Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Share
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:04 am

    (OOC: I resist with Body+Spellcasting(counterspelling), right?  Also, I'm Astrally Projecting, and Powerbolt is a physical spell.  I didn't think it would be able to affect me.  Manabolt would have no issue, however, but can't be used on vehicles and such.)

    Resist Powerbolt (Body+Counterspell)
    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,

    Inititative: 8+
    WuJen carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :

    WuJen flinches at the Powerbolt spell, doing his best to disperse it's energies while calling to Roll "Roll, the Black Cobras are our enemies.  They need not die, but they must be subdued and their motorcycles collected in a pile over there unless they flee quickly." WuJen points to a spot on the side of the road.

    (OOC: I assume you will handle Roll's initiative and actions?)

    (My first action depends on the bikers.  To cast at me one of them should be at least Astrally Perceiving and thus dual natured and vulnerable to spells from astral space.  If so, I will cast Stunbolt back at him.  If not I will cast Improve Reflexes on myself.  Either way the roll is the same.)

    Sorcery (Stunbolt or Improve Reflexes, Force 6, with Little Dragon Aiding Sorcery)
    WuJen carried out 14 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Drain:
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 am

    The member 'RafV' has done the following action : You roll:


    'd6' :
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 am

    ((Fancy! If I use the roll form at the bottom, it posts as the GM!))
    Initiative: 12

    There's not much Sun can do without opening the car doors. Opening the doors would expose Torpor, who's opening it for only a few inches. So... Sun is doing the smart thing: laying low on the van's floor, while waiting to be allowed outside.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 am

    Valacan carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    ,
    +9
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:49 am

    Chougou reasserts that if they are able to get out of the van to attack that it will probably be our best shot at getting out of here alive, otherwise the only way that any shooters will be able to attack is going to be by opening the door and breaching our only security for the package. The open door will be where they focus all their fire and it's likely that they will succeed.

    "If you guys with weapons want to take any actions it should be outside, we can't fight them with a breach in our defenses. I'll send the drones out to cover you, but the package needs to stay in a secure area otherwise it's going to add a whole new set of complications and render the whole point moot! We can't all be contained in here like sitting ducks!"

    Chougou would like to look around to see what his maneuverability situation is, if he can go forward or backwards at all and if so how far.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 412
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:10 pm

    Torpor moves to the front seat ducking low as he puts the window down enough to fire at the gangers. ((would that be both simple actions? If so i tell Chou to put the window down so i gave an action to fire. If i can see the lead ganger i shoot for him, if not the biggest will do)) looking for a target to shoot.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:15 pm

    "Chougou can we just drive by these dumb fucks Instead of getting into a fire fight? I mean if you guys wanna get into one I'll have you backs but I prefer to avoid it at least till were on the way out!"
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:57 pm

    ((I'm operating on the assumption that we are pinned to where we are because of traffic that has stopped including the people that have left their cars in front of us once the shooting started))

    "I can try to plow through these cars, but that's just going to make us a definite target and possibly trap us more, let alone maybe getting the cowboys involved...if we have to fight we should prepare a defensive position, and fast"

    Sent from Topic'it App
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:04 pm

    "I'd avoid plowing through traffic. It will surely make us a target. Either we wait for them to finish robbing the snack truck while keeping a low profile, or we can help the poor fellows of that truck out. Plowing through traffic won't help with either option."
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:43 pm

    "I'm sorry i wasnt insinuating that we plow through people."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:36 pm

    ((I already rolled Wujen's resistance, which is why he only took 3P damage. Since he is astrally projecting, his physical stats are replaced by his mental ones, so body = willpower. Note that yes a powerbolt can affect an astral target, but since astral projectors use willpower for body, it is essentially identical to a manabolt to them.

    Note that since you didn't declare counterspelling previously (using a free action), you have to do an interrupt action, which lowers your init by 5 (which I figured into your remaining init for the round). You get spell defense dice equal to your sorcery(counterspelling) skill per round. The pool doesn't refill until the next round, assuming you declare it again, so if you use all the dice now and a second spell gets cast at you, that's all the dice you get. So when you make your next post, roll me however many spell dice you want to devote to resisting this and I'll apply the hits to reducing your damage.

    Also note that calling a spirit to help you is a simple action (which you said you had done earlier, so no need worry about it) and giving it an order is another simple action. To do all that and cast, you are doing reckless spellcasting to use a simple action instead of a complex, which ups the drain by 3. In other circumstances, this could allow you to cast 2 spells as one action if you don't mind the drain

    Final note, since you are astrally projecting, you use astral initiative which is intuition x 2 + 3d6. I'll go ahead and roll it for you to move things along))


    Round 1, Pass 1

    The biker plugs into his motorcycle and circles around to open fire on the delivery truck's rear with what appears to be a vehicle mounted heavy machine gun. The door takes some heavy damage.

    Chougou gets his drones into permission and checks his surroundings to see how far he can move. It looks like there are lamp posts, fleeing drivers and benches on the sidewalk. While these would not be an issue on foot, a big van would smash into them. The fleeing drivers should at least be out of the way in a round or two though.

    2 more bikers plug in, circle around and work on shooting the back door. With their combined shots, the door is worn down and soon there is a big enough hole in it that a person could get through it.

    Torpor peeks out the front window and makes a shot at biker3. The capsule round hits the target in the back of the head, and splats some chemical all over him. His bike topples over as he is knocked out cold.

    Ichigo waits to see what is going to happen as he tells Chougou to try and get you guys out of there.

    A biker whirls around as he realizes shots are being fired from somewhere other than the delivery truck and opens fire on Torpor with a full burst of machine gunfire. Only one of the bullets manages to clip him thanks to the van's cover. Luckily his armor soaks up much of the damage, but it will certainly leave a bruise. ((7S))

    The mage looks between Wujen and Torpor and decides that Torpor is the more dangerous of the two. She concentrates on him for a moment, and while there is no obvious visual effect, she seems obviously fatigued by whatever it is she did. ((4S drain))

    Wujen does his best to deflect the damage, command his spirit to attack the gangers and throw out a stunbolt at the mage (2S). It wears Wujen down ever so slightly (1S drain)

    Sun also waits to see what is going to happen.

    Roll appears on the physical plane and stares down one of the bikers, ordering him to leave. He freaks out at the large boulder and gets ready to drive off. ((biker 4 will be fleeing during his next action))


    End of pass initiatives and effects:
    12 - Biker1
    11 - Chougou ((note your hot sim rigging init is intuition+data processing+4d6))
    11 - Biker5
    10 - Biker2
    10 - Torpor
    18 - Biker3 (unconscious)
    7 - Ichigo
    6 - Biker4 (running away)
    3 - Mage biker (6S)
    2 - Sun
    1 - Roll
    0 - Wujen

    ((I am going to clear up some of the ooc chatter to clean this thread up a little))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:47 pm

    Ok, Chougou'd like to jump in to the Crawler and burst off a few shots with the Smartgun at one of the bikers that are attacking the back door.

    Gunnery 5 + Logic 5 + Agility 3 +2 (for rigged in) ((I googled this roll so let me know if it's not right))

    chougou carried out 13 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

    Counterspell 3 dice (Noted that physical spells work on astral bodies.)
    WuJen carried out 3 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , ,

    WuJen fires another Stunbolt at the Mage

    Sorcery (Stunbolt Force 6)
    WuJen carried out 13 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Drain
    WuJen carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 am

    Ichigo will go out the back of the van and take a shot at the mage with his silenced ares light 75 pistol  . Valacan carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,


    Sorry I just realized that I said what I was doing and not how I was doing it! So I edit my turn if that's ok with the gm. If not then I could have just missed my turn.


    Last edited by Valacan on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:08 pm

    GameMaster wrote:((yes, Sun can step out of the van and go punch people if he wants to.))
    ((Hurray! Let's put some sticks in wheels!))
    Sun sneaks out the front passenger's door and creeps between cars, trying to stay low. When close enough, he pokes his staff into the nearest biker's wheels.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 317
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by RafV on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 pm

    Valacan wrote:Why did my dice results changed? I had six successes and no failures!
    ((Did you edit your post? Cause it rerolls if you do. The GM will take a worst roll possible (not worst roll rolled) if he sees a post is edited. For safety reasons, it's a good idea to post your rolls separate from your descriptions.))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:48 pm

    ((I mentioned it in the sticky about rolling dice, but to avoid cheating I generally rule that if you edit a post that has a dice roll in it, it is an automatic fail. However, since it was an honest mistake that you didn't realize what you were doing, and I saw the roll before you edited it, I'll take the original result. Just don't do it again.))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 pm

    Round 1, Pass 2

    With the back rollaway door to the delivery van thoroughly demolished, the three bikers unplug from their bikes and begin moving in to gather their booty. One manages to get in to safety, but before the next two can, Chogou fires up his drone and rains bullets down on one of the bikers. ((uses 6 bullets)) The bullets strike the biker in the back, tearing through his leather armor with ease. (7P damage)) Blood bursts from his wounds as he dives into the delivery truck.

    Before he can be shot again, Torpor dives back into the back of Chougou's van and fires a single round into Wujen's unconscious body body. Unable to avoid the incoming shot, the capsule round easily strikes him and coats him with narcojet. ((10S,3P after resistance rolls)) He then turns, apparently getting ready to shoot Chougou's equally unconscious form.

    Ichigo fires at the mage with his pistol. Her jacket soaks up a majority of the damage. ((2S))

    As one of the bikers freaks out and drives off into the distance, the mage gets off her bike and takes cover. She shouts, "Spirit of Earth, BEGONE!" Roll pauses for a moment, mid-attack and says, "Okay," then vanishes.

    Sun meanwhile sneaks up to but a stick through one of the biker's tires, but quickly realizes all of the bikers are either off their bikes, unconscious, or gone, so putting a stick in their wheels won't be terribly useful at the moment. The nearest biker being the mage, he tries to thwack her with his stick instead. She manages to just barely avoid the attack as exhaustion and bruising wear her down.

    End of pass initiatives and effects:
    1 - Chougou
    0 - Biker1
    0 - Biker5
    0 - Biker2 (7p)
    0 - Torpor
    18 - Biker3 (unconscious)
    0 - Ichigo
    0 - Biker4 (gone)
    0 - Mage biker (8S)
    0 - Sun
    1 - Roll (banished)
    0 - Wujen (body is unconscious, but projecting)

    ((While I am not really sure what happens to an astral projector when their body goes unconscious from stun while they are gone, there is plenty of lore about them being able to remain projecting after death, so I am going to rule that Wujen can still function on the astral plane so long as he doesn't return to his body.

    For the last pass, Chougou is the only one with an action remaining and he probably doesn't realize that Torpor is pointing a gun at his body at the moment.

    As usual, I will clean up the ooc posts))


    Last edited by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 4/9
    Stun Track: 7/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:53 pm

    (OOC pretty sure I'm unconcious outside of my body and dead if I don't wake up in time to get back to it, especially if it's been moved and I have to look for it. If I am active, however, Roll should not be banished. I'm fine either way. Our failure to geek the mage that was highlighted and discussed with advise that she should receive the first bullets should anything kick off has essentially doomed us.)
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:59 pm

    ((Roll was banished by the mage, not because of Wujen's injuries.))
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:44 pm

    ((Umm so at 0 do I get another turn?? And thank you GM! I hate cheaters!!))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1359
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 pm

    ((and it's fixed.))
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

    ((Oh ok so at 0 your done for the initiative and after every one is at 0 we roll a new initiative?))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm

    Chougou will pump his little arm in success from having hit the one biker and will turn towards the next one in his line of sight, remembering to "geek the mage" from all the trids that he's seen.

    He fires the Colt Government from the Rotodrone aiming for the biker waving her hands around and such.

    Gunnery 5 + Logic 5 + Rigged in 2

    chougou carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 417
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:24 pm

    ((Can I burn a point of edge for even more rolls?))

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:36 pm