Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Share
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:43 pm

    "If they used drugs against them,  do you think it would be any different for us? I am not set to resist any thing out there at the moment.  Are you? " Torpor says as he exits the van,  ((He turns of his gecko grip)) holstering his pistol.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am

    "I told you, the setup stank.  It didn't make sense that there was no specified delivery time and yet they rang our comms the second we drove up while complaining we were late, then conveniently getting 'ambushed' seconds before we arrive at the second location."

    "If we were that late, we should never have seen the real Johnson.  The Ninja's would have ambushed them while we were still buying bandaids."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:33 am

    WuJen turns to the troll

    "I don't know what the fraggers that tossed her in front of our van and tried to get us to run her over were called, but yes, we stopped and pulled her out of there rather than just run her down at their insistence for driving on that street."

    "I doubt you will have much trouble from that particular group, we saw what looked like some ferals hitting them as we drove off.  She got out just in time."

    "I'm sorry if the trip here was a bit rough.  As you can see we were only in the area on some biz of our own, and we were given a pretty tight window to arrive, though it seems like it was all a load of drek at this point."

    "I'm WuJen, by the way.  Sorry for the rough manners, it's been a hell of a night so far, and I'm just about scragged at this point.  I didn't even catch Nanase's name until you said it a few moments ago."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:35 am

    Back on Comms…


    "Let's load these guys up and get the hells out of this place before I pass out. We can have Sam check out that cred stick, pick up the balance of our pay from Carl, and get really up close and personal with Johnson and his boys in a friendlier place than this."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am

    The troll says, "Ah, that must have been the Zombies. They only attack to feed themselves and usually flee once they have a body to take with them. Their foul nuclear spirits always ensure their safety as they flee and the Ningen Seinensha hate magic, so they have none of their own to combat the spirits with. I would assume those human scum are just hiding out somewhere, licking their wounds.

    "I am Mushiba, leader of the Jingai. And these are some of my men. I appreciate what you have done for one of our own and wish to repay this giri we now owe you."

    He walks over to his troll-sized motorcycle and reaches into one of the saddlebags, then returns to Wujen. In his hand are several sew-on patches that match patches visible on the jackets and karate tops of others currently assembled. There is enough of them for everyone in the group currently present. "Wear these and you will be recognized by the Jingai. They will not bother you while you are in the barrens. Of course you can assume that our enemies will not extend the same courtesy. You all also have earned the right to call upon us for one favor." The troll sends his contact info to each of you. "Any time, anywhere, day or night, you call me and we will come, no questions asked," turning to the others he shouts, "Ain't that right boys?"

    The others all shout, "Hai!" then give a bow of respect.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm

    ((how many people are we taking with us? as I recall the van was pretty stuffed full already))

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:59 pm

    ((to fit any of the others in the van, you will have to plop them on your laps or something))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm

    Ok, if everyone that we need to fit in fits then Chougou will plot a course out of this damned place.

    To the troll leader:
    "Thank you senpai. Could you tell us the best way to get back to the main City? We have to get these gentlemen taken care of."

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm

    "Fit" is a loose interpretation of the word. Sardines "fit" into a can. To fit everyone in the van, two people are stacked across each lap. It is extremely uncomfortable and dangerous, should you get into an accident.

    Mushiba says to Chougou, "Take the highway. It is fastest. The on ramp is just a block away. Turn right and follow the road, you should see it."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:12 am

    (OOC: Chougou needs to get friendly with Rigger 5.  GMC Bulldog comes stock with seats for 6, plus some cargo room.  Part of it's 'special features' is that it gets 4 extra body modification slots, which could be used to add 3 more seats, among other things.  So Myself, Sun, Torpor, Ichigo, and Chougou leaves one open seat, which presumably was filled with Little Dragon, who can ride in my lap or go Astral.  Given that they are playing games, I won't feel bad treating our 'clients' as cargo for the time being, though I'm betting the actual cargo is taken up mostly by drones.)

    WuJen accepts the patches and contact info from Mushiba and says "Here's my contact information as well.  As you see we do a bit of unconventional work ourselves, and much of that is networking.  If you find yourself in need of outside talent, feel free to call on us."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 am

    ((his cargo is mostly taken up by his drones. he definitely has room to upgrade though. perhaps a drone rack on the roof or something. ))

    Mushiba says, "We don't usually need much except for the occasional muscle when the other gangs come rolling through our territory and starting trouble. Usually the Ningen Seinensha. Those bastards are cowards but they carry big guns. We are strong but have little more than our fists and whatever pipe bombs we can rig up. Unfortunate for them, my fists are more deadly than any gun."

    He gives a laugh and casually punches a nearby junked car. His fist goes straight through the door like it is nothing. The other bikers laugh as well, apparently well familiar with their leaders' feats of strength. He pulls his arm back and the entire door is ripped from its frame, which he tosses like a Frisbee; a very large, metal Frisbee, which embeds itself into the windshield of another junk car with a heavy crash. Trolls are strong. Mushiba is clearly strong even for a troll.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:37 am

    ((ichigo will face the gang leader and clasp his hands together and give a slight bow)) thank mushiba!
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm

    ((definitely going to be looking into upgrades after this now that I know what I need...))

