Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Sato's "uncle"

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Sato's "uncle"

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:59 pm

    The taxi arrives in front of an apartment building owned by Sato's "associates". The apartments are all spacious and of excellent quality, though some are nicer and more spacious than others. Sato arrives at the room of his "uncle" at 5 minutes to 9 and gives the front door a knock. The door opens, and a young woman in a yukata ushers him in. "Ah, Sato-san," she says, "You are expected."

    He is escorted inside and offered a cup of tea as well as a zabuton to kneel upon as his boss waits inside, drinking tea at a low wooden table. "Welcome, please be seated," he says, "I am eager to hear your latest report."
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by winkingchef on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:38 pm

    After spending many hours in Chougou's slovenly van, Sato had new appreciation for the accouterments of the Mitsubishi Nightsky limousine that ferried him to his kyodai's apartment complex.  On the journey he used the complimentary vanity kit to brush off his suit and overcoat to ensure it looked proper.  His outfit was scrupulously un-flashy, but a close inspection quickly revealed its quality.  

    As he approaches the neighborhood where he will meet his onii-sama, he turns off the wireless on all his equipment, including his commlink - he does not yet trust his colleagues sufficiently to know they will keep his family's secrets

    As he enters the apartment, he carries himself with the stiff posture of formal respect.  He inclines his head to the young woman to acknowledge her, but to his onii-sama he gave a formal keirei bow - he is a soldier who has come to deliver his report to a superior...a superior who deserves respect.  
     
    After his onii-san's invitation, he kneels down and respectfully takes the cup of tea.  He waits for his onii-sama to drink before drinking himself.

    He leaves a respectful pause before giving his report.


    Initial Etiquette roll :


    Used 1 edge (down to 2 left) for Second Chance to reroll failures (he is relatively new to the Yakuza, so his earnestness causes him to start a bit too eagerly, but he corrects when he realizes this is not someone he wants to make a bad first impression on):


    Total 6 successes (keep all 6)


    Last edited by winkingchef on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by winkingchef on Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:01 pm

    "Onii-sama, I have much to report.  The unfortunate events over the last few weeks are not the work of a rival clan, but that of an ancient, paranormal creature called a Jianshi which sucks life force to feed its growing power."

    "I have personally tracked down this creature and witnessed it murdering a helpless woman.  I chased it and attempted to slay it, but to my great shame, the creature was too strong to defeat by myself.  It has grown powerful feeding on the souls of the people of our city...and this power has made it increasingly bold.  The recent murder of the SIN-er woman in the park which made the news show it is venturing into higher visibility areas to search for its prey.  Upon consultation with an expert at Mingmei university, I have discovered its nature to be a Jianshi and feel there is some urgency as soon it may become an unstoppable Ba."

    "Given this urgency and the paranormal nature of this foe, I have taken the initiative to recruit a team of individuals to assist me in tracking it and acquiring the means to eliminate it.  I assure you that you will be very pleased with the result.  I thought it best to find a group that was unconnected with our family so that we would have insurance against any failures, unlikely as I feel they are."  

    "Over the last few days, we have managed to acquire some very esoteric means to trap and kill the creature and have discovered the creature's lair in this district ((he shows the map indicating the victims and the location the spirits found the creature's ancient tomb)) and would like to request your advice and guidance on how to remove this threat in the way most pleasing to you and our relations with the rest of the families." ((he is attempting to perform nemawashi for their operation))

    "One of my colleagues has expressed interest in trapping the creature and bringing it in for scientific study, after which it would be eliminated via the techniques we have acquired.  I mentioned to him that my "employer" would need to be consulted first.  I did not know if our family would benefit from a more public display of our contributions to the safety of the neighborhood, so I would like to discuss these options with you.  Obviously trapping it and turning it in to the police is also an option, which would enable a certain press visibility, if that were your preference.  I am most happy remaining anonymously in the shadows, but am happy to coordinate my actions to elevate others if this is the family's wish." ((Consummate Professional makes him avoid the limelight even at the expense of his own Street Cred))

    ((let me know if you need a roll (negotiation?) to signify his hint that he has colleagues that expect payment, not just in giri ))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43 pm

    Onii-sama takes a look at the map in silent contemplation for a moment then says, "Muzui desu ne..." more to himself than to Sato. He then says, "I trust that you and these hires of yours have thoroughly researched this jiangshi creature and know how to deal with it. I have never heard of one before, but you are right that I would rather not risk any of our men in dealing with one. It will be difficult to get authorization for funds for these outsiders, but if they can get the job done perhaps I can get some funding from our family. As they are unknown to us, 1,000 nuyen each seems more than fair for their help. This is of course contingent on bringing a body for us to verify the job is complete. I would like a full report on your judgement of their performances. Perhaps they may be useful for work in the future at a more lucrative family rate if they perform admirably. They are pure Desian, I trust?"

    Sato realizes that his boss is not so subtly asking if the new hires are both 100% Desian nationals by blood and human.
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by winkingchef on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:41 pm

    Sato places his palms on the floor in front of his knees and performs a senrei. ((kneeling bow))

    "Saa neh...these ones are...different...but they are also unusually skilled and well aligned with the extreme dangers of this mission. It may also help prevent any misunderstanding with the other clans if such...different...people are used in any disputed territory. Nevertheless, I am confident that you will be very pleased with the results, despite the necessity of such unorthodox methods."

    "This operation may require some disturbances in the area on the map. Would you recommend I reach out to anyone else before going forward, to prevent any misunderstanding? I am far less wise in the subtle currents in our city and seek your guidance and advice."

    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:18 pm

    The boss takes a deep breath, obviously not pleased by the use of non-humans in Yakuza operations, but he eventually says, "Shouganai na. If you say they have the skills you need them to have, then use the tools you need. Those of unpure blood will not be offered more than payment.

    "You should not have any territory disputes in the area you have mentioned on the map. That is Yamaguchi territory. Just do what you can to keep this operation quiet. We do not wish there to be any collateral damage or issues with law enforcement. I need not inform you of the dishonor that would befall you should there be any accidents."
    avatar
    winkingchef

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2018-07-13

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 1/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by winkingchef on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:52 pm

    Sato performs another kneeling bow. He is grateful for his kyodai's willingness to bend the rules to look the other way.

    "Thank you for your wise advice and guidance. I will return once the mission is complete."

    ((following the required etiquette, he stands and leaves as soon as it is appropriate to do so))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by GameMaster on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:16 pm

    The boss nods and sees Sato out, confidant that the job will be done properly.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sato's "uncle"

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 pm