Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 pm

    ((@Ichigo yep, that's right.

    @chougou technically you can, but the accuracy of your gun is a 6 and you already got 6 successes so you would get no further effect from doing it))


    Round 1, final pass


    Chougou opens up fire on the biker mage. He strikes her in the shoulder, despite her heavy cover. The impact causes her to spin and crumple to the ground, unconscious. ((3S, 2P))

    ((New round! Initiative from everyone! Torpor is free from his spell, and the three remaining bikers are currently inside the snack truck, out of line of sight. Anyone who wants to attack them will have to approach the truck.))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

    Torpor shakes his head for a moment as he collects his thoughts,  now his own.  And looks out the front window.

    ((do i think i could reach the truck with the flash bang grenade?))

    11+ (-1 factored in)
    Torpor carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 pm

    ((o drek, how does -1 for damage affect initiative? ))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:09 pm

    ((The grenade probably should make it. The truck isn't that far, about 10 meters or so. With a strength of 3, that means it's medium range, so -1 to the throw.
    The wound -1 is just a single -1 to your overall init roll.))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:37 pm

    ((cool, i thought that's what it was then doubted myself. Pre-edge the str 3 throw for a total of 4 dice is my goal))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:16 pm

    ((Chougou doesn't even know that he just saved his own life Shocked Shocked Shocked Would he have heard the shot go off on Wujen though?))

    Rigged Initiative 4 + 10

    chougou carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , ,
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 230
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dachou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 12/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:52 am

    ((Initiative roll))
    10+ RafV carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :


    Last edited by RafV on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad syntax on the roll tag)
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 am

    My initiative Valacan carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    ,
    +9
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 am

    I don't even know how many wound modifiers I have at this point. 4, 5?

    Initiative 8+3d6
    WuJen carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:50 pm

    (ooc: are we waiting on folks to announce actions again?)
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 230
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dachou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 12/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:54 pm

    ((I'm waiting for Torpor. I kinda want Sun to crawl into the van, but if he sees Torpor chuck a grenade in it, he's not gonna crawl in there.))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:56 pm

    (ooc: Fair enough. Smile )

     (ooc: Also, just noticed that Torpor one shot me through 11 boxes of stun and then 3 boxes of physical--equal to another 6 boxes of Stun--  I don't ever, ever, ever want to hear from anyone how overpowered magic is again.  I have no idea how I'd manage 17 total boxes of damage in one spell, but I'm pretty sure the drain would be lethal if I tried)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:05 pm

    ((I do need actions from everyone, not just initiatives. So far I just have Torpor throwing a flash bang.

    @Chougou He uses a silencer, so maybe not. But even if he did, the sound of Torpor shooting isn't immediately suspicious as he is supposed to be shooting at the bad guys anyway and there is no one currently in the van who can see what he is doing other than Wujen and Chougou, who are both unconscious. Luckily it isn't an issue anymore though

    @Wujen If you look beneath your name on your post, I've been adjusting your stun/physical damage as we've been going. He currently has a total wound modifier of -5.
    I'ma have to agree with you about magic not being overpowered. Attack spells in particular were really nerfed this edition. Everyone is always like 'geek the mage first', but the mage's fireball isn't going to do as much damage as a grenade or someone with a good gun. They are much more dangerous when they do things like mind control the guy who really deals the nasty damage, but even that damn near knocked out this mage. You don't get knocked out by firing a gun all day.))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 pm

    ((If you want to avoid getting flash banged, you can delay action until after Torpor throws))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:14 pm

    (ooc: I didn't pick up on it at first.  Used to be the damage for a spell was it's Force, which then staged up or down with net successes and resistance...  Now?  The best I can expect is 2-3 damage on a maximum force spell.  I may be investing more into Pistols.)

    WuJen wonders what is wrong with him, as his mind is suddenly sluggish.  He tries to call another earth elemental, but one less potent than before as he is unsure he is in any shape to try controlling it.