    "Watch out for ninjas senpai! They caused us a lot of trouble today, and we may not be done with them yet."

    After any conversation that happens in response, ((unless it's something ground-breaking)) Chougou proceeds to the on-ramp in a safe fashion after waving goodbye to the gang.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 pm

    Visibly impressed, Sun can be seen making small movements while going over the mechanics of punching through a car door in his mind, while he goes back to the van. Inside, he asks Chougou if he can save the last number called as a contact, seeing as it's the troll's number.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:45 pm

    Sun is pretty sure that if he tried to do the same thing in a single punch like that, he probably would have injured himself. There was a kind of metallic sound when his fist hit the door, hinting that it is likely that the troll has been cybernetically modified in some way, though he did not have obvious cyberlimbs that Sun could tell.

    Nanase says something to Mushiba in Elven and he responds, also in Elven, before giving a loud laugh.
    For those of you who can understand elven...:
    Nanase says, "You are far too much of a show off, my love." To which he says, "You know you love watching it."

    He then hoists her up under an arm, plops her down on the back of his bike then sits down in front of her. "Alright boys, let's roll out. We'll be making those human drekheads pay for this tomorrow. I'm thinking we break their spines, then leave them at the Zombies' door and let the ghouls finish them."

    The Jingai give a cheer then they all drive off, waving to your group as they do.

    You stuff the unconscious people into Chougou's van, basically stacking them atop your laps, making it a very uncomfortable ride home. Presumably one of you snags the credstick and checks the balance in your commlink. The balance is unfortunately 0 nuyen, but it is a nice credstick that would cost 100 nuyen to purchase, even with no money in it. It might be worth holding onto for future fund transfers.

    You make it back to Crazy Carl's within about a half hour or so and he is still there, selling his used wares. "Hey ya'll!" He says as you enter his shop. "Ye look like ya just got trampled by a bull stampede, but I guess ya delivered it alright. I got the message ta pay ya'll about a half hour ago. Do I dare ask happened?"

    As he waits to hear what happened, he plops some standard credsticks on a coffin, one for each of you.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 pm

    "O for frag sake." Says Torpor as he squeezes out of the van.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 am

    Chougou takes the credstick and shakes his head.

    "It seems like it was a test to see how far we were able to go. We went as far as we could and ended up back in one piece. I'm glad to hear that they're still paying. Thanks Carl."

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:01 am

    On the commlink:
    "What are we doing with these guys? They won't fit in my apartment"

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am

    A loud thud can be heard over the commlink, followed by a defeated sigh. You can then hear Sun mumble: "Stupid slippery plastic..." He speaks up: "We better keep an eye on these folks, no matter where we drop them. I want to know exactly what was all that about. If they're not our contact, I want to know who they actually are, ans what they have to do with our actual contact."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am

    (ooc: I assume I'm asleep, but I will have some things to say about all this when I wake up.  For one thing, I have both the ability to suppress people's willpower, but also the ability to read their minds...)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 am

    ((Wujen is most certainly unconscious, his stim patch having worn off moments after driving away from the junkyard. Given that it is now nearing midnight and the drugs will be in the other men's system for a few hours, he might as well sleep until morning when he is fresh before dealing with any kind of spell casting unless he desires to do it while they are still unconscious. He will have recovered enough to wake up within twenty minutes if he wants to chat with Crazy Carl though))


    Crazy Carl says, "Well, the contact always pays me, so I had no reason to think they wouldn't pay you. I wouldn't have bothered sending along the message if I didn't trust them to come through on their promises. I have a reputation to protect, right?

    "While you are here, can I interest you in a lightly used coffin?"
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:37 am

    Torpor looks at Carl, "But you did say they called you about 30 minutes ago? " Torpor goes back to the men in the van and starts empty pockets and holsters,  he looks around for a container to put it all in.  When he finishes collecting weapons
    Anything useful at all he looks for the commlink from the supposed leader, he takes it and starts looking through recent calls contacts.


    Last edited by Torpor on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:41 am

    Sun goes ahead and ties the passed out folks up, just to make sure.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am

    ((anything small and pocketable i do,  like credsticks and such. All the weapons and such in a pile or box))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:19 pm

    Crazy Carl says, "More or less. Maybe more. Maybe less. I didn't check the time at the time."

    A search through the unconscious people's pockets turns up some burner commlinks which have only sent calls to each other, except for the businessman's who has made calls to each of you. In addition they each have machine pistols that appear to have been fired recently (none have any ammunition remaining, and the machine pistols were presumably gathered up while you were gathering their bodies because they were laying on the ground near their hands then) and armor jackets. Other than their clothing, they have nothing else of interest on them.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:52 pm