Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Share
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 2:54

    Sun, a bit befuddled by this change of events, scratches the back of his head. "We don't actually know who our original contact was. We don't know anything about him, beyond what Crazy Carl said. Carl isn't exactly a beacon of morality. Who says these new guys would be worse than the original contact to give the box to? I say we just deliver it and be done with it. We don't know which one of the two would be better or worse, or if they'd be equally bad. We're just here to deliver the package, get our paycheck, and go home. I do, however, think we should let Carl know his contact can't be contacted anymore."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 681
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:01

    "Allright, that's everyone.  I've got the box in my pocket, I'll go talk to them.  If this goes sideways, again, just leave me.  Either I'm dead or I have other ways back.  I can't just leave the guards on the ground there to die in this place."

    WuJen shakily gets to his feet and leaves the van.

    "Ok.  We were contracted to deliver the box, and we are delivering it.  I'd have preferred you left the theatrics to after we were gone, so none of this would be our concern.  I cannot in good conscious leave these men to die out here, so I ask that you take the package and depart.  I assume if these men knew anything you don't want them to know, they would be dead."

    WuJen walks to an empty spot in the junkyard, and leaves the package on the ground before stepping away.

    "There it is.  Please, just leave our payment, take it, and go.  I hope this will be the end of things."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:20

    Sun hops out of the van, staying near WuJen, just in case. He can't let his teammate go out alone.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:41

    With Sun at his side, Wujen steps outside to a spot away from the ninjas, places the package on the ground then scampers back to the van. The ninjas make no move until the pair are both safely in the van, but then one of the ninjas runs over to the package, picks it up, slices it open to check the contents then gives a nod to the leader.

    The leader places the credstick on a nearby wrecked car and says, "A pleasure doing business with you all,"  before tossing a smoke grenade on the ground. By the time the smoke clears, the ninjas have vanished.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 681
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:49

    "Allright.  Let's see what can be salvaged here.  I don't know how long those guards have, so let's see about getting them stable.  If at all possible see about saving our supposed Johnson too, he's only just been cut, so maybe there's something that can be done."

    "At the very least, let's collect gear and commlinks and see if we can find out what was going on here, and if we need to worry about what those guys just ran off with."

    "Be aware that Johnson or his bodyguard may have had DocWagon contracts, so we may be looking at ambulances or a HTR in short order."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:51

    Running back to the van, Sun asks the team medic: "Hey, it's safe to come outside. There are plenty of people in need of medical treatment, so we can really use your skills right about now!" He then runs back out to see where he can help the wounded.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 14:58

    ((@Ichigo - give me a biotech+logic check to assess the conditions of the bodies to see who can still be treated and what kind of treatment they will be needing.))

    While you all give a sigh of relief from having avoided suicide by ninja, you hear the sounds of loud motorcycle engines approaching.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:01

    Shaking his head, Sun sighs. "We really can't get some slack tonight. Let's hope that's the elf girl's friends..." He goes back to the van, and asks her: "Hey, you understand the words coming out of my mouth? Do your friends ride motorcycles? Also, can I have my commlink back, please?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:03

    The elf doesn't seem to understand what Sun is saying, but is done with her call and seems to at least get that Sun wants his commlink back through gestures and context. She returns it.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:06

    Sun points at the elf, then at imaginary people around her, makes a motorcycle revving movement while going "VROOM VROOM"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 681
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:24

    WuJen speaks up for Sun  in Elvish "Hey, do your friends ride Motorcycles?  It sounds like some are in the neighborhood if you are looking for your ride."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:34

    The elf nods.

    She says in Elvish (for those of you who speak elvish),:
    "Yes. I told them to come here so that must be them. We should be safe from any other local dangers once they arrive. They are strong fighters. Certainly more than a match for a couple of ninjas!"
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:36

    ((Damn, we could've just stalled))
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:42

    ((Biotech 6, logic 3)) Valacan carried out 9 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:45

    ((Using edge let's me reroll all the misses and the glitches?))
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:48

    ((Only the misses, not the glitches))
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:53

    ((Oh ok thanks)) Valacan carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:53

    ((Uuhhggg))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 16:55

    ((you can reroll the 1's as well, you just can't do it if you have a glitch, which is when half of your roll is 1's, 4 hits is enough for the diagnosis though))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 17:07

    Ichigo takes a look at the bodies as about a dozen motorcycles ride in bearing various different metahumans. Orks, trolls, elves and dwarves are all accounted for. The only one missing is just humans. Some are dressed in heavy leather jackets while others are wearing tattered martial arts uniforms.

    The elf runs out to one of the trolls and gives him a hug while tumbling out a stream of words in orc. The troll nods and points towards your group while apparently asking a question. She nods and the troll walks up to your group, his feet thudding heavily on the dusty pavement. He asks in Desian, "Nanase here says that you saved her from the Ningen Seinensha. That true?"

    Meanwhile Ichigo assesses that none of the fallen are dead, including the businessman. Their wounds are artificial and they seem to have been dosed with Reaper. Ichigo does not have the antidote for it on him, but knows that they should wake up just fine in a few hours. The drug just makes them appear dead for a while. Once it wears off, they will be hungry and shaky, but otherwise they should not have any further complications so long as you don't administer any other drugs to them.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 17:19

    ((Ichigo speaks orc what did they say?)) "So none of these body's are injured they all have been given a drug that makes them look dead they should be fine in a few hrs and a really bad case of the munchies"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 17:29

    The elf said about what you would guess from what the troll has said, that you guys saved her from another gang called the Ningen Seinensha. You understand from her word choice while addressing him that the two seem to be a couple.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 17:36

    ((Ok good to know.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:57

    "It was a damn trick...was this some sort of test??" Chougou ponders the situation.
    Over the commlink:
    "These guys were fakes? What would they have done if we had attacked?? Our bullets are still real as far as I can tell."

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 19:07

    "It's looking that way"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 13:53