    Summoning Force 2 Spirit of Earth
    This dice is not existing.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:16 pm

    WuJen carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,

    WuJen carried out 6 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , ,

    That's what I get for not previewing.  Summoning and Drain of a force 2 earth elemental
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 pm

    ((@wujen your intuition is only 3, so your base initiative would be 6 plus the 3d6 minus wound mods. I am not sure why you threw so much into reaction at chargen instead of intuition. Not like you have any skills that use reaction that I can see.

    Also if you want higher base damage, use elemental spells. Their damage is force+hits, but the target gets a roll to avoid and then another roll to soak damage, like a normal gun attack instead of the direct spells which only deal damage equal to your hits minus their resistance.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:28 pm

    ((Oh! I thought we were waiting for everyone's initiative too! Duh!))

    Chougou calls out his Ares Dualist to finish off the mage with stabby rip stab stabs.

    Gunnery 5 + Logic 5 + Rigged in 2

    chougou carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 pm

    (OOC: Both Pistols (not so important) and stealth (normally very important) use agility. I also didn't want to go for the super genius mage trope... I'm smart, but not necessarily bright... Plus elves are dexterous)
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 230
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dachou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 12/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm

    Sun looks over his shoulder to make sure the coast is clear. Once sure he won't catch bullets with someone else's name on, he'll jump into the van, immediately attacking the first biker he sees.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 pm

    Ichigo with position himself behind cover with a line of sight to the guys in the van!
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 pm

    And he will take a shot at one of the guys that is not too close to sun if possible lol
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

    Valacan carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 pm

    ((@wujen That's all agility, not reaction though. ))

    Round 2, phase 1


    Chougou sends a humanoid droid that looks something like a modern take on a suit of ancient samurai armor over to the unconscious mage and slits her throat with ease. She quietly bleeds out on the ground.

    Torpor tosses a flash bang at the van, but misses the entrance. Instead it bounces off the edge of the door and goes flying a couple of meters to the left. It knocks out a couple of bystanders taking cover on the side of the road.

    Sun slips into the van and finds two of the bikers picking through the snacks (some of which have been destroyed by the machine gun fire, while the third is up front struggling with the driver. Now that he is up close, he can see that the two looking at the snacks are human while the one up front is an orc. He leaps forward with his staff and swings at the human who is clearly wounded from previous gunfire. The human doesn't see the attack coming and is clobbered by Sun from behind. He collapses like a sack of potatoes. ((8P))

    Ichigo tries to shoot at the second biker next to Sun, but in trying to avoid hitting Sun, the biker manages to duck aside and Ichigo ends up hitting a box of snacks. Cream erupts from the box. The sweet carnage is devastating.  

    Wujen easily controls the new spirit of earth. It is significantly less impressive than the others, appearing as a simple rock about the size of a baseball. "Hello. I am Pebbles," says the creature with the voice of a woman with gravel in her throat. "I am not powerful, but I will do what I can to aid you twice." ((No drain))

    The ork biker shouts back to the human, "Kick that asshole out, we're getting out of here with the snacks," as a foot long blade erupts from his wrist and impales the driver through the ear, presumably killing him instantly.

    The human nods and turns to Sun with a heavy revolver. "You heard him. Get the hell out, asshole," he says before firing a round right in Sun's chest! Luckily his armor absorbs the blast, but it will leave a pretty nasty bruise. ((6S))

    Initiatives for next phase and effects
    15 - Chougou
    8 - Torpor (7S)
    6 - Sun (6S)
    6 - Ichigo
    4 - Wujen (11S,6P)
    2 - OrkBiker1 and HumanBiker5
    1 - HumanBiker2 (15P)

    Many of the people have managed to clear out of the area by now. There is actually a pretty open area past the delivery truck now as traffic has continued moving at around 30 kph while you all were stalled here.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

    "Do we let them go,  or do we finish them off? " Torpor says as he tries to move closer using cover.


    Last edited by Torpor on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:53 pm