

Over comms Torpor says, "My drop off was uneventfull, I'm currently at the noodle shop if anyone wants to join me. "

While he sits and sips his noodles at their regular table, Torpor slots the credstick Carl gave him and checks the balance.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:16 am

When you call the other team, they mention that they are supposed to be finding someone at a local decker fetish club called The Backdoor. Not wanting to spook the person, they say they are fine for now and will contact everyone if they need help. ((their run is still going and chronologically they are about a day or so past you, but they aren't in any danger at the moment, nor did they experience any at the time you guys would be contacting them))

A quick check of the credsticks reveals that they each have the amount initially agreed upon: 5,000 nuyen.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm

"I can drop by in a bit, just washing up and taking care of some home life."

"I mention some bikes mostly because that's been, other than being shot at, the weakest point on both jobs we have run."

"With decent transportation those damn weasles might never have got a piece of us in the woods.  If we had been more mobile, we never would have been stuck in traffic with the go-gang, nor been pinned down so easily by one guy with a rocket launcher.  I'm not saying we would not have had to deal with any of those problems, but with more flexible transportation it would have changed the game entirely."

"The van is a great asset, but like a castle it's a fixed position in a fight.  Strong as a defensive position, but as much of a trap as it is a defense.  However, it's a good point that it can be improved a lot with some gunports and some drone support gear to get them out of the crew area.  That might be a better home for any cash we want to spend on that sort of thing."

After WuJen and Little Dragon finish up at home, they start walking to the Noodle Bar.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:18 am

Definitely want to upgrade the van, you guys find any mechanical things that I can fix up for you, let me know and I'll do it for just the cost of parts.

Mobility options maybe that we could even deploy from the back, like a motorbike, might be good so that we aren't pinned down and have to resort to running. Maybe some tactical shields in case we have to gtfo. If I could afford a flying wing I'd feel better with one of you guys in the air even!

Noodles sound good but I'm exhausted. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Overall I think we did good, even if the only tangible outcomes were just taking some bad dudes off the street and saving the elf girl, it was more than we would have accomplished sitting at home.

And it was a weird way to meet a Johnson, but it might pan out for us yet. Stay safe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